Searches for Lisa

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If this dog is where they have been searching for it today, traffic is a very big concern for me.

No sound dog should run up and bite someone unprovoked, but the fact this dog bolted is making me nervous as to the quality of his training.

We had a situation recently where a local canine officer was bringing his dog back to the station after a training session, walking it into the building. As they went around a bend in the sidewalk, they encountered a woman who'd been there for an interview of some sort in a drug case. She made some type of odd hand movement as the dog passed, and he put a bite hold on her. Didn't hurt her too badly, but did break the skin.

This was a seasoned LE dog and handler. They said that was the only incident they'd ever had with one of their dogs inappropriately putting the bite on anyone. Someone told me the dog had just come off drug training and might've been hyper alert to the scent as she passed. The officer was quoted as saying he didn't have time to give any commands before the dog acted, but the dog did let go as soon as the officer told him to.

Sometimes these things happen. Fortunately, it seems to be rare. So glad we have you and Oriah here to help us navigate all the dog issues! :hug:

I hope they find him soon it has been awhile and I worry about him finding food. Even a sweet dog will get mean if he is hungry and this dog may not have access to any food. They already warned the public not to touch him so it could become a bad situation.

I hate to ask this question, but what will happen to the dog when/if it is found?? :(

CONFIRMATION

Today's activity was for the search for the missing K-9.

Transcript of police scanner dispatch call at 1:14pm today:

Dispatch:
There's a dog matching the description... Actually, in the area of Brighton and 210... German Shepherd with a black collar... is actually down there just jumping on vehicles that are stopping... if you can swing out and check...

First unit:
En-route

Second unit:
14 I'll head that way too, I'm at 45th & Fuller...

CONFIRMATION

Dispatch:
There's a dog matching the description... Actually, in the area of Brighton and 210... German Shepherd with a black collar... is actually down there just jumping on vehicles that are stopping... if you can swing out and check...

First unit:
En-route

Second unit:
So that really could be what my dogs were going off on in the wee dark hours this morning! It was definitely something out of the "norm" in their barking.

So that really could be what my dogs were going off on in the wee dark hours this morning! It was definitely something out of the "norm" in their barking.

Are your dogs in kennels or were these inside pets?

Very concerning for the dog to be jumping on vehicles, and the cold weather.

It is currently 32 degrees with an overnight low of 22-24 degrees expected.

Are your dogs in kennels or were these inside pets?
They pretty much are outside most of the time in a big back yard with the hardy coats to prove it and seem to think that they need to defend "their" other back yard of the woods. Ask the searchers that were back there looking when the Lisa searching was going on!:blushing:

I am afraid this dog doesn't know how to keep warm outside at night. It's already cold for an indoor dog.

ETA my dogs are of northern mountainous breed. They absolutely love the cold. They really only like to come in when it's hot outside. They get too hot inside right now and want out shortly after coming in.

With the dog jumping on vehicles I wonder if it thinks it is working?? Sounds like the dog maybe had a nervous breakdown or some kind of major something going on. I pray they get it back and it's gets a good break or whatever the do. I hope they won't kill it and give it a chance.

LOL, jumping on vehicles like at the window trying to say "hi" or jumping on to their hoods like king of the mountain? Wow, gotta say this is a new one for me. It really should be as easy as find location of dog, recall dog, done.

And IMO, the Chief was simply saying these things to make the point across that the dog should not be approached. I've never met a handler who didn't love their dog and show him affection. When I was training police K9 (which is where I actually started before moving over to SAR) were all trained to be social, to be able to go to schools and fairs and to be pet in these situations. They are ambassadors for LE and can make a wonderful spokesperson especially to the young, so this was very important, but not all trainers see it this way.

LOL, jumping on vehicles like at the window trying to say "hi" or jumping on to their hoods like king of the mountain? Wow, gotta say this is a new one for me. It really should be as easy as find location of dog, recall dog, done.

And IMO, the Chief was simply saying these things to make the point across that the dog should not be approached. I've never met a handler who didn't love their dog and show him affection. When I was training police K9 (which is where I actually started before moving over to SAR) were all trained to be social, to be able to go to schools and fairs and to be pet in these situations. They are ambassadors for LE and can make a wonderful spokesperson especially to the young, so this was very important, but not all trainers see it this way.
Jumping off of this post a bit and it's kind of related to all of this, but one day I was somewhere and the wife of a K9 handler in Johnson County Kansas was TERRIFIED of her husbands 'partner' and was terrified for her kids with the dog residing at their house! I am sure my jaw dropped to the floor when hearing this as I do know a couple of KCPD K9 officers and they are definitely not afraid of their dogs. Cautious of who they are around as any owner of a dog like that should be, but they were definitely a true part of their family. I have since heard that this very dog has been retired and I wonder about it and where it is residing at now.

Was it determined whether there was a car at the house that night?

If so, do we know if the car and/or Jeremy's truck were searched?

I have not heard whether there was a car at home that night,either! However, I did see Jeremy Irwin's boss <modsnip>, on Lisa Irwin Updates Facebook page & he said that NONE of the trucks were searched by LE.

I have not heard whether there was a car at home that night,either! However, I did see Jeremy Irwin's boss, <modsnip> on Lisa Irwin Updates Facebook page & he said that NONE of the trucks were searched by LE.
The dogs were filmed at least around the cars and work van when the house was a crime scene on at least 2 different occasions. The white car and van were filmed at the top of the drive where they were usually parked and the other vehicles at the bottom of the drive. We have to take facebook comments as rumor also. If the case of the work van not being searched, that would be MR EF himself that would make that call. If it is true that the vehicles were not searched at all, then what does that say of LE's investigation? JI could not deny permission for the work vehicle to be searched as he was not the owner.

CONFIRMATION

Dispatch:

First unit:
En-route

Second unit:

:::UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST:::

One witness stated the dog was with a black smaller breed poodle. After going through two hours of audio, I heard units following tracks of smaller and larger breed dogs to the west.

A woman was also on scene regarding her lost dog.

If I hear anything else on the audio, I will post again.

Also, agencies and resources involved per scanner traffic:

Kansas City MO Units
Kansas City MO Helicopter
Clay County MO Sheriff
North Kansas City MO PD
Randolph MO PD

Sidenote:
It's interesting that this K-9 sighting was in this particular area. We have PD and Helicopters all over the the area again today, and Friday there were units in the same area before this dog went missing. Prior to that, the search just west. This has become a very busy area. I hope Lisa is found, and I hope K-9 "Ty" is found.

Edit:: Final update:

Police K-9 still running free in the Northland
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/04/3301484/police-k-9-still-running-free.html

Jumping off of this post a bit and it's kind of related to all of this, but one day I was somewhere and the wife of a K9 handler in Johnson County Kansas was TERRIFIED of her husbands 'partner' and was terrified for her kids with the dog residing at their house! I am sure my jaw dropped to the floor when hearing this as I do know a couple of KCPD K9 officers and they are definitely not afraid of their dogs. Cautious of who they are around as any owner of a dog like that should be, but they were definitely a true part of their family. I have since heard that this very dog has been retired and I wonder about it and where it is residing at now.

We just had one here that had been returned by his first handler for being "crazy" back to the trainer (nobody I know). The trainer then turned around and sold him to another dept. Dog went to a very experienced handler. Long story short, dog turned on handler completely snapped and mauled the handler. Serious injuries, they had to kill the dog to get him off of him. This is the first time I have ever heard of anything going to this extreme. Very disturbing. All of ours here live at home with their handlers and their families and they all love their full families. I have wonderful pix of children laying on my K9 (certified in narc and bite work). Again, it goes back to where they are coming from and what type of training and evaluations they go through.

The dogs were filmed at least around the cars and work van when the house was a crime scene on at least 2 different occasions. The white car and van were filmed at the top of the drive where they were usually parked and the other vehicles at the bottom of the drive. We have to take facebook comments as rumor also. If the case of the work van not being searched, that would be MR EF himself that would make that call. If it is true that the vehicles were not searched at all, then what does that say of LE's investigation? JI could not deny permission for the work vehicle to be searched as he was not the owner.

Maybe so, but he is listed as the owner of the electric company that JI works for. if that is indeed his real FB profile, why would he lie? He's defending JI, so it seems it would be better for him if he said the vans WERE searched.

Maybe so, but he is listed as the owner of the electric company that JI works for. if that is indeed his real FB profile, why would he lie? He's defending JI, so it seems it would be better for him if he said the vans WERE searched.
I am only saying that if indeed the van was not searched, it had nothing to do with JI giving permission or not. Any permission needed for that work van would be between the owner and LE. If LE did not search it, then they for some reason must have thought they didn't need to. IF this is the case, it makes me wonder why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kate E
Back