VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, today is National Pig Day.
Watch your Volume! Some loud woo hoo-ing

Could have warned us before we took the hippy bus out to the ranch for a tour, jumanji unhinged out there as the sleuths and I fought our way out of there. Poor chicken has that 100yrd stare now and our spirit guide bailed on us and is still missing.

Not sure of the relevance...but why was Alex bald and gaunt for so long after his arrest and initial court appearances? Was it required that he have a shaved head? I "get"...from a defense standpoint...of allowing him to grow his hair back and gaining back weight. But, IMO, puffy Alex with a full head of hair is more endearing than the mix of appearance that was settled on.

*edited for correct adjective*

he was there because he lives there..I mean what if they were in the house? and Paul was in another room..the basement..working on his guns and 2 people come in and shoot the people In the living room? ok he was there..he left back up to the house.. like normal stuff they do every day...
Then say you were there. Don't lie about not being there and wait until there is proof you were there to finally admit you were there. If you want people to believe you are telling the truth...don't lie. Oh but he did do normal everyday stuff, he lied.
moo

It’s not about how long the trial took, it’s about how impactful you can be to an audience without losing their attention. Many people on this forum stated that CW at the end, summarized it really good, however if you have bored the audience for 3 hours prior to that, it’s not as impactful because some of the people on the jury have drown him out already.

I don’t think anyone wants to be critical of CW, I sincerely believe that most people want to see AM in prison for these murders and CW is one of the people that can put him there based on how he prosecuted the case. People that express criticism for something the prosecution does isn’t an attack on you personally or the people who are team Maggie/Paul, it’s just criticism in general because we WANT CW to do a good job! WE DO! Because we are on your side too!!! The reason I make honest comments about the things I see is because what I really care about is what that jury thinks, because at the end of the day, that’s who is going to put AM in prison, not you, not me, nobody here on websleuths.

IMO
Respectfully have to disagree, I don't think it's about "sides" or "teams" or anyone here posting on WS because we think what we post is more important than what the jury thinks. No one should ever feel "personally attacked" when someone posts an opinion different from theirs, we are all here to express our opinions, and discuss the cases that interest us within terms of service (TOS) rules that we all agree to follow in order to post our thoughts here. JMO as always!

he was there because he lives there..I mean what if they were in the house? and Paul was in another room..the basement..working on his guns and 2 people come in and shoot the people In the living room? ok he was there..he left back up to the house.. like normal stuff they do every day...
He deliberately lied about being with them at the kennels, specifically said he was in the house and they were at the kennels and dinner was the last time he saw them. What is your explanation for that lie?

Interesting. I do recall I believe hearing that, and if that be the case, then perhaps the defendant had asked his son (prior to being slain) be sure to have that gun around and with them that evening….. for example while surveying those trees or the property? So removing an element of surprise from the victim to that gun being present.

Or perhaps I’ve got this all jumbled….. So much to follow. iMO.
You don't have it jumbled at all! The property ride was important. Alex first said they rode the property looking for hogs, looking at the sunflowers, the tree, etc. Later I believe that was changed, but if they were riding looking FOR hogs.. then Paul's 300blackout would 100% be a gun they would use. Having it on that ride around is very likely. It being down at the kennel is very likely. One thing for sure is seeing that gun laying around wouldn't be a surprise to any of them. Alex having a shotgun on the golf cart would not be a surprise to anyone. This was a typical day and they were doing what they did so guns laying around, being in vehicles, on the golf cart, at the kennels.. all normal.

If they can prove that someone staged the bike, the flower pot and the stuffed chicken toy in Bubba's kennel, I think there's going to be big trouble (criminal charges) coming.

Well, its the fixer, evidently.

Defense attorney Dick Harpootlian said earlier this week that people were trespassing on the Moselle property taking selfies in front of the feed room. He said that Alex’s brother, John Marvin Murdaugh, who has been maintaining the property, called the sheriff’s office to remove some people from the location.

Respectfully have to disagree, I don't think it's about "sides" or "teams" or anyone here posting on WS because we think what we post is more important than what the jury thinks. No one should ever feel "personally attacked" when someone posts an opinion different from theirs, we are all here to express our opinions, and discuss the cases that interest us within terms of service (TOS) rules that we all agree to follow in order to post our thoughts here. JMO as always!
Exactly. I love that everyone states their opinion, and my post was my opinion. There was no attack on anyone.

Last edited:
I’ve thought of this a good bit but must admit that I have no idea how I would react to a horror scene like that so I can’t really judge how others may have. From what we have seen in trial I’ve my thoughts as to why now.
It's not a pretty site at all and being involved in engagements during my time in the service and seeing the damage done by weapons it leaves an imprint in your mind and one must carry it with care and put it to rest for it can eat at your soul, bout all I want to say about that.

He deliberately lied about being with them at the kennels, specifically said he was in the house and they were at the kennels snd dinner was the last time he saw them. What is your explanation for that lie?
He told this lie to LE several times, to his family, law partners, friends, etc. He not only told LE a lie because he was paranoid, he didn't tell anyone he was down there until the video proved he was. I'd also say that very first interview he says he was gone an hour and a half and it was 45 minutes before that when he last saw them. He had this lie thought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member