Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the girlfriend of MR on the DP show the mail lady? I just deleted the DP show from my DVR so can't go back to check.

No, they are not the same person although they look very much alike.

I believe the mail lady does live in Vallecito. And she was in Vallecito the day DR went missing. Both documented, if I am not mistaken. Sorry I can't provide a link. I am not a computer "geek" (that's my husband's job!). If anyone else is, perhaps they can supply the link for me? I think I saw it in a news report, but can't be certain, as I have read so much on DR's disappearance.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191821"]Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The media thread is very resourceful. The Dr. Phil shows are there also.

The mail lady and the ex-girlfriend are NOT the same person; even though they look like they could be sisters.

:seeya:

I liken the search warrant's " Bender said there is nothing specific that led authorities to search the house again." to the search's "Bender said the search was not based on any recent tips or new information." Yet, lo and behold, there Dylan was.

It just tells me LE has a lot of information they are working through and piecing things together.

I liken the search warrant's " Bender said there is nothing specific that led authorities to search the house again." to the search's "Bender said the search was not based on any recent tips or new information." Yet, lo and behold, there Dylan was.

It just tells me LE has a lot of information they are working through and piecing things together.

I agree

'nothing specific' would not enable LE to get another search warrant to search a property that they had already had a search warrant for and had searched earlier in the investigation.

Although finding out that furniture had been moved around would mean LE should take another look IMO

Wasn't the girlfriend of MR on the DP show the mail lady? I just deleted the DP show from my DVR so can't go back to check.

No, His ex g/f that was on the DP show was NOT the mail lady.

I agree

'nothing specific' would not enable LE to get another search warrant to search a property that they had already had a search warrant for and had searched earlier in the investigation.

Although finding out that furniture had been moved around would mean LE should take another look IMO

I'm sorry, I think I'm missing something. What is inherently suspicious about moving furniture? You mean you think he put it over bloodstains or something?

I'm sorry, I think I'm missing something. What is inherently suspicious about moving furniture? You mean you think he put it over bloodstains or something?
I can't speak for aust amateur slueth, but for myself, if the furniture had been moved after Dylan was missing, but before the first search warrant was issued, I would think someone was trying to cover something up or put something out of view.

But I am suspicious by nature. It would also depend on the person. I have a friend who moves the furniture every week. Makes me nuts that every time I go over, I have to look around to see where the chairs went, as I don't like sofas, in general.

In the case of this search warrant, though, I would think that between Mark appearing to not want to search Middle Mountain with Brandon (transcript over in transcript thread), being conveniently out of town during the the search where Dylan was found, yet saying he had been up to Middle Mountain to search on his own several times (links are over in the Media and Transcripts threads), and Dylan being found there, items they found on Middle Mountain would be cause for them to issue a new warrant, either to rule things out, or rule things in.

I can't speak for aust amateur slueth, but for myself, if the furniture had been moved after Dylan was missing, but before the first search warrant was issued, I would think someone was trying to cover something up or put something out of view.

But I am suspicious by nature. It would also depend on the person. I have a friend who moves the furniture every week. Makes me nuts that every time I go over, I have to look around to see where the chairs went, as I don't like sofas, in general.

In the case of this search warrant, though, I would think that between Mark appearing to not want to search Middle Mountain with Brandon (transcript over in transcript thread), being conveniently out of town during the the search where Dylan was found, yet saying he had been up to Middle Mountain to search on his own several times (links are over in the Media and Transcripts threads), and Dylan being found there, items they found on Middle Mountain would be cause for them to issue a new warrant, either to rule things out, or rule things in.

Okay, I thought it meant furniture moved between the first search and this recent one. Which didn't seem like enough to even engender suspicion, let alone base a search warrant on.

I think it has to be something related to Dylan's remains, or else a tipster. Nothing else is new that we know of.

Another thing I find potentially suspicious about moving the furniture is this:

I've noticed in some other cases, that when a child goes missing, the parent keeps everything the same as it was last left (particularly the child's bedroom) in hopes of his or her safe return-- an optimistic type of action, so to speak, as well as a sort of "mental and physical preservation" for the parent...I would also think a parent might be hesitant to move things around in case it could be significant to the crime scene or investigation. (At the same time, one could argue that MR was going crazy in the house waiting for Dylan, and moving the therapy was a way to avoid losing his mind).

While the living room is not Dylan's bedroom, it was still where he was sleeping, right?

I'm not saying that this point has any significance at all to this situation, but just thought I'd mention it since it came to mind during this discussion.

At the end of the day I still hold my initial thought of MR and what happened from Day 1 until today. He has proven what a vile vile mean man he is and what I thought from the beginning. Poor Dylan. May justice be served :stormingmad::please:

can someone please elaborate about what happened??..

Has anyone heard anything on how Elaine and Cory are holding up? I hope they're doing ok. Same with Denise.

Okay, I thought it meant furniture moved between the first search and this recent one. Which didn't seem like enough to even engender suspicion, let alone base a search warrant on.

I think it has to be something related to Dylan's remains, or else a tipster. Nothing else is new that we know of.
I agree this most likely has something to do with the remains found. MOO, but it is also possible that IF the furniture had been moved after Dylan disappeared and before the first search warrant, LE might not have known the furniture had been moved until AFTER they searched. Furniture is a funny thing, people sometimes forget that it is movable, and forget to look underneath (if it is low to the ground) or behind it. IF the furniture had been moved before the search, the swabs taken from "in front of the loveseat" would be from a different place than the "in front of the loveseat" when Dylan was actually there. Same with anything checked on the floor or walls or leaning against the walls or attached to the walls, etc. (If you see what I mean).

As an example, if, say, a cell phone that had been confiscated had a picture on it showing a fireplace poker leaning in a certain location, and the searchers remember that there was a chair in that location when they searched and that they had not seen the poker, that might be cause to go search again. The fact that an item that should be in the house and wasn't found might indicate that item was used in the commission of a crime, or was used as a defense weapon, or something else. And it could have taken this long to actually put those pieces together. (It's not like this case is the only thing LE has to do around there, right?)

JMO.

can someone please elaborate about what happened??..
I'm not Bravo, but I read this as Bravo STILL believes this. In other words, from day one until now("today", as it were), Bravo still thinks the same thing. Some people would just have said "From day 1" and left it there, but Bravo added the "until today" meaning that "even now, today", that belief is in place and has been all that time, without wavering or changing. That's what I read, anyway.

I'm surprised anyone would think that professional investigators and technicians from both the CBI and FBI would be so easily duped by any furniture having been moved in such a tiny room (if it even had been moved at the time of the initial search warrant - the fact that some furniture was in a slightly different position was only revealed by MR during the MB interview somewhat later).

From The Durango Herald, November 29 2012

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI had tents and a trailer set up outside the house Thursday morning. Investigators wearing white scrub-like uniforms made trips in and out of the house and a travel trailer parked nearby. Investigators also towed Mark Redwine’s two pickups from his property to an undisclosed location for further searching.

About 15 investigators and analysts were involved in combing the premises, Bender said.

This is what these people do for a living - comb for trace evidence. It's hard to believe that they wouldn't have moved any and all furniture while doing that.

:moo

I don't think anyone here believes LE was duped by the furniture being rearranged. JMO I think it was more of a question as to why he moved it around since that area was 'sensitive' because it was the very last place he reportedly saw his son.

I don't think anyone here believes LE was duped by the furniture being rearranged. JMO I think it was more of a question as to why he moved it around since that area was 'sensitive' because it was the very last place he reportedly saw his son.

I have read many posts - some not too far back if you have a scroll up, where people are speculating that the furniture was moved to cover up stains or hide evidence. My point was that no matter where the furniture was at the time of the search warrant being executed, I do believe that professional analysts from the CBI and FBI would have searched every square inch of that room for evidence of a crime or at least Dylan's presence. The moving of furniture could well be a seasonal thing - arranging the room for comfort during winter when the wood fire is being used (also accounting for all that suspicious firewood stacked on the porch...)

I have read many posts - some not too far back if you have a scroll up, where people are speculating that the furniture was moved to cover up stains or hide evidence. My point was that no matter where the furniture was at the time of the search warrant being executed, I do believe that professional analysts from the CBI and FBI would have searched every square inch of that room for evidence of a crime or at least Dylan's presence. The moving of furniture could well be a seasonal thing - arranging the room for comfort during winter when the wood fire is being used (also accounting for all that suspicious firewood stacked on the porch...)

IMO the important fact here is that this LE, including multiple agencies, had the probable cause necessary to execute that very detailed search last week.. People's opinions on what they may find to be suspicious is just that, people's opinions.. The facts are indisputable, tho.

IMO the important fact here is that this LE, including multiple agencies, had the probable cause necessary to execute that very detailed search last week.. People's opinions on what they may find to be suspicious is just that, people's opinions.. The facts are indisputable, tho.

Question, re: the probable cause...I wonder if they really do have any new evidence...could they have been executing the warrant just to go back and see if there's anything they might have missed in case he is guilty? Also, they are under an enormous amount of pressure to thoroughly investigate MR, so could it be that they are trying to rule him out? Just thinking out loud. I guess what I'm asking is, did the warrant beforehand include the specific items they confiscated, or were they collected impromptu once upon the site? Sorry if I've missed this information if it was explained earlier. TIA.

SBM

thank you for explaining so clearly exactly what I meant.

LE did a quick search when Dylan first went missing, then there was the 1st search warrant search (10 days later IIRC), then this 2nd search warrant search.

I wouldn't assume that they thought furniture may have been moved at all during that first two searches, after all here's a man whose son is missing, furniture rearranging wouldn't be on most peoples agenda at such a time. They would generally be busy with worrying, trying to find their child, getting flyers out, getting media attention for their child etc IMO.

Even a very detailed search isn't going to cover every square inch of every surface, that would require a lot longer than hours, it would take days to complete.

Question, re: the probable cause...I wonder if they really do have any new evidence...could they have been executing the warrant just to go back and see if there's anything they might have missed in case he is guilty? Also, they are under an enormous amount of pressure to thoroughly investigate MR, so could it be that they are trying to rule him out? Just thinking out loud. I guess what I'm asking is, did the warrant beforehand include the specific items they confiscated, or were they collected impromptu once upon the site? Sorry if I've missed this information if it was explained earlier. TIA.

No judge would grant a second warrant just to go back and see, there has to be valid reason given for the search warrant request.

9 months since Dylan disappeared and they are still looking at MR, taking floorboards etc from his home, it would appear that they know a lot more than we are aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08