Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

Ok, here are the links for the four Jodi pics from Salinas that I took last weekend: (I set the privacy setting on all the pics to public so the links should work)

Pic 1 is of the Walmart that she bought the kero/gas can at:
IMG_3566

Pic 2 is of the blue kero/gas cans. By buying the blue kero 5 gal can, she saved herself an extra $4.44 that the red 5 gal gas can costs. Money she could apply towards a Strawberry Crappaccino that night in Pasadena.
IMG_3582

Pic 3 is Walmart's Customer Service desk that Princess swears gave her cash back for an item purchased on a credit card.
IMG_3568

And finally, Pic 4 is of Costco where she bought a case of water to wash blood off of things. That was good thinking on her part!
IMG_3606

And wait, there's more! Here's a bonus pic of a European Wax Center in Pasadena very close to CVS, Starbucks and ARCO. It's a crying shame she didn't have time to visit there -- her cootcher would've been five hours smoother instead of having a five o'clock shadow. :D
IMG_2993

Anyways, I hope this all works. Here goes... Enjoy!

LOL :)

Thanks so much for sharing the photos. Your time and effort is well worth it for us. It brings back memories of the stories she told and brings them to life so to speak LOL

I even got goose bumps from the gas can photos as you are right those look exactly like the kind she would have bought back then. And you are also right that the whole case of water was most likely for washing blood off her hands unless she drank water like a camel. LOL

And the bonus photo of the Brazilian place was definitely a fun bonus :)

Sincerely appreciate your time and effort with these. Thank you. Have a great weekend all.

ETA
I told myself after the trial that I would change back my Icon from the Justice for Travis blue ribbon back to my original Icon I had before the trial and I cant get myself to do it. This trial has impacted me so much that I want to leave Travis ribbon as my Icon. I dont think I will ever change it. Maybe some day in future but for now it remains.

Last edited:
paid for the gas can with a credit card, correct?

The thing is, I frequently get cash back for my returned purchases, but I generally buy them on a debit card. Debit is "same as cash" I suppose.

If it had been debit it would have shown up in her bank statement, anyway...

And wait, there's more! Here's a bonus pic of a European Wax Center in Pasadena very close to CVS, Starbucks and ARCO. It's a crying shame she didn't have time to visit there -- her cootcher would've been five hours smoother instead of having a five o'clock shadow. :D
IMG_2993

Anyways, I hope this all works. Here goes... Enjoy!

Priceless. And yes, if that's what European Wax Center's look like, that would have totally been 's thing. But maybe that company didn't exist back then. I keep forgetting that it was 10 years ago.

Didn't use an old Walmart that was torn down? Same impression and all, just the old gunky architecture.

And you are also right that the whole case of water was most likely for washing blood off her hands unless she drank water like a camel. LOL

And the bonus photo of the Brazilian place was definitely a fun bonus :)

Sincerely appreciate your time and effort with these. Thank you. Have a great weekend all.

ETA
I told myself after the trial that I would change back my Icon from the Justice for Travis blue ribbon back to my original Icon I had before the trial and I cant get myself to do it. This trial has impacted me so much that I want to leave Travis ribbon as my Icon. I dont think I will ever change it. Maybe some day in future but for now it remains.

BBM. You got me thinking.... I don't actually think she bought the case of water to clean her hands. I think she bought it to a) claim that she was going to the desert and would need to drink a lot (ergo "she never went to Mesa") AND b) she wanted another item on a receipt, 'cos she was trying to prove her receipts were available; she hoped it would be a distraction from the Walmart receipt.

I actually think she washed her hands (and the inside of the car) at Arizona Last Stop (whatever it's called near Hoover Dam). Maybe she wiped down a little, but I'll also bet she got blood traces on that phone.... a good reason to lose it.

Nurmi was on HLN just a bit ago. Talking about Arias a bit and also touched on the Watts case. Will repeat at 7 eastern time.
Jean Casarez is sitting in for Ashley Banfield this evening. I missed most of it but will watch again at 7. He's apparently going to talk more about the Watts case after this commercial.

*giggling* Jenkasaurus - Wild About Trial's love of Nancy Grace's pronunciation of Jean Casarez

paid for the gas can with a credit card, correct?

The thing is, I frequently get cash back for my returned purchases, but I generally buy them on a debit card. Debit is "same as cash" I suppose.

If it had been debit it would have shown up in her bank statement, anyway...
She actually paid for them with cash. Big mistake she made was that she forgot to throw the receipt away. Without it, JM would have had no idea about the third gas can.

She actually paid for them with cash. Big mistake she made was that she forgot to throw the receipt away. Without it, JM would have had no idea about the third gas can.
By golly you're right. She did pay for the kero/gas can with cash. I know there was some back-and-forth squabbling at trial about her returning the item (or not), and I guess it wasn't about getting cash back on a credit card purchase but the fact that a store employee testified that there were no gas cans returned at all that day in their store's computer system (despite her claim to the contrary). Another tidbit that had some people on Facebook crying foul was that, had she returned the gas can, the employee at the return desk would have circled the item on the receipt to indicate that the item had been returned. But her receipt wasn't circled. No circle, no return. Especially when verified by a store employee who checked that day's activities in the computer system.

Priceless. And yes, if that's what European Wax Center's look like, that would have totally been 's thing. But maybe that company didn't exist back then. I keep forgetting that it was 10 years ago.

Didn't use an old Walmart that was torn down? Same impression and all, just the old gunky architecture.
When I googled "Walmart Salinas", I found there are two of them. Not knowing which one she visited, I took pics of both when I was there. Since one of them (store A) is right smack next to Costco, I assumed that was the Walmart she stopped at. If only there was a way to know for sure! Well, when I got home I thought to check her Walmart receipt for an address. All it showed was a phone number, but I matched the phone number to the other Walmart (store B), which is on the other side of the freeway and not next to Costco. I guess "store A" Walmart next to Costco was built after June 2nd, 2008. But why a second Walmart at all? They're only about two miles away from each other, and they're both "Super Centers". Yet another mystery. lol See for yourself:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc.........0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i10.OpRdEhtwfyI

Here's why I'm puzzled. During the trial, didn't the Walmart rep say they never give cash back on a return? Because they do! I remember thinking that at the trial. Or was she saying they do give cash back, but there's also a record of the product being returned into inventory. I'm thinking I have to sign that receipt of cash, too.
I don't think they circle the item being returned on the receipt if there's only one item.

I don't think they circle the item being returned on the receipt if there's only one item.
Princess bought five items at Walmart. I think the kero can would have been circled on the receipt had she returned it. But that's just a guess on my part.

walmart-receipt-clear2.png

Here's why I'm puzzled. During the trial, didn't the Walmart rep say they never give cash back on a return? Because they do! I remember thinking that at the trial. Or was she saying they do give cash back, but there's also a record of the product being returned into inventory. I'm thinking I have to sign that receipt of cash, too.
The Walmart rep testified that there was no record of anyone returning the said gas can and no refund was recorded for any returned gas can that day.

Walmart gives cash back if you originally paid with cash or debit card. They usually circle the item being returned on the receipt but not always. Some clerks forgets to sometimes. (Shhhh... don't tell that to JM). That's been my experience at Walmart or Target (my preferred place to shop).

By golly you're right. She did pay for the kero/gas can with cash. I know there was some back-and-forth squabbling at trial about her returning the item (or not), and I guess it wasn't about getting cash back on a credit card purchase but the fact that a store employee testified that there were no gas cans returned at all that day in their store's computer system (despite her claim to the contrary). Another tidbit that had some people on Facebook crying foul was that, had she returned the gas can, the employee at the return desk would have circled the item on the receipt to indicate that the item had been returned. But her receipt wasn't circled. No circle, no return. Especially when verified by a store employee who checked that day's activities in the computer system.
Yes, exactly.

And then the Princess filled up all three gas cans again in Utah using a credit card.
shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

The Walmart rep testified that there was no record of anyone returning the said gas can and no refund was recorded for any returned gas can that day.

Walmart gives cash back if you originally paid with cash or debit card. They usually circle the item being returned on the receipt but not always. Some clerks forgets to sometimes. (Shhhh... don't tell that to JM). That's been my experience at Walmart or Target (my preferred place to shop).

Thanks for the receipt. I really hadn't registered all that. Ummm...2 tubes of facial cleanser? If she had money to spare, couldn't she have bought just one and then something else? Either she was anticipating a lot of makeup on that trip, or it was for something else. Maybe for privates (it would be just like her to think a facial product would work on tender parts, not knowing she could use something site specific, since she was generally in the dark ages around this stuff. Or something site general but super mild like baby shampoo.
Maybe that stuff was for cleaning evidence? For an emerging canker that she hadn't identified as being a communicable STD, or she had, but being that she was a special snowflake, she could scrub it off so TA wouldn't notice.
And, then, what are the $9.92 objects? That's a lotta money too, given her penury. Were those sun screen?

I just saw this in the news. Very disturbing if those allegations about JM-juror contacts are true, but I guess it's old news here.

Nice to see you again, SS! Thanks for the link, and yeah, we've been aware of the several complaints filed against him (and her lawsuit against Nurmi), she won't stop until she destroys everyone who ever went against her.

she won't stop until she destroys everyone who ever went against her.
Well considering she'll be a caged animal for the rest of her life, she really doesn't have anything else to do (aside from cleaning toilets for 50¢/hour that is), so why not?

I'm sure her funds and resources are limited, but that won't stop her. One day, though... she'll realize that filing ridiculous lawsuits have cost her years of valuable candy bar money. Maybe one day she'll wise-up and look for an attorney who will work on a "Pro-Bone" basis. ;) :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeLeeB
Back