Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't, but I warned you guys a long time ago they would be searching for that one armed man. ;)

I agree. He "vanished" his wife and children to be free. Sheri and the boys were standing in his way of what he wanted. He thought he would not only get the attention of the grieving father/husband, but thought he would cash in at the same time. Free to start over in Florida...with Miss Motive.

A story that, sadly, is beginning to sound all too familiar!!

G'Evening Peeps!

Some interesting reading in this thread tonight ;-)

To support blue, I heard TOD on KSDK as well. He's toast! YAY!!!

A story that, sadly, is beginning to sound all too familiar!!
True. Instead of a divorce, some men have grown to believe it is easier to kill and/or dispose of their wives and family. Stacy Peterson, Lisa Stebic, and many others have fallen victims to this type of thinking. The really disturbing part is how many men are still walking free and there has not been enough evidence to charge them yet. Maybe they are the reason it seems like a good idea and others feel they can get away with it.

With the MCS coming into the case so early, they would lose those points anyway. There is nothing that an inexperienced force could have done to help the defense. They did not place the ligatures around their necks or mess with the TOD. All of the evidence collected by the MCS can withstand the scrutiny of his lawyers and expert witnesses, imo.

To follow up on defense trying to prove inexperienced LE... Sorry but the MCS is comprised of "the best of the best" in the Metro area. They call out detectives that specialize is several different areas of LE and CSI who know what they see when they see it. These aren't rookies on this case!!! These guys are PROVEN investigators who are driven to seek the truth and to seek justice for the victims.

I think that there must be something about the combination of desperation and perhaps sociopathy, that messes with that part of your brain that tells you when something is so ridiculous and contrived that it is beyond fathom to normal people! I guess it all goes back to the classic narcissism, we've all become well schooled on here at WS. These people actually think that they are so clever and "we" (LE, the public, etc.) are so dumb ... they can easily get away with murder!

True. Instead of a divorce, some men have grown to believe it is easier to kill and/or dispose of their wives and family. Stacy Peterson, Lisa Stebic, and many others have fallen victims to this type of thinking. The really disturbing part is how many men are still walking free and there has not been enough evidence to charge them yet. Maybe they are the reason it seems like a good idea and others feel they can get away with it.

To quote myself from earlier today ... what ever happened to going out for a pack of smokes and never coming back? ... I long for the good ol' days of dead beat dads (and moms)!

To follow up on defense trying to prove inexperienced LE... Sorry but the MCS is comprised of "the best of the best" in the Metro area. They call out detectives that specialize is several different areas of LE and CSI who know what they see when they see it. These aren't rookies on this case!!! These guys are PROVEN investigators who are driven to seek the truth and to seek justice for the victims.
I agree, but what the defense will concentrate on is when did MCS come into the investigation? What was done prior to their arrival?

I had a strange thought a while ago (I was out walking my dog) What if the words on the wall, something like "I told you this would happen" were meant for someone he told about his dilemma? Maybe he told someone he was "losing it" and they didn't realize how serious it was?

Well I strongly believe it was to cover his butt and set up his weak, ridiculous alibi... however if you want what ifs... what if it was a message to Miss Motive?

:laugh:

SS three words... wine burns nose!
Hey, I wanna know when people have sources! (And I want to know when people are taking sips of wine so I don't make them blow wine out of their nose when I am funny. hehehe :crazy:)

This answers a couple of questions!

That last minute break in the case came in the form of a second opinion from nationally-renown forensic expert Dr. Michael Baden.

Baden, the former Chief Medical Examiner of New York City, has served as an expert witness in several high profile cases, including the trials of O.J. Simpson, Kobe Bryant, Phil Spector, and others.

Sources said Baden looked over the autopsies in the Coleman case and would be willing to testify to the fact the time of death for the victims was most likely before 3 a.m. and no later than 5 a.m., which would put Chris Coleman at home at the time of the murders. This was just the final piece in a complex array of evidence that allowed prosecutors to move forward with charges.

And while investigators cannot directly address evidence, they did say their case is strong.

"We want to have a good investigation and a solid case and we're confident that we have that," said Major Jeff Connor, head of the Major Case Squad.

The Major Case Squad will spend another day or two tying up loose ends. They even received a few fresh tips following Coleman's arrest.

"We've handled half a dozen calls like that, nothing major," Connor said. "But just people that have now seen the attention and decided it would be best to call us about information."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/stor...=lPyz5XImDgejB3YuZEZdWVoJ74vvUWvLOBbZXxwsF4U=

(It also makes me right that it wasn't the glove! LOL)

I agree, but what the defense will concentrate on is when did MCS come into the investigation? What was done prior to their arrival?

IIRC correctly MCS was activated immediately and on the scene very shortly after the discovery was made. I can only assume from knowing some of these local LE's that they were smart enough to not do a thing other than make sure the victims were actually deceased, and not needing medical attention, before MCS was called.

Good luck to Artie & Billy, but it just won't fly... JMHO.

Good point! Do you have an idea of when they were called in?

EDIT: from MCS website, seems they were on the scene immediately or perhaps within an hour of the discovery of the bodies

Did anyone else catch that post at the PD that they were partially rigored when found?

The degree of callousness and detachment necessary to murder this family - the way LE says they were killed. I am wondering if CC was counting on LE looking exclusively outside the family, when he chose that method. I mean when I think of the time that it would take for him to kill each of them that way ... looking into their eyes ... I shudder! I trust that LE has what they need ... but if I were to put on the defense cap for a moment, I bet that will be a key issue that they hammer... and I can honestly see some jurors being unable to comprehend it -- outside of utter madness!

I want to know what's on the house surveillance LE viewed.

FWIW, someone posted the 'threat' letters were found on CC's home computer....Bluenotes already told us this.

gmh6419 wrote:
ATTENTION; A significant "nail in the coffin" of CC's defense is that CC's computer siezed from his house contains the "threats" that CC said came from a stranger. HE MADE THEM UP HIMSELF ON HIS OWN COMPUTER. Say goodnight Margulis.
5/20/2009 11:18 PM CDT on ksdk.com

CC's vengeful psycho 'framer' thought of everything -- and had enough time to plant a letter with the attributes to pass the muster of a computer forensics expert.

The VPF must have used a script or applet to make that happen really quickly....this perp was seriously into setting up CC.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member