Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am blushing here! Can I quote your praises to my wife when she thinks that I am a S.O.B.?

mysteriew said:
PS, Dr.D did you get the rest of the pics sent in to NCMEC?
I checked my files and did not see any pictures that would fit the description of what they were looking for. Annasmom, if you have any additional pictures that you have not forwarded to me, could you scan them (when you have time, of course)?

Dr. Doogie said:
I am blushing here! Can I quote your praises to my wife when she thinks that I am a S.O.B.?
LOL, you can't be that bad at home! You are always a perfect gentleman on here. Of course you spend so much time on this that she may be feeling a little neglected. Set up a "date" night once a week and take her for dinner and a movie or something.

Dr. Doogie said:
I checked my files and did not see any pictures that would fit the description of what they were looking for. Annasmom, if you have any additional pictures that you have not forwarded to me, could you scan them (when you have time, of course)?
Annasmom has sent two additional pictures of Anna from approximately one-to-two years prior to Anna's disappearance that I have forwarded to Jerry Nance at the NCMEC. These pictures do show the ears of Anna, which Mr. Nance indicated were the best means of making a match. I will let you all know when we hear something back.

Here is a seemingly "out-of-the-blue" question, but one that may have implications in our research: Does anyone know what the name "Kay" is short for? Jim is short for James and Don is short for Donald, etc. Would Kay be short for Katherine, Karen, something else?

It may just stand for Kay... I grew up with a girl from a rather strange family... they had for children: Bee, Kay, Dee and Jay... LOL!

Dr. Doogie said:
Here is a seemingly "out-of-the-blue" question, but one that may have implications in our research: Does anyone know what the name "Kay" is short for? Jim is short for James and Don is short for Donald, etc. Would Kay be short for Katherine, Karen, something else?

Dr. Doogie said:
Doogie, I have known Katherines who called themselves Kay.

or katie my sister is kathryn but we call her katie and my brother sometimes calls her kay or it could stand for kayleigh im gona check a baby names website and see if they have any variations for kay or something

Dr. Doogie said:
It could be a variety of names Katherine and Karen & Kate sure.

I think it depends on the era. Of course the newer generation has Kaitlynn, Kaylee, Kayla, Katura, Kaycee, etc...

I posted the following on the "Possible Family Abduction" thread. This is why I was curious about the name "Kay":

I am preparing to approach the San Mateo Sheriff Dept. with the a request to investigate the following:

"Margaret Kukoda (the woman who lived with Brody prior to Brody living with Waters) died in 1967. Brody evidently handled her estate including her personal effects and papers. Margaret's Social Security number is evidently still considered active by the SSA. Evidently, they show the user as a "Kay Kukoda", not Margaret. These factoids lead me to be very suspicious of this SSN.

This may be how GW and GB were able to hide Anna as far as a paper trail - she became "Kay Kukoda", complete with a SSN. What I would like the SMCS to investigate is any activity on Margaret's SSN after 1967 (in particular, after 1973). If there is activity on it, we may have direct proof of what happened, and even better, an actual paper trail of who Anna is today.

I have been investigating (along with some of the researchers here on WS) a relative of Margaret who is the same age as Anna. She has a name that is similar to "Kay Kukoda" (due to both TOS and other concerns, I do not want to post her actual name here now). If we can tie employment (and/or) school records on Margaret's SSN to this relative's known history, then I believe that we will have found Anna.

There is a lot of loose ends with the above scenario that need to wrapped up before it is solid enough to present to LE, but we are making progress at making that happen. If any of you WSers have access to background/employment checks, please PM me and I can provide additional details necessary to do such a investigation. The more that we can do, the more likely that LE will followup on this and finally bring Anna home."

Wow Dr. D, it sounds like you are actually getting close to finding Anna. Oh my, what a reunion that would be. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling. This sounds like such a promising lead.:woohoo:

Two quick updates:

1) Gerald Nance of the NCMEC is continuing to look into the possibility that the girl in the Synanon picture is Anna. He did mention that he now has three cases with possible Synanon connections. One is Anna, one is probably Rose Cole, and one other is unknown.

2) We have gotten one preliminary report that there has been no activity on Margaret Kukoda's SSN since her death in 1967. This was through a third-party information provider and is not definitive, but is somewhat disappointing. We are trying a couple of different approaches to obtain this info and will see where the evidence leads us (hopefully not off the cliff!).

Has anyone looked into contacting the two local journalists that won a pulitzer prize for their converage of synanon? perhaps they could shed some more light on the situation?

January 1980: Synanon filed slander suits against Dave and Cathy Mitchell and Richard Ofshe for their articles on Synanon in the Point Reyes Light newspaper. The Mitchells and Ofshe had worked together to write exposes on Synanon, for which they earned Pulitzer Prizes....

mbroemsen@neo.rr.com said:
Has anyone looked into contacting the two local journalists that won a pulitzer prize for their converage of synanon? perhaps they could shed some more light on the situation?

January 1980: Synanon filed slander suits against Dave and Cathy Mitchell and Richard Ofshe for their articles on Synanon in the Point Reyes Light newspaper. The Mitchells and Ofshe had worked together to write exposes on Synanon, for which they earned Pulitzer Prizes....
I have attempted to contact Dave Mitchell, got his answering machine and left a message. He never returned the call. I have been thinking about trying him again. I spoke with a lady who works at the Point Reyes Light. She is the one who told me of a church who helped people who were leaving Synanon. I think that she was talking about the Underground Railroad. She really did not have alot of information to share. She said that people would show up at the Church in the middle of the night(From Synanon) and be gone the next morning. She said that she had no idea where they were taken.

I heard from the detective in charge of anna's case with the San Mateo Sheriff's Department today. He reviewed the files and says that he can authorize them to be released to Annasmom. I will work with Annasmom to get the paperwork filed so we can access them.

He also stated that the District Attorney's office had files on the case which I was not aware of. Evidently, they looked in Anna as a possible match to Sharon Marshall a couple of years ago! They came to the same conclusion that we did - that Anna was not Sharon. It is nice to see that they took the initative to investigate this! We will also try to get these files.

Lastly, I have requested that the Detective compare the age-progression of Anna to the DMV picture of the relative of Margaret Kukoda to see if enough of a resemblence to warrant further investigation into her as possibly being Anna.

A long journey is done by taking one step at a time...

Lastly, I have requested that the Detective compare the age-progression of Anna to the DMV picture of the relative of Margaret Kukoda to see if enough of a resemblence to warrant further investigation into her as possibly being Anna.
Doogie, does that mean you've seen the DMV picture of Margaret's relative yourself, or just that you want the San Mateo Sheriff to access the DMV picture via his resources?

Shadow205 said:
I have attempted to contact Dave Mitchell, got his answering machine and left a message. He never returned the call. I have been thinking about trying him again. I spoke with a lady who works at the Point Reyes Light. She is the one who told me of a church who helped people who were leaving Synanon. I think that she was talking about the Underground Railroad. She really did not have alot of information to share. She said that people would show up at the Church in the middle of the night(From Synanon) and be gone the next morning. She said that she had no idea where they were taken.
There was an article in yesterday's New York Times to the effect that Dave Mitchell no longer owns the newspaper. Unfortunately, I didn't save the paper and don't know how much the new owner would know.

Dr. Doogie said:
I heard from the detective in charge of anna's case with the San Mateo Sheriff's Department today. He reviewed the files and says that he can authorize them to be released to Annasmom. I will work with Annasmom to get the paperwork filed so we can access them.

He also stated that the District Attorney's office had files on the case which I was not aware of. Evidently, they looked in Anna as a possible match to Sharon Marshall a couple of years ago! They came to the same conclusion that we did - that Anna was not Sharon. It is nice to see that they took the initative to investigate this! We will also try to get these files.

A long journey is done by taking one step at a time...

Well, Dr. Doogie.... I came here tonight seeking some good news and you have provided it with the news about the files. I am overjoyed and eager for you to share the info with us.

You have made my day with this update! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member