SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Clifton Newman did his first interview since Alex Murdaugh was convicted of killing his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul. MORE HERE: https://courttv.com/trending/alex-murdaugh-family-murders/

As much as I love Judge Newman, I was surprised to hear that he felt 'sorry for AM'. He said he felt that AM was just a man at the end of his rope and having a chance to do it all over again, that he wouldn't.

I don't agree with that necessarily. AM is a career long con man, he stole millions from everyone he could take advantage of. I don't believe AM feels any real remorse, EXCEPT for his being caught.

MOO

As much as I love Judge Newman, I was surprised to hear that he felt 'sorry for AM'. He said he felt that AM was just a man at the end of his rope and having a chance to do it all over again, that he wouldn't.

I don't agree with that necessarily. AM is a career long con man, he stole millions from everyone he could take advantage of. I don't believe AM feels any real remorse, EXCEPT for his being caught.

MOO
Maybe if AM showed some remorse. He did not. He doubled down.

IMO all AM regrets is that he couldn't pull favors and avoid being investigated, for murder, fraud, any of it.

AM would steal from his own back pocket if he didn't know it was his.

JMO

Last edited:

MOO
Agree with you. AW tainted the law profession. AW has no conscience imo.

Last edited:
Maybe if AM showed some remorse. He did not. He doubled down.

IMO all AM regrets is that he couldn't pull favors and avoid being investigated, for murder, fraud, any of it.

AM would steal from his own back pocket if he didn't know it was his.

JMO
He didn't think (in his pea brain) that he would ever have to pay the piper. moo

Victims of white-collar crime are often left feeling dejected waiting on the sentencing process in US District Court (Federal Court). For example, Russell Laffitte was found guilty by his jury on March 24, yet he's still walking around a free man until his sentencing date on August 1. No truer words than justice delayed is justice denied.

Russell Laffitte -- GUILTY

That has to be sheer torture knowing that day is waiting.

That has to be sheer torture knowing that day is waiting.

Absolutely, plus waiting on the Court's actual penalty imposed which the Judge announces on the sentencing date.

For example, the last federal trial I followed was for the girlfriend (Lori Milliron) of the PA dentist who was convicted of murdering his wife while on Safari, and for mail/insurance fraud. The girlfriend expected 3-5 years and credit for time served. However, at sentencing, the Judge imposed a 17-year prison sentence - citing how she had zero reaction to the crime photos of the murdered wife and her lack of remorse. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina