Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo All,

Morning nap in tact -- ready to rage against the hours and minutes that a perp is not incarcerated...

Threats...

We now have it from what we feel is a relatively good source that a detective neighbor saw these. BUT...do we know that these were turned in to the police? I'm not sure, but I hope so.

IF those threats "were" turned in and put on file, then just maybe the printout of them (if printed and not cut/paste) will show the funny "k" or "d" (or some other letter) unique to a particular printer (or some other oddity that can be matched to the printer) which might have been in the JMM house that the Coleman's used to live in. And, while thinking, was that house visited on a regular basis by a certain car?

Thinking out loud...were those notes in an envelope? Were there more of those envelopes (or more of that paper) in that house? In the "love lair" house (which I think must be a different house -- maybe in Springfield? would you have a romantic hideaway there?)

One of our buddies wrote:
>>If the threats really did say, "keep doing this and your family will be dead."<<

Was that our clue about what the notes said?

Either way... Hopefully there are printers and computers and packages of paper and/or envelopes being examined by forensics and put into evidence wrapping that one up.

W

The threats could have been real and being there was more than one (we don't know the exact number)...it still doesn't appear that LE, JMM, or the Colemans were able to determine where they originated. LE said they could not even determine if a crime was committed which tells me the letters/notes left them suspicious, but with no clues.

Someone mentioned that the threats could have been sent through the postal service, but this wouldn't make any sense. The camera would not be set up to catch the postman delivering mail. Obviously, the camera did not capture anyone near or in the mailbox or Chris would have called LE. (They would then have evidence of a crime.)

It would be easy to determine if he is using the prior threats (if they were real and handwritten) by a handwriting analysis on the messages left on the wall/walls. DNA, fingerprints, and style of writing can also help determine if they were from a stranger or from Chris. (I am hoping he used a computer and printer from work so they can nail him if he was the one leaving the threats.)

I keep hanging on to a hope that the threats were fake & he gets caught like other killer husbands before him who thought they could get away with it.

It would sure be nice to know if the letters were actually mailed or just put into the mailbox!

I keep hanging on to a hope that the threats were fake & he gets caught like other killer husbands before him who thought they could get away with it.

It would sure be nice to know if the letters were actually mailed or just put into the mailbox!

I would think they were hand delivered, Why put a camera just to get evidence your mail person delivered it with all your mail.Makes more sense to have camera pointed at mail box to see who was leaving them.JMO

Hallo All,

>>If the threats really did say, "keep doing this and your family will be dead."<<

Either way... Hopefully there are printers and computers and packages of paper and/or envelopes being examined by forensics and put into evidence wrapping that one up.

W

I figured they said that because the note on the wall, supposedly said "I told you this would happen." What happened? CC's family was killed. Then the "this" in the note was his family being killed. Meaning that it could be seen as this now "I told you {your family being killed} would happen." Well, someone would have had to threaten CC that his family would have died, for this statement to say "I told you". So now, its "I threatened you before about your family being killed and now it happened." So, at least one of the notes, in a logical deduction, would have had to say something along the lines of, "do this and yoru family will wind up dead". However I think it was much more than just hearsay. If any of you go outside and try playing hopscotch during a stampede of wild elephants, you may be dead. That is true, but what makes the note on the wall strange, is that it says "I told you." Now "we" or "us", but "I". So, then what if the letters said "If you don't stop this, I will kill your family" ?

it appears this regular poster on PD is quoting someone else's post and replying to it .. I've searced several of the recent articles for the original post but have yet to find it ... the poster is probably from JMM ... she/he states a different angle (from the inside, so to say) on Chris' termination:

thamnosma May 15, 2009 1:31PM CST
And I can tell you something else. Chris is innocent. The only reason he had to resign was the media and people like you want to make Joyce look bad on TV. He resigned out of LOYALTY, something none of you people know anything about.

And maybe he use one of Joyce's prayer houses in Florida without paying, which is the rules. So maybe he felt bad about that a bit.

I'm just disgusted at all you people jumping to conclusions. The police aren't even following him. If they don't care, why should you?

Get a life.
OMG! This is NOT about Joyce. This is not about making her look bad anywhere. This tells me something about the mindset of people who are following JMM, imo. They are more willing to protect her than find justice for Sheri and her boys (who were also dedicated members of the club following JMM!).

Hallo All,

Morning nap in tact -- ready to rage against the hours and minutes that a perp is not incarcerated...

Threats...

We now have it from what we feel is a relatively good source that a detective neighbor saw these. BUT...do we know that these were turned in to the police? I'm not sure, but I hope so.

IF those threats "were" turned in and put on file, then just maybe the printout of them (if printed and not cut/paste) will show the funny "k" or "d" (or some other letter) unique to a particular printer (or some other oddity that can be matched to the printer) which might have been in the JMM house that the Coleman's used to live in. And, while thinking, was that house visited on a regular basis by a certain car?

Thinking out loud...were those notes in an envelope? Were there more of those envelopes (or more of that paper) in that house? In the "love lair" house (which I think must be a different house -- maybe in Springfield? would you have a romantic hideaway there?)

W

I hope so too...with printer technology these days, forensics can link a printout to a specific printer....newer printers put "code" on every sheet that's printed and it can include the date of printout, not just make/model/serial# of the printer! :eek:....big brother type stuff actually. :eek:

We checked out a fairly inexpensive Deskjet printer here at work a few years ago & found the "invisible dots" !!

Hopefully, whoever sent the 'threat' letters was not aware of this...here's a link to more info if you want to read about the secret code:

http://www.eff.org/issues/printers

Hi,

Thankfully, I'm no criminal -- but the lawyering up mere hours after the murder confuses me. How do you retain a lawyer so fast unless you researched in advance? Do ya just flip open the yellow pages and say eenie-meanie-miney-moe? Don't most lawyers want to speak with you first?

Or, did he already have an attorney prior to the murders (again, that would be odd to me too).

Do we know anything about the attornies? Are they part of the ministry, and that's how he got his hands on them so quick?

Darn - too many unanswered questions.

Best,

Mel

Helloe! My understanding is that the Margulis firm is the biggest criminal defense team in the area, so they are very, very well known. There have been reports, although not official, that either JMM helped him retain the attorneys or Chris' father did but we don't really know at this time. He apparently retianed these attorneys right AFTER the murders.

Can a legal eagle help me please? Is this restraining order just in regards to the bodies of Sherri and the boys, or is it an order against CC to protect the whole family?

http://www.ksdk.com/news/pdfs/colemanaffidavit.pdf

The restraining order was for the bodies only to compel Chris to stick to his initial agreement to allow the family to transport them to their hometown for vitisation/memorial.

Um, I'm not so sure I agree with what you wrote here. He did what he should have done; namely, report it to the police and put up surveillance equipment. Given his background in security, and the fact he was a former Marine, I would think to some degree he would have been a little dismissive (i.e., "I can handle this" or "No one will tell me what to do!").

You cannot run and hide from everything. His job was the support for him and his family. Whose to say that once he quit, the threats would actually cease, and all would be well? And what would he do then? Especially, if his family did have some financial issues?

As for attempts on JM's life, I'm not sure we would be privy to that information. Public attempts? Sure. But, would we really know all the crazy letters she receives on a routine basis? Doubtful. I'm sure the President of the United States gets threatening and crazy letters all the time too, but we do not know about it.

I think you can't have it both ways. Either Chris was a bit dismissive towards the threats or he was so freaked out by them that he just had to keep calling his family moments after he left the house and then call 911 when he could not reach them. By the way, we have seen this pattern in murders by a husband/father before: "I tried to call but could not reach them. Can you check?"

I'm having a hard time figuring out why anybody would really be threatening this family....they aren't rich, they don't appear to be involved in anything criminal. I mean, how often does that really happen, where folks get threatening letters...usually only in the movies.

Couldn't LE get DNA off of the stamps (if there are stamps) or from someone licking the envelope to seal it?

I figured they said that because the note on the wall, supposedly said "I told you this would happen." What happened? CC's family was killed. Then the "this" in the note was his family being killed. Meaning that it could be seen as this now "I told you {your family being killed} would happen." Well, someone would have had to threaten CC that his family would have died, for this statement to say "I told you". So now, its "I threatened you before about your family being killed and now it happened." So, at least one of the notes, in a logical deduction, would have had to say something along the lines of, "do this and yoru family will wind up dead". However I think it was much more than just hearsay. If any of you go outside and try playing hopscotch during a stampede of wild elephants, you may be dead. That is true, but what makes the note on the wall strange, is that it says "I told you." Now "we" or "us", but "I". So, then what if the letters said "If you don't stop this, I will kill your family" ?

That's been my line of logic, Artie. "I told you this (murder) of your family would happen"

Helloe! My understanding is that the Margulis firm is the biggest criminal defense team in the area, so they are very, very well known. There have been reports, although not official, that either JMM helped him retain the attorneys or Chris' father did but we don't really know at this time. He apparently retianed these attorneys right AFTER the murders.

The restraining order was for the bodies only to compel Chris to stick to his initial agreement to allow the family to transport them to their hometown for vitisation/memorial.

I think you can't have it both ways. Either Chris was a bit dismissive towards the threats or he was so freaked out by them that he just had to keep calling his family moments after he left the house and then call 911 when he could not reach them. By the way, we have seen this pattern in murders by a husband/father before: "I tried to call but could not reach them. Can you check?"

If he was freaked out,I would think he was constantly calling home on his overnight shift don't think wonder it he only worried about them well exercising....:rolleyes:

I think we are all intrigued by what was/is on CC's mind if TOD puts him @ the house, doubletrouble....I mean, just because his brother is LE & dad is a preacher, I don't see him thinking that a TOD that puts him in the house (e.g., TOD is 3-4 a.m.) is gonna be a good thing....how does he explain that away?

Unless TOD is between 5-5:30 a.m....then he could say that SODDI & the ME has the TOD off by X amount of minutes.....just something I've been mulling over.

And the drugging them so he could do the deed....he's got to know that would show up in a tox screen.

Could CC really think he could do these things & explain them all away?? I know it happens every day, but does that fit in his case that he would have an explanation for sooooo much??

Makes my head hurt to try to think like a sociopath (even if it's not CC whoever killed the Colemans is evil). LOL

IMHO and FWIW, I'm thinking that if the TOD is close to just before he left, but definitely prior to 5:30, of course the def will jump all over it. But you have to think like a juror here. You could believe an error of give or take a few minutes here or there for ONE body, but NOT THREE. IF all THREE bodies indicate an earlier TOD, he's toast!:behindbar

JMHO
fran

That's been my line of logic, Artie. "I told you this (murder) of your family would happen"

I believe that was the same line of logic CC was following.To bad he never read about all the other guys who got caught using this same logic.

OMG! This is NOT about Joyce. This is not about making her look bad anywhere. This tells me something about the mindset of people who are following JMM, imo. They are more willing to protect her than find justice for Sheri and her boys (who were also dedicated members of the club following JMM!).

thamnosma May 15, 2009 1:31PM CST
And I can tell you something else. Chris is innocent. The only reason he had to resign was the media and people like you want to make Joyce look bad on TV. He resigned out of LOYALTY, something none of you people know anything about.

And maybe he use one of Joyce's prayer houses in Florida without paying, which is the rules. So maybe he felt bad about that a bit.
I'm just disgusted at all you people jumping to conclusions. The police aren't even following him. If they don't care, why should you?

Get a life.

My bold....This post was just laughable SS.....if the "bold" part is true, then someone lied about his breaking policy.

Now - that doesn't look so good either -- JMM and/or CC lying.

I give that post a big fat 'Fail' :)

If he was freaked out,I would think he was constantly calling home on his overnight shift don't think wonder it he only worried about them well exercising....:rolleyes:

This leads us back to...the phone records. Was it a pattern for CC to call home many times during the night, in the morning, etc. It will come out eventually...phone records tell a story in themselves as we all know by now!!! I wanna see those records now please :)

I was checking comments and sure seems like the locals who were saying no way CC did it are vanishing quickly.Not a good sign for CC.

I bet Tham & Morgan F are Freepers having fun. The humor is just like typical freeper humor. It is odd that they are not following this story over at FR. (well maybe they are but I have not seen the thread yet)

I'm having a hard time figuring out why anybody would really be threatening this family....they aren't rich, they don't appear to be involved in anything criminal. I mean, how often does that really happen, where folks get threatening letters...usually only in the movies.

Couldn't LE get DNA off of the stamps (if there are stamps) or from someone licking the envelope to seal it?

He was the bodyguard for Meyer. Perhaps someone wanted a meeting with her .. as her bodyguard and, what I'd originally read, "head of security", perhaps Coleman had been instrumental in the decision to block this person's access to Joyce as they somehow felt there was a potential for harm.

There's lots of whackos out there .. .with agendas that boggle the mind.

And it could be inferred that the longer the person was denied access, the more their anger towards Coleman grew.

Hello Gitana :blowkiss:

Have been appreciating what you have been writing.

Interesting point -- if someone was freaked out about threats to their family, I think they would have bent all heaven and hell to get their family away from where they could be found. Don't think they would have been out of town much without their family having been safely tucked away somewhere that they could be reasonably assured they would not be found.

A phone call minutes after leaving their presence, while being out of town here, and going to the gym there, would not have been a person "freaked out" about keeping their family in safety. Doesn't wash for me.

As I wrote many days ago, there were probably many places that a man who had a wife like Sheri could have sent her and the children to be safe (India, Africa, podunk somewhere in a romantic hideaway, with thousands of people who loved her all over the place) -- that just didn't happen. School as a reason to not pluck the kids away? They were in football? No...all this is meaningless if their lives are threatened, you get the threatened to safety and they were obviously not! Why...perhaps because the threat to their safety was from the person who could have put them in safety.

W

He was the bodyguard for Meyer. Perhaps someone wanted a meeting with her .. as her bodyguard and, what I'd originally read, "head of security", perhaps Coleman had been instrumental in the decision to block this person's access to Joyce as they somehow felt there was a potential for harm.

There's lots of whackos out there .. .with agendas that boggle the mind.

And it could be inferred that the longer the person was denied access, the more their anger towards Coleman grew.

You won't let me see Joyce so I'm going to kill your family? Isn't that a little extreme?

You won't let me see Joyce so I'm going to kill your family? Isn't that a little extreme?

Not if there was felt the person wanting to see Joyce could be an imminent threat to her.

Security and body guards are charged with the safe-keeping of their "charges"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member