GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And just a reminder - could someone note the "time" the jury starts deliberations & when they end, please?
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

She is lamenting about how they (defense) couldn't ask certain investigators questions, even though they've been sitting in the gallery all week.

(then why the F didn't the defense call them???????)

Eta: It has to be hard for the state to not be able to rebut 1) because that's what normally happens 2) what she is saying is a whole lot of nonsense

She is lamenting about how they (defense) couldn't ask certain investigators questions, even though they've been sitting in the gallery all week.

(then why the F didn't the defense call them???????)

That’s weird. Who was stopping them? Is she talking about sustained objections? Those don’t count dear. I guess they are trying to suggest to the jury that it wasn’t a fair trial. Ridiculous. I hope the prosecution does get a rebuttal so they can address that.

Stephen Fastenau
@StephenFastenau
·
1m
Rowland’s attorney, Tracy Pinnock, says unidentified men whose DNA was found on various items cast doubt on state’s case. She tried to poke holes in testimony of state’s star witness, Maria Howard, and that Rowland driving a car with Josephson’s blood isn’t proof he killed her.

link: https://twitter.com/StephenFastenau

That’s weird. Who was stopping them? Is she talking about sustained objections? Those don’t count dear. I guess they are trying to suggest to the jury that it wasn’t a fair trial. Ridiculous. I hope the prosecution does get a rebuttal so they can address that.

I'm surprised she is able to say that ('why didn't we hear from them even though they've been sitting here'). (Clearly I am not a lawyer because my immediate follow-up thought is what would happen if prosecutors wondered aloud why the defense didn't call a certain witness)

Stephen Fastenau
@StephenFastenau
·
1m
Rowland’s attorney, Tracy Pinnock, says unidentified men whose DNA was found on various items cast doubt on state’s case. She tried to poke holes in testimony of state’s star witness, Maria Howard, and that Rowland driving a car with Josephson’s blood isn’t proof he killed her.

Still doesn’t exonerate NR. NR had her DNA under his fingernails and her blood on his clothes.

Stephen Fastenau
@StephenFastenau
·
28m
Closing arguments are done and Judge Clifton Newman is issuing jury instructions.

Prosecutors, defense make final case to jury in Nathaniel Rowland mistaken Uber trial | Columbia News | postandcourier.com | Post and Courier | Charleston, SC. Local News, Sports and Weather

Tracy.jpg

2m
Jury has begun deliberating whether Nathaniel Rowland is guilty of kidnapping and murdering Samantha Josephson. Court is in recess for an hour.

Thanks for the time! :)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member