Searches for Heather

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still keep wondering about that Marathon that SM supposedly ran in. I wonder when he signed up to go? Was it a last minute decision? That is a 26+ mile race and for someone who never practiced for that, it would be a real challenge. I still keep waiting to hear about the body that they found near Deland. Did they ever ID that.

Earlier today I too was wondering about the Deland remains. It has been months... Wish Volusia county would release some information. They have to know something already - even whether its male or female.

I still keep wondering about that Marathon that SM supposedly ran in. I wonder when he signed up to go? Was it a last minute decision? That is a 26+ mile race and for someone who never practiced for that, it would be a real challenge. I still keep waiting to hear about the body that they found near Deland. Did they ever ID that.
I remember it being a half-marathon, not that a half is a walk in the park (pun intended, because I also remember reading that he walked most of it). I'm not sure when he signed up, but I do remember it being printed that prior to Heather's disappearance, he was fundraising for his team, "Give the Kids the World." I'll try to find a supporting link.

Here are his race results: http://trackshack.com/disneysports/results/wdw/wdw14/hm_results.php?Link=12&Type=3&LName=moorer&FName=sidney&City=&State=&Country=

Earlier today I too was wondering about the Deland remains. It has been months... Wish Volusia county would release some information. They have to know something already - even whether its male or female.

I read an article about the remains found in Volusia. The article was really about a body found in Clermont County. What struck me though was the headline which reads ” Second Woman's Body Found Not Likely Heather Elvis”. This seems to be implying that the first body which was found in Deland has been identified as a woman. There is nothing else in the article article that gives any type of identifying information on those remains. I usually just skim a headline and that's what I did when I originally read the article a few weeks ago. But something kept nagging at me every time I would read something about the remains found and still not being identified. After rereading this thread today and coming across your post I just had to go look for the article.

Here's the article link:

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_77f2b6d6-bc2f-11e3-87d1-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

I read an article about the remains found in Volusia. The article was really about a body found in Clermont County. What struck me though was the headline which reads ” Second Woman's Body Found Not Likely Heather Elvis”. This seems to be implying that the first body which was found in Deland has been identified as a woman. There is nothing else in the article article that gives any type of identifying information on those remains. I usually just skim a headline and that's what I did when I originally read the article a few weeks ago. But something kept nagging at me every time I would read something about the remains found and still not being identified. After rereading this thread today and coming across your post I just had to go look for the article.

Here's the article link:

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_77f2b6d6-bc2f-11e3-87d1-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm
Gn

Melody, thank you for posting this. I had never seen this particular article. It is an interesting headline, the "second woman" as you noted. Good catch, and food for thought because in the beginning, speculation was this body could have been a child missing in that vicinity. All I heard was that further testing needed to be done and then I didn't hear anymore. What a sad commentary that so many bodies are being found. And the haunting question still remains: could this be Heather?

I find myself asking the question, given what we know, what are possibilities of where Heather could have been placed. It just crossed my mind that a piece of property in Florida was researched by the Moorers for possible purchase. I wonder if anyone would have walked that property to see if the land had been disturbed in any way. It's a longshot, I know, but had to get it out of my system and post it anyway!

http://www.thestate.com/2014/07/01/3541268/human-remains-found-during-heather.html?sp=/99/132/

Wasn't sure where else to put this.

"Human remains found in December during a search for clues about a missing Myrtle Beach area woman have been identified as those of a 47-year-old man who had been missing since July 4, 2011, according to authorities.

Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said Tuesday that the remains discovered Dec. 28 along Tidewater Drive in the Myrtle Beach area have been identified as David Matthew Mino."

Note how long it took for the M.E. to identify those remains: 6 months!

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26001024/organizers-print-new-fliers-hope

More than 1,000 new fliers have been printed to encourage forthcoming information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis.

Plans to distribute the fliers and banners are July 12-13, according to a post on the Findheatherelvis Facebook page. Heather's parents say they plan to put all the fliers into every store window in the area.

357b41c9-b8cf-4c36-8a42-01443972eba2_zpsb64e3d07.jpg

It makes me sad that Heather's forum looks like a ghost town :(

Thanks for posting OkieGranny

Note how long it took for the M.E. to identify those remains: 6 months!

Madeleine74, I think that it is very rare for a FL Judge to issue a gag order on lab results of unidentified remains. Florida; the sunshine state's lack of transparency, definitely raises a red flag or two concerning the identity of the remains located in March 2014, imo...

Interesting; 'It's a small, small world'...

Theme park employees caught in sex stings, child *advertiser censored* arrests
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/14/us/theme-park-employees-child-sex-stings/

<sniped - read more>

Clermont, Florida (CNN) -- Just days after getting arrested in a child sex sting, Robert Kingsolver is a long way from his beloved job at Walt Disney World.
Inside his rented house in a suburban Orlando neighborhood filled with children, he sits in a folding chair in a nearly empty room, wires dangling in the corner where his computer used to be connected.
Now, he can't be online or near children.

Kingsolver, 49, is one of at least 35 Disney employees arrested since 2006 and accused of sex crimes involving children, trying to meet a minor for sex, or for possession of child *advertiser censored*, according to a six-month CNN investigation that examined police and court records, and interviewed law enforcement officials and some of the men who have been arrested.
Five Universal Studios employees and two employees from SeaWorld have also been arrested.

Was hoping the Supermoon would light the way to Heather.

Was there a gag order on the deland remains?

JMO, Makaroni, I think the FL authorities may be honoring the Horry County Judges gag order.. No there is no gag order in FL..

Florida remains Horry County police asked about undergo more testing
http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_6002d384-c4d2-11e3-887b-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm
Mar 21, 2014 - 25 posts - &#8206;18 authors
BREAKING: Judge issues gag order in Heather Elvis case. ... Cops: Human remains found in DeLand ..... I am not ruling anything out until we get more info on this UID....ie, autopsy & DNA results. .

It makes me sad that Heather's forum looks like a ghost town :(

Heather isn't forgotten. We're just waiting. For something to happen, for another hearing, for more info to shake loose, for Heather to be found. Just... anything.

:candle:

The gag order doesn't give us much to discuss. Every topic has been beaten to death.

Justice for Heather :candle:

http://www.thestate.com/2014/07/18/3570657/prayer-vigil-to-be-held-tonight.html

Family and friends will gather from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday for a prayer vigil for Heather Elvis, according to a posting on Facebook.

Area residents are invited to Peachtree Landing in Socastee for the &#8220;gathering of those who still support the efforts to find Heather Elvis and a renewal of spirit and hope for those who need or want to center their efforts once again,&#8221; according to the posting by Terry Elvis, her father.

Heather isn't forgotten. We're just waiting. For something to happen, for another hearing, for more info to shake loose, for Heather to be found. Just... anything.

:candle:

I know okiegranny :blowkiss: It just makes me sad to not see any new information. I hate gag orders, I understand the necessity of them, but I still don't like them.

Thank you for finding and posting the updates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back