SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She had a (possible) manicure that day.
Some have also suggested that is why her wedding band was floating around in her car. I personally think the salon visit makes those 2 things mute.

MOO
I have manicures a lot. After the polish is removed and they have filed nails, trimmed cuticles etc, they will often put lotion on hands and arms and massage. You can take your rings off then. Then you put them back on before the polish. I’ve never taken them off in the car prior.

In this picture from the body cam of Sgt Daniel Greene arriving at the kennels notice where Alex's truck is parked. He drove thee from the house, correct ? In one of AM's interviews (if not all of them), Alex states he checked Paul for a pulse, picked up his phone for a moment and then went to check on Maggie. He also stated in an interview (I think one of the body cams) that he parked his truck in nearly the same location both times he drove to the kennel.

If Alex parked his truck in that spot, he would have walked past Maggie to check on Paul. Wouldn't you check on the first body you came to ?
One of AM's babbling lies. Like going to the morgue and checking for pulses and life. AM had been scrambling around that area before the police showed to tidy up, check phones knowing both were dead, sad to say.

I'm still hung up on Alec sending Blanca to Mossell the next morning to clean for him. Such entitlement, such use of people, such lack of anything coming close to empathy. Blanca had to be reeling from her own sense of grief, shock, sadness, loss.

The man has no heart.

I shouldn't be surprised. But I always am.
I find it odd that an attorney would live this lifestyle. People picking up his soiled clothing on the floor. The “help” knowing if you wear panties with your pj’s. Cooking your dinner every night.

Did somebody say Let’s Rock and Roll ?!

[…]
If Waters comes off as obsessive about his job, you should see the work he puts into his rock-and-roll alter ego.

Waters has played guitar for decades, a fan of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden in his youth before graduating to the more mainstream Rolling Stones and Drive-By Truckers.

For a few years until recently, he was the lead guitarist of Sole Purpose, a Columbia cover band that performs at weddings, parties and restaurants.

YouTube and Facebook are sprinkled with videos of Waters shredding solos at gigs or hourslong practice sessions, having swapped his suit and tie for a T-shirt and shorts.

Waters awed his bandmates with his ability to quickly learn new songs by ear, just as his colleagues at work marvel at his encyclopedic recall of facts and case law during court hearings.

Waters never talked about his cases with the band, due to the strict secrecy rules around state grand jury proceedings. But they could see how music helped him blow off steam from his day job.

That energy came out in his guitar work,” said Bennett, the band’s lead singer and Waters’ childhood friend. “He would channel it in his solos.”

Waters stepped away from Sole Purpose about two years ago as the band’s popularity grew and his work became more demanding, friends say.

That was around the time the state grand jury’s Murdaugh investigations began to heat up.
[…]

Rock Star too! I do like his style in the courtroom and always perk up when he's asking the questions. Got to say though with the look's he reminds me of Richard Dreyfuss taking on another predator that feeds on others, no shark this time...or is it lol.

I'm still hung up on Alec sending Blanca to Mossell the next morning to clean for him. Such entitlement, such use of people, such lack of anything coming close to empathy. Blanca had to be reeling from her own sense of grief, shock, sadness, loss.

The man has no heart.

I shouldn't be surprised. But I always am.

JMO
I'd really like to know what Blanca may have discovered there the next morning.

Last edited:
She’s on the list for the defense, curious so I looked into it.

Amy Bower, Esquire

….

On June 14, Richard Alexander Murdaugh and his older son, Richard Alexander Murdaugh Jr., hired Charleston-based lawyers Amy Bower and John Tiller, who were both named to the 2019 list of South Carolina Super Lawyers, to represent them.

But if he did, wouldn’t he be making tons more money? Drug trafficking in a deficit? No such thing.
Depends if say you also gamble, play the stocks or are involved in other business dealings, pay off individuals who assist you in those or other dubious undertakings.

Plus, if an individual is a lousy drug trafficker on his/her own, trying to make a profit, well then it's just their loss...and any dealer they have working for them. Just some thoughts

In this picture from the body cam of Sgt Daniel Greene arriving at the kennels notice where Alex's truck is parked. He drove thee from the house, correct ? In one of AM's interviews (if not all of them), Alex states he checked Paul for a pulse, picked up his phone for a moment and then went to check on Maggie. He also stated in an interview (I think one of the body cams) that he parked his truck in nearly the same location both times he drove to the kennel.

If Alex parked his truck in that spot, he would have walked past Maggie to check on Paul. Wouldn't you check on the first body you came to ?
Yes and especially the love of your life, how could you not? MOO

From @Seattle1 post:

“Alex Murdaugh's cell phone didn't ping off any towers between 6:52 and 9:04 p.m.
  • 6:40 - Paul called Alex and talked for 2 minutes.
  • 6:42 - Alex arrives at Moselle.
  • 6:43 - Maggie missed call from Alex
  • 6:52 - Alex calls Terry Branstetter
  • 6:52 - Paul calls John Marvin
  • 7:00 - Paul texts CB Rowe about the dead sunflowers needing to be plowed under
  • 7:02 - Maggie calls Alex
  • 7:03 - Alex takes 165 steps
  • 7:04 - Paul arrives home
  • 7:05 - Maggie calls Marian back
  • 7:05 - Alex texts Maggie asking her to call after pedicure
  • 7:05 - Maggie calls Paul, 1:31
  • 7:05 - Alex calls Paul at same time
  • 7:07 - Maggie calls Marian
  • 7:09 - Maggie calls her mom
  • 7:14-7:15 - Paul and Alex both take about 200 steps.
  • 7:18 - Alex tells CB Rowe to call him
  • 7:25-7:34 - Paul 139 steps
  • 7:28-7:37 - Alex 47 steps
  • 7:35-7:41 - Paul 171 steps
  • 7:37 - Paul getting texts and snapchats
  • 7:39:55 - Paul's phone records video of Alex at the tree?
  • 7:41-7:48 - Alex takes 29 steps
  • 7:45-7:55 - Paul phone location data showing him at kennels, 89 steps traveled
  • 7:50 - Maggie's phone pings in Walterboro on way home from Charleston.
  • 7:52 - Paul's battery at 7% (Previous testimony, Paul continued to used phone on low battery
  • 7:55-8:05 - Paul 262 steps, Alex 270 steps
  • 7:57 - Paul receives reply from Bryan Murdaugh about Snapchat video, saying they need straps on the tree.
  • 8:05 - Paul's phone begins moving from cabin near kennels toward the main house.
  • 8:08-8:14 - Paul's phone location at main residence
  • 8:05-8:09 - Alex 54 steps
  • 8:05-8:15 - Paul 303 steps
  • 8:07 - Paul sends snapchat to several friends.
  • 8:11-8:31 - Maggie's iPhone locked.
  • 8:13 - CB Rowe is in the Augusta, Georgia area.
  • 8:14-8:35 - Paul's phone location at main house
  • 8:15-8:21 - Paul 140 steps.
  • 8:17 - Maggie unplugs phone, believed she's at Moselle by this point.
  • 8:17-8:18 - 38 steps by Maggie
  • 8:19 - Paul's phone connects to wi-fi, he's sending / receiving snapchats with friends
  • 8:23-8:30 - Paul texting, Snapping with friends.
  • 8:30-8:33 - Maggie 38 steps
  • 8:31 - John Marvin group text to Maggie, Alex and family about going to visit Randolph in hospital.
  • 8:31 - Maggie phone unlocked, orientation to vertical, reads message from Alex's sister Lynn, locks again until 8:49.
  • 8:32-8:42 - Paul 283 steps
  • 8:38 - Paul phone located at kennels
  • 8:40 - Paul calls Rogan
  • 8:44 - Paul Facetimes Rogan, creates kennel video after it ends.
  • 8:47-8:48 - Paul texting
  • 8:49:01 - Paul's phone locks for the final time
  • 8:49:26 - Maggie's phone unlocks, reads text message
  • 8:49:31 - Maggie's phone locks for the final time.
  • 8:49:35 - Paul text from Rogan, never”

Remember during one of the AM/LE interviews, he was asked which vehicle they took to ride around the property? AM said both trucks.

It‘s possible that’s when AM stashed the shotgun and rifle at the kennels, along with whatever murder paraphernalia he needed. Because Paul was at the kennels between 7:45 and 8pm. AM, a phone addict, had, interestingly, not brought his phone along for the ride-around.

Re the pronunciation of AM’s name
To test my own theory I wrote Alex Murdaugh on piece of paper and handed it without comment to my father. My dad is in his 90s, emigrated to Australia from Western Scotland in his 40s and still has a pronounced Scottish accent. He looked at the paper, looked at me and said “that’s a good Scottish name, who is Alec Murdoch?” (his pronunciation)!
ETA i assume there was a Scottish ancestor
I have done a lot of genealogy research in my day. One of the big immigrations of Scots was in the Carolinas. I suspect the M's red hair gene goes back to the 18th century! Going back further, it's said that red hair in the Northern British Isles was introduced by the Vikings way back when. Only what I've heard.

There is a strong Scots and Welch line in my history -- both my son and brother, who have dark head hair, have red beards! :):) An interesting conversation starter!

Wonder if Mixon still a caretaker for Miss Libby?

Sometimes Murdaugh would purchase drugs from a man named Kenny Hughes, he adds. He also bought them from Barbara Mixon, who looked after his mother, "on very limited occasions," Murdaugh says.

From the night of June 7, line 14 of the report shows an outgoing call on Maggie’s phone to “Barbara.” The same call is also listed on line 13. Dove explains there are several databases on the phone containing the same information stored in different logs. The call to Barbara was at 7:50 p.m. on June 7 and lasted 2 minutes and 45 seconds. The call to Barbara was the last call recorded sent or received as answerable by the phone. No more outgoing calls, no calls answered after the one to Barbara on June 7.

Same Barabara?

Made up question before.

That made me nuts, “you know”, the detective would ask, so what did she do when she got there? Well she walked in the house and you know.
No Alex we don’t know please say what she did?

I would have said, No I don’t know.

Duh
Alex does the “you know” when he doesn’t have a good answer. It’s much more frequently interspersed in his speaking when he’s stressing over questions that are trying to peg him down.

And he does the nervous “harummph” throat clearing thing when he’s uncomfortable, too.

Hes evasive as heck, very purposely so. He’s been a prosecutor and knows exactly to avoid getting pinned down.

Thankfully, Paul got him on audio at the kennels.

Last edited:
Made up question before.

That made me nuts, “you know”, the detective would ask, so what did she do when she got there? Well she walked in the house and you know.
No Alex we don’t know please say what she did?

I would have said, No I don’t know.

Duh
And starts off his answers with other topics like Paul's blood pressure, re-asks about how he should list his firearms about four or five times and then never does it, his mother's dementia -- all kinds of "let's change the subject" :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1