SIDEBAR #10- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can speak to this.. although, I'm a few drinks deep so I hope I make sense. I was a foreman once and it's an interesting task, to say the least.

It is very important that you have somebody who can control the flow of the conversation, make sure that everybody is heard, and that everybody sufficiently understands the instructions. Sounds like from their interviews, there were some issues with that. Even though the instructions can be very difficult to understand, there's no excuse for not understanding them. You are given every opportunity in the world to discuss them and ask questions. They should have done that more thoroughly.

Being a foreman is like trying to wrangle elephants. When arguments break out, and they do, you have to keep tempers down and conversations on point so it doesn't get too out of hand. And for those people who don't like to talk or are shy, you need to get them out of their shell and pretty much force them to talk. Every single person must have their say for the system to work properly.

Although the foreman's own opinions are no more important than anybody else's in the room, I will say that if there are (for lack of a better way to say this) weaker minded people who either don't care all that much about the process (sadly, this does exist) or just can't put all the pieces together themselves, they will look to others for guidance. So long story short, the foreman certainly can have influence over the group, even if they don't intend to, just depending how strong they are with their arguments.

And yes, they are also responsible for filling out all forms and filtering them thru the bailiff to the judge.

I like being a juror, and hope to do it again some day, but don't think I'd want to be the foreman again. Holy stress!

:seeya: lisasalinger

I'm jealous... i'd love to be even a juror. I got a letter once, but had a Las Vegas trip booked. ;)

Yes, its seems that it can get bad quick if the foreman wants to let it all go and assume the judge will make a decision.

Thats what really interests me, I'd like to see what has happened in other cases where the penalty phase has been done again. What new evidence they bring in, what stories change, how far back they go to repeat evidence for the new jury, do they show any video of the previous trial? etc etc

Unfortunately we just get HLN rehashing the reruns of sensational sex talk etc, then I come on here and get dropped into the middle of a pajama party! :banghead: :floorlaugh:

Cougars do not wear pajamas! See our photos!

I'm jealous... i'd love to even a juror. I got a letter once, but had a Las Vegas trip booked. ;)

Yes, its seems that it can get bad quick if the foreman wants to let it all go and assume the judge will make a decision.

:seeya: Elle :)

My theory on ALV:

She got caught lying and JSS says you're out or you get charged with perjury.

Her account hacked? :floorlaugh:

ALV told the the jury and the world jodi said the knife was onthe bed stand.:floorlaugh:

Goodnight everyone! Sweet Dreams!! You all always keep me up way past my bedtime :facepalm:

Oh My! We must have grown up at the same exact time! I still to this day remember clearly my mother running into the living room saying quit playing with the volume controls quit turning the volume up and down! I had to explain to her that that is how the song went! Yes that is another good one to throw away. right after Archies sugar sugar.

I will be washed away if somebody can post Def Leppard's "pour some sugar on me"!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

no DEf here ...what was the flip side of crimson and clover..If I rememebr correcttly that was the "hit: song

In my former life, I thought Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" was the very best ever - I might, still...Anybody want to argue about that?

Here it is from 1973:

[video=youtube;JOemwDVBlqE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOemwDVBlqE[/video]

[video=youtube;eoSn2Y-b6wI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn2Y-b6wI[/video]

Come down off your throne and leave your body alone, somebody must change
You are the reason I've been waiting so long, somebody holds the key
Well, I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time
And I'm wasted and I can't find my way home

I'm jealous... i'd love to be even a juror. I got a letter once, but had a Las Vegas trip booked. ;)

One more tidbit. Our jury was 7 to 5 in favor of guilt when we started. It was not a clear cut case at all, so I knew it would be an interesting discussion. After 3.5 days of deliberations were able to reach a unanimous guilty verdict. I was very proud of that and very proud of my co-jurors. Most of them were cool people and we kept in touch for a bit afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe