VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right, we have 2 shooting carts and a Polaris, my husband and I always set our phones under the dash or in the cup holders.
If they were killed at 8:49 then I think it was in the golf cart.. if she was killed at 8:53-8:55 then I think she had picked it up and was trying to get away and it was in her hand. Those steps during that time was either her or Alex with her phone, but because there are no steps before that, I just don't think she had it on her when the kennel video was recorded unless she was just standing still for 10 minutes? I'd love to hear what others think.

And it took him how long to decide he should go to the house to get a gun? I know trauma makes it unpredictable.. but how does he know someone isn't out there right then to get him too? How does he know they weren't just killed, that someone wasn't at the house or in the woods or in the kennels or anywhere else? How does it know someone didn't follow him to his moms? You are right he didn't call to make sure they were okay. He knows all these LE people and his family is dead.. he didn't call his law partners and say make sure you families are okay (maybe it's from a case the law firm handled and someone is angry.. He immediately thinks it's the boat case and then almost as an afterthought on the 911 call he says let me go get a gun.. (I think he already had the gun, but he makes sure to tell her he's going to get one. So many things don't make sense and sure we can argue we don't know what we would do, but it's like not a single thing he did is reasonable.. not a single thing suggests he is fearful of anything except the police finding his pills.
Also, if I came upon my spouse and child and they'd been gunned down I would be scared the killer(s) were still outside and I was now a sitting duck and I could be next. Or maybe I just watched too many Scream movies back in the day LOL

I’ve noticed all the witnesses who knew the family showed compassion for Paul. Not one said anything about Mags except her sister
I suspect that is because there are so many cases where husbands kill wives that to suggest they don’t would be scoffed at, but this defense is REALLY hanging their hats on the common belief that fathers do not kill their sons.

So, many defense witnesses have talked of their memorable love and affection for Paul in the Defense team’s hope that jurors will project those into their concept of the relationship between Alex and Paul.

But, if Alex loved Paul, he’d have disciplined him. By that I don’t mean anything like spanking or punishment, I mean “making Paul a disciple of his father’s own good character and behavior.” That is, teaching - by example and by instruction - Paul how to be in the world to live a good life. Not an indulged and self-destructive life, but a life built on service to good relationships, development of a worthy vocation, investment of self into a larger community.

But Alex didn’t have it in him. He only had indulgence. Let Paul have whatever he wanted as an extension of Alex having whatever he wanted. And when indulging Paul resulted in consequences which threatened to expose the full extent to which Alex indulged himself (cheating and stealing from others), Paul lost his utility to Alex and he didn’t want Paul as an extension of himself anymore.

So, he eliminated Paul and used the tragedy to bask in the sympathy that came his way after.

The common belief that fathers don’t kill their sons cannot be applied to Alex because he didn’t earn that presumption like most fathers do.

Six weeks and the state has established AM is a horrible human and the defense has established the state did a horrible job investigating and preserving evidence.

....uffff
And established AM was at the scene of the murders at the time frame of the murders and lied about the being there obstructing the investigation instead of helping to establish a tighter timeline of when he actually saw them for last time. I can’t think of any reasonable explanation for those lies, whatever he said, he was always going to be the last person to see them alive, whether it was dinner in the house or at the kennels. I don’t think the failures of the investigation negate that or create reasonable doubt. moo

If they were killed at 8:49 then I think it was in the golf cart.. if she was killed at 8:53-8:55 then I think she had picked it up and was trying to get away and it was in her hand. Those steps during that time was either her or Alex with her phone, but because there are no steps before that, I just don't think she had it on her when the kennel video was recorded unless she was just standing still for 10 minutes? I'd love to hear what others think.
Very possible she had picked it up and those few minutes before she was killed

6:30 in the morning that he went to his mother's house a few days after...on the heals of him attempting to manipulate his time visit. Ms Shelley has no horse in this race, no reason to lie. she said unusual he stopped by at that hour (IIRC she worked 8-8am.) seems he was making sure it was her there when he 'dropped off something'...I really believe AM thought she would be acquiescent, easy to manipulate because you know, HE IS ALEX MURDAUGH. he thought wrong. she wasnt afraid to tell the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1