SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As per CNN Buster is up first tomorrow. Also it was said to expect an accident reenactment set up.
Why do the kids always stand up for their guilty parent? It’s sick and demented. They have eyes and can’t see?

As per CNN Buster is up first tomorrow. Also it was said to expect an accident reenactment set up.
Are re-enactments admissible? I’m assuming this means an animated one. Seems to me, that’s speculative, unless prepared by an expert witness (which it may be).

I’m curious about others’ impressions of Marian Proctor’s testimony. At first, I couldn’t tell whose “side” she was on. She seemed very neutral, possibly even pro-Alex. Then, when she talked about asking Alex whether Maggie had suffered, her demeanor changed. But she never came across, IMO, as angry with AM. If I believed someone murdered my family member, I’d be seething.

What did y’all make of her testimony? Did it seem like she was walking a fine line to you?

I was out of town since Thursday and have missed so much. Any thoughts on what will happen this week? Defense strong or not?

Perhaps one of the reasons the Judge chooses the jury foreperson is to, based on his experience, gain insight to possible jury tampering? It's the first trial I've watched where the Judge makes that decision, but he does it all the time in that courtroom. Perhaps there's a reason for doing that in that courtroom?
Maybe the judge is very aware of the threat of jury tampering?

I think he didn't use the ATV. I think the three of them drove from the house to the kennels together and Alec walked/ran back.

IMO that's why he struggled to answer the question of how Maggie and Paul.got down there. Because he didn't want to associate himself in any way with that ATV. He was ridiculously vague. Like they might each have taken rides on magic carpets. Needed to distance himself from how the two of them got there. Because there were three of them.

JMO
So how did it play out ???

Alex and Paul checked trees and sunflower fields in the late afternoon of June 7, likely using the ATVs. Later, they stopped at the kennels and Paul was briefly at the caretaker's house (where he previously lived with a friend). Does Alex's phone sync with Paul's phone timeline travelling to the house to meet Maggie between 7:30-8:15 pm, or do they travel separately? Did Alex have time to backtrack and place the rifles at the kennels at 8 PM?

Alex's goal was to leave the two rifles at the kennels for later. How did he do that?

Did they take the smaller ATV together from the kennel to the house - no room for guns?

Perhaps Alex and Paul walked from the house to the kennel at 8:30, Maggie took the small golf-cart ATV to the kennel a few minutes later (where Maggie got a tire dirt mark on her lower leg)? They were all at the kennels at 8:44.

It seems like Maggie and Alex were at the chicken/guinea pens minutes before Paul was shot (video 8:44 PM). Perhaps Maggie remained at the chicken pens while Alex helped with the hose, or got the guns. Maggie would have heard and seen the first and second shot. First instinct would be to run to Paul, second instinct would be to run away. She had a shot to the leg and has been described as being down on all fours when she was shot through her internal organs, perhaps crawling. The amount of anger that a charming lawyer might have had in the moment is astounding.

It seems like she was at the chicken pens and in clear sight of Alex when he shot Paul.

Attachments

• 1676946061220.png
    1676946061220.png
    621.5 KB · Views: 21
Exactly. The thing that I'm curious about is if Alex does take the stand, surely he will be asked to explain how his voice is heard at the kennels mere minutes before the shooting.
For the life of me I can't think of how he will explain his way out of that one on the stand. It's obvious he was there. Let's see. Did he use his super powers? Hidden airplane? Teleported himself?
If he takes the stand (I don't think he will) he will say something along the lines of "I've been a prosecutor. I know that LE always focuses on the husband and in this case LE had tunnel vision on me right away. I was forced to lie so they wouldn't unjustly focus on me and let the real killers go. And, of course I was in shock, so I might not have made a sound choice."

I think this is what the defense will focus on.

ETA: typos and sloppy typing!

Last edited:
Why do the kids always stand up for their guilty parent? It’s sick and demented. They have eyes and can’t see?

OP commented on this well up thread, as to whom or when I don’t recall.

There are obviously very strong psychological attachment issues to a parent for the children. Their ‘first established protector’ and the innate bonding element. It has to be so gut wrenching to accept that a parent is not loyal to its own.

I don’t have a formal degree so I will stop at that but it is very interesting. We never know what we or others will do until we are faced with it.

I’m curious about others’ impressions of Marian Proctor’s testimony. At first, I couldn’t tell whose “side” she was on. She seemed very neutral, possibly even pro-Alex. Then, when she talked about asking Alex whether Maggie had suffered, her demeanor changed. But she never came across, IMO, as angry with AM. If I believed someone murdered my family member, I’d be seething.

What did y’all make of her testimony? Did it seem like she was walking a fine line to you?

I’m with you. That was my feeling. I did consider if it had something to do with her wishing to respect and love Buster. She could have come down harder in my opinion but that is what made it more realistic. She no doubt has the intimate knowledge (sisterhood) of how much MM loved her children.

Southern Belle who would never say anything against someone's character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell