Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been visited before but given the area she was in and available towers for certain carriers, this one should have been the relay. It is in Suffolk, so even if she said she was at Jones Beach - this tower should have told the 911 center otherwise. Unless she was not in Oak Beach when she called but was further west. Then its possible she hit the Gilgo tower (Sba Towers V LLC
West Gilgo Beach (Ny15393-a)
Babylon, NY).

L.I. Tower Network Inc.
Overlook Beach, Ocean Parkway,
Oak Beach, NY

Except that not all cell towers serve all cell carriers. L.I. Tower Network Inc. serves Verizon and back in 2010 may or may not have served other companies.

I have stood literally next to a Verizon tower without cell service because my carrier did not have a roaming agreement with Verizon to allow my cell to utilize their network.

Does anyone have any proof what cell company SG subscribed to?

Jones Beach is a state park, so if she stated she was there - the call should have been routed to the state police dispatch.

"... And that led to a 911 call which went to our operator initially, but she had no idea where she was and all she remembered was Jones Beach on her way out there. And once she relayed that she thought she was at or near Jones Beach, that call was relayed to the New York State Police, and she was on the phone for about 18 minutes and then she was disconnected."

http://legis.suffolkcountyny.gov/clerk/cmeet/ps/2011/PS050511.pdf

Unfortunately you can't just roll someone into the spot where SG was found. She either ran to that spot or was carried there.

I've been reading through some of the SC Safety Committee Meeting minutes, and during the Dec 15 1011 meeting Dormer says, "Her body could not have been dumped in where she was found -- if it is her, and we believe it's her -- from Ocean Parkway. You couldn't get through the brush, it's that thick."

So, the brush was too thick for the killer to dump her but yet they want us to believe it was not too thick for her (shoe-less and half-dressed) to run through?? This must be one dainty little killer and SG must've been a brute.

If she wasn't rolled and she didn't get there on her own, then we're back to... atv's?, the tracks?... ??

http://legis.suffolkcountyny.gov/clerk/cmeet/ps/2011/PS121511.pdf

I've been reading through some of the SC Safety Committee Meeting minutes, and during the Dec 15 1011 meeting Dormer says, "Her body could not have been dumped in where she was found -- if it is her, and we believe it's her -- from Ocean Parkway. You couldn't get through the brush, it's that thick."

So, the brush was too thick for the killer to dump her but yet they want us to believe it was not too thick for her (shoe-less and half-dressed) to run through?? This must be one dainty little killer and SG must've been a brute.

If she wasn't rolled and she didn't get there on her own, then we're back to... atv's?, the tracks?... ??

http://legis.suffolkcountyny.gov/clerk/cmeet/ps/2011/PS121511.pdf

Atv's and tracks wouldn't be to far fetched. I've personally stayed clear of those theories for my own reasons. But it is starting to seem that that would be more and more likely.

I'm surprised they didn't mention a helicopter or catapult theory as to how her body got in there.

Has anyone actually visited the location and looked at these 'trails' from OB (not OP) into the area she was found? Really spent some time looking at these? Google maps can only do so much and all the footage I've seen doesn't explore all paths to her final resting place.

I'm surprised they didn't mention a helicopter or catapult theory as to how her body got in there.

Has anyone actually visited the location and looked at these 'trails' from OB (not OP) into the area she was found? Really spent some time looking at these? Google maps can only do so much and all the footage I've seen doesn't explore all paths to her final resting place.

No, I haven't. Have you? It would be nice to hear some insight to what these tracks where like.
But now that I think about it if the water was high then I guess it would be kind of hard to bring an avt into it depending on how high the water was.

I haven't seen OB in person, just bits the media used. Maybe someone from the area can go shoot some pictures and do a little report?

Posted yesterdayjan 14, 2014 on youtube.

In the beginning of the video there is Info/interview by SCPD detective telling what and who was heard on the 911 call:
Michael Pak, Joseph Brewer and also SGs encounter with Coletti.

I had not seen/heard this part of the 48 Hour Mystery video:

[video=youtube;-pVEYkJYK9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pVEYkJYK9k[/video]

Ca 29 minutes into the video it is stated that police says that both Pak and Brewer passed polygraphs.

At 31:40 there is a screenshot of phonerecords that Peter Hacket DID call Mari Gilbert May 3rd !!!

And...the last 5-10 minutes of the video is interesting, with some new info concerning the SG case.

FOREIGNER, if memory serves me right on the video the Chief of Detectives mentions she was heard screaming for her life, or screaming she thought she was going to be killed. A month or so after SG was found a SCPD homicide detective wrote a letter to Newsday and stated he heard the tape and could find no instance of SG acting in a panicked state.

The solution to this apparent contradiction is to play the tape. Redact the names, if necessary to protect the innocent, but play the tape and let the people decide who is telling the truth. If the detective didn't tell the truth then let us hear it. If he wasn't telling the truth then the next questions are: Why did he write that letter and who told him, if anyone did, to write the letter.

I was in that business for 29 years. One thing I do know that no detective I ever worked with would take it upon themselves to write such a letter to a major newspaper.

FOREIGNER, if memory serves me right on the video the Chief of Detectives mentions she was heard screaming for her life, or screaming she thought she was going to be killed. A month or so after SG was found a SCPD homicide detective wrote a letter to Newsday and stated he heard the tape and could find no instance of SG acting in a panicked state.

The solution to this apparent contradiction is to play the tape. Redact the names, if necessary to protect the innocent, but play the tape and let the people decide who is telling the truth. If the detective didn't tell the truth then let us hear it. If he wasn't telling the truth then the next questions are: Why did he write that letter and who told him, if anyone did, to write the letter.

I was in that business for 29 years. One thing I do know that no detective I ever worked with would take it upon themselves to write such a letter to a major newspaper.

I have never been in that business, Hawk, but even as a layman, I find that VERY strange.

For some people in SCPD it is just another day in the 'neighborhood' for Mr.Rogers. The only Media outlet on LI worth mentioning is lorded over by a kook. Nothing is ever going to happen with this case, or most any others until such time other news agencies get fully involved. It must be an unrelenting barrage of stories to shake these people out from their sewers to be exposed to the light of truth.

Why do you think he paid a $200M premium for a print media that was going under - as most of them are?

I couldn´t agree moore!

And he "SCPD homicide detective who wrote a letter to Newsday and stated he heard the tape and could find no instance of SG acting in a panicked state." should be confronted with "the Chief of Detectives who mentions she was heard screaming for her life, or screaming she thought she was going to be killed."
And be asked to explain HOW this completely contradictional interpretation came about.

Actually it sould be the head of SCPD who should be confronted and asked to explain HOW come two of their detectives give two TOTALY contradictional opinions on this 911 tape.

One of thise two detetctives are LYING, and the one lying should be investigated concerning WHY he was lying and WHO ordered him to do so, and WHY???

Anyone remember what was the name of the detective " who wrote a letter to Newsday and stated he heard the tape and could find no instance of SG acting in a panicked state." ?

Anyone remember what was the name of the detective " who wrote a letter to Newsday and stated he heard the tape and could find no instance of SG acting in a panicked state." ?

Vincent Stephan -The letter was published January 2012, and he retired soon thereafter as they had a party at the West Lake Inn to celebrate May 2012.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...r-shannan-1.3473520+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/scpdretirees/conversations/topics/6017

hmmm.... is this the same detective mentioned here?:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/detective-s-comment-draws-call-for-mistrial-1.3809993

and here?:
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=3580257

I couldn´t agree moore!

And he "SCPD homicide detective who wrote a letter to Newsday and stated he heard the tape and could find no instance of SG acting in a panicked state." should be confronted with "the Chief of Detectives who mentions she was heard screaming for her life, or screaming she thought she was going to be killed."
And be asked to explain HOW this completely contradictional interpretation came about.

Actually it sould be the head of SCPD who should be confronted and asked to explain HOW come two of their detectives give two TOTALY contradictional opinions on this 911 tape.

One of thise two detetctives are LYING, and the one lying should be investigated concerning WHY he was lying and WHO ordered him to do so, and WHY???

He could put this in the briefs.
There is evidence of conflicting statements regarding that 911 call.

I couldn´t agree moore!

By all accounts, Det.Stephan does have the reputation of being a pretty good detective.

He was the same detective that was charged with the investigation into the murder of Peter Ghattas - 9/24/03. That murder remains unsolved to this very day although I believe they have a pretty good idea who pulled the trigger. That person is doing 40 plus years in a federal prison for drug dealing and weapons charges. Best information I have on this matter is that person did not admit to the murder of Ghattas.

Stephan wrote the letter to Newsday about the 911 call. And he was the lead detective for the Ghattas homicide. There is one common denominator in both case, IMHO, it is Chief of Department James Burke.

There are at least three suspects in the Ghattas murder: The guy that is in federal prison and the other guy who was Burke's neighbor from 1998-2002.

The neighbor was used as a witness in my son in law's case. He copped out to ONLY 38 violent felonies. While doing so he was heavily engaged in a wide-scaled mortgage fraud scheme in Boca Raton, FL. He is no longer swindling people in Florida because after I revealed his record to the authorities in Florida where he was completing his 5 years probation for the crimes he admitted to in LI, he was sent back to NY..

His deal to escape jail was to testify 'truthfully' in the SIL case. He was caught in many lies of significant importance. The jury guffawed each time he was caught lying. But the jury convicted anyway.

It is important to note that the neighbor of Burke's was giving information to the cops and DA about Burke's neighbor. He was murdered only 3 weeks to the day he was brought to the DA office where Burke ran the investigations.

On 10/23/03, three detectives went to Florida to bring the neighbor back for investigation on a material witness warrant. I believe that Spota didn't want to chance having three detectives to get a free shot at the neighbor. Spota sent ADA Pr to accompany them to Florida. He did so to ensure the detectives would not ask the neighbor any questions about anything to do with the SCPD. The neighbor invoked his rights to counsel. Pr was sent there to make sure his rights weren't 'violated.'

The neighbor said his lawyer was Raymond P. RP ran for DA last year.

P has thrown an annual party on Pr's 47' fishing yacht next to the Oakland Marina. All the 'right people' are invited. Needless to say I don't get an invitation.

EVERYBODY who is ANYBODY in Suffolk County knows what goes on at that party. The FBI knows that, too. And they don't do a damned thing about it.

Hawkshaw...trying to follow how you connect Burke to SG's 911 call?
I realize you are bringing in the history of the politics but how do the dots connect? Simply, please. TY:please:

I'll try to get there with it. OK, I realize this is a stretch. I will get to it a little bit later. I just didn't want you to think I am avoiding the issue. You have to take a lot of it on faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06