Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the actual name of the supposed 501c3 for the appeals or somehow give me directions to find the name without getting us kicked off of WS? I don't know if it's been posted before. I can't stomach that website long enough to find the answers I want, and I've looked there (avoiding the comments) just to find that specific info and can't find it.

I'm trying to find out to verify it because as far as I can tell NO WAY IN H3LL / PERRYVILLE, AZ - are 501c3's to benefit something like this. I thought they were to benefit the greater good and this ain't it. :lookingitup:

IF, I read this correctly. I see it uses the term "shareholder" and we know that the murderer's name isn't on it, but it ultimately benefits her. Anyone can raise funds, but not anyone can get the status and protection of a 501c3.

http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-...-Requirements-Section-501(c)(3)-Organizations

When is 281129's restitution hearing? Isn't it May 4th?

Laughable. These are some rules https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/guidebook_2013_inter.pdf:

A
ny person may mail general correspondence such as letters, greeting cards, and post cards to an inmate.
All
incoming mail is opened and inspected for contraband and unauthorized materials.
Mail may
not
include
:

Packages

Products

Contraband

Cell phones or electronic devices

C
ash, coins, personal check
s of any kind*

Unused postage stamps

Stickers, labels, addre
ss labels or decorative stamps

Photos where the non
-
photo side can be separated (
Polaroid’s
).

Photos that are
sexually expl
icit, sexually
suggestive or
contain nudity

Photos of other inmates

Unknown for
eign substances and/or powders

Oils, perfu
mes or personal property items

Lott
ery tickets or games of chance

Battery operated greeting cards, or greeting cards of excessive size
(larger than 8
½" by 11")

Unused Greeting cards, stationa
ry, pens/pencils and envelopes

Used postcards

Bookmarks

Candy, gum, or any food items

Art, crafts and hobby supplies

Other unauthorized items as determined by ADC
*ADC
maintains all money received on behalf of an inmate or earned by an inmate in an inmate trust account.

Anyone know how to fix the line ends?

Just click after them and press "delete" then "enter" until it is lined up.

It's odd to me that they would get a PO Box 50+ miles away from Yreka, even bypassing Ashland and going 15 miles further north to Medford.

Bankruptcies are handled in federal bankruptcy courts around the country. The jurisdiction within a state is broken up into groups of counties, called districts. The eastern California district's US Bankruptcy court is the one that handles bankruptcies for the county of Siskiyou. I don't think a PO Box in another state would violate any bankruptcy rulings. But it is curious.

Aunt Sue lives in Medford, OR

Does anyone have the actual name of the supposed 501c3 for the appeals or somehow give me directions to find the name without getting us kicked off of WS? I don't know if it's been posted before. I can't stomach that website long enough to find the answers I want, and I've looked there (avoiding the comments) just to find that specific info and can't find it.

I'm trying to find out to verify it because as far as I can tell NO WAY IN H3LL / PERRYVILLE, AZ - are 501c3's to benefit something like this. I thought they were to benefit the greater good and this ain't it. :lookingitup:

IF, I read this correctly. I see it uses the term "shareholder" and we know that the murderer's name isn't on it, but it ultimately benefits her. Anyone can raise funds, but not anyone can get the status and protection of a 501c3.

http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-...-Requirements-Section-501(c)(3)-Organizations
It's not a 501c and donations are not tax decuctable/charity. It's a trust account set up in a bank by Aunt Sue.

Aunt Sue lives in Medford, OR

It's not a 501c and donations are not tax decuctable/charity. It's a trust account set up in a bank by Aunt Sue.

THANK YOU! So much misinformation (l-i-e-s) from and TO their own crazy supporters! Huge difference and I guess some of them be shocked. Oh, well.

I still stand by my belief that if they're collecting money solely for the appeal and it's used for anything other than what's stipulated in the trust forms (which believers and non-believers alike have NO access to) it's fraud. I read enough on "that' site to see that if it's not spent on the appeal, it will be donated *cough cough* to two charities to be named. Charities can be interpreted loosely I suppose, except when it comes to the IRS, whooahhh!

Idiots.

I was thinking along the lines of the account being in OR specifically to throw a monkey wrench into any AZ efforts to track funds. Killer is indigent as far as AZ courts are concerned and restitution is an AZ matter as well. I suppose I'm reaching here...it's just curious that the account is just far enough away to make it less convenient for the state to check on or monitor, but not far enough away to be inconvenient for our favorite Aunt, or whoever. But these days a lot can be done via online banking so it's probably no inconvenience at all.

Anyway, it's good to have Killer's addy now so we can all send her birthday cards in a few weeks ...

Or not.

Isn't Oregon one of only a few Tax Exempt states in the nation? I haven't caught up on the thread yet so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Montana and Oregon have no sales tax but believe me....they are not Tax Exempt - - at least Montana is not!

Isn't Oregon one of only a few Tax Exempt states in the nation? I haven't caught up on the thread yet so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

So, Aunt Sue lives in OR. OK, that explains the account being there. And if it isn't in the killer's name, it's not her money even if her name is being used in the solicitations.

Oh well, no worries. What goes around comes around or, as my grandma used to say: It will all come out in the wash.

Montana and Oregon have no sales tax but believe me....they are not Tax Exempt - - at least Montana is not!

Oregon imposes an income tax. If the Trust Fund is not a recognized 501c3, can the "donations" be taxed?

So, Aunt Sue lives in OR. OK, that explains the account being there. And if it isn't in the killer's name, it's not her money even if her name is being used in the solicitations.

Oh well, no worries. What goes around comes around or, as my grandma used to say: It will all come out in the wash.

ETA: What's the worst that can happen with this? Probably that some big name attorney takes her appeal pro bono....which is unlikely given how much work would be involved in poring over the entire trial and then the retrial. Yuk, I say. One would have to be a glutton for punishment to take that on for free or for little compensation. Other than that, I see her family dipping into her donated funds. I would find it quite amusing if they would leave the killer to her own devices while they help themselves to...whatever. Best thing would be she is ordered to pay restitution with anything she is given directly; next best thing is she is betrayed by those on the outside who claim to be "working" on her behalf.

OOOPS! I meant to add to my post, not quote myself.
LMAO~

justice4jodi is down!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I truly doubt any attorney, good or otherwise will take her case pro bono. Maybe if it was a DP case, but not a LWOP. There was no injustice in her trial, no doubt she did it, and not even any appellate issues of merit, IMO. 50K is peanuts for a good trial attorney's fees. I believe the Alexander family will get some of that money after the wheels of restitution begin. All AZ has to do is a Google search and a little investigation The Arias family, all of them, don't know when to shut their mouths. They all think they are the brighest bulbs in the lot, when they are 40W in a field of 150W....dull,dull,dull.

Hi Friends! Nice to see all of you here!
Would like to see some more of Travis supporters over on the Theater shooting threads. Any of you following?
We are only on Thread 2 after 3 days of trial! LOL Quite a difference from arias trial threads!
Another big difference is the judge. Judge Carlos Samour Jr. is in complete control of his courtroom.
Here is link to current thread -http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?278674-James-Holmes-Trial-Discussion-Begins-April-27-2015-2/page2

Hi Friends! Nice to see all of you here!
Would like to see some more of Travis supporters over on the Theater shooting threads. Any of you following?
We are only on Thread 2 after 3 days of trial! LOL Quite a difference from arias trial threads!

Another big difference is the judge. Judge Carlos Samour Jr. is in complete control of his courtroom.

Thanks, I will.

I just took a quick peek at that facebook page. It's amazing that the "owner" is so deluded. I noticed that he purposely twists even the smallest thing to shore up his POV. On the day that Jodi was sentenced, he stated the following:
Still acrimonious from her loss in her pursuit of death for ‪#‎JodiArias‬, Judge Sherry Stephens angrily hands down a natural life sentence to Jodi."

That's patently false, as JSS was extremely calm with no anger whatsoever displayed. But that clearly doesn't play to his rhetoric, so he has to either use hyperbole or lie outright in order to advance his agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhijones