Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could any of this be about saving money from her personal appellate fund?

I mean that if she gets her automatic appeal filed all the way to the supreme court in one fell swoop- lets just say it ends in her favor- then the $$$ is hers and she is also free? ( I mean in her deranged, delusional and underhanded mind, of course)

Does that even make sense? I know what I am trying to say but I'm not sure I'm being clear in conveying it to you all! LOL

I'm thinking she's trying to skip straight to federal appeals. This would require her to hire an attorney. If she waits any longer on the piece of her appeals process that requires money, a) her fans are going to lose interest and not raise any more money and b) the Alexanders will get "the fund" if Jodi doesn't hurry up and spend it.

I have been stunned by the ineptness of some of the attorneys associated with this case. How do you become an attorney without mastering the use of the English language? Words are a trial lawyer's tools. Some of them have no idea how to use them.

I'm thinking she's trying to skip straight to federal appeals. This would require her to hire an attorney. If she waits any longer on the piece of her appeals process that requires money, a) her fans are going to lose interest and not raise any more money and b) the Alexanders will get "the fund" if Jodi doesn't hurry up and spend it.

Dunno. The federal circuit court can dismiss a petition out of hand if the petitioner didn't appeal first to the COA. And, I seriously doubt she's raised even that $90k bragged about, which even if real would be far less than half of even an initial retainer fee. IMO she won't ever be able to afford any appeals beyond the state-level.

In any case, if that's what she's doing she'll have to waive her right to Post Conviction Relief, since she has to have "exhausted" all her state- level appeals before going federal.

I wonder if she's really willing to forgo PCR. That would be her one and only shot at having "new" evidence introduced, and I definitely remember her talking that up as her appellate "strategy." Remember Bond, the PI she hired during penalty #2 to go digging for all that new info?

Unrelated.....court docket now indicates that a redacted transcript has been filed for trial day Feb. 28, 2013. Weird. She was on the stand under cross for the entire day. I think that was the day she supposedly "cracked" (nah, she just knew JM was winning and couldn't deal with it).

The COA filed its response yesterday to the Motion to Disqualify. No related info on docket other than that bare mention.

Unrelated.....court docket now indicates that a redacted transcript has been filed for trial day Feb. 28, 2013. Weird. She was on the stand under cross for the entire day. I think that was the day she supposedly "cracked" (nah, she just knew JM was winning and couldn't deal with it).

I think that it was a short day. there was a closed Hearing in the afternoon?

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/022013/m5647071.pdf

3:40 p.m. Court convenes in chambers with Defendant and respective Counsel present.
Discussion is held as stated on the record.
Each Juror is brought in individually and Voir Dired.
IT IS ORDERED this portion of the hearing from 3:40 p.m. to 4:18 p.m. shall be sealed
not to be opened until further order of the Court.
4:18 p.m. Court stands in recess until 02/21/2013 at 10:30 a.m.

She can't help herself. The killer who keeps on giving. She really thinks one day she will be set free. She should have been put to sleep eons ago.

I think that it was a short day. there was a closed Hearing in the afternoon?

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/022013/m5647071.pdf

3:40 p.m. Court convenes in chambers with Defendant and respective Counsel present.
Discussion is held as stated on the record.
Each Juror is brought in individually and Voir Dired.
IT IS ORDERED this portion of the hearing from 3:40 p.m. to 4:18 p.m. shall be sealed
not to be opened until further order of the Court.
4:18 p.m. Court stands in recess until 02/21/2013 at 10:30 a.m.

The redacted transcript is for Feb. 28th, not the 20th. JM finished his cross of the killer at 3:30, jury left, a hearing held. The media was requesting that transcripts of sidebars etc. be released, Nurmi argued against the 1st amendment in favor of secrecy, and JSS coddled Nurmi & denied the media's request.

Brings it all right back, eh?

Out of curiosity, I went a'looking into Margaret M.Green's lawyering record (she and Cory Engle are the killer's appellate attys).

Sure wouldn't think she'd want to rile up or offend COA judges. Green is working on 12 other appeals to the COA at the moment; Engle has a whopping 18 there.

Green also has 3 pending appeals to the AZ Supreme Court; the SC denied one of her appeals as I was looking at the case record.

Green did win an important case before the ASC in 2011. The court accepted the case because it wanted to consider the 4th amendment implications of AZ's "protective sweep" legislation. It ruled that the COA had improperly upheld her client's conviction---that the client's 4th amendment rights had been violated. Case was remanded back to trial court.

Dang I love reading about the law...:)

Just an FYI Karas on Crime has the response motion from the Attorney.
Basically it states that that the motion to
1.Disqualify the entire Court based on Judge Cattani article is not warranted under AZ law.
2. Should be denied due to a premature motion as no judges have been assigned to the case.

Sorry girls I didn't look close enough to the entry to realize what exactly it said. In the upper left hand corner where it says Appellate Case information it reads Case Filed: 7 - May 2015
Case Closed:
I didn't notice the Colons and just assumed it was closed on Oct 5, as that was the last date I saw on the earlier page entry. I need to wear my glasses more. sorry again for the mistake

Just an FYI Karas on Crime has the response motion from the Attorney.
Basically it states that that the motion to
1.Disqualify the entire Court based on Judge Cattani article is not warranted under AZ law.
2. Should be denied due to a premature motion as no judges have been assigned to the case.

Thanks for posting that from BK!! Unsurprising that the motion was swatted away like a pesky fly. Still wonder WTH it was even attempted.

And, hey SAM!! No worries. Lost track years ago of all the times I've posted wrong stuff here. :)

Dunno. The federal circuit court can dismiss a petition out of hand if the petitioner didn't appeal first to the COA. And, I seriously doubt she's raised even that $90k bragged about, which even if real would be far less than half of even an initial retainer fee. IMO she won't ever be able to afford any appeals beyond the state-level.

In any case, if that's what she's doing she'll have to waive her right to Post Conviction Relief, since she has to have "exhausted" all her state- level appeals before going federal.

I wonder if she's really willing to forgo PCR. That would be her one and only shot at having "new" evidence introduced, and I definitely remember her talking that up as her appellate "strategy." Remember Bond, the PI she hired during penalty #2 to go digging for all that new info?

BBM. If the Perryville Princess goes through PCR, she has to start with JSS, right? JSS is the gateway for this process? That would seem to be a non-starter....

This was posted over on the State page, I am just wondering what it means as it says the AG denied the motion. Sure hope it's true!!!

Re Appeal: Motion Denied by Attorney General Mark Brnovich

Basically the response says it should be denied for two reasons:

IMO & I haven't yet caught up on this thread yet, this Petition by Perryville Princess (love this new nickname) is just the murderer throwing another one of her hissy fits and using any available excuse to show her true, non intelligent, narcissistic selfish personally , again trying to maintain her uniqueness that exists only in her mind. And, what probably pissed her off the most was the Judge spelled her name wrong. Well, SHE'LL SHOW HIM, won't she. This too will backfire in her simply average mundane face. Six months at Perryville and she is beginning to see what now defines her horrible life. I am still sure than she thought she would never be convicted, yet alone jailed with LWOP.
Like it or not, killer, you have it better than many little children out in this cruel world of ours; kids that are abused and dumped in plastic black bags on beaches. The killer gets toilet paper, sanitary pads, 3 meals and a few showers a week.
I couldn't care less if CMJA is "suffering". She is there b/o her own choices. She thought she could take another person's life and have no consequences attached, because she is so special.
I wonder who told her her measly $90K "irrevocable trust" will get her anywhere. If it exists. She is history. She'll never get out of PV. And it's exactly where she belongs.

Has it really only been 6 months?

I give her about 6 more before she really becomes unhinged and about 12 more before she attempts suicide.

It is only now truly beginning to sink in. I am so glad she got LWOP.

She's in for the biggest surprise of her life when she finally meets her maker. Good riddance demon seed, thank god she was never able to reproduce.

Thanks for posting that from BK!! Unsurprising that the motion was swatted away like a pesky fly. Still wonder WTH it was even attempted.

And, hey SAM!! No worries. Lost track years ago of all the times I've posted wrong stuff here. :)
Just something I saw. One of the appeal attorneys may have a issue with Cattani?

This was posted over on the State page, I am just wondering what it means as it says the AG denied the motion. Sure hope it's true!!!

Re Appeal: Motion Denied by Attorney General Mark Brnovich

Basically the response says it should be denied for two reasons:

Do not believe Judge Mackey has ruled

Has it really only been 6 months?

I give her about 6 more before she really becomes unhinged and about 12 more before she attempts suicide.

It is only now truly beginning to sink in. I am so glad she got LWOP.

She's in for the biggest surprise of her life when she finally meets her maker. Good riddance demon seed, thank god she was never able to reproduce.

BBM. The Perryville Princess will find a way to do it with a guard, or have semen smuggled in or something. Just watch, she'll get pregnant... Or else make a PVP (Perryville Princess) clone? Let's hope her biological clock is ticking loudly and annoyingly every waking and sleeping moment and that it's making her berserk.

I honestly have never believed she was capable of getting pregnant. Just a hunch otherwise I think she would have "accidentally" gotten pregnant with Bobby, Matt, Daryl or Travis- take your pick- especially Travis.

I honestly have never believed she was capable of getting pregnant. Just a hunch otherwise I think she would have "accidentally" gotten pregnant with Bobby, Matt, Daryl or Travis- take your pick- especially Travis.
Oh, Travis for sure. She really missed out on a great opportunity to completely sink his emotional, financial and spiritual battleship.

Male prison guards should be kept ten feet away from her at all times until her 55th birthday. That's all the state of Arizona needs now is Wile E. Arias on financial assistance to support a kid for the next 18 years.

On the other hand... hey, more candy bar money! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member