VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know where Maggie's phone was when she was murdered?
One of the tragedies and difficulties of this case is that AM is a lawyer. He is capable of complex planning and, apparently, he is an expert in both crime and in ordinary lying.

I hope the jury takes that into account. Who better knows (and has accomplices) to hide weapons, clothing, etc. The only thing they couldn't do was remove the digital evidence, which included Paul's video.

I need another cup of coffee from the bar; too early for me for an Irish. It's been amazing watching this trial with you all. The expertise here (and the enthusiasm for legal proceedings) warms my heart.

This is my first full trial followed on WS! Oh, and my husband thanks all of you for being there, so he doesn't have to be (as much - he's interested, but he's not a legal procedure guy; whereas I am known to go to the courthouse just to randomly observe.

MPOV
I enjoyed having YOU and your input each and every time. Now, to see what happens. Sounds so lightly said and it's NOT. Here's hoping jury does justice. I'll be looking for the Mrs. Satterfield and Steven Smith trials perhaps, on here.

"That's where I took the guns...I can't tell them that." Meadors as he wonders why Alex didn't say to the police "I just left my mom's, get over and protect her! Somebody's trying to kill us!"

That was GREAT.
Yes, that is what has made me think AM was guilty from the start. If half your family is gunned down and you don't check on the other son or the mom you just went to visit, that seems unlikely to me unless you know the other son is fine.

Do we know where Maggie's phone was when she was murdered?
I don’t know that there was testimony about this but in my opinion it was in her hand and likely AM thought she was dialing 911 after hearing the first gunshot and that AM took it with him because he didn’t now whether she may have already started the call. Also I think the idea of “someone” shutting off the ringing when he called her phone after she was dead was him so that if her voicemail picked up it wouldn’t hear the phone ringing in the background.

I think it's safe to conclude it was on the golf cart because there were not steps recorded for quite a while and we heard her on the kennel video so I think she left her phone in the golf cart and it wasn't moved until Alex picked it up. If it was in her pocket she would have recorded steps at the kennel.
I think you are right, we have 2 shooting carts and a Polaris, my husband and I always set our phones under the dash or in the cup holders.

Columbia, S.C. – As the double murder trial of Alex Murdaugh wraps, the heaps of public attention poured on the case's many twists and turns are hardly waning.

Investigations stemming from the June 7, 2021 shooting deaths of the legal scion's wife and son revealed the prominent South Carolina lawyer stole millions of dollars from largely poor client's settlements and staged an attempt on his life to secure his surviving son a $12 million life insurance payout, according to authorities.

In the process, true crime enthusiasts, concerned onlookers and many others found the latest subject of their fascination in the yearslong unraveling of a mystery that jurors must now weigh.

Experts say the small town saga’s transformation into an international topic of intrigue highlights insights into the human psyche: People are wired to follow events that inform their perceptions of threat. And now, amid the commotion, some legal observers have found an important opportunity for education...

"That's where I took the guns...I can't tell them that." Meadors as he wonders why Alex didn't say to the police "I just left my mom's, get over and protect her! Somebody's trying to kill us!"

That was GREAT.
I agree. Very dramatic, I almost felt like it was a scene from a movie but made a good point. Speaking of movies, I wonder how long before the movie comes out? Damien Lewis as Alex?

IMO

Maggie was pacing, waiting for Alex to kennel up the dogs.

I think Paul might've had the replacement AR in the feed room. He would've had it for the property ride. Hogs = AR.

Alec grabs the shot gun, shoots Paul as he grabs his AR, shoots him a second time.

No time to reload, he grabs Paul's gun and shoots Maggie.

Oh, wait. Let me use Griffin's words.

Executes. Slaughters.

Hellish.

Worse than looking everyone in the eye and lying, Alec looked his son in the eye and destroyed him. Then picked up an AR, looked his wife in the eye, as she ran to her baby, and destroyed her. He destroyed their bodies, destroyed his family.

Family annihilator.

For the love of money.

May he have a long and unhappy life bartering for beefsticks.

JMO

Six weeks and the state has established AM is a horrible human and the defense has established the state did a horrible job investigating and preserving evidence.

....uffff

The best defense got: the State is intoxicated and giddy over prosecuting this case. And goody brother got out to the Moselle house in time to hang up the blue shirt. Yipeeee….

JMO

Yes, that is what has made me think AM was guilty from the start. If half your family is gunned down and you don't check on the other son or the mom you just went to visit, that seems unlikely to me unless you know the other son is fine.
And it took him how long to decide he should go to the house to get a gun? I know trauma makes it unpredictable.. but how does he know someone isn't out there right then to get him too? How does he know they weren't just killed, that someone wasn't at the house or in the woods or in the kennels or anywhere else? How does it know someone didn't follow him to his moms? You are right he didn't call to make sure they were okay. He knows all these LE people and his family is dead.. he didn't call his law partners and say make sure you families are okay (maybe it's from a case the law firm handled and someone is angry.. He immediately thinks it's the boat case and then almost as an afterthought on the 911 call he says let me go get a gun.. (I think he already had the gun, but he makes sure to tell her he's going to get one. So many things don't make sense and sure we can argue we don't know what we would do, but it's like not a single thing he did is reasonable.. not a single thing suggests he is fearful of anything except the police finding his pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guttertroll