Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for you guys....Did you guys watch most of the re-trial? Any of it? I watched all of the first trial. I have yet to watch any of the re-trial. I'm curious how many posters watched all of the retrial? (I'm trying to figure out if I want to watch it.)

Correction- when I say I watched all of the first trial what I really meant was I watched all of Juan Martinez in action from start to finish. I tried to watch some of the defense but I could not...I would try and then I would get too disgusted.)

I did not watch Trial #2. I couldn't deal with it in any more detail than I got by tweet. It's strange that I actually liked the Trial by Tweet! One important reason for that was we simultaneously got lots of different perspectives. Also, it was like getting sports play-by-play from people who were experts at details of this case. Several could anticipate when the big moments were going down and exactly what to highlight. Even if they goofed here or there or their tweets reflected something biased or highly unlikely, I liked the point by point effect of the coverage. I didn't feel the need to revisit the trial.

It was VERY bad luck. She didn't destroy the camera which took a pic of her standing over Travis bleeding from his neck.
She also cut her finger which left her blood, mixed with his on the wall of the bathroom. She then left the voice message, an email and texts to him.

She would have spent the same amount on gas. Actually she filled up the three cans with expensive CA gas when she could have simply bought cheaper gas in AZ.

Damn right she's disturbed. I listened to DeMarte describe the obsessed sociopathic manipulative stalking killer. She stalked her previous boyfriends just like she stalked Travis.

Her blood being there only serves to prove that there was a scuffle there and that it was not only Travis who bled that night, Jodi bled,too.

And again she was never diagnosed as a psychopath, but she should have undergone a proper evaluation in a dedicated psychiatric facility for she seems disturbed (but being disturbed is no conclusive proof).

Like I said before people do relatively strange things. And most campers I know usually stock-pile at the point of their departure so that they won't run out of gas in the middle of their journey. Please tell me is there anything wrong in not wanting to run out of gas or in having an extra gas can or two?

No offense, but I am sure you are aware that there are other sites that support the killer and would be more receptive to your theory. I believe they are looking for someone that "might" be involved in the Innocence Project. Most of us here, if not all believe in her guilt or else would be on those sites ourselves.
Last I read she was not on the Innocence Projects short list, long list or any list.

Off to bed. Sweet dreams.

I'd wager that they would cobble it up. But one-sided dialog is not my kind of thing.

And honestly, I think that there's a very slim chance of them taking her on. I mean even if she's innocent (and I don't determine who is) there's not much of a chance of getting her out of the hole she dug herself in.

THAT Murderer would never have confessed to anything if there had been someone, hell anyone, else that she could even remotely get away with blaming who WASN'T involved, much less if there was someone else actually involved that she could throw under the bus, PERIOD.

Not to mention she lied, lied and never stopped lying, and it damn sure wasn't because someone else was involved.

Yup! Just because she invented two ninja's doesn't mean anyone else was involved. She was the female ninja. She lies, no reason to believe her that a 2nd person was involved.

And they did this , leaving no trace of themselves, yet managed to leave evidence of her there...sure, that is quite a fantastic mystery there! Is this Edgrrr making an appearance?

And why wasn't the supposed other person in any of Jodi's photographs of the scene??? Were they invisible??

Her blood being there only serves to prove that there was a scuffle there and that it was not only Travis who bled that night, Jodi bled,too.

And again she was never diagnosed as a psychopath, but she should have undergone a proper evaluation in a dedicated psychiatric facility for she seems disturbed (but being disturbed is no conclusive proof).

Like I said before people do relatively strange things. And most campers I know usually stock-pile at the point of their departure so that they won't run out of gas in the middle of their journey. Please tell me is there anything wrong in not wanting to run out of gas or in having an extra gas can or two?

She wasn't going camping. i really hope the Innocence Project doesn't waste resources on a sociopath whose self defense claim was rejected by her jury.

She wasn't going camping. i really hope the Innocence Project doesn't waste resources on a sociopath whose self defense claim was rejected by her jury.

IIRC, the Innocence Project has already said no to the convicted murderer. They are for innocent people, not those who pretend they are innocent. And they are certainly not for predators.

Perhaps you should go back and review all the evidence and testimony. I think a lot of your suppositions and "holes to be poked" have already been addressed. For one, the drywall was removed right after Travis was found dead, not 6 years later.

I think the time devoted to helping innocent people behind bars is admirable. I would not waste your time or energy on CMJA. IMOO
Okay, this is clearly a troll- not you Zuri- the OP. Noone even remotely associated with the Innocence Project would get near this case with a 10-foot pole when her DNA is all over the crime scene and it's NOT a false confession. She confessed and is GUILTY. Doesn't meet their criteria. Trolls are best put on ignore...

FYI, his body was not found until 5 days after she butchered him, the blood would of been dry.

Right, but here's what I think Predator is suggesting happened re: the blood/handprint evidence:

For reasons unknown, one or more people of unknown origin (ninjas, ex-military or...?) brutally slaughtered Travis and Jodi just happened to drop by his house afterwards. THEN... she somehow cut her left wedding ring finger (probably slicing apples in his kitchen as she claimed in her third or fourth story re: her finger) which, when she touched the left wall on her way out of TA's bathroom, then mixed her blood with Travis' blood on the wall in the bath hallway that was still drying 15 hours later.

She's just got the worst luck, I tell ya. Always being grabbed by the wrist and spun around by everyone her entire life, and now accidentally leaving her blood at a crime scene and taking the rap for 1st degree, pre-meditated murder. Poor Jodi. Poor little innocent Jodi Arias.

Right! Ex military ninjas always let witnesses to their stealthy murders go with a warning.
And of course the preferred weapon of military everywhere is the mighty .25 :shame:
And threaten to kill their family, when the only address on the Driver's License is a P.O Box!!!

And why wasn't the supposed other person in any of Jodi's photographs of the scene??? Were they invisible??

How do you know that it was Jodi? Was there her face on them? Of course not. There was no face on them! I am going to repeat: you can't know for sure that it was Jodi on them because there was no face (as far as clothing concerned thousands of similar pants are worn out there).

Plus, there are no shortages of gas stations in Arizona. Noone runs out in the desert there, and it's stupid to carry gas in your car in the heat! The whole reason for the gas cans was not to leave a paper trail at a gas station in Arizona, so that she could claim she was never in the state.
She wasn't even going camping when they arrested her. She was on the road to commit another murder. Noone packs guns and knives for a camping trip, unless you're an animal hunter- which Jodi wasn't.

And threaten to kill their family, when the only address on the Driver's License is a P.O Box!!!

I so wish Juan would have questioned her about that rEdiculous story of hers.

JM: So these two ninjas threatened not only your life, but the lives of your entire family if you mentioned the killing to anyone, RIGHT?! Miss Arias... would you be so kind as to tell the court how these so-called ninjas know exactly where you OR your family live based on a driver's license with a P.O. box number from Big Sur, California?

JA: Well, I guess..

JM: No, no, no... there's no guessing here.

Btw: I was in Carmel last weekend with my much better half and it was beautiful there. Suck on that, Jodi. Glad to know the Hog's Breath Inn is still open. :)

Also we all know that innocent people get convicted.

We will never know for sure, but the few studies that have been done estimate that between 2.3% and 5% of all prisoners in the U.S. are innocent (for context, if just 1% of all prisoners are innocent, that would mean that more than 20,000 innocent people are in prison).

Science cannot always clear innocent suspects, which can result in wrongful convictions.

Are there any stats reflecting how many of those 20,000 innocent people were convicted based on witness testimony only vs direct evidence only?

Wow, and I thought we had a criminal in prison, case closed. My eyes are now wide open!

I guess all that talk during the judge's sentencing was forced too, where she gives details about which point he was still alive when she was using the knife - that's probably all lies too.

Or when she stated that she shot him. Or when she stated it was ninjas. Or when she stated she wasn't even there. Or how about when she implicated Dena. Maybe she tried to call 911 but Oh, that darn cell phone died right before she diverted to Travis' house...

Oh wait, I got it... Maybe it was the fog, that disappeared in April 2015.

Or maybe, it's because she will never tell the truth because it's so horrific, she doesn't want anyone to know exactly what or how she did it, because it's worse than she will ever admit.

Yeah, that's the kind of person you should give all your money to. Someone who isn't willing to tell the truth, and thinks you're stupid enough to believe anything. If history hasn't shown you what kind of person she is, you're just the type of person she's looking for, to pad her bank account.

She will certainly tell you whatever truth you want to hear, as long as it pays.

I so wish Juan would have questioned her about that rEdiculous story of hers.

JM: So these two ninjas threatened not only your life, but the lives of your entire family if you mentioned the killing to anyone, RIGHT?! Miss Arias... would you be so kind as to tell the court how these so-called ninjas know exactly where you OR your family live based on a driver's license with a P.O. box number from Big Sur, California?

JA: Well, I guess..

JM: No, no, no... there's no guessing here.

Btw: I was in Carmel last weekend with my much better half and it was beautiful there. Suck on that, Jodi. Glad to know the Hog's Breath Inn is still open. :)
:facepalm::lol::lol::lol::lol:Good one!

Right, but here's what I think Predator is suggesting happened re: the blood/handprint evidence:

For reasons unknown, one or more people of unknown origin (ninjas, ex-military or...?) brutally slaughtered Travis and Jodi just happened to drop by his house afterwards. THEN... she somehow cut her left wedding ring finger (probably slicing apples in his kitchen as she claimed in her third or fourth story re: her finger) which, when she touched the left wall on her way out of TA's bathroom, then mixed her blood with Travis' blood on the wall in the bath hallway that was still drying 15 hours later.

She's just got the worst luck, I tell ya. Always being grabbed by the wrist and spun around by everyone her entire life, and now accidentally leaving her blood at a crime scene and taking the rap for 1st degree, pre-meditated murder. Poor Jodi. Poor little innocent Jodi Arias.

How do you know that this didn't happen, huh? were you there? Did you see Jodi kill him in cold blood? No you didn't! No,no,no most certainly you did not! You took all that Juan said on faith, but I am certain you didn't know that he was just showing you a version of evidence that fit his narrative neatly. There's room for interpretation in the M.E.'s report.

By the way,you just saw how evidence may be twisted to support such a crazy theory and you know one can keep refining the crazy theories making them more and more realistic by continuing to twist evidence.

No offense, but I am sure you are aware that there are other sites that support the killer and would be more receptive to your theory. I believe they are looking for someone that "might" be involved in the Innocence Project. Most of us here, if not all believe in her guilt or else would be on those sites ourselves.
Last I read she was not on the Innocence Projects short list, long list or any list.

Off to bed. Sweet dreams.

BBM except perhaps their Do Not Call list ;)

There is zero reason for you to be so snarky. When I mentioned I would like to read the actual statements given, Ellie Mae responded "I posted it." I thought there might be a link that I was not noticing. Chill out.

Hi nrdsb4.

I'm not sure what you needed, but I did my unofficial transcription of the sentencing statements, etc.

If you wanted Nurmi's request to leave, what I heard was the following starting at 36:00.

36:00
KN: Your Honour, I will be moving to withdraw at this point in time. A reconsideration of April 4, 2011. That order contemplated joint representation because it was a capital trial pending, pending trial at that time. Given that that is no longer the case, Miss Arias has been sentenced to life moments ago by this court, I see that there's a few ancillary issues remaining, but the motion, for which motion should be filed, but, pending that, I would ask that I be withdrawn from the restitution hearing or any future matters, particularly given Miss Arias's choice to be non-communicative with me. I believe it would be best for Miss Willmott to handle that. And so, I would ask that my motion to withdraw would be granted here this morning.

JSS: All right. The motion to withdraw is under advisement. Anything else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZL8oLcqoF0

If there's a thread for source material in which I could post my entire unofficial transcription, I'd be happy to do so. Otherwise, the material is on the previous thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove