SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, Tinsley was talking about the 12 million dollar policy AM claimed to have on himself.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm a little fuzzy on the details surrounding the roadside shooting as I believe most of those came through AM's attorneys since AM was so quickly whisked from the scene to the hospital and then from there to rehab. And then LE was only able to interview AM through DH (who actually asked most of the questions and seemed to answer some himself). The stories seem baked.

To whom did AM himself claim he had a $12 million policy on his OWN life? Tinsley was reportedly unable to find such, yet DH claims (without presenting evidence) that the roadside shooting was a real attempt at suicide-by-hire with the intent to pass along funds to Buster and that AM had misunderstood that there was no longer a suicide exclusion on his policy, so he could have just shot himself.

Isn't it just as possible that AM had $12 million of life insurance on the lives of PM and MM and that the narrative he intended was that the "suicide" was an attempt at passage of THOSE payouts to Buster through AM's estate? Who knows? Maybe the plan was to whisk AM offshore, claim that he had died wherever he was to be taken - and that it was his killer who also had killed PM and MM, so since AM was not a suspect in those killings AM's estate could receive those insurance proceeds (which may have been held up by provisions which do not permit a beneficiary to profit from criminality which results in the death of the insured). And then AM could begin a life offshore somewhere, free from prosecution for the murders of PM and MM and also free from prosecution for the massive thefts from his clients, friends, and partners.

It just seems very odd to me that we have two conflicting stories out there - he HAD insurance on himself (AM through DH, but without presenting evidence of the policy) and he DID NOT HAVE insurance on himself (Tinsley and others).

Maybe the funds to be passed to Buster were the funds received from insurance payouts on his mother and brother.

Alex Murdaugh’s brother gives first interview since trial: ‘He knows more’​

In New York Times interview, Randy Murdaugh says he remains unsure if his brother murdered son and wife in South Carolina

Alex Murdaugh, the disgraced South Carolina lawyer found guilty of murdering his wife and son, has long been a thief and liar – but his being a convicted killer is still a shock, his brother has said in the first interview a member of the family has given since the trial.

In an interview with the New York Times, Randy Murdaugh said he remained unsure if Alex murdered his son and wife in June 2021. Randy Murdaugh added that while he respects the jury’s verdict, he has known Alex as a protective father and husband.

To clarify, Tinsley was talking about the 12 million dollar policy AM claimed to have on himself.
I always thought it was possible he had a $5M policy with a double indemnity clause. I thought what he meant was that the policy wouldn't pay $10M if it was a suicide...in order to get the $10M it had to be an accident or a murder, not natural or self-inflicted. jmo

Why is he discussing this on the floor of the Senate? His law practice is supposed to be separate from the Senate.
I guess he thought his colleagues were too dense to know he was "trying" a case (should have tried harder) and he needed to explain his absence in case they were missing his good humor. I was surprised to read he defended someone who was sentenced to death. I don't think that would be a good reference for a defense attorney.
jmo

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WCSC) - State Sen. Dick Harpootlian, who represented convicted killer Alex Murdaugh in his murder trial, took the floor of the state Senate Tuesday afternoon.

[…]

“Now, I disagree with Judge [Clifton] Newman on some of the rulings he made. He ruled and we objected; it’s in the record,” he said. “The Supreme Court, Court of Appeals have a chance to look at that, and maybe even federal court. But that’s not based on bias. He just had a view of the law different from what I had.”

[…]

Harpootlian also addressed criticism he received from people who sent messages that called him a “piece of scum” or expressed hope that he would die of “rectal cancer.”

“Not all of them wished rectal cancer on me, but most were fairly critical,” he said.

[…]

He also had three words for people he said slept outside for nights to get a seat in the gallery during the trial: “Get some help.”

Harpootlian addresses SC Senate colleages, critics after Murdaugh trial
Harpootlian encouraged the circus atmosphere, his theatrics are not going to be forgotten. I am one that remembers his answer to the question about SLED and being a Senator, at the after trial presser he and Griffin did, and he said, he would not mix his profession with his duties as a Senator (my words) and here he goes doing it the very first opportunity. This a perfect example of why people find him so distasteful. IMO

Why is he discussing this on the floor of the Senate? His law practice is supposed to be separate from the Senate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, hoping for justice for Gloria and Stephen. Murdaugh involvement and cover up, especially by AM, is not beyond the realm of possibility, IMO.

<modsnip: off topic to this thread>

MOO
I think something very interesting was revealed during the investigation by SLED into PM and MM's murders. I can't imagine what would be left in the open, I don't think SLED would be chasing their own tail.
Same with GS's death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the clarification. I'm a little fuzzy on the details surrounding the roadside shooting as I believe most of those came through AM's attorneys since AM was so quickly whisked from the scene to the hospital and then from there to rehab. And then LE was only able to interview AM through DH (who actually asked most of the questions and seemed to answer some himself). The stories seem baked.

To whom did AM himself claim he had a $12 million policy on his OWN life? Tinsley was reportedly unable to find such, yet DH claims (without presenting evidence) that the roadside shooting was a real attempt at suicide-by-hire with the intent to pass along funds to Buster and that AM had misunderstood that there was no longer a suicide exclusion on his policy, so he could have just shot himself.

Isn't it just as possible that AM had $12 million of life insurance on the lives of PM and MM and that the narrative he intended was that the "suicide" was an attempt at passage of THOSE payouts to Buster through AM's estate? Who knows? Maybe the plan was to whisk AM offshore, claim that he had died wherever he was to be taken - and that it was his killer who also had killed PM and MM, so since AM was not a suspect in those killings AM's estate could receive those insurance proceeds (which may have been held up by provisions which do not permit a beneficiary to profit from criminality which results in the death of the insured). And then AM could begin a life offshore somewhere, free from prosecution for the murders of PM and MM and also free from prosecution for the massive thefts from his clients, friends, and partners.

It just seems very odd to me that we have two conflicting stories out there - he HAD insurance on himself (AM through DH, but without presenting evidence of the policy) and he DID NOT HAVE insurance on himself (Tinsley and others).

Maybe the funds to be passed to Buster were the funds received from insurance payouts on his mother and brother.

IMO, there was no active life policy on AM's death in good standing.

Given how in the last months of his freedom, AM could not cobble together $800K to save his life, if and that's a big "if" AM had a multi-million dollar life policy, I can't believe that AM had not already tapped out the policy's surrender value with loans where the death value was already negated. MOO

These attorney's are circling like vultures looking for their next client. JMO

Harpootlian encouraged the circus atmosphere, his theatrics are not going to be forgotten. I am one that remembers his answer to the question about SLED and being a Senator, at the after trial presser he and Griffin did, and he said, he would not mix his profession with his duties as a Senator (my words) and here he goes doing it the very first opportunity. This a perfect example of why people find him so distasteful. IMO
I just sent my Senator a message telling him what I think about Harpootlian and him discussing it on the Senate floor. I also sent Alan Wilson one and told him it is unethical in my opinion and he was a horrible representative of our State. He did say he keeps them separate and then first day back did not.

Would you happen to have the article? I would be interested in reading. Thanks.
"The original incident report written by South Carolina Highway Patrol investigators on the scene and contained in the Multi-Disciplinary Accident Investigation (MAIT)" re: the SCDPS doc remarks at the bottom: found that there was 'no evidence to suggest the victim was struck by a vehicle'

HEwas so awful to the female witnesses...so demeaning and I have to assume that is how he lives his life in his good old boy world. I did not like him the minute he opened his mouth in opening ..."I am honored" to defend this lying murderer.
I agree, misogyny is alive and well in the grey matter between DH's ears. He was also denigrating towards Gloria S's son in the Press Conference The Defense gave after the sentencing, calling him a "cripple" more than once, then smiling and turning towards JG, and saying with a big smirk "oh, is the word 'cripple' not politically correct? Should I say "disability" or...?", and JG just shakes his head, and DH goes right back to calling her son a "cripple", smiling and saying something like "I'm old, I can't help it... so anyway, this cripple..." :rolleyes: JMHO

I thought he was referring to a policy on MM. Tinsley is the attorney for the victims of the boating accident. The twit stated they looked, as it could be used to settle with the boating accident victims. Moselle was sold to settle claims for MM, PM, and BM. MM and PM had NO life insurance, per Tinsley.

AM may have HAD a several million policy during the time he staged his own murder. He was still employed and the policy could be thru work. I know my employee life insurance was significantly less than a private policy with much less coverage.

I maybe confused, If so, please help me out.

Moo....

I just sent my Senator a message telling him what I think about Harpootlian and him discussing it on the Senate floor. I also sent Alan Wilson one and told him it is unethical in my opinion and he was a horrible representative of our State. He did say he keeps them separate and then first day back did not.
I say good on you @Carolina Girl! :cool:

I thought he was referring to a policy on MM. Tinsley is the attorney for the victims of the boating accident. The twit stated they looked, as it could be used to settle with the boating accident victims. Moselle was sold to settle claims for MM, PM, and BM. MM and PM had NO life insurance, per Tinsley.

AM may have HAD a several million policy during the time he staged his own murder. He was still employed and the policy could be thru work. I know my employee life insurance was significantly less than a private policy with much less coverage.

Moo....

There was no evidence at trial that any life insurance policies on the lives of the victims MM or PM existed.

No policies MM had on herself or by anybody.

At trial, AM's only benefit from MM's death was she named him the beneficiary of her entire estate. Period. JMO

Moo....
He was, I was just clarifying that my post he was responding to was Tinsley looking for the instance policy on AM. It’s my understanding that they were no policies on Paul or Maggie, Tinsley was not looking for policies on them. Moo

There was no evidence at trial that any life insurance policies on the lives of the victims MM or PM existed.

No policies MM had on herself or by anybody.

At trial, AM's only benefit from MM's death was she named him the beneficiary of her entire estate. Period. JMO
Thank you. I can get on the wrong track quickly. I hope that's what I said, that's what I ment to say anyway. :)

As far as his financial charges go...how does Alex admitting to them under oath on the witness stand during the murder trial change things? Can he still have jury trials over those crimes? Can his testimony in the murder trial be used against him?

I always thought it was possible he had a $5M policy with a double indemnity clause. I thought what he meant was that the policy wouldn't pay $10M if it was a suicide...in order to get the $10M it had to be an accident or a murder, not natural or self-inflicted. jmo

Respectfully, for decades, life insurance wouldn't pay in the event of death by suicide, and not until Insurers were forced on the issue did they begin to include suicide clauses in policies restricting the terms for exclusion which is typically 24 months. While double indemnity often covers death by accident, it doesn't follow that suicide would ever be included here. JMO

I posted some time back, that it would have been interesting had SC been able to do what happened out west on that movie set shooting. Where I believe someone had petitioned to have someone recused for certain reasons.

Seems like maybe that is needed here? Appears most unfortunate that this individual, lead counsel for the convicted defendant could operate in this fashion? Is this an infomercial for a private practice?

Perhaps I misunderstood what was noted. Maybe the appropriate Office of Disciplinary Council should be examining this conduct?
MOO.

I agree, misogyny is alive and well in the grey matter between DH's ears. He was also denigrating towards Gloria S's son in the Press Conference The Defense gave after the sentencing, calling him a "cripple" more than once, then smiling and turning towards JG, and saying with a big smirk "oh, is the word 'cripple' not politically correct? Should I say "disability" or...?", and JG just shakes his head, and DH goes right back to calling her son a "cripple", smiling and saying something like "I'm old, I can't help it... so anyway, this cripple..." :rolleyes: JMHO
Absolutely KNEW I had to be hearing this very wrong. NO ONE would use this, so anyway this cripple. Ugly and hateful .....He needs to be kicked OUT of his official role in S.C. He would be up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi