SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had similar thoughts!
I do think the testimony from MP that the Little Detective…starting a month before…had decided to “find” his Fathers pills…and he was going to keep him from ‘misbehaving.’…is very compelling!

There they all are together that night and maybe PM took his Dad’s stash away, MM supported that action…and here we have another possible motive.

The night his theft was uncovered, his Dad was dying, the civil suit was threatening a deeper look at his finances…might have bern the worst possible night to take away his pharmaceutical crutch.

Lots of possible motives in this case.

Dick couldn’t have a more fitting name.

A reporter asked him a question outside after court…he then raises his arm and points his index finger right at her, then says no comment.

Over this 3 day break…

Dick is probably prepping Buster for when he testifies

Waters is probably getting his questions ready if AM decides to testify

Judge Newman is probably enjoying his 3 day break from this circus
Great post, lol. ;)

Last edited:
Referring to the CNN documentary airing right now: Interesting that one of the Cook boy’s mom said specifically, “Maggie raised her boys to believe that they could do whatever they want because of who they are“ (or what their name is— can’t remember which.) But the point is that according to the community, Mama had a part in their entitled obnoxiousness too- not just the Murdaugh lineage
ABSOLUTELY see why if it was, a slam dunk on 100 percent guilty of PM regarding the boat crash. Plenty of phone vids from the kids on the boat and outside cameras. Caught it all. Horrific behavior.
I previously posted about all of the witnesses on the boat that I guess were deemed invisible to the Murdaugh machine that from the get-go-- decided PM was not driving, witnesses be damned!

Watching CNN episode 1, (about 40 min mark), -- it was painful to hear Beverly Cook's account of her last interaction with MM at the water where Cook was keeping vigil at the accident scene with her injured son & nephew (passengers on the boat) and wanting a few moments alone (not wanting to break down in front of the kids) went to her truck where MM walked by and climbed in the back seat. Appears the visit wasn't an act to console Cook or show any concern for missing Mallory. :eek:

The Milk Ain't Clean..

As to MM feeling uncomfortable in the Hampton area after the boat crash, feeling shunned -- I've said it before, I think they brought the discomfort upon themselves. MOO

Just from what i've seen so far on Low Country/CNN, I'd say ya, father killed Paul to avoid all the boat crash trial to come and consequences of that for himself. Financial and maybe 'helping his son out of it'. Disgussssting.
This is my take as well...the sentence would have been a minimum of 15 Years incarceration that PM never would have been able to cope with....so AM decided to *do the deed*. Why take out his mother?>>> She couldn't cope with PMs sentence /death either. That begs the question>>> Why didn't AM take himself out as well? Maybe he wanted to be there for BUSTER??

I've corresponded with some lovely local reporters who I believe are true representatives of the people of SC-- Colleton County esp. That said, I think DH would be a complete and utter failure anywhere outside of his district. He's a courtroom bully because it's been allowed of him without consequence. In essence, he's been rewarded (i.e., hired and re-elected) for his behavior, and/or the old dog keeps getting treats for being a dick. JMO

And in my opinion and I'm a local just outside of Charleston, people are fed up with the old school, good ole boy type of behavior down here. Poot and his like are on the way out as Charleston has become a destination for Northern people who have moved down here and locals have sold out. DH and his like are dinosaurs who are soon to be extinct as progressive people move in and change the way things are done down here. It's been a long process but I've seen it changing over the years.

So many articles mention that the case remains circumstantial, but aren't must murder cases circumstantial?

Anyway, here is an interesting (recap of events) read:

This is my take as well...the sentence would have been a minimum of 15 Years incarceration that PM never would have been able to cope with....so AM decided to *do the deed*. Why take out his mother?>>> She couldn't cope with PMs sentence /death either. That begs the question>>> Why didn't AM take himself out as well? Maybe he wanted to be there for BUSTER??
I was leaning more to AM not wanting to put himself /financially through that trial, his money was really gone, fired from his law firm for the thieving and just plain narcissist and arrogant. In his mind, yes, he could of convinced himself he was helping Paul out and Maggie, not so sure due to the horrible A/K used and multiple shots all over her. You see how cold blooded and calculated he was from the minute he decided to do this. Luring them to the kennel site, spending some of that day with son there riding around. Well planned murders in his mind and after he saw the horrific results to them it meant nothing but to keep going with his plan. No breakdown. He figured sympathy and all that and go forward in his life with Buster and hopefully have SOME of his millions or his fathers who had just died.

From the CNN (Murdaugh) Low Country Special, I think the 911 operator heard on the phone during Gloria S's fall is the same 911 operator I'm hearing during AM's 911 call on June 7.

The odds -- how tragic!

JMO, but I think Alex wanted to be there for Alex. Buster was fortunate to be elsewhere.

Marian Proctor’s testimony, in my opinion, was the turning point of the trial. It shifted it from mind-numbing technical testimony to very personal, very intimate testimony.
She was careful with her words but conveyed all her suspicions well.
Her line about everybody being afraid…pause…long pause…longer pause…”but Alex didn’t seem to be afraid” couldn’t have been scripted and delivered any better.
I hope she finds justice and peace soon.

I was leaning more to AM not wanting to put himself /financially through that trial, his money was really gone, fired from his law firm for the thieving and just plain narcissist and arrogant. In his mind, yes, he could of convinced himself he was helping Paul out and Maggie, not so sure due to the horrible A/K used and multiple shots all over her. You see how cold blooded and calculated he was from the minute he decided to do this. Luring them to the kennel site, spending some of that day with son there riding around. Well planned murders in his mind and after he saw the horrific results to them it meant nothing but to keep going with his plan. No breakdown. He figured sympathy and all that and go forward in his life with Buster and hopefully have SOME of his millions or his fathers who had just died.
YEP

That was a weird convo with Buster “Deer or Dove hunting” at Moselle?? JG??

Notice in the previous call when Buster talks to AM and he ask Buster how he got to Vegas. “On Spirit Airlines”. AM says “how was that” with a chuckle. I read somewhere that they were used to flying private.

CNN —
The jury in Alex Murdaugh’s double murder trial saw footage Wednesday from a crucial interview he had with state investigators where he was asked for the first time if he killed his wife and son.

The interview on August 11, 2021, was the third Murdaugh had with the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, which was investigating the murders of his wife, Margaret “Maggie” Murdaugh, and grown son, Paul Murdaugh, two months earlier, according to testimony Wednesday by SLED agent Lt. David Owen.

The interview was about to end when Owen told Murdaugh he had “a few more questions.”

“Did you kill Maggie?” Owen asked, according to the footage played in court.

“No,” Murdaugh said. “Did I kill my wife? No, David.”

“Do you know who did?”

“No, I do not know who did,” Murdaugh said.

“Did you kill Paul?”

“No, I did not kill Paul,” Murdaugh said.

“Do you know who did?”

“No, sir, I do not know who did,” Murdaugh said. “Do you think I killed Maggie?”

“I have to go where the evidence and the facts take me,” Owen said.

“I understand that. And you think I killed Paul?”

“I have to go where the evidence and the facts take me,” Owen said again. “And I don’t have anything that points to anybody else at this time.”

“So does that mean that I am a suspect?”

Owen told Murdaugh he was “still in this,” adding, “I have to put my beliefs aside, and go with the facts.”

Owen’s testimony Wednesday comes as the state nears the end of its case, in which prosecutors contend Murdaugh killed his wife and son to distract from a mountain of alleged financial crimes he had committed and to stave off a “day of reckoning” when those crimes might come to light.

My main thought in all of this .. where was the vomit? Sorry .. but I can't imagine coming up on a scene like that and not being sick. I can't imagine coming up on that scene and not dropping to my knees and screaming those sounds that you don't even realize are coming from your own mouth. Forget trying to find my phone even if it was glued to my hand .. I'm not sure how I would ever call 911. Someone would have to peel me off of my loved one.

and the fear .. where is his fear?!!

JMO, but I think Alex wanted to be there for Alex. Buster was fortunate to be elsewhere.
This brings up a key point>>> Buster and AM share a bond that most seem to be oblivious to. AM made sure BM would not be present. MY OPINION>>> AM knew PM's life was *over* and MM couldn't cope with his being killed, so AM took them both out. Brutal....just my 2 cents.

I’ve been puzzled by that aspect also.
Annette mentioned Tasmanian devil like behavior, sounded more like uppers or long lines of coke snorting before his office visits
Opioids and benzodiazepines even with high tolerance don’t seem to mesh with his reported behavior
I have been wondering about coke ever since I saw that first interview in car with Agent Owen on June 7. All throughall his conversations with with LE he is snorting and sniffing and dealing with a runny nose. OMO.

Last edited:
Really don't think that women are respected in the M family. moo.

I got nosey about BM’s gf… additionally, BM and GF might (him definitely) testify this week.

She has a beautiful sweet smile. See link. You don't see that in court which is understandable. IMO, the gf is too young to be sh@t up like this (in AM words)!

The pictures (again see link) look nothing like her at trial…Did she do a 180 since trial? This can’t be a healthy situation for her… imo. Hope she can find the strength to leave. I know she’s a smart young lady.

Done venting...

At the end of episode 3 they played a jail call to Buster. AM was asking Buster if his G/f was there. Buster said she was hungover & napping. Then AM asks if the g/f got his letter. Buster said no not yet. ( ?)

I personally heard & felt detachment.
Would not be surprised if those 2 slowly move on from AM. JMO

At the end of episode 3 they played a jail call to Buster. AM was asking Buster if his G/f was there. Buster said she was hungover & napping. Then AM asks if the g/f got his letter. Buster said no not yet. ( ?)

I personally heard & felt detachment.
Would not be surprised if those 2 slowly move on from AM. JMO

Based on the collective jail calls with Buster so far I was sensing the same ‘detachment’. It gave me the impression that Buster wasn’t so sure about AM innocence. Now though it seems in court he is fully supporting AM. I’m sure things have ebbed and flowed for him as far as guilty or not guilty. I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes.

This brings up a key point>>> Buster and AM share a bond that most seem to be oblivious to. AM made sure BM would not be present. MY OPINION>>> AM knew PM's life was *over* and MM couldn't cope with his being killed, so AM took them both out. Brutal....just my 2 cents.
I disagree. First, on Buster’s calls with AM, he sounds as though he’s tolerating Alex, but doing it more out of obligation than real interest. I don’t know that they’re close. Maybe they are, but I don’t sense that from their convos or social media. His appearance in court may be obligatory. Although, who really knows?

I also don’t believe AM killed Maggie and Paul due to some sort of mercy mission. He was just being a selfish *advertiser censored*. They were between him and his own self-interests. Alex cares about Alex. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb