SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I can't for the life of me believe that Paul asked Alex to make that Dr appt. Moms and Dr's appts go hand in hand. Alex couldn't even give the reason why Mags went to her dr appt..." a stomach thing". What? An ulcer? A virus? Irritable Bowel? Lactose intolerance? He had no clue, because he wasn't concerned.

The part that I find puzzling is why a grown-*advertiser censored** man would have parents making doctors appointments like they are servants, but OTOH they treated Paul like a spoiled teenager. The evidence of asking his father is right there in the texts introduced by the defense. Perhaps Paul went to Alex's doctor.

But the dogs didn't alert.

The shooter was within 5 feet.

There's no need for another shooter. The evidence is consistent with one.
Correct. AM himself testified there was nobody else there.

“At one point on Friday, Waters asked Murdaugh whether the dogs at the kennels on his property -- where the killings took place -- were barking when he was there with his wife and son.

"There was nobody around the dogs didn't know," Murdaugh said. "There was nobody else around for them to sense."

It looks like MM put on quite a bit of weight between these two photos. No body shaming-promise-but probably indicative of a high stress level in her life during that time.

Who was it who recalled an incident where AM got nasty after taking drugs, and spent the night at his parents as a result, can anyone remember?

JMM says he didn't know about AM's drug abuse. That family had a lot going on. JMM also seems convinced of AM's innocence, perhaps the first person that really is.

The part that I find puzzling is why a grown-*advertiser censored** man would have parents making doctors appointments like they are servants, but OTOH they treated Paul like a spoiled teenager. The evidence of asking his father is right there in the texts introduced by the defense. Perhaps Paul went to Alex's doctor.
Well, I don’t think most 21-22 yo young men make their own Dr appts tbh.

It looks like MM put on quite a bit of weight between these two photos. No body shaming-promise-but probably indicative of a high stress level in her life during that time.

Who was it who recalled an incident where AM got nasty after taking drugs, and spent the night at his parents as a result, can anyone remember?

JMM says he didn't know about AM's drug abuse. That family had a lot going on. JMM also seems convinced of AM's innocence, perhaps the first person that really is.
I don't think Linda Baden was focusing on MM's weight but that she's not touching AM in the second photo whereas, in the first one, she has her arm around him. JMO

I don't think Linda Baden was focusing on MM's weight but that she's not touching AM in the second photo whereas, in the first one, she has her arm around him. JMO
. To be honest her weight gain was the first thing I saw, but after looking close it is then noticeable that her posture in the second photo is more like his sister.

Jmo

Shotgun for the close-up shot, the other for accuracy at more of a distance. Even I can hit a distant target dead center with an AR type weapon.
Agreed a shotgun is a good weapon for close -up and clear a room. Buckshot would be my option and if one wants to reach out further outside one can chamber a slug round to put some big holes in things. I would go with the buckshot used in combat/ law enforcment shotguns. Typically a 70mm 12guage shell loaded with 9 hardened 00 buckshot with a diameter of 8.4mm. The AR stock rifles scoped are the go to weapon for outside engagments . The shot placement on MM was sloppy and not on purpose IMO. I just think AM wasn't up to snuff with hitting a moving target despite MM being close. Military training back in the day when I had boots on the ground focused on center mass shot placement, hitting the vitals like the heart and lungs.

Are jurors questioning what a family annihilator is? Should A/G Waters explain this? I'm surprised by how many tweets I've seen that have no clue!
That’s bizarre. In the US, it seems there are stories of family annihilators almost weekly. Most of the time they kill themselves as well. 99.9% of the time it’s men. And usually due to finances.

I don’t think the pictures’ weight changes are an indicator of anything. At her age, it’s so hard to lose weight due to hormones and menopause. Not to say significant stress doesn’t impact weight, as it certainly can.

With that said, can’t imagine living with AM was fun. Surprised she looked as happy as she did in some of the pics.

Agreed a shotgun is a good weapon for close -up and clear a room. Buckshot would be my option and if one wants to reach out further outside one can chamber a slug round to put some big holes in things. I would go with the buckshot used in combat/ law enforcment shotguns. Typically a 70mm 12guage shell loaded with 9 hardened 00 buckshot with a diameter of 8.4mm. The AR stock rifles scoped are the go to weapon for outside engagments . The shot placement on MM was sloppy and not on purpose IMO. I just think AM wasn't up to snuff with hitting a moving target despite MM being close. Military training back in the day when I had boots on the ground focused on center mass shot placement, hitting the vitals like the heart and lungs.
The AR type is also good for things that are moving. It's light and for someone versed in shooting birds and clays, hitting a slow moving target with that type of weapon isn't that hard. I'm no real shooter and I could do it. And I would have no idea what to put in the weapon! My dad, though, was an excellent shot and we were raised to known what weapon for what purpose.

The AR type is also good for things that are moving. It's light and for someone versed in shooting birds and clays, hitting a slow moving target with that type of weapon isn't that hard. I'm no real shooter and I could do it. And I would have no idea what to put in the weapon! My dad, though, was an excellent shot and we were raised to known what weapon for what purpose.
Can't go wrong with a girl who knows how to use a weapon and was taught to respect it.

I agree. It's worth remembering that Paul started drinking very young. His emotional development would have more or less stopped at the age where he became a serious drinker.
Very true. But I also think they were raised to be very dependent on others-- especially MM.

I recall Buster testifying about needing an Rx shipped to him and I think it was his last call from MM. I also recall seeing several texts between MM and her son, and gf too, trying to confirm his address/zip in Rock Hill. MOO

That anecdote about Alex becoming aggressive and Maggie dropping him off at his parents' house, was part of the affidavit that Morgan, Paul's girlfriend, has submitted to the court in connection with the boat crash lawsuit.

AM is like Anthony Fremont, played by Billy Mumy in the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life." The family could not say anything bad about him or think bad thoughts or else Anthony would send them to the cornfield forever. Maybe AM's whole family was and still is worried they'd/they'll be next if they crossed/cross him.
Remember that episode, you don't want to go to the cornfield. Loose lips sink ships in that family and thinking AM kept the zippers tight with the family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities