Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No judge would grant a second warrant just to go back and see, there has to be valid reason given for the search warrant request.

9 months since Dylan disappeared and they are still looking at MR, taking floorboards etc from his home, it would appear that they know a lot more than we are aware of.

Thank you for your response. :)

I have read many posts - some not too far back if you have a scroll up, where people are speculating that the furniture was moved to cover up stains or hide evidence. My point was that no matter where the furniture was at the time of the search warrant being executed, I do believe that professional analysts from the CBI and FBI would have searched every square inch of that room for evidence of a crime or at least Dylan's presence. The moving of furniture could well be a seasonal thing - arranging the room for comfort during winter when the wood fire is being used (also accounting for all that suspicious firewood stacked on the porch...)
:moo

He had far less firewood than we had, We started in July and chopped wood until both our large sheds were stacked to the ceiling. I see nothing suspicious about the wood at all.

Yes, LE would need a specific reason to get a new warrant, i.e development of evidence, new witness, etc.

They can't just go back in in hope of finding something they overlooked last time.

JMO

Yes, LE would need a specific reason to get a new warrant, i.e development of evidence, new witness, etc.

They can't just go back in in hope of finding something they overlooked last time.

JMO

Thank you for your respnse. Well wow, this is indeed a significant development then!!! Its sinking in...holy cow!

JMO

So, then, would the particular items they confiscated have been specifically listed on the warrant in advance? TIA

*btw, I still see kids that look like Dylan around here and I do a second take to see if its him...

So, they collected a fire poker...(So, I wasn't so crazy after all for suggesting they collect a baseball bat to test for blood evidence...) I'm thinking this sounds like they think this might be the possible weapon / source of blunt force trauma / stab or the like? All speculation here...

Is it possible that the reason they went back for carpet pieces and floor boards is that the swabs from the sofa and in front of it were positive for blood? I might be remembering things wrong, and maybe they didn't take a swab from the floor, but I'm too lazy to go back and look right now.

He had far less firewood than we had, We started in July and chopped wood until both our large sheds were stacked to the ceiling. I see nothing suspicious about the wood at all.

I don't see anything suspicious about it either - again, it was pointed out by another poster.

Its so annoying that we get news and now its so quiet again .

JMO but I believe a lot is going on behind the scene and LE is very focused.

They searched the house before. I wonder if it's more for psychological reasons this time.

I wonder if they may have found more like maybe his skull and the the poker may have caused damage and they what to recheck for blood?? Strange twist suddenly.

If they found skull with a hole in it, then of course they could be looking for murder weapon that would cause such damage. But as far as I know, nothing has been reported about them finding the skull.

JMO

Since they searched last time, they found the bones. During the prior search, they didn't even have evidence that Dylan was actually dead.
Seems like that is a reason enough, no?

Since they searched last time, they found the bones. During the prior search, they didn't even have evidence that Dylan was actually dead.
Seems like that is a reason enough, no?

I guess, but it was two months after he was found when they did this search, so it makes me think something about what they found initiated another warrant.

If searches have continued they may have found more remains and not informed the public. To protect the investigation. JMO

I see nothing suspicious, but I do see why other posters might think so. If you don't use wood to heat your house but have natural gas instead (as anyone living in a city does), if you live in an area where you are not allowed to stack wood in the open or in your front yard, if you live somewhere where it doesn't get that cold for long periods of time...having that much wood on a front porch would be unheard of, and therefore odd. Throw in a crime that LE says has been committed (a homicide-the killing of another human being) and to some people you have suspicious. Thank goodness there are others here who have experience with wood for heat, and can politely explain why having that much wood is not odd at all.

Goes back to one of my favorite lines:
“When you tell somebody somethin’, it depends on what part of the United States you’re standin’ in as to just how dumb you are.”--Burt Reynolds, Smokey and the Bandit

They probably want to know where the crime scene is. I pray Dylan gets justice.

Please, does anyone know where the dad grew up?

I see nothing suspicious, but I do see why other posters might think so. If you don't use wood to heat your house but have natural gas instead (as anyone living in a city does), if you live in an area where you are not allowed to stack wood in the open or in your front yard, if you live somewhere where it doesn't get that cold for long periods of time...having that much wood on a front porch would be unheard of, and therefore odd. Throw in a crime that LE says has been committed (a homicide-the killing of another human being) and to some people you have suspicious. Thank goodness there are others here who have experience with wood for heat, and can politely explain why having that much wood is not odd at all.

Goes back to one of my favorite lines:
“When you tell somebody somethin’, it depends on what part of the United States you’re standin’ in as to just how dumb you are.”--Burt Reynolds, Smokey and the Bandit

not everyone uses natural gas in cities. I have neighbours who use wood heating and my fathers house had wood heating and gas ducted heating.

I wasn't overly suspicious about the wood, but thinking more about it I can see why some would be. where and when the wood was collected and chopped could be relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx