Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have four children so only two of them live in her compound? (I know the two sons work for her.)

With Joyce making such a statement, it probably was an attempt to make the purchases sound legit in some way. She failed miserably, imo. It did not sound well thought out before she opened her mouth.

According to the article the church is paying for five properties altogether (2.55 mil accum value). All four adult children were onsite and being paid for, from the utilities to the taxes right down to remodeling to occupants preference.

They seem to think either IRS is leaning on them over these assets not being reasonable or that their attorney has encouraged them to unload them before the IRS gets really involved. I would guess the other two will be sold after these two are sold. You don't want too many houses in the neighborhood for sale at one time, brings down the selling prices.

GoRams! June 1, 2009 2:14PM CST
expat - I have no idea if it's true or not. But someone did say that on here, and most of what has been said has turned out true. I know that some of her friends did talk to LE the day of the crime, and told them about tramp stamp down in Florida. This tells me that Sheri in fact did know about it (obviously if her friends knew).

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...75C6000E2F8E?OpenDocument#tp_newCommentAnchor
Do you know how many women are the last to know about an affair?! I have no doubt her friends probably knew and didn't have the heart to tell her. (While it is wrong, women do tend to shoot the messenger upon their friends telling them of an affair.)

Do you know how many women are the last to know about an affair?! I have no doubt her friends probably knew and didn't have the heart to tell her. (While it is wrong, women do tend to shoot the messenger upon their friends telling them of an affair.)

Again, I disagree. Posters in the first few days said Sheri was about to take a roommate.

Thankfully I found out on my own. Dumb Dumb left his computer screen open to his email and I was being "nice" and shutting it down for the night. (It was at work and he asked me to shut down the office). I think I would have felt even worse if my friends knew before me, but I found out quite early in his game. (Another THANK YOU GOD moment!)

Again, I disagree. Posters in the first few days said Sheri was about to take a roommate.
And I have a tendency to discount this as being true due to the fact her name was not on the home. Were they going to rent the place from Chris or what?

Its going to need a lot more than an exorcist, the house is now known for what happened there. Maybe if it was done completely differently on the outside and inside then a leader from one of the hundreds of major religions came in and did a cleansing it may not be so bad. Some days, I can drive by it with no problems, like "a family died there" and other days, I can feel some erie about the house like Chuthulu is using it as his resting place.

I am relatively local, and if you ever hear of someone wanting it, I would do a blessing/cleansing on the house and property.

People, this case is driving me crazy! It brings back so many bad memories and reminds me of when my faith was truly tested.

Two years after going thru a divorce where my ex-husband decided he didn't want to have kids (we had 1 and the other was "8 months in the oven"), I met and married a police officer who was also the son of a minister (won't name religion here as it is irrelevant). I was delighted when 18 mos. after our marriage he asked to adopt my children, feeling at the time that my children were truly loved and accepted by such a loving religious family. (Their natural father willingly relinquished his rights since it meant he wouldn't have to pay child support or make up any more lies why he couldn't visit with them.) My joy didn't last long.

During this second marriage, he was fired from the police department for stealing, spent 90 days in jail for assault, was fired from 2 other jobs for misappropriation of funds, constantly beat me (verbally and physically) and had so many women on the side that I couldn't keep track (including one of our 16 y.o. babysitters and one of my best friends). I wasn't naive through all of that; however, his parents and my mother kept talking me out of leaving because it was against God's will.

It was only after I finally "grew up", started looking at all the obvious signs around me and realized that he would never change. The obvious signs were that no one in his family ever accepted responsibility for their actions. His dad had been removed from 5 churches for "inappropriate relationships with female parishioners" and "misappropriation of church funds", two of his sisters were HO's, two were drug addicts, and his mom was in total denial of everything except how perfect her family was and her "Bible". I realized I didn't need anyone other than myself to take care of my children and left after 7 years of marriage. Oh, it was a nasty divorce. He wanted custody of our children and stated in court that I was unfit and if he had them, they would be brought up in a christian environment (he would live with his parents). It took testimony from child psychologists, his former employers and former parishioners of his dad's to show how evil he and his family are for me to win.

Now, I sleuth all of this stuff on SC and the children and think "but for the grace of God, that could be me and my children".

My story has a happy ending, though. I met and married a wonderful man 26 years ago and my children and I could not be happier.

Sorry for going O/T -- I just had to rant!

If only Chris had opted for a divorce instead of murder, Sheri and her wonderful sons could have been in store for a much happier life after they got over the emotional trauma he had caused for all of them.

ETA: Has anyone seen any new news the past couple of days? I keep looking and am not really finding anything at all. I am surprised with all the angles out there to pursue for stories. Where are the reporters who are supposed to be on top of this case?!

If only Chris had opted for a divorce instead of murder, Sheri and her wonderful sons could have been in store for a much happier life after they got over the emotional trauma he had caused for all of them.

ETA: Has anyone seen any new news the past couple of days? I keep looking and am not really finding anything at all. I am surprised with all the angles out there to pursue for stories. Where are the reporters who are supposed to be on top of this case?!

I haven't seen anything - I've even searched the internet and the only thing I see are repeats from the last several days. I'm hoping June 10th will bring a lot of news.....

Was this in a public forum? Can you link us?

P.S. Kimster,

I can't find a way to search the PD for these comments. It would be time-consuming and involve going back to some of the first articles and scanning through the reader comments.

For Chris, IMO, that would have meant paying child support and remaining involved in the boys life. Not convenient for a "man about town".

The news has really dwindled off -- surely some reporter out there is still trying to track down evidence/info. and will present it soon.

well, at least once a day I see a news truck in the area, either coming through the subdivision or through the town, although they may just be taking some stills or video for background.

Was CC actually using/living in the JMM Afton (sp.) house?

If so, wouldn't JM know about it?

How much, if anything, and when did JM know about/meet TL?

Did RC know about the relationship between CC and TL?

Have any neighbors of the Afton (sp.) house said anything or been interviewed about TL's presence at the house?

Why did SC (if she truly did) sign away her rights on their home?

Is it possible that SC and CC were having a trial separation?

Anyone know any answers?

And I have a tendency to discount this as being true due to the fact her name was not on the home. Were they going to rent the place from Chris or what?

It has not been proven yet that Sheri even knew that her name was NOT on the title to the house. Her family obviously does not think that Sheri would have willingly removed her name. IMO the signatures on the refinance and quit claim deed do not match the original mortgage papers.

I personally think that a great deal of the motive behind this crime was MONEY! We know that Sheri's name was removed from the title to the house on the same day that it was refinanced but no one seems to know where the extra money went (almost $30,000). We also know that it was refinanced thru a company that only operates on the internet. We know that there was at least one bank account in CC's name "only" being sent to the P.O. Box. We know that there was at least one credit card sent to the P. O. Box in Sheri's name, (I wonder if there were others?) We know that there was an equity line of credit on the house (that had no equity in it after the last refinancing) which was found in the glove box of CC's car along with a card supposedly from TL. There were unsigned refinancing papers found by LE. There are rumors that he took out a substantial life insurance policy on Sheri's life. I wonder if there were any life insurance policies on the children? There are rumors that her name was also removed from both vehicles.

One other thing that stuck me as strange was that LE took two boarding passes, one for CC and one for JM. Fake I.D's are not hard to come up with these days especially if one has access to a laminating machine. Does anyone know if JMM uses laminated ID cards for their employees? Perhaps the real JM was not the same JM named on the boarding pass. After reading the following article, it made me wonder exactly how often, if ever, JM traveled by commercial airlines.

http://www.trinityfi.org/press/JoyceMeyer1.html

"The Meyers keep the ministry's Canadair CL-600 Challenger jet, which Joyce Meyer says is worth $10 million, at Spirit of St. Louis Airport in Chesterfield. The ministry employs two full-time pilots to fly the Meyers to conferences around the world.

Meyer calls the plane a "lifesaver" for her and her family. "It enabled us, at our age, to travel literally all over the world and preach the gospel" with better security than that offered on commercial flights, she said.

Security is important to Meyer, who says she has received death threats. She has a division of the ministry dedicated to her safety. Her officers wear pistols; they guard the headquarters' front gate, keeping out anyone but employees and invited guests."

I don't think that TL was the sole motive behind this crime although keeping a mistress on the side could become very expensive I suppose. I think that CC had been doing some creative financing for quite some time without Sheri's knowledge. If Sheri found out about his affair and filed for a divorce then his financial misdeeds were going to catch up to him in a hurry and I don't think he was willing to let that happen IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann