Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did an outstanding job to go from zero to the SA's office with proof in 11 days! BRAVO, MCS!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I wish more of the smaller LE agencies across the country had the opportunity to use this kind of expertise and knowledge when faced with high profile cases. Bringing them in intially is key to a successful resolution. Too many cases are botched from the onset by an agency who is not accustomed to handling murders and other major crimes.

They did an outstanding job to go from zero to the SA's office with proof in 11 days! BRAVO, MCS!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I wish more of the smaller LE agencies across the country had the opportunity to use this kind of expertise and knowledge when faced with high profile cases. Bringing them in intially is key to a successful resolution. Too many cases are botched from the onset by an agency who is not accustomed to handling murders and other major crimes.

I totally agree with every word. :woohoo:

Hmm...it would still show up in her tox screen, but it wouldn't be out of the norm for an adult to take such a drug. The boys are a different story. I still don't see it tho.

I think he acted in a premeditated fashion, but without raising Sheri's suspicions until he was attacking her. I think the screaming will coincide with the approximate TOD (around 3:00-4:00 am) leaving him in the house until 5:43 am.

I do not think he drugged his sons,Just Sheri she would have put up a fight and would have known how to defend herself against her attacker.

I can't believe I finally caught up, after 2 days of reading this thread. Whew!

I think he might have given her a sleeping aid,if he over dosed her it would show up in the toxicology report and I think it would be harder to pin it on a stranger.If she knew about motive then I would think she was not gonna be in the mood so it might have enraged him.I would think he would have been acting very sorry and guilty to try to save his *ss at work.If Sheri knew I would think one of the first things she would have said was I am telling JMM.Who wants an unemployed disgraced loser, he would have lost a lot in his mind if she ratted him out.

hi all...i must admit that i have not as of yet read ALL the posts..forgive me if this has been mentioned...but i think critical will be what the M.E determines to be the time of death...if they were murdered during the night...that will be telling..as in before c.c left...however if they were just murdered...that will be also a different thought....just my two cents is all...ty for allowing me to share:confused:

Originally Posted by chestergal: Odd that they know he left the house at 5:43am - how do they know this? (did the camera to the subdivision pick up his SUV on camera or did his own security camera catch him leaving? or did he make a cell call when he left and a local tower picked it up?
Great point. They are very specific. If we are to believe his camera had been somehow disabled or the dvr attached to it was taken, wouldn't it have to be the camera at the entrance? Either that or they have an eyewitness who saw him leave the house at that exact time.

His cell phone pings would be able to pinpoint when he left the neighborhood traveling, but would not be able to determine how long he was in the neighborhood and outside the house.

hi all...i must admit that i have not as of yet read ALL the posts..forgive me if this has been mentioned...but i think critical will be what the M.E determines to be the time of death...if they were murdered during the night...that will be telling..as in before c.c left...however if they were just murdered...that will be also a different thought....just my two cents is all...ty for allowing me to share:confused:
Yes, DoubleT~ It will be critical in this case. I only hope the ME can narrow it down to fend off a defense expert witness' testimony when it comes to determining the TOD. This could prove to be difficult if they were killed very close to when he left the house.

Just to play devil's advocate, it would be much harder to frame him if he was really at work. Someone there would have to know if he left at any point, so the imaginary perpetrator might have to do it when he was actually supposed to be anywhere but at home. Not thinking he was framed, just supposing.

I was thinking more along the lines of the sinister "framer" getting inside the home quickly after CC left for work...this would put TOD at/about the time CC leaves, yet leave the perp more than 60-70 minutes to find his inner artist..er, can of spray paint, paint message(s) on the walls, remove the DVR from its hiding place, etc.

Hopefully some one had to see some thing that may help police.Being on Twitter it might be easier for police to get that info.Crossing my fingers.

I was thinking more along the lines of the sinister "framer" getting inside the home quickly after CC left for work...this would put TOD at/about the time CC leaves, yet leave the perp more than 60-70 minutes to find his inner artist..er, can of spray paint, paint message(s) on the walls, remove the DVR from its hiding place, etc.
LOL Inner artist. Thanks. I needed a good chuckle.

Now that I have heard all the thoughts, how about this one? Maybe the threats were real? Doesn't mean he didn't do it, just that he is using the threats as an out. Someone could have been threatening them, doesn't mean they followed through. I am not convinced yet that he is a Mark Jensen type planner. More spur of the moment, but don't have anything to back it up, just my impressions. JMO of course.

I was checking comments and sure seems like the locals who were saying no way CC did it are vanishing quickly.Not a good sign for CC.

Now that I have heard all the thoughts, how about this one? Maybe the threats were real? Doesn't mean he didn't do it, just that he is using the threats as an out. Someone could have been threatening them, doesn't mean they followed through. I am not convinced yet that he is a Mark Jensen type planner. More spur of the moment, but don't have anything to back it up, just my impressions. JMO of course.

Someone from the neighborhood has posted that the threats were seen by a detective who lives across the street from Coleman and that the threats had been turned over to LE.

Someone from the neighborhood has posted that the threats were seen by a detective who lives across the street from Coleman and that the threats had been turned over to LE.

Yes it's true they were on paper still does not mean CC was not behind it.

I think we are all intrigued by what was/is on CC's mind if TOD puts him @ the house, doubletrouble....I mean, just because his brother is LE & dad is a preacher, I don't see him thinking that a TOD that puts him in the house (e.g., TOD is 3-4 a.m.) is gonna be a good thing....how does he explain that away?

Unless TOD is between 5-5:30 a.m....then he could say that SODDI & the ME has the TOD off by X amount of minutes.....just something I've been mulling over.

And the drugging them so he could do the deed....he's got to know that would show up in a tox screen.

Could CC really think he could do these things & explain them all away?? I know it happens every day, but does that fit in his case that he would have an explanation for sooooo much??

Makes my head hurt to try to think like a sociopath (even if it's not CC whoever killed the Colemans is evil). LOL

The threats could have been real and being there was more than one (we don't know the exact number)...it still doesn't appear that LE, JMM, or the Colemans were able to determine where they originated. LE said they could not even determine if a crime was committed which tells me the letters/notes left them suspicious, but with no clues.

Someone mentioned that the threats could have been sent through the postal service, but this wouldn't make any sense. The camera would not be set up to catch the postman delivering mail. Obviously, the camera did not capture anyone near or in the mailbox or Chris would have called LE. (They would then have evidence of a crime.)

It would be easy to determine if he is using the prior threats (if they were real and handwritten) by a handwriting analysis on the messages left on the wall/walls. DNA, fingerprints, and style of writing can also help determine if they were from a stranger or from Chris. (I am hoping he used a computer and printer from work so they can nail him if he was the one leaving the threats.)

I was thinking along those lines. What if he really received a threat and ran with it? It might have planted an idea in his head. He might have used that threat to begin planning something knowing that there was a viable threat out there he could use for his alibi.

it appears this regular poster on PD is quoting someone else's post and replying to it .. I've searced several of the recent articles for the original post but have yet to find it ... the poster is probably from JMM ... she/he states a different angle (from the inside, so to say) on Chris' termination:

thamnosma May 15, 2009 1:31PM CST
And I can tell you something else. Chris is innocent. The only reason he had to resign was the media and people like you want to make Joyce look bad on TV. He resigned out of LOYALTY, something none of you people know anything about.

And maybe he use one of Joyce's prayer houses in Florida without paying, which is the rules. So maybe he felt bad about that a bit.

I'm just disgusted at all you people jumping to conclusions. The police aren't even following him. If they don't care, why should you?

Get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member