Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised (poll included)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised?

• Yes, it should be televised, locally.

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Yes, it should be televised, nationally.

Votes: 118 27.1%
  • No. I am concerned about money being made off Caylee.

Votes: 110 25.3%
  • No broadcast. It's private for those attending. No concern of finances exchanging hands.

Votes: 168 38.6%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you have misunderstood....there is a different between a tape and a live tv broadcast. If the event is broadcast live on tv, then a tape has no value, as anyone can DVR it.

Where do you get that "all media can broadcast it" and I still don't get how you can say the tv broadcast wasn't sold?

Am I reading Natisha's comment wrong ??

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER, ON LOCATION FROM TOT MOM JAIL: They are, Nancy. This is a huge church. They have their own video facility. As a matter of fact, they`re going to be the ones providing the pool for all of the local media out here.

Live feeds happen at all presidential speeches, press conferences and press gaggles. Instead of having a couple hundred cameras there, one is chosen and the signal is shared by all the broadcasting stations.

Since this church is already 'wired' I don't think one media camera needs to be brought in.....but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

You're right, the church will provide the feed.

Am I reading Natisha's comment wrong ??

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER, ON LOCATION FROM TOT MOM JAIL: They are, Nancy. This is a huge church. They have their own video facility. As a matter of fact, they`re going to be the ones providing the pool for all of the local media out here.

Maybe I am...I'm not sure.

But I really don't think that what she says translates to "everyone can broadcast the feed live on television for free". But, perhaps I'm wrong.

Will there be kiosks hawking Caylee bracelets and tees? Perhaps the A's can charge a cover charge. There MUST be many ways to squeeze $$$$ out of a 5,000 person attendance. That poor little child. She never had a chance.

You're right, the church will provide the feed.

That's not the point...we all know that the church is wired. The question is "is it being provided for tv broadcast to everyone for free?".

Will there be kiosks hawking Caylee bracelets and tees? Perhaps the A's can charge a cover charge. There MUST be many ways to squeeze $$$$ out of a 5,000 person attendance. That poor little child. She never had a chance.

I think they will be selling memorabillia and will have a donation jar for KFN or something. Maybe at the security check in point.

How can they not allow purses or bags?...has anyone ever heard of that? I've been to many events and never told I couldn't bring a bag in. Are people supposed to put their wallets down their underwear or something?

Somebody please tell me how the GP's are gonna grieve if they are standing at the door saying who gets in and who does not???
It never ends.

I really don't think they will get anywhere near 5000 people, but may be wrong. I base this on how many showed up to search for her, and they came from all over the country, and who knows if they would even feel welcome or want to go, given the way the As berated them for searching for her.

RK has never been thanked by the family, quite the opposite. So he sure won't be there, and I'd bet there are some in Orlando that aren't happy he was never thanked.

I think many will feel the service is going to be about the As, and about getting Casey off, and other than media, I don't think many will attend.

Do you have a link to RK never having been thanked by the family? Do you know that they didn't phone him or send him a card or flowers or some token of appreciation?

I don't think that the memorial service should be televised and I voted that I wasn't worried about who or if anyone made money. I voted this way simply because the memorial being televised is more important to me than if and who makes money.

If someone makes money off of a televised memorial service for Caylee, then to me, that is just plain sick and twisted.

<quote>Do you have a link to RK never having been thanked by the family? Do you know that they didn't phone him or send him a card or flowers or some token of appreciation? <unquote>

It has not been mentioned to my knowledge that RK has been thanked by the family, but I guess the A's like to keep those kind of special things they do quiet. However, after the find, it did leak out from the household that Casey is innoncent....things like that just manage to get to the press somehow...it is amazing...:rolleyes:

I voted yes, nationally, because Six years ago yesterday I buried my 7 day old son, he was born in the hospital under a doctors care and fought hard for those 7 days, in that short time he touched lives of people that we didn't even know, we held a service for him and hundreds came to share the love of this precious little boy who never stepped one foot out into the world. The nation has grown to love little Caylee and should be allowed a remembrance service because we have invested our emotions in this case and even though it is extended we came to love and hope and pray for her safe return and now we too need closure for the devastation that we each feel for her sweet little life. IMMHO

I believe that a public memorial is just that. But I will not be watching because I cannot bear the insults of listening to anyone, anyone even mentioning how much Caylee was loved by her mother.

If todays presser by BC, is any measure of how the memorial will be, that is exactly what will be said, many times over. Seeing BC, and the rest of the defense team will make my blood pressure rise.

Add to this, the nerve of saying who and who cannot attend a public service of any type just isn't right. The maturity level of this has dropped another level.

Do you have a link to RK never having been thanked by the family? Do you know that they didn't phone him or send him a card or flowers or some token of appreciation?

I haven't heard of anyone so far being "thanked". It will be interesting to see if the A's use the memorial as an opportunity to thank everyone for their efforts to find Caylee!! I hope they do this - not only for all those who need "closure" but also to honor Caylee's memory as it should be!!

I haven't heard of anyone so far being "thanked". It will be interesting to see if the A's use the memorial as an opportunity to thank everyone for their efforts to find Caylee!! I hope they do this - not only for all those who need "closure" but also to honor Caylee's memory as it should be!!

We don't 'hear' everything that goes on and have no way of knowing whether the A's thanked Kronk or not. The A's aren't expected to speak at the memorial so I doubt we'll hear any thank yous, unless someone reads a statement on the family's behalf.

Live feeds happen at all presidential speeches, press conferences and press gaggles. Instead of having a couple hundred cameras there, one is chosen and the signal is shared by all the broadcasting stations.

Very true. However, how many times have we seen shows like The Kennedy Honors, Presidential Inauguration Speeches, even live concerts all broadcast, easily taped in your home, yet later available for sale on dvd, etc?

I'm just concerned that this memorial will be used as such as a tool for raising monies once again for a purpose I don't believe Caylee would want.

In my heart of hearts, this is not a memorial for Caylee, I'm sad to say, but a tool by the family to promote KC as a mother as well as the Anthony family re: Cindy's idea of perfection.

I honestly believe the time has come for everyone to do what they can to honor Caylee with their own private memorial, be it lighting a candle at their church, saying a special goodbye prayer, whatever eases their mind.

As was said above, memorials are for the living, helping them say goodbye and heal. I don't believe any of us on this wonderful forum will heal until final justice is found for little Caylee, and that may be years away.

MOO

We don't 'hear' everything that goes on and have no way of knowing whether the A's thanked Kronk or not. The A's aren't expected to speak at the memorial so I doubt we'll hear any thank yous, unless someone reads a statement on the family's behalf.

Did BC say they weren't going to speak-I missed that! Well, hopefully someone will read some kind of statement from the A's-since those in attendance will be made up of people who are at the very least emotionally linked to Caylee.

You can't provide a link to something that never happened. I know you already have the link for what BC said about RK to Geraldo on Jan. 17th. The Help Find Caylee Website Thank You page does not thank anyone, nada, but does tell you how you can donate and has a link for KFN.
http://www.usualbeings.com/helpfindcaylee/help.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back