Search Warrants Unsealed Shacknai Zahau

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After listening to the whole press-conference, I have noticed the following:
On JULY 14 investigators received information from the hospital that Max's condition was worsening. Up until that time the information investigators had is that his condition was stable.
Well, July 14 is a whole day after RN reportedly received the message that Max's condition was worsening. Police sure did put a lot of emphasis on that message during the press-conference. But yet they were not able to extract it from her phone, they received the information about worsening condition a whole day later, and her phone did not register such message as missed. Presumably that message led RN to commit suicide (and it was implied as much during the press-conference). But so far we have not been presented with physical evidence that it actually existed, let alone what was in it.

After listening to the whole press-conference, I have noticed the following:
On JULY 14 investigators received information from the hospital that Max's condition was worsening. Up until that time the information investigators had is that his condition was stable.
Well, July 14 is a whole day after RN reportedly received the message that Max's condition was worsening. Police sure did put a lot of emphasis on that message during the press-conference. But yet they were not able to extract it from her phone, they received the information about worsening condition a whole day later, and her phone did not register such message as missed. Presumably that message led RN to commit suicide (and it was implied as much during the press-conference). But so far we have not been presented with physical evidence that it actually existed, let alone what was in it.

Thank you!!!!! And well Said!!

anyone know anybody who hanged out at ronald mcdonald house for 6 hours ?

I have only read the first page of this thread but have read the search warrants and yes above says it perfectly to me.

I know the phone ping of the text he sent to rebecca can prove the location he was at, but can someone tell me how far the hospital is to the house. I dont know about over there, but here a mobile tower can cover quite a large location. I worked for telstra here and if the locations are close they can be under the same tower on a bill (you call them pings).

Well.. Well.. Well.. I'll be damned I certainly was not aware that Mr. Adam Shacknai was actually a neighbor of mine residing here in Memphis.. Ain't that something?

sorry just read post from jjenny. So they dont have a record of the supposed message that led her to commit suicide????? very very suss

I have only read the first page of this thread but have read the search warrants and yes above says it perfectly to me.

I know the phone ping of the text he sent to rebecca can prove the location he was at, but can someone tell me how far the hospital is to the house. I dont know about over there, but here a mobile tower can cover quite a large location. I worked for telstra here and if the locations are close they can be under the same tower on a bill (you call them pings).

Its a little over 11 miles listed as 24 minute travel time from the hospital to the Shacknai mansion..

My thought exactly, arielilane. The deed was done and 911 had been called.............................:twocents:

oh yes! this is exactly what I have been thinking from the beginning...AS did the 'job" and I agree with what you have put above.....it was a code as well as some form of an alibi ......I think the call/text to Dina was also telling her the job was done as well, as I bet this mob had a little conference and decided to 'get" rebecca for what she did to their Max.

sorry just read post from jjenny. So they dont have a record of the supposed message that led her to commit suicide????? ...

There is no missed message on her cell phone log. Supposedly the message went into her voicemail but they said they couldn't recover it because it's a new phone and software to recover it is not available. But it certainly appears to me they implied during the press-conference that this message led her to commit suicide because it informed her about Max's worsening condition and that he was not going to recover. Since this message is so important to proving the suicide, I don't understand the software business. Is there no phone expert that could recover this message?

IMO

AS texting the news of Rebecca's death to JS is more than a red flag--it's blantantly impersonal.

As someone else posted, there were other ways to get that message to JS...none as cold as the one AS chose.

BBM.

That really bothers me. Here JS is dealing with the grave injuries to his almost deceased son and receives a text (a text for goodness sake) that RZ killed herself?

WHA??? Who does that?

When my mom was ill and dying in the hospital the family would never think about texting one another. We called the nurses desk and they would get the person in the room. Trust me, we didn't wander far either. I don't understand all this "need to sleep" info either. Been there, done that, read the book - even bought a t-shirt. I didn't sleep for a week, and when I did it was in the chair next to my mom. Yes, I did go back to the hotel for a shower, but I certainly couldn't sleep. I couldn't shut my eyes!!

If the doctors told JS that Maxie was going off life support why would he leave the hospital for so many hours? Makes no sense to me. Even if the docs didn't tell him at that point, how could he walk away for such a long time?

I don't know what's going on in this case, but I don't like it - not one bit.

MOO

Mel

so that means all they have is JS's word that he sent said message at 12.50 to tell her Maxs condition. OK...yep...aha wow

It's not that far (20 some odd miles), however you have to cross a large bridge/body of water to get back to Coronado. If JS went home (assuming with his cell phone), he would have to pick up a tower in Coronado and drop one as he left San Diego.

MOO

Mel

This family was convinced that Rebecca was responsible for the child's death. If there was any doubt in their minds it didn't matter. They blamed her and continue to blame her. I suspect they feel perfectly justified because of their loss.
Yes I think this was a revenge killing! I still think there may be more than one involved but I can assure them that this is not going away and I hope to goodness that enough evidence has not been lost or "disappeared" so that nothing can be done.

Only the Lord knows what Rebecca went through that night but I suspect it started after the text requesting a meeting to talk about the childs accident. The checking the messages was part of the plot.

How in the world the LE can say this is suicide is beyond me!

On a more positive note-This is exactly what Websleuths is all about.

There is no missed message on her cell phone log. Supposedly the message went into her voicemail but they said they couldn't recover it because it's a new phone and software to recover it is not available.

But it certainly appears to me they implied during the press-conference that this message led her to commit suicide because it informed her about Max's worsening condition and that he was not going to recover. Since this message is so important to proving the suicide, I don't understand the software business. Is there no phone expert that could recover this message?

..exactly....the all important message.

..this message---that LE says jonah conveyed to rebecca in a voice mail at 12:30 on july 13th----that maxie's condition was "grave and death was imminent".

..at 12:50, rebecca allegedly listens to this tragic message----and decides to kill herself.

..at 1:00 , jonah---sender of the tragic message--leaves the hospital, and the bedside of his son (?!?!) whose "death is imminent"----and goes to the ronald mcdonald house for 6 hours-- until 7 a.m. ...until approximately the time adam TEXTS him with the news that "rebecca has hung herself".

The phone call not being on the records or not showing the correct time, is the only thing that does not bother me about this case. I have AT&T and I have had more than one incident of a text message not reaching me. Or not having a missed call show up on my missed call list. I can see even see the text message on the phone of the person who sent it to me surrounded by the other messages that I did receive and that one message is completely missing from my phone. I've also gotten text messages as my husband was pulling in the driveway, that he sent when he left work. I'm not sure how those would show up on records with the phone company, but certainly technology is not flawless. Do I think the one phone call they are saying was instrumental in the subsequent events being the one that doesn't show up is hinky. Absolutely! But is it possible? I think so.

However, the text from Adam saying Rebecca killed herself, and then the phone call to Dina, not Adam is beyond bizarre. Was he expecting her to kill herself? Did they discuss it at dinner? Otherwise, why not an immediate phone call back asking for details, explanation, etc. And of course I can't believe he didn't run home to be with her, find out what happened. He was able to take time away from Max to go the the RMH and sleep, surely he could find the time to go to his own house and see his fiance who supposedly just killed herself.

"The deed is done" theory of the rapid secession of texts from A to J to D - great thinking, SmoothOperator!

But we might also consider that IF RZ was murdered, say by a professional, it might not be extremely important to notify all the interested parties as soon as possible.

What I think would be a good reason for notifying everyone ASAP - just so that no one needs to fake a feeling of surprise. The way it went down, J hears the news from A, D hears the news from J - no outsiders to say "Hmm... this person didn't seem particularly surprised when I informed him/her." Just in case anyone thought their acting skills might not be up to snuff.

This is just my opinion.

This is a video of the press-conference. I have just listened to the whole thing. I have heard nothing of the sort. In fact it was said because her phone was new and software was not available, they could not extract the message from her voicemail. I have not heard anything about them being able to extract that message from the phone it came from.
http://www.10news.com/video/29065367/index.html

I don't think the PC video contained the Q&A afterwards...at least not the video on the Sheriff's webpage.

There is no missed message on her cell phone log. Supposedly the message went into her voicemail but they said they couldn't recover it because it's a new phone and software to recover it is not available. But it certainly appears to me they implied during the press-conference that this message led her to commit suicide because it informed her about Max's worsening condition and that he was not going to recover. Since this message is so important to proving the suicide, I don't understand the software business. Is there no phone expert that could recover this message?

The search warrant said RZ's cell phone was a Samsung. Sister MZ said the phone was AT&T and a newer-model Windows Phone. There is only one phone that meets those criteria on the AT&T web site: The Samsung Focus.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...TM)+-+Black&q_sku=sku4980540#fbid=sMXpCtJi1xO

At the PC the cops said they could not retrieve RZ's three-page journal from inside the phone because there was no software to do it. That journal resides on the phone itself and is read-able on the phone itself. It apparently was never deleted.

Software had nothing to do with the voicemail audio. It was deleted from the AT&T servers after about 20 minutes by RZ or somebody using her phone, according to LE. The cops have not said whether they even tried to recover that audio from AT&T backup servers.

Also, the cops apparently did not even know about that voicemail message until they served a search warrant for phone records more than a month later, Aug. 24, and discovered the 12:50am call to voicemail on RZ's call log.

I suppose it's possible JS told LE he left a voicemail early on, but that is doubtful because they waited until Aug. 24 to look at the phone records.

The Samsung Focus apparently saves journal entries as office docs, assuming she used Word to write the journal. She also could have used OneNote, but all these formats are common Windows formats. Info from the phone's manual below.

Office
With Office, you can view, edit, and create Excel spreadsheets
and Word documents, view and edit PowerPoint presentations,
create notes, or search for and share document files with others.
To access Office, follow these steps:

From the Home screen, tap ➔ Office .
The following Microsoft Office applications are available:
• OneNote

: capture notes, ideas, pictures, and voice memos on the
go and share notes with others.
• Excel

: view, edit, and create Microsoft Excel spreadsheets on your
phone.
• Word

: view, edit, and create Microsoft Word documents on your
phone.