SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he says he was forced at gun point to do this by some sweater wearing 5 foot tall ninjas that just showed up in his house and than they just walked off into the night to leave him to deal with it I'm afraid I might have to hijack this crazy train and derail it. :D

holy moly. I’m gobsmacked. He’s going to be charismatic and likable. He’s a con man. I think he’ll sway some jurors. I wish Creighton all the best. I’m rooting for CW. Fingers crossed. Go get him, Mr. Prosecutor!

How on earth can his lawyers participate in questioning him knowing he is lying. They can’t ethically participate in a fraud on the court. Maybe they withdraw as counsel and/or AM is going to represent himself, conduct his own direct, and handle objecting during cross.

I think the jury will be terrified with him so close - staring them down.

Will they have security in the “doorway” by the witness stand?

Will prosecutors pull out the guns during cross ?

Not sure I can watch.

I knew that Alex being the con man he is would roll the dice and testify. He cannot accept that he's been slandered (in his opinion) and he will go down with a bang. I predicted he will have an outlandish story to tell, let's see.....

MOO

So if he takes the stand, he will have to explain the kennel video. So either he: denies it is him altogether (laughable IMO), he claims he doesn't remember (due to drugs, trauma, etc), he throws Paul under the bus and says Paul did it in a murder/suicide and all of AM's lies were to protect Paul's memory (even though the evidence doesn't support that) or in another "Paul did it" scenario, AM killed Paul either in self-defense or trying to protect Maggie or in a rage after seeing what Paul had done to Maggie (and then uses the "I don't remember any details because of drugs/trauma" or "I lied to protect his memory" scenario). I suppose another option would be that he has been threatened by the "real" killer(s) and he had to lie or else they would harm Buster and/or other family members. Any other ideas of what spin he could put on being at the kennels?

FWIW, none of these are even remotely plausible to me. I can find gaping holes in all of them. I'm in the camp of he is absolutely guilty. I do think, though, that a hung jury is a real possibility.

IMO MOO

I don't think he can admit to hiding the guns - that would be even worse than everything else so far

I am in consistent awe at the level of casualness about a missing/lost/stolen gun...... the idea that there is no reaction from the principals in this surprising. A missing or stolen gun should be concerning enough to report and do what it takes to make sure if the gun is ever used in a crime that there is a record of it.

I hope Waters is prepared to salvage his case on AM’s cross. I predict like the rest of his case the cross will not be impactful or make up for the shoddy investigation and lack of convincing evidence. The fact that AM is a liar and a thief is already on the record. He’s gonna get up there and own it all and deny the murders and Waters has nothing to refute that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc