Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait!
If MR had done something to Dylan inside the house with something like a fireplace poker, then I think all of us know from watching lots of ID that there is no way there would not be ample evidence all over that house . LE was inside the house pretty early on. You cannot cause that kind of death without leaving a lot of blood everywhere. I just realized this. So whatever they took the fireplace poker for , I can't imagine it as a murder weapon. My point is MR did not have days and days of time to clean up and even the much more skilled ( fillintheblank) cannot do a crime like that without spatter everywhere.
Thoughts?

Wait!
If MR had done something to Dylan inside the house with something like a fireplace poker, then I think all of us know from watching lots of ID that there is no way there would not be ample evidence all over that house . LE was inside the house pretty early on. You cannot cause that kind of death without leaving a lot of blood everywhere. I just realized this. So whatever they took the fireplace poker for , I can't imagine it as a murder weapon. My point is MR did not have days and days of time to clean up and even the much more skilled ( fillintheblank) cannot do a crime like that without spatter everywhere.
Thoughts?

You are probably right about the blood splatter. Maybe the poker was taken to try and find some trace evidence in terms of something being put in the fireplace to burn evidence. Like maybe the backpack or some clothing?

Actually they only walked through the house pretty much the first time and IIRC it was ten days later they did another search. cleaning up with bleach destroys or appears to destroy a lot of blood evidence, that is if there was a lot of blood. Might not have been much to begin with. JMO

DR could have been killed with a blow to the head and there would not have to have been a lot of blood. People died of closed head injuries all the time. JMO

Wait!
Thoughts?

Agreed about the blood but a scenario that hasn't been touched on: An argument ensues and a fireplace poker is used long length wise - the bar part - pressed against the throat to cause strangulation and it would absolutely leave a mark on the bone. That's pretty far out there as a possibility of course, but just tossing around an idea that wouldn't cause much or any blood.

and it's always possible a person can be chased outside with a weapon and it used that way too.

DR could have been killed with a blow to the head and there would not have to have been a lot of blood. People died of closed head injuries all the time. JMO

ITA. But there was no reports of them finding the skull.

Has Dylan's remains been released to family yet?

Wait!
Thoughts?
IMO, there is not ALWAYS ample evidence when someone dies from a blow to the head (which is a possibility if the poker is a suspected weapon) or if they die from a broken neck (which is possible had Dylan been hit with the poker and crashed into something else). Way back when, I posted a document about how people do not always void their bowels and bladder when they die. And if you crack a skull, or even hit someone hard enough to jolt their brain badly (say, with the handle of the poker), but don't break the skin, no spatter. People die from Traumatic Brian Injury without breaking the skin all the time.
http://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/. Also, what Astrokitty said.

Better link about the TBI related deaths:http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6005a1.htm?s_cid=ss6005a1_w

It is also possible they suspect the poker was used as a defensive weapon by Dylan, that there was evidence of something they found connected with Dylan on the mountain (or elsewhere) being burned, that they think the poker was used to move evidence...there could be several things they think the poker might be connected to, so I agree, it could be something other than as the murder weapon.

Those are my thoughts.

ITA. But there was no reports of them finding the skull.

I wouldn't expect the perp to be told what additional evidence and remains they have found. LE is building their case. And if LE tells the media what they find, then they tell the perp. Thus far, LE has not told us at what remains were found - it was MR who made those statements. :moo:

As far as I know, none of the remains have been released yet. I'm sure the forensic exams are being extremely thorough. (It was something like 5 or 6 months before the remains of the Iowa cousins were released, and iirc, Hailey Dunn's remains that were located in March also have not yet been released.) :moo:

I think they was after something when they searched the house, it was all to specific and random for them not to be looking for something in particular.

With the way MR talks to the press i am sure LE are keeping what they have found close to there chests to protect the case . Also since the search MR has suddenly gone awfully quiet and that speaks volumes IMO .

:cow:

I do think MR must be very nervous after the search. He does NOT know if they have found other remains. I am sure they would keep that quiet..especially if there were indications of head injuries. The LE have not officially released what they found at any time IIRC. He is on their radar for sure and he knows it. Before this search he was cocky and arrogant thinking that he had gotten by with something. JMO. Any honest person knows you can't get by with murder.

I can't help thinking that maybe Dylan's skull was found and had a specific-looking wound and they need to match it up with a weapon, JMO.

I can't help thinking that maybe Dylan's skull was found and had a specific-looking wound and they need to match it up with a weapon, JMO.

Well that certainly would be a "smoking gun" so to speak.

IMO, there is not ALWAYS ample evidence when someone dies from a blow to the head (which is a possibility if the poker is a suspected weapon) or if they die from a broken neck (which is possible had Dylan been hit with the poker and crashed into something else). Way back when, I posted a document about how people do not always void their bowels and bladder when they die. And if you crack a skull, or even hit someone hard enough to jolt their brain badly (say, with the handle of the poker), but don't break the skin, no spatter. People die from Traumatic Brian Injury without breaking the skin all the time.
http://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/. Also, what Astrokitty said.

Better link about the TBI related deaths:http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6005a1.htm?s_cid=ss6005a1_w

It is also possible they suspect the poker was used as a defensive weapon by Dylan, that there was evidence of something they found connected with Dylan on the mountain (or elsewhere) being burned, that they think the poker was used to move evidence...there could be several things they think the poker might be connected to, so I agree, it could be something other than as the murder weapon.

Those are my thoughts.

Thanks GW I was wondering what everyone thinks...I keep thinking of this...as the " poker" blow poke. We have one ( at the moment I am using it as a stake for a plant)but here is a pic I found online of the same one. In either case it is a " pipe" and also has a definite end shape.
http://www.blopoke.com/assets/BloPokesLg.jpg

Just thinking outloud. I know everyone has said we determined the pipe they swabbed was connected to the washing machine but I am not convinced.

I wouldn't expect the perp to be told what additional evidence and remains they have found. LE is building their case. And if LE tells the media what they find, then they tell the perp. Thus far, LE has not told us at what remains were found - it was MR who made those statements. :moo:

As far as I know, none of the remains have been released yet. I'm sure the forensic exams are being extremely thorough. (It was something like 5 or 6 months before the remains of the Iowa cousins were released, and iirc, Hailey Dunn's remains that were locahttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/ffj/floorlaugh.gifted in March also have not yet been released.) :moo:

BBM. Agreed. However, if MR is involved, LE would not need to tell him anything. He would know where evidence linked to the poker was, he would know what else might be found at that spot, he would know why they were digging in his lawn. And I would think, he might be quite worried at this point.

At one point in the videos MR made (I'll find the link if needed) he says (paraphrased) "Almost there now." Then he stops and says, "I'm going to stop here and take in where I am." Makes me wonder if the videos might have been a cover for revisiting a specific site important to the case. And if LE, decided to check that out, found evidence that led to a further search of MR property. And if they confiscated the phone he had used to take the videos to see if anything was on it that would lead them to even more evidence.

Thanks GW I was wondering what everyone thinks...I keep thinking of this...as the " poker" blow poke. We have one ( at the moment I am using it as a stake for a plant)but here is a pic I found online of the same one. In either case it is a " pipe" and also has a definite end shape.

Just thinking outloud. I know everyone has said we determined the pipe they swabbed was connected to the washing machine but I am not convinced.
Assuming the pipe they checked was the washing machine pipe, that didn't preclude the fireplace poker being one of those blow pokes. After all, we are only going by what Mark said, not anything LE released.

Here's the actual search warrant(link below)
The warrant specifically states they swabbed more than one, very specific areas of his flooring.. Interesting to now look at that info in knowing they recently searched the home and actually removed very specific areas of Mark Redwine's flooring.. I'd say there's a good chance that there is evidence found within areas of his home floor(be it DNA or other biological evidence found to be positive from the swabs taken)

Regarding the issue of the pipe and believing that they are NOT AT ALL related to anything to do with the washing machine, but rather possibly something related to a blopoke/fire poker..

The actual search warrant specifically states that they swabbed the pipe next to the washing machine.

Search Warrant:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9497164&postcount=91"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Search Warrants for MR's house and vehicles[/ame]

BBM. Agreed. However, if MR is involved, LE would not need to tell him anything. He would know where evidence linked to the poker was, he would know what else might be found at that spot, he would know why they were digging in his lawn. And I would think, he might be quite worried at this point.

At one point in the videos MR made (I'll find the link if needed) he says (paraphrased) "Almost there now." Then he stops and says, "I'm going to stop here and take in where I am." Makes me wonder if the videos might have been a cover for revisiting a specific site important to the case. And if LE, decided to check that out, found evidence that led to a further search of MR property. And if they confiscated the phone he had used to take the videos to see if anything was on it that would lead them to even more evidence.
\\
1. Yes, I remember that comment in video and it was strange! Knowing the area, I thought "what is he talking about? His house is way down there- over the CLIFFS!"
Have tried to find videos as posted and 'press released' but can't locate @ original location.

2. Cell phone that made the videos = makes perfect sense

3. MR seemed to direct LE to Dylan's bones during True Crime Interview.(see prior, this thread). LE may be hearing MR as if he's cryptically telling the truth.
Then following up the hints.

4. We would have NO CLUE what LE took if IT WASN'T FOR MARK's statements.
Sounds like LE has set NO contact boundaries for case. Boundaries, no control, makes sociopaths crazed.

5. This case is unusual in all of time. No case have ever been tried before trial like this. I hope that makes sense.

\\
1. Yes, I remember that comment in video and it was strange! Knowing the area, I thought "what is he talking about? His house is way down there- over the CLIFFS!"
Have tried to find videos as posted and 'press released' but can't locate @ original location.

2. Cell phone that made the videos = makes perfect sense

3. MR seemed to direct LE to Dylan's bones during True Crime Interview.(see prior, this thread). LE may be hearing MR as if he's cryptically telling the truth.
Then following up the hints.

4. We would have NO CLUE what LE took if IT WASN'T FOR MARK's statements.
Sounds like LE has set NO contact boundaries for case. Boundaries, no control, makes sociopaths crazed.

5. This case is unusual in all of time. No case have ever been tried before trial like this. I hope that makes sense.
MSM link with the videos Mark took is here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9758484&postcount=141"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9758484&postcount=141[/ame]

ETA: I just realized, one of the videos is missing. There are only three posted. Hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx