SC - Walter Scott, 50, fatally shot by North Charleston PD officer, 4 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on one of the shows how he walked over to get the Tazer. No, he didnt walk over to get the Tazer, he RAN to go get it. He was in a huge hurry to get that tazer and come back and drop it near the body.

I think he was hoping he could beat his partner back to the body but when he noticed his partner already coming there he casually walks back and drops it down near the body.

I hate to think this too, but I am afraid that him and his partner knew the "routine" with this shooting. It was almost like they had been through this type of thing before. It all seemed way too routine. Hardly any words spoken between the 2 and the partner didnt seem to want to ask him many questions.

The whole thing makes me wonder if this whole department has a lackadasial attitude to shooting criminals. The way the press conference went down and the questions about CPR just made me think the guy at the podium was also trying to cover up somewhat.

I have no doubt that this department would have never investigated this shooting if that video had never came out. Id be curious if this department had more police on criminal shootings than surrounding departments of the same type of population.

I heard on one of the shows how he walked over to get the Tazer. No, he didnt walk over to get the Tazer, he RAN to go get it. He was in a huge hurry to get that tazer and come back and drop it near the body.

I think he was hoping he could beat his partner back to the body but when he noticed his partner already coming there he casually walks back and drops it down near the body.

I hate to think this too, but I am afraid that him and his partner knew the "routine" with this shooting. It was almost like they had been through this type of thing before. It all seemed way too routine. Hardly any words spoken between the 2 and the partner didnt seem to want to ask him many questions.

The whole thing makes me wonder if this whole department has a lackadasial attitude to shooting criminals. The way the press conference went down and the questions about CPR just made me think the guy at the podium was also trying to cover up somewhat.

I have no doubt that this department would have never investigated this shooting if that video had never came out. Id be curious if this department had more police on criminal shootings than surrounding departments of the same type of population.

His partner - officer Haberdasham - was right beside Scott when it appears that Officer Slager dropped a taser beside the body. Haberdasham had to have seen this and I suspect he told Officer Slager that he was not going to take part in any planting of evidence so Slager picked up the taser and put it in its holster. I wonder if Haberdasham revealed to investigators what had happened or if he kept it hushed up? His incident report makes no mention of the taser. If he kept quiet about the evidence tampering it seems to me that his career could be in jeopardy also.

I haven't seen anything that indicates the NCPD has a significant number of shootings by police officers. It's unfair to say the entire police department has a "lackadaisical" attitude toward shootings. I would imagine that statement would be untrue for most police officers. JMO

I haven't seen anything that indicates the NCPD has a significant number of shootings by police officers. It's unfair to say the entire police department has a "lackadaisical" attitude toward shootings. I would imagine that statement would be untrue for most police officers. JMO

Did you not read what I wrote?

I said...."The whole thing makes me wonder if this whole department has a lackadasial attitude to shooting criminals. The way the press conference went down...."

Making me wonder is me wondering about it. Which is obviously my opinion only based on the Press conference and based on all the written police reports that came out BEFORE the video surfaced.

If you havent seen the press conference I am referring to, then you should watch it about the CPR statements. Sure looked like covering up type comments to me. They finally just walked out.

Usually I will give LE the benefit of doubt if possible. But in this case I don't see any room for doubt that the shooting is
bad. And I question the follow up reports. I am not seeing any signs of a scuffle, no signs of
the tazer being taken, and no signs of any attemt to resusitate. So I am very concerned about how much cover up was happening and how high up it goes. s

In retrospect it could be that he ran because of the outstanding warrant but at the moment that he ran from the car the officer would have no way of knowing what he was dealing with. Did Scott steal the car? Did he just commit an armed robbery or worse? The officer did what every officer would do in such a situation and he chased after Scott.

excellent point. if someone runs (on foot) from a routine traffic stop (tail light & no insurance) you reason some more serious criminal activity was involved (more than warrant even).
& also what if scott had jumped the fence & carjacked someone or taken the video guy hostage. then someone else might be dead & it'd just be a local story

Usually I will give LE the benefit of doubt if possible. But in this case I don't see any room for doubt that the shooting is
bad. And I question the follow up reports. I am not seeing any signs of a scuffle, no signs of
the tazer being taken, and no signs of any attemt to resusitate. So I am very concerned about how much cover up was happening and how high up it goes. s

not too high he's in jail charged w murder

Did you not read what I wrote?

I said...."The whole thing makes me wonder if this whole department has a lackadasial attitude to shooting criminals. The way the press conference went down...."

Making me wonder is me wondering about it. Which is obviously my opinion only based on the Press conference and based on all the written police reports that came out BEFORE the video surfaced.

If you havent seen the press conference I am referring to, then you should watch it about the CPR statements. Sure looked like covering up type comments to me. They finally just walked out.

I did see the press conference. The reason they walked out was because the crowd was unruly.

Mark Geragos (youtube video, quoted below):

“It’s going to be the usual script that they read from. The fact remains that he was pulled over for a broken tail light.”

“You know, my father was a prosecutor for many years [and] used to say, there’s more guys in state prison for broken tail lights than any other offense. Broken tail light means go hassle somebody of color. That’s what it’s code for go pull over — some B.S. justification.”

Brother points out the tail light wasn't broken. link

3202d77f.gif

Family of Walter Scott tells Rev. Al Sharpton to keep away

Stay away, Rev. Al.

That was the message from the family of South Carolina police shooting victim Walter Scott to the civil rights activist Thursday two days before the funeral for the slain father of four.

“We don’t want another Ferguson type of circus here,” a source close to the Scott family told The Daily News.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

From watching the video interview of the young man who took the video, it sounds like the victim, Mr. Scott, ran from the police officer TWICE. The young man describes that when he came onto the scene Mr. Scott was "down on the ground" and the officer was "over him". He did not see whether Mr. Scott had fallen or whether the officer had tackled him.

He said it looked to him like the officer "had control" of the situation. That he did not see a struggle for the taser and that he did not see the taser in Mr. Scott's hand/s.

BUT Mr. Scott had to have gotten back up to be filmed running away from the officer. So that was the SECOND time he ran away. And that's probably what got him shot. Not that the police officer did the right thing. He didn't.

But who runs away from a police officer after they have already been tasered?

not too high he's in jail charged w murder

High enough that they accepted the statements that they did CPR. And there has been no discussion at this
point of any investigation of them. As far as the cop being charged with murder, did he get arrested before
or after the video hit the news?

From watching the video interview of the young man who took the video, it sounds like the victim, Mr. Scott, ran from the police officer TWICE. The young man describes that when he came onto the scene Mr. Scott was "down on the ground" and the officer was "over him". He did not see whether Mr. Scott had fallen or whether the officer had tackled him.

He said it looked to him like the officer "had control" of the situation. That he did not see a struggle for the taser and that he did not see the taser in Mr. Scott's hand/s.

BUT Mr. Scott had to have gotten back up to be filmed running away from the officer. So that was the SECOND time he ran away. And that's probably what got him shot. Not that the police officer did the right thing. He didn't.

But who runs away from a police officer after they have already been tasered?

A person who doesn't like or is afraid of cops.
Someone with a warrant against them. Allegedly there was a warrant due to nonpayment of child support.

I had the same feeling, that tampering with the evidence was "routine" and the shooter didn't think twice about doing it right in front of his partner. Not likely that they shot people before and covered it up, but tampering with evidence at crime scenes could be very common place if it suited their agenda.

I wonder if that will come back to haunt the city? A while back (can't recall the names) a couple of cops plead guilty to evidence tampering and every case they ever worked on had to be scrutinized, many cases were retried and many dropped as a result. It was a huge problem for the city and the district attorneys office.

Mark Geragos (youtube video, quoted below):

“It’s going to be the usual script that they read from. The fact remains that he was pulled over for a broken tail light.”

“You know, my father was a prosecutor for many years [and] used to say, there’s more guys in state prison for broken tail lights than any other offense. Broken tail light means go hassle somebody of color. That’s what it’s code for go pull over — some B.S. justification.”

Brother points out the tail light wasn't broken. link

That broken tail light story is typical attorney tale-telling, IMO. Geragos has recently started suing LE for excessive use of force.

Everybody should check their confirmation bias when they find themselves agreeing with a narrative put out by people with a financial interest in a POV.

JMO

High enough that they accepted the statements that they did CPR. And there has been no discussion at this
point of any investigation of them. As far as the cop being charged with murder, did he get arrested before

Before, IIRC.

I don't have any real sympathy for Scott, he never should have scuffled with the police or tried to run. What bothers me is that the LEO KNEW he was breaking the law and he didn't care, he may have tried to plant evidence and he definitely didn't think twice about lying.

The whole thing about not shooting a fleeing criminal in the back started in the late 70's, before that police could often use deadly force to apprehend fleeing unarmed felons. If that were still the case I would not have a problem with this shooting.

I've seen a photo of them doing CPR--did someone say they didn't do CPR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801