Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't go to the JAII site because every time I have tried it my Bitdefender blocks it because it says it's dangerous so I don't go.

Even if IRS is not going to get involved, someone on the state level should question Killer's indigent status. Why should the state spend further taxpayer dollars on this killer if she is getting donations specifically for the purpose of appeals?

Killer has the money--let her pay her way now.

Agree, and I will find it hard to understand if someone isn't looking into this trust account. Even if it's been set up in a way that the Alexanders can't get it, it should be required that all $ in it be used for an attorney before the state pays another dime.

As for the fund, I saw an update today. It's now @ $54,002.55. Assuming they are including the matching money from the anonymous donor, they raised a grand total of $326.25 from regular donations last week. A first week of this 'drive' when begging was hard core and enthusiasm should be high. Curious about the odd cents reported too...reduced by a Paypal fee, maybe?

I reread katiecoolady's blog this morning discussing the killer's sentencing hearing. Katie's pics of the murderer and Wilmott are unique in they photograph the sentencing with the camera sitting almost behind JSS. The pictures are a great view of the pathetic killer glancing over at the crying baby as well as her arms in cuffs and her lovely stripes. They give a great perspective I hadn't seen before. I encourage everyone who hasn't seen them to google Katie's blog and read her account of that day.
OT but thanks, Katie, and congratulations on your approaching nuptials, from one sister nurse to another. I wish you many years of happiness!
The killer has been at PV for two weeks now. I hope as she sits in solitary her "fog" further evaporates and the events of that day haunt her every night interrupting her sleep. IMO, there was never any "fog".
I check JAII every other day and am convinced those people that post there are absolutely delusional. I can't believe the posts I read. I would love to read the Hughes' book but do not have kindle or any ebook software, so I too can't wait until it is available in book form. I couldn't care less if they make money from the book. Their lives were interrupted horrendously by the killer and Travis' murder. Doesn't bother me in the least whether they donate the profits or not. I am looking forward to reading their book.

BBM:

There is something seriously wrong with some of those people. Their "leader" is a very sick person, all he does is try to rally his cult until they agree with him. The post he has on there now is pathetic. Sicko!!! It is so filthy that I will not post it on here. Chris and Skye need to have the FBI investigate and put a stop to it. He (SJ) is one filthy . The supposed women are no better.

BBM:

There is something seriously wrong with some of those people. Their "leader" is a very sick person, all he does is try to rally his cult until they agree with him. The post he has on there now is pathetic. Sicko!!! It is so filthy that I will not post it on here. Chris and Skye need to have the FBI investigate and put a stop to it. He (SJ) is one filthy . The supposed women are no better.

I saw the post you're referring to - I don't even think he necessarily believes in JA's innocence - it's just a way to have a website that will get a lot of traffic IMO as his posts are nearly always inflammatory and rarely informative. If you read there regularly you've probably seen the one person who seems to have a cool and collected head about the whole thing and patiently points out the length of the appeal process, which seems to go straight over the tops of the other's heads as they carry on with 'la la la overturned verdict la la la released with time served la la la we love you Jodi la la la'. Anyway, thanks to LinTX for the arithmetic - it's good to know that their big donations push has thus far raised about half an hour of a top attorney's time.*

* Don't actually have clue what they get so based it on double Nurmi's rate.

Thanks Jasper52, I am going to pursue that. I really want to read the book while I have a break from work. Thanks again!My "thank you" button has disappeared!

I saw the post you're referring to - I don't even think he necessarily believes in JA's innocence - it's just a way to have a website that will get a lot of traffic IMO as his posts are nearly always inflammatory and rarely informative. If you read there regularly you've probably seen the one person who seems to have a cool and collected head about the whole thing and patiently points out the length of the appeal process, which seems to go straight over the tops of the other's heads as they carry on with 'la la la overturned verdict la la la released with time served la la la we love you Jodi la la la'. Anyway, thanks to LinTX for the arithmetic - it's good to know that their big donations push has thus far raised about half an hour of a top attorney's time.*

* Don't actually have clue what they get so based it on double Nurmi's rate.

I skip over the ones who post insanity, and then try to right it with a Bible verse.... the only one I really think has a clue is "S_O_T", and she "normally" calls them out on the BS.

Someone please tell me that the butcher does not get online access nine hours a day on a lap-top. Heck I don't even get that and I work all day with a computer. She is NOT working so why is she given access to a computer??

I skip over the ones who post insanity, and then try to right it with a Bible verse.... the only one I really think has a clue is "S_O_T", and she "normally" calls them out on the BS.

Snap - that's of course who I was thinking of. There's another not quite so frequent poster, with just a two letter name, who is also quite sensible. Both of them seem reasonable to the point where I wonder why they are in JA's corner, but I guess they have their reasons for choosing to believe her. And I can also understand their distaste for some aspects of TA's life and behaviour that we know to be true - I for one am not big on hypocrisy, and the religious form irks me more than most others, but his very human failings in no way mitigate Arias's much worse ones. So whether I am reading one of their relatively sensible posts or someone else's diatribe capped off with a quote from the Bible, I still usually end up shaking my head.

Snap - that's of course who I was thinking of. There's another not quite so frequent poster, with just a two letter name, who is also quite sensible. Both of them seem reasonable to the point where I wonder why they are in JA's corner, but I guess they have their reasons for choosing to believe her. And I can also understand their distaste for some aspects of TA's life and behaviour that we know to be true - I for one am not big on hypocrisy, and the religious form irks me more than most others, but his very human failings in no way mitigate Arias's much worse ones. So whether I am reading one of their relatively sensible posts or someone else's diatribe capped off with a quote from the Bible, I still usually end up shaking my head.

I so agree, and I think I know the other one you refer to. From "some" of the posts I have read, it appears that a good number of these women have went through some form of domestic violence... to them, I say hurray for getting out! But, all cases are different and in this case, CMJA was the guilty party in doling out abuse before it came to a jealous slaughter. Hopefully one day their pain will ease and they can realize who was at fault in this case. Hint: She resides in an isolation cell at PV prison, and will make her departure from PV the day she dies... not until.

images.jpg

I reread katiecoolady's blog this morning discussing the killer's sentencing hearing. Katie's pics of the murderer and Wilmott are unique in they photograph the sentencing with the camera sitting almost behind JSS. The pictures are a great view of the pathetic killer glancing over at the crying baby as well as her arms in cuffs and her lovely stripes. They give a great perspective I hadn't seen before. I encourage everyone who hasn't seen them to google Katie's blog and read her account of that day.

Hi Salburg7, could you be a little more specific on where I can find these pictures, I search on katiecoolady's blog, but I'm not seeing what you are talking about. Please help us old people find things.

I'm sorry people, but when I post a quote, they often turn out like above, that is not a real quote it is a funky quote. I'm looking for the pics of the murderess from Judge Stevens view.

I believe I found the pics on Katie's blog, took a while there was so much there, my computer froze up, Never mind.

Thanks Jasper52, I am going to pursue that. I really want to read the book while I have a break from work. Thanks again!My "thank you" button has disappeared!

BBM Hint: next time that happens just refresh your page and the thanks button should come back.

Agree, and I will find it hard to understand if someone isn't looking into this trust account. Even if it's been set up in a way that the Alexanders can't get it, it should be required that all $ in it be used for an attorney before the state pays another dime.

As for the fund, I saw an update today. It's now @ $54,002.55. Assuming they are including the matching money from the anonymous donor, they raised a grand total of $326.25 from regular donations last week. A first week of this 'drive' when begging was hard core and enthusiasm should be high. Curious about the odd cents reported too...reduced by a Paypal fee, maybe?

wondering if there is a way that the donation website can be held accountable for distributing the funds. I have not been to the site so I have no idea through what online system the funds are being raised. Is it a web-based donation site? Or are 'they' just asking gullible people to send money via PayPal directly to the sysadmin or the aunt? Even then, I think PayPal would want to comply with the courts and any orders that come down re: restitution. I hope AZ has a good forensic accountant working on the restitution case.

Personally I wouldn't mind if the killer's family got bilked of all the donations they're "collecting" for her appeal. That would be perfect karma imo.

I'm sorry people, but when I post a quote, they often turn out like above, that is not a real quote it is a funky quote. I'm looking for the pics of the murderess from Judge Stevens view.

I believe I found the pics on Katie's blog, took a while there was so much there, my computer froze up, Never mind.

You need to be sure that at the end of the last sentence you are quoting that you type this:

[/quote]

As you can see in your "funky quote," you have the appropriate
before the words you want to quote, but you are missing the end of quote feature I used above at the end of the text you want to quote.

wondering if there is a way that the donation website can be held accountable for distributing the funds. I have not been to the site so I have no idea through what online system the funds are being raised. Is it a web-based donation site? Or are 'they' just asking gullible people to send money via PayPal directly to the sysadmin or the aunt? Even then, I think PayPal would want to comply with the courts and any orders that come down re: restitution. I hope AZ has a good forensic accountant working on the restitution case.

Personally I wouldn't mind if the killer's family got bilked of all the donations they're "collecting" for her appeal. That would be perfect karma imo.

Here is the link they are bumming from. http://justice4jodi.com/. It appears as though her aunt is collecting donations through a P.O. Box in Medford, OR. via money order or cash, and they also accept PayPal. I would imagine the State already has their eyes trained on that site. Hopefully the collected funds have to be used before the State kicks in for any appeal financing. I imagine plenty of letters have been sent to the right politicians inquiring about this same thing.

Here is the link they are bumming from. http://justice4jodi.com/. It appears as though her aunt is collecting donations through a P.O. Box in Medford, OR. via money order or cash, and they also accept PayPal. I would imagine the State already has their eyes trained on that site. Hopefully the collected funds have to be used before the State kicks in for any appeal financing. I imagine plenty of letters have been sent to the right politicians inquiring about this same thing.

Is anyone going to care about the killer's fundraising? I mean enough to see to it that the funds go for what they are purportedly being raised for? There should be a protocol for monitoring things like this but I wonder if there really is and even if there is, does any state agency actually follow through?

I suppose killers are allowed to raise funds for appeals and I don't care that this killer's people are doing so on her behalf. I just would like to see any rules/laws regarding the collection of such funds be enforced, in particular regarding any financial documents that may be required to be filed to account for the funds collected/spent.

I have a gnawing feeling that no state official is going to get involved in this enough to hold anyone accountable and frankly, this killer has already had far more taxpayer monies spent on her than most killers could dream of. I say if the aunt is raising appeals funds, she should have to use the funds for the purpose intended and someone should hold her accountable for the duration of the appeals process.

This is something the authorities ought to care about; let's hope they do. Killers or their families should not be left alone to get rich off their crimes but what good are laws governing that if no one cares enough to enforce them?

Is anyone going to care about the killer's fundraising? I mean enough to see to it that the funds go for what they are purportedly being raised for? There should be a protocol for monitoring things like this but I wonder if there really is and even if there is, does any state agency actually follow through?

I suppose killers are allowed to raise funds for appeals and I don't care that this killer's people are doing so on her behalf. I just would like to see any rules/laws regarding the collection of such funds be enforced, in particular regarding any financial documents that may be required to be filed to account for the funds collected/spent.

I have a gnawing feeling that no state official is going to get involved in this enough to hold anyone accountable and frankly, this killer has already had far more taxpayer monies spent on her than most killers could dream of. I say if the aunt is raising appeals funds, she should have to use the funds for the purpose intended and someone should hold her accountable for the duration of the appeals process.

This is something the authorities ought to care about; let's hope they do. Killers or their families should not be left alone to get rich off their crimes but what good are laws governing that if no one cares enough to enforce them?

I agree, and might I add... great post!!!!

IRS would care investigate audit prosecute fine imprison. Remember Al Capone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop