Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion points I responded to focused on Arias being his girlfriend. Or not being so. That was what was being questioned.

One of the things I like about this forum is the base of knowledge that has firm foundation in fact. So, if it's claimed that he never called her his girlfriend and evidence shows he did, noting the facts helps. Same with your point on going to see a movie or baking cookies. The evidence shows that she did these things so it's worth being clear on those points. These small matters don't negate the discussion on his level of commitment to to her or the very brief window in which the tag girlfriend was applied.

Fair comments, though I would add that from reading his texts, JA was not the only one he said "I love you" to, or "you don't love me", or invited for baking cookies, road trips etc., without the expectation that he was or they were suddenly in a bf/gf relationship. That was and is quite common btw, even I recall that kind of flirting, same with his way of bringing sex into his chats... as immature as that now sounds to me. It seems more than a few were quite willing to "play the game" with him too, though after time you could eventually see most of that for what it was, immature flirting that the women themselves were quite capable of putting a cap on when they decided it had hit the upper limits of what they were willing to participate in.

Were they ever "BF-GF"? Have to say I found that topic horribly annoying every time it was brought up at trial. How sophomoric, her "remembering" the exact date when they became "official," yada yada. It seemed easy to believe I was watching a conflict resolution exercise for high school students rather then a DP trial.
I can believe they were working towards being bf/gf during the first few months after they met in Sept., 2006, but it didn't sound to me like it ever, at any time, developed into a committed relationship. I just think that when she moved TO Mesa from Palm Desert, after that initial "getting-to-know-you" phase in 2006, she wanted to do nice things for him, and he let her. And he wanted to share expenses on road trips and conventions, and she let him. They may have had an understanding with each other about their "special friendship", but I don't think they were ever bf/gf in the classic sense. If anything they were only kinda-sorta bf/gf by default because neither was involved with anyone else. So maybe Jodi was Travis' dirty little secret after all. Why deny it? He didn't want her in his life, but she and her three holes wouldn't go away. What's a feller to do???

I can believe they were working towards being bf/gf during the first few months after they met in Sept., 2006, but it didn't sound to me like it ever, at any time, developed into a committed relationship. I just think that when she moved TO Mesa from Palm Desert, after that initial "getting-to-know-you" phase in 2006, she wanted to do nice things for him, and he let her. And he wanted to share expenses on road trips and conventions, and she let him. They may have had an understanding with each other about their "special friendship", but I don't think they were ever bf/gf in the classic sense. If anything they were only kinda-sorta bf/gf by default because neither was involved with anyone else. So maybe Jodi was Travis' dirty little secret after all. Why deny it? He didn't want her in his life, but she and her three holes wouldn't go away. What's a feller to do???

It was definitely never a committed relationship. By either of them. She had mentally ill AND predator expectations from the get-go, he was struggling with guilt about Deanna , what he knew to be issues with being able to commit to any woman, and according to his closest confidante and friend Taylor, with meeting his faith's Cinderalla deadline of marrying by 30 when he was obviously feeling in the prime of his life for attracting and dallying with many ladies.

I'm not trying to quibble, but for me beyond that is just a parsing of words and definitions. He was attracted to the killer, explored the possibility of her for the briefest of times, but rejected her as wife-material early on precisely because she threw herself at him physically. Even before she transitioned into stalker.

OT. I just learned today how to post pics. My DH's car (2 feet of snow here, give or take a few windblown inches).

Attachments

• IMG_20160123_163644.jpg
    IMG_20160123_163644.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 139
‘A SEXUAL DYNAMO’

The connection between Travis and Jodi was wearing thin, and sadly, the sex seemed to be the only remaining common denominator. Jodi elicited Travis’ reckless forbidden passion, which was what he craved about her. Travis tried to be a good Mormon, even wearing his temple garments — the church’s symbolic protections from the evils of the world — under his clothes. But Jodi’s sexuality was too much to resist.

One of Travis’ best friends, Taylor Searle, said Travis revealed to him that Jodi was a sexual dynamo who could achieve numerous orgasms in a row.

Taylor said, “We were driving one day, and he was talking about Jodi and was describing how she was a nymphomaniac. He was explaining that Jodi had gotten herself off eight times in one day. It might have been nine, or it might have been 13.”

Unfortunately for her, it was also what Travis loathed, as it came with more and more guilt each time. She was the vehicle of his moral corruption in the Mormon church, and over time, the sexual fire sale that she offered him didn’t increase her value in his eyes — if anything, it brought her worth to an all-time low.

Whether it was because of his upbringing or Jodi’s skills in the bedroom, Travis clearly had a difficult time deciding what he was going to do about Jodi.

OT. I just learned today how to post pics. My DH's car (2 feet of snow here, give or take a few windblown inches).

That brings back memories of a province I used to live in... lol. I hope you have lots of cocoa fixings, a full freezer or pantry of real food, a good power/heat source and no need to go anywhere for a few days.:coldcase:

Back on topic, what's the weather been like for the prisoner? Any chance she may find her two blankets inadequate or her facilities a wee bit chilly?

Read on super duper that the Hughes will be on Dr Phil in Feb. Also possibly Tanisha. Since Juan's book is coming out in Feb, maybe him too? That would really be something. a

That brings back memories of a province I used to live in... lol. I hope you have lots of cocoa fixings, a full freezer or pantry of real food, a good power/heat source and no need to go anywhere for a few days.:coldcase:

Back on topic, what's the weather been like for the prisoner? Any chance she may find her two blankets inadequate or her facilities a wee bit chilly?

Reminds me of Winnipeg, the closest city to where once I survived temps -30 F and such before wind chill winters, but fled to - LOL - a warmer town.

Is the lying liar vindictive & vile murderer comfortable in her cell now? As much as it seems to pain folks, I think she's comfortable enough, both physically and psychologically.

She is where she belongs, her natural habitat, and I'm willing to bet she's thriving...so much prey, so much time....

Twitter update, Juan will be there, too. This should really push sales. I hope he makes millions.

Twitter update, Juan will be there, too. This should really push sales. I hope he makes millions.

JM has earned whatever comes next for him, and doesn't owe anyone an apology or explanation for anything.

That said----Dr. Phil??? The same guy who paid blood money to the Anthonys for interviews. Sorry, but....yuck.

I agree about the yuck factor, but the audience for Dr Phil is 4.8 million. If that tranlates to millions for Juan Martinez, more power to him.
t

I agree about the yuck factor, but the audience for Dr Phil is 4.8 million. If that tranlates to millions for Juan Martinez, more power to him.
t

JM isn't going to make many thousands on his book, much less
millions, no matter how many peeps tune into a "Dr." Phil show.

Book royalties aren't particularly equitable, much less generous.
More to the point, no matter how interesting those of us still here find residual questions about the case, her case and trial were never national news of any duration, and very few folks, including locals, bothered to stop and gawk in or outside the courtroom.

Other than her apparently natural abity to lie and to torment, the killer is entirely unremarkable, inside and out, IMO. Travis might have been an unusual kind of victim, and the crime especially bloody and cruel, but she isn't complex.. just lazy and loser.

Go forth and be bachelor. Going to zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry to repost....couldn't edit the above snoozy garbled post, so tried again below. :)

JM isn't going to make many thousands on his book, much less
millions, no matter how many peeps tune into a "Dr." Phil show.

Book royalties aren't particularly equitable, much less generous.
More to the point, no matter how interesting those of us still here find residual questions about the case, her case and trial were never national news of any duration other than on cable TV, and very few folks, including locals, even bothered to stop and gawk in or outside the courtroom during PP2.

Other than her apparently natural and prodigious ability to lie and to torment, the killer is entirely unremarkable, inside and out, IMO.

JM, on the other hand....what an extraordinary trial attorney! No wonder defense attorneys in Phoenix don't like him. No doubt they dread going up against him because he'd make just about any of them look amateurish in comparison.

I hope he sells a ton of books, and for myself, I hope he's written about how he prepped for his tour de force cross of that smirking who thought she bested him, all the while repeatedly falling into his traps, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieV