Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Salberg7

My dog is thirteen. She got a limp in her front paw also and became lethargic and didn't even have the energy to eat or drink. I felt really mean just trying to take her outside to go to the bathroom. It was all she could do to muster the energy to do that and it was painful to watch. The vet thought it might it might be cancer, which knocked the air out of me, and took xrays. Turns out it was an infection and with antibiotics she was up and running about in her usual fashion within a week. Hopefully your dog just has an infection too.

Thank you for the ray of hope! I sure hope it can be identified and treated easily. This weekend has been the worst for him. It developed so quickly and he's always been healthy. My poor husband is a mess, but trying to hide it. We'll get through it. I hope the vet will read the films and have a diagnosis when we pick him up.
I appreciate everyone's prayers for my Shaney boy. He can't eat anything after 6pm, and he's not going to happy when he can't have his bedtime treats...at least he can drink water.
I will keep everyone posted as soon as I can.

Niner, my heart is with you. If he suffered, he is at peace now. My condolences- May the Angels wrap their wings around you keep you safe on your journey and your family and friends comfort you.

Our justice system could use an overhaul, imo, but in the meantime, we have to accept that it is what it is. Whenever the costs involved scream waste of taxpayer monies I remind myself of what Juan Martinez said when questioned about it: "How can you put a price on justice?"

For now, the cost is what the cost is in states all across America. It may change; it may not. But justice is a necessary commodity in a civilized society and if we want it, we have to pay for it. Is there monetary waste? Sure. But taxpayer dollars are wasted in a whole bunch of other venues as well.

Yes darlin', I agree. At least it's only one state paid appeal and I hope she doesn't get PCR...��
But not to worry, she has a "fund" from her trusted supporters!

Niner, my husband has stage 4 kidney cancer (there is no stage 5), and we talked tonight about me finding him dead one morning. He said, "Be happy." I know that the less agony he goes through, the happier I will be.

Oh that's too bad - but I won't be here for too long - my beautiful husband and soul mate died Friday night from his cancer. So I'll be heading to Latvia! You would have enjoyed the Sierra Nevada foothills!

:wave:

I'm very sorry for your loss Niner. He's at peace now, and I hope you can find some peace too.

Oh that's too bad - but I won't be here for too long - my beautiful husband and soul mate died Friday night from his cancer. So I'll be heading to Latvia! You would have enjoyed the Sierra Nevada foothills!

I am so sorry for your loss, Niner.

The sweetness of your words made me cry, Niner. My condolences.

Niner, my husband has stage 4 kidney cancer (there is no stage 5), and we talked tonight about me finding him dead one morning. He said, "Be happy." I know that the less agony he goes through, the happier I will be.

Franquerolane - deeply moved by your words.

To be honest, I dismissed this possibility as over the top, way back when when lots of folks here and elsewhere first brought it up, and on through JM bringing it up in interviews. He seemed genuinely creeped out by what he saw as exact parallels to her first murder trip preparations.

I noticed this as well. JM does seem creeped out by the similarities!

I've been poring over some of the material H4M posted on the Appeals sticky....

One of the things that I found most striking is that the longer the DT delayed pre trial, the more evidence JM churned up against . It just kept on coming. There were the magazines, he doesn't seem to have interviewed MM until 2011 sometime (MM was at some of the early pretrial hearings, so JM must have got some real dirt on him if he disappeared from JA's side), and JM was given all the time in the world to mull over the details that gave him the gas can clues...

I noticed this as well. JM does seem creeped out by the similarities!

I think JA developed and rehearsed pieces of TA's murder in advance. She had to have practiced with the gun. I'll bet she even practiced destroying evidence, e.g. by burning.

I've been poring over some of the material H4M posted on the Appeals sticky....

One of the things that I found most striking is that the longer the DT delayed pre trial, the more evidence JM churned up against . It just kept on coming. There were the magazines, he doesn't seem to have interviewed MM until 2011 sometime (MM was at some of the early pretrial hearings, so JM must have got some real dirt on him if he disappeared from JA's side), and JM was given all the time in the world to mull over the details that gave him the gas can clues...

The pre-trial timeline makes it more obvious when and why the DT's psych "experts" adjusted their stories. Um. Reports.

What I've found most interesting, though, is what the timeline suggests about the going pro per on August 8, 2011.

I don't think she planned it very much beforehand. Looks like JM intercepting the magazines and telling Nurmi and Washington about them before the pedo letters hearing on Aug 8 may have forced her into a corner.

Being a , looks like she was confident she could lie her way out of it by placing the blame for the magazines on a fellow inmate.

What is also interesting about pre-trial is just how hard and repeatedly the DT went after evidence it seemed so sure was there on TA's hard drive.

I'm thinking they were looking for that *advertiser censored* the told them she was sure was there. Nurmi's relentless pursuit of *advertiser censored* so early on may help explain why he was so positive during PP2 that the State had deleted files from TA's hard drive.

I think JA developed and rehearsed pieces of TA's murder in advance. She had to have practiced with the gun. I'll bet she even practiced destroying evidence, e.g. by burning.

Well, I agree that's likely the case. Did we ever have an inventory on the ammo for that gun? With the stuff stolen from grandma & grandpa's house?

What I can't believe is that she thought she was so smart that she could get away with it! She made myriad mistakes in her "perfect" plan. Then told lie after lie, thinking she could get people to believe her. I am still amazed at her hubris and utter arrogance...

The pre-trial timeline makes it more obvious when and why the DT's psych "experts" adjusted their stories. Um. Reports.

Could you elaborate?

Also, when in the pretrial events did JM have the aha about the gas cans?

The sealed criminal history. It was sealed on Dec 10, 2012, the first day of jury voir dire, jury questionnaires given out to the entire initial jury pool. A list of hundreds of other items were sealed on the same day, most likely juror questionnaires.

I think the criminal history almost certainly is attached to one or more potential jurors.

Well, I agree that's likely the case. Did we ever have an inventory on the ammo for that gun? With the stuff stolen from grandma & grandpa's house?

What I can't believe is that she thought she was so smart that she could get away with it! She made myriad mistakes in her "perfect" plan. Then told lie after lie, thinking she could get people to believe her. I am still amazed at her hubris and utter arrogance...

I agree that Arias was possibly preparing for this, even training. That comment about her running hard every day struck me as fitness preparation. GigiG - you sum up well the hubris and utter arrogance which makes Arias unusually annoying and infinitely lampoon worthy.

Could you elaborate?

Also, when in the pretrial events did JM have the aha about the gas cans?

JM writes in his book that the DT disclosed the forged pedo letters to him in June, 2010 (they were sent to Nurmi in April, 2010). He knew with that disclosure that the would likely be dropping the ninjas and going with self-defense, which she did, 3 weeks later.

JM began going through the pages of DT mitigation witness interviews shortly after the filing, including Darryl Brewer's, which is what led him to the gas can aha. So....
approximately, in July 2010.

Thank you for the ray of hope! I sure hope it can be identified and treated easily. This weekend has been the worst for him. It developed so quickly and he's always been healthy. My poor husband is a mess, but trying to hide it. We'll get through it. I hope the vet will read the films and have a diagnosis when we pick him up.
I appreciate everyone's prayers for my Shaney boy. He can't eat anything after 6pm, and he's not going to happy when he can't have his bedtime treats...at least he can drink water.
I will keep everyone posted as soon as I can.

Hey, how is our pup Shane doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member