Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a great fan of Michael Baden, and truly trust his judgement. He's world renowned.

Sources said Baden looked over the autopsies in the Coleman case and would be willing to testify to the fact the time of death for the victims was most likely before 3 a.m. and no later than 5 a.m., which would put Chris Coleman at home at the time of the murders. This was just the final piece in a complex array of evidence that allowed prosecutors to move forward with charges.

This puts CC at the crime scene, using ligature strangulation. This has to be the most painful way to die. And he did this to his own wife and children.

Is there no greater evil?

:confused:

Mel

He is beyond EVIL and I am hoping they bring the death penalty back.

I would like to know this, too. I say he came up with a similar TOD and Dr. Baden's report was like a second opinion. Maybe the local coroner wasn't used at all tho. Maybe the MCS decided to hand it over to Dr. Baden to begin with instead of the local ME.

We know what a problem existed with the Coroner's Inquest in IL's Kathleen Savio case. It is possible they did not want to risk a mistake in this case, too. The biggest issue is having people who are not MDs or in any way qualified to make determinations. Then again...they may not have needed an inquest since there was no way this could have been an accident.

It's a she, Julie Gummersheimer. Elected in 2000, not sure of her career before that point... yet.

Not trying to sound all "Miss California" ... We are all afforded the right to an adequate defense ... I am thankful for that. I revere The Constitution! however, God didn't write The Constitution ... and one day, I personally believe, that there will be a judgment by the Most High. I can only say that I would hate to be your average criminal defense attorney on that day!!!! Just saying, is all ...
LOL @ the Miss CA reference. Good one!

Yes. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes when the Big Guy starts marking off their lies. Oooooo...hot...hotter....hottest. I have never known a defense Lia...er...lawyer that professed to be totally honest (and I have known many!).

True. Instead of a divorce, some men have grown to believe it is easier to kill and/or dispose of their wives and family. Stacy Peterson, Lisa Stebic, and many others have fallen victims to this type of thinking. The really disturbing part is how many men are still walking free and there has not been enough evidence to charge them yet. Maybe they are the reason it seems like a good idea and others feel they can get away with it.

One is Joey Benton of Cross Plains, Tenn. You can meet his dad on Topix...the link is in my sig line. And that's just one that I've found out about by being on WS. There are quite a few others!!!

:furious:

Hallo Bluenotes,

Is there a sad, but relieved dancing on the street in your household tonight?

I live in Missouri so I don't hear people talking about it as much as when I am in Columbia. My wife and I were happy to hear the news though. Also when I was at the grocery store a little while ago, the clerk and a customer in front of me were talking about the news and the clerk said, "I hope someone shanks him in prison for killing those kids."

No disrespect for the victims, but seriously dude, worst attempted cover up of a crime ever! Geez!

That's what has me thinking it wasn't premeditation. How could someone be that STOOPID. My thought is the defense will go for insanity (JMOO) -- what else can they come up with (other than "some other dude did it)??

Best,

Melanie

To follow up on defense trying to prove inexperienced LE... Sorry but the MCS is comprised of "the best of the best" in the Metro area. They call out detectives that specialize is several different areas of LE and CSI who know what they see when they see it. These aren't rookies on this case!!! These guys are PROVEN investigators who are driven to seek the truth and to seek justice for the victims.

Plus they have local attorneys providing them legal advice.

IIRC correctly MCS was activated immediately and on the scene very shortly after the discovery was made. I can only assume from knowing some of these local LE's that they were smart enough to not do a thing other than make sure the victims were actually deceased, and not needing medical attention, before MCS was called.

Good luck to Artie & Billy, but it just won't fly... JMHO.

Chief Edwards had MCS called right away. I saw the report on P-D right after the story broke, but I can't find it now.

Chief Edwards had MCS called right away. I saw the report on P-D right after the story broke, but I can't find it now.

I know it was immediately they were called, and were there very, very fast. Heck from downtown it's a very quick drive. What's the saying "In STL you're 20 minutes from anywhere" ... or used to be before 40 construction ;-)

FWIW, someone posted the 'threat' letters were found on CC's home computer....Bluenotes already told us this.

gmh6419 wrote:
ATTENTION; A significant "nail in the coffin" of CC's defense is that CC's computer siezed from his house contains the "threats" that CC said came from a stranger. HE MADE THEM UP HIMSELF ON HIS OWN COMPUTER. Say goodnight Margulis.
5/20/2009 11:18 PM CDT on ksdk.com

CC's vengeful psycho 'framer' thought of everything -- and had enough time to plant a letter with the attributes to pass the muster of a computer forensics expert.

The VPF must have used a script or applet to make that happen really quickly....this perp was seriously into setting up CC.

:)

Yep, and just FYI I'm not gmh6419 from the P-D board.

One is Joey Benton of Cross Plains, Tenn. You can meet his dad on Topix...the link is in my sig line. And that's just one that I've found out about by being on WS. There are quite a few others!!!

Yup - and let us not forget Mark Hacking, or Neil Entwistle. Mark shot his pregnant wife in bed because he was a liar, and Neil killed his wife and darling baby, then went on line for internet sex.

Both said some other dude did it (while Mark was hauling the bloody mattress to the bin and running to the store to buy another). Neil OTOH decided a quick flight to England would keep authorities at bay. STOOPID even had the nerve to say his wife shot the baby and killed herself.

Sorry to ramble, but it really pi*&^s me off that CC is going for the not guilty plea.

Whatever happened to D. I. V. O. R. C. E.??

Best,

Melanie

That's what has me thinking it wasn't premeditation. How could someone be that STOOPID. My thought is the defense will go for insanity (JMOO) -- what else can they come up with (other than "some other dude did it)??

Best,

Melanie

I'm wondering if he *had* a plan, and for some reason couldn't execute it so he had to delay the evil deed...then something happened that caused him to 'just do it' & then he had to scramble for a very, very sloppy staging.

I can't get past TOD -- he *had* to have *known* that would be soooo problematic!!

Is his father anything like Casey A's mother? I think I will pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr