Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MMM-Thanks for answering that question. I take back the possibility that Tara didn't know what was up in the Coleman marriage.

I understand you feel the need to peel away layers looking for why. I often feel the need to know why. My problem with that is Society as a whole has begun to blame others for the reason that criminals behave as they do. I just can not buy into that. Chris Coleman killed his family because he chose too. He may have felt entitled but I see that as a flaw in him not because of the way his employer ran her business. My husband grew up with an alcoholic father. He chose not to drink because he said he had to grow up in it but his children didn't. I grew up with a drug addict, I chose not to try drugs because I didn't want to take the chance of becoming a drug addict. I firmly believe that it comes down to choices. I don't know many people that had the Beaver Cleaver household but they are trying to have it for their children. Looking for blame elsewhere, to me, is giving Chris Coleman an excuse. I refuse to give him an excuse. He made his choice! He could have made different choices but he didn't.

:clap:

We haven't heard of any children that MM has.

About the Disney tickets found... when you prepurchase your Disney Tickets and/or when you make reservations to stay at a Disney Property they actually FedEx you your "Passport to the World" keys with the name of each individual person on the reservation printed on them. So if Sheri or one of the boys found them, they would know whether or not they were for them. I believe they were actually planning to go; but Sheri cancelled because she probably found out about MM.

I like your version better.

Well I would think there would be residual DNA from skin cells from the twine. It is very course and sturdy, and considering the way it would have been used in this case I'd bet dollars to donuts there's some DNA from one or more of them on there, you little devil you.

If the twine found was the murder weapon for even one victim (I personally believe he used his hands on his wife and the twine on the boys. He may have found using his hands to be too personal on the boys, or it was more difficult than he expected on Sherri). I imagine that he strangled Sherri from behind and that she clawed his forearm in the process of trying to defend herself.

But, if the twine was used in the crime and can be tied back to the house via the hay bales that will be significant regardless of DNA from CC. Then add that the murder weapon is found on the route that CC puts himself on that morning, very damning but not conclusive. They supposedly have a glove with what appears to be red spray paint on it, that will have DNA in it, there is no way around that. Think about how many skin cells you would leave behind peeling off a latex glove. Now add the possibility of them lifting a print from those gloves. The glove in and of itself could be a slamdunk in this case. But take the glove, add the twine, camera footage, the letters which will be proven to have been written by him, the money motive, the mistress.... he is done. I have read that there is no death penalty in his state so I don't see a plea deal, it is not like they are going to give him anything other than life so there is no real benefit to him making a plea.

Someone asked about the text messages, there are phones listed in the search warrant inventory list and there is the mistress that is talking to authorities. I would assume they downloaded those from the phones.

So my loosed lips buddies from LE the other night at the local pub were right. Sounds like they were not only sexting....every electronic form of communication was being "sexed".

We were speculating as soon as we heard about MM that some sexting was going on -- given the longdistance relationship & all...I mean, that's how it's done, right? LOL

Your inside info is always appreciated -- especially when it confirms what we have already guessed. :)

:blowkiss:

And having your tip confirmed seems to add one more nail in the coffin.

I hope this guy just pleads out soon for the sake of all who loved Sheri, Garett & Gavin.

On Tara's mothers myspace sheri had sent her a mothersday greetings so I would guess she was up to date on the marriage or could have asked if she cared.edit to add may 07
I don't have a screenshot of it, but the Mother's Day greeting from SC to TL's mother was dated May 2008.

If SC was in contact with TL's mother, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they were all still in contact with each other.

When I first saw that message, I didn't see the date and thought someone had logged into SC's account and posted it this year (after she was murdered).

She was saving her own behind IMO.:eek:

I think there is some of the mistress covering her own behind so as not to be pulled into it. But, I think there is a wide expanse between having the moral code that allows you sleep with a married man, a married man that is married to a woman you claim to be a friend of... I am not minimizing that... but there is a big jump to think that she knew he would kill his wife, kill his children, or that she would for a moment be involved in covering up such a crime.

I don't think anyone needs to applaud her for talking to the police and volunteering her computer and providing the new contact methods Chris is using, but those actions do seem to be of someone that had nothing to do with or any knowledge of harm coming to the family.

She seems like a shallow, lonely woman who doesn't think much of herself to, reflected by her actions and pinning her future on marrying a man that has shown you how sneaky he can be and how much he values his wife and family. She is fortunate in the fact that she saw how far he was willing to go to get what he wants before she was the new Mrs. and the new mom in his way. Had he been a bit smarter and actually pulled this off she would probably be a few years away from being the next victim.

If she was lawyered up and not cooperating I could place more anger and responsibility at her doorstep, but based on what I have seen I can't do that. The idea that Sherri and boys would be alive if she hadn't laid down with this guys is flawed logic to me. Chris wanted out and he didn't want to split assets, pay child support, or raise the boys. That wouldn't have changed whether he was F'ing this chick, another chick, or doing no one at all.

Worked for me!!

And the first PDF says CC told MM he'd be divorced by June 14th :shocked2:

what an an evil SoB.

Worked for me too (thank you original poster).

Do we know the significance of June 14th?
Do I just need caffiene and the answer is obvious?
Or what am I missing?

Worked for me too (thank you original poster).

Do we know the significance of June 14th?
Do I just need caffiene and the answer is obvious?
Or what am I missing?

dunno either....and June 14th is a Sunday.

CC's & Sheri's wedding anniversary would have been in August so looks like he was planning to end 'something' before that significant date rolled around - again.

Maybe someone else here can help.

ETA: I looked at the docs & CC didn't call MM until that evening - not the a.m. as was rumored

ETA2 -- or not?? help - I'm confused now. :)

I wonder if those threats stopped when CC went to jail? Or they could have been from people who knew about the case and were disgusted by her behavior.

Whose behavior? Sheri's? Maybe I've misinterpreted this. Could you please explain? TIA!

dunno either....and June 14th is a Sunday.

CC's & Sheri's wedding anniversary would have been in August so looks like he was planning to end 'something' before that significant date rolled around - again.

Maybe someone else here can help.

ETA: I looked at the docs & CC didn't call MM until that evening - not the a.m. as was rumored

Since I have never been divorced I am not sure if a divorce could be handled that fast.I have not seen anything that states a divorce was even started at the time of the murders.

~snipped for space~
If she was lawyered up and not cooperating I could place more anger and responsibility at her doorstep, but based on what I have seen I can't do that. The idea that Sherri and boys would be alive if she hadn't laid down with this guys is flawed logic to me. Chris wanted out and he didn't want to split assets, pay child support, or raise the boys. That wouldn't have changed whether he was F'ing this chick, another chick, or doing no one at all.
I disagree. It seems fairly evident that Miss Motive was a catalyst for Chris to rid himself of his family ties. While she may not have been involved in the crime or the cover up, I think we are seeing she was motive for him. He made plans to marry her. He gave her a timeline for his freedom. He also began putting his plan to murder his family into action two months into the relationship.

Would he have done this without Lintz? I don't necessarily think he would have taken the risk without the motive of a new life with her. This centers around Lintz and the affair. It isn't a coincidence, imo.

My comments are in red! (I hope :))

I was going by the setup guide for the system missing from the empty box noted in the SW. The software setup & installation was for Windows.

I didn't recall that! Thanks. CC did just as most residents did; he chose his surveillance system by price, not stability.

ETA: I'm also curious as to the answer for storing surveillance video on a Dish DVR (which was the question I was attempting to answer)....do you know how a Dish DVR could be incorporated into the surveillance system @ the Coleman home?

My technician (programmer) says he doesn't believe it would be possible since the Dish DVR gets its feeds from satellite. However, the camera could be mounted on the satellite dish and feed to a stand-alone DVR unit -- but the video quality probably wouldn't be very clear/good.

TIA!

ETA2: FWIW, I do understand embedded OS's in devices (most of the ones I work with are Linux/Unix based)....the info I have on Dish DVRs is that their fileformat for data (recorded shows) is proprietary. Please let me know if I'm misundertanding the technology.

Our proprietary surveillance software is also embedded Linux/Unix based. As far as the file format for Dish DVRs, I know nothing about it and would have to ask one of my programmers. (Thank goodness I have some of the best programmers and hardware technicians available. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a company or a product.)

TIA!

On Tara's mothers myspace sheri had sent her a mothersday greetings so I would guess she was up to date on the marriage or could have asked if she cared.edit to add may 07

Devil's advocate:

Not necessarily... I have Myspace/Facebook "friends" from high school (I'm 32) that I might send a "Happy Mother's Day" or "Merry Christmas" to, but I am not actual real life friends with them and I have no idea about the status of their marriages.

Point one and three....must have been alarms going off in her head like crazy that he was the perp!
I think she probably confided in someone else and they saw "the light" before she did. They probably advised her that she was involved with a man who just killed his family and could implicate her, imo.

I disagree. It seems fairly evident that Miss Motive was a catalyst for Chris to rid himself of his family ties. While she may not have been involved in the crime or the cover up, I think we are seeing she was motive for him. He made plans to marry her. He gave her a timeline for his freedom. He also began putting his plan to murder his family into action two months into the relationship.

Would he have done this without Lintz? I don't necessarily think he would have taken the risk without the motive of a new life with her. This centers around Lintz and the affair. It isn't a coincidence, imo.

Once again I totally agree with you. She most certainly was the catalyst for CC to eliminate his entire family. The timeline proves that. Hooks up with MM sexually in November, "threats" begin in January, he'll be "divorced" by June 14th (an no way would the courts work that fast with kids involved) and they'll marry in 2010! I'd like to hear what the phone call on May 4th was about - was an ultimatum issued by MM? I can't wait to hear of this new alibi he's claiming, unless he still thinks the gym alibi can fly.

And please give this girl NO credit. LE only learned about her from CC's own father; which is VERY interesting. Did he know of the affair? She didn't go to LE, LE found her. She didn't volunteer the affair info until the second interview with LE. I'm sure her handing over her phone & PC had a lot to do with LE telling her that because of the sexual relationship that they'd now be looking at her as a suspect as well. OMG this guy and this case is just unreal! We knew he was bad, but it gets worse & worse as they days go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member