SIDEBAR #11- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KCL what's your input on what Bill Montgomery posted how did you take what it was saying

It's June 4th tomorrow.

travis+alexander.jpg

RIP Travis.

[video=youtube;KRUErh47sao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUErh47sao&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Death penalty is properly used for most heinous crimes
By Bill Montgomery
Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:41 AM
Regarding “Arizona can be next state to reject the death penalty” (Opinions, Feb.16):

As a county attorney with responsibility for deciding when to seek a death sentence, I believe it is necessary, once again, to set the record straight.

Bob Quick, a member of Conservatives Concerned About the Death Penalty, asks whether Arizonans “feel better” for having executed six murderers in 2012. That is a non sequitur.

Consider how these convicts earned their death sentences: Richard Stokely kidnapped, raped and murdered two 13-year-old girls; Daniel Cook kidnapped, tortured, sodomized and murdered two men; Samuel Lopez burglarized, raped, beat and stabbed a woman; Thomas Kemp, kidnapped, robbed and murdered his victim; Robert Towery robbed and injected his victim with battery acid, and then strangled him; Robert Moorman, while on furlough from prison, murdered his mother, chopped her body into pieces, and threw her remains in dumpsters.

The way the death penalty has turned into such a "wedge issue," I feel that it will eventually be abolished in all but the most conservative of states. The rest just won't be able to do it (put someone to death)...look at Arizona and the JA trial, even they have a problem with it. The jurors are gonna get it into their heads that they don't wanna be responsible for taking someone's life...and eventually there will only be 1 or 2 death convictions, and eventually go away in the States where the population can't stomach it.

I feel like it should be kept. It is called JUSTICE after all. It's not only a "deterrent," which a lot of people point to to abolish it, but it's supposed to be about JUSTICE. The correct justice for the worst and the extremely cruel, heinous, or barbaric crimes is for the perpetrator to be put to death. It's not only about detterance.

Of course no one wants an innocent person to die for a crime they didn't commit. So I think that even though the appeals process is long and costly, there should be some appeals in place, in case of a true mistake. And there is such a Looooonnngggg process already in place, so I don't get the people saying "well we shouldn't be a country who puts their own to death." It's just like Bill Montgomery said...they HAVE appeals they're entitled to, on top of a trial that's supposed to be conducted fairly so they can defend themselves. I think the problem isn't with the process, the problem is with some people within the process, where of course, being human beings, there is chance for error. So that could be the lawyers. That could be the judge. That could be the jurors. That could be LE and the people who collect the evidence. So that is what appeals are for, and there are appeals in place for everyone on death row.

In the end, it's up to the States. As long as citizens of a State want it, it'll be kept. I feel like in the end, only the deep South states will still have it in place.

KCL what's your input on what Bill Montgomery posted how did you take what it was saying

If you look at the comments section underneath Bill M.'s article, you can see KCL's comment (wonderful!)....I think it's about the 3rd one down!

So is Bill Montgomery saying the death Penalty might be changed to where there want be a death penalty in Arizona Prisons one day ? I feel kinda dumb asking this....

No, he saying there SHOULD be a death penalty in Arizona. He believes it's fair. But there are other groups who are fighting to remove it.

Justify Travis ‏@JustifyTravis

Order entered on Clerk's Docket #Justice4Travis #jodiarias
pic.twitter.com/zSzYdbqTgJ

Stabbys Pencil Stabbys Pencil ‏@StabbysPencil

@JustifyTravis When are we going to start seeing some of these hearing transcripts...

Justify Travis Justify Travis ‏@JustifyTravis

@StabbysPencil when media & writers start spitting them out :) @CoreyABC15 @CamilleKimball

https://twitter.com/CoreyABC15

Corey Rangel Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15

@JustifyTravis @StabbysPencil @CamilleKimball we are working on getting them. Requests are in. Will post once we get something.

So proud of myself for planting my flowers.

black petunias
yellow petunias
2 stella d'or
1 grass (we have similar weather to AZ- dry and hot summers)

and 1 beautiful orange dahlia I planted for Travis and my Father. I'll take pics when they grow a bit.

8440693-an-isolated-shot-of-orange-dahlia-flower.jpg

The way the death penalty has turned into such a "wedge issue," I feel that it will eventually be abolished in all but the most conservative of states. The rest just won't be able to do it (put someone to death)...look at Arizona and the JA trial, even they have a problem with it. The jurors are gonna get it into their heads that they don't wanna be responsible for taking someone's life...and eventually there will only be 1 or 2 death convictions, and eventually go away in the States where the population can't stomach it.

I feel like it should be kept. It is called JUSTICE after all. It's not only a "deterrent," which a lot of people point to to abolish it, but it's supposed to be about JUSTICE. The correct justice for the worst and the extremely cruel, heinous, or barbaric crimes is for the perpetrator to be put to death. It's not only about detterance.

Of course no one wants an innocent person to die for a crime they didn't commit. So I think that even though the appeals process is long and costly, there should be some appeals in place, in case of a true mistake. And there is such a Looooonnngggg process already in place, so I don't get the people saying "well we shouldn't be a country who puts their own to death." It's just like Bill Montgomery said...they HAVE appeals they're entitled to, on top of a trial that's supposed to be conducted fairly so they can defend themselves. I think the problem isn't with the process, the problem is with some people within the process, where of course, being human beings, there is chance for error. So that could be the lawyers. That could be the judge. That could be the jurors. That could be LE and the people who collect the evidence. So that is what appeals are for, and there are appeals in place for everyone on death row.

In the end, it's up to the States. As long as citizens of a State want it, it'll be kept. I feel like in the end, only the deep South states will still have it in place.

Excellent post..I agree completely.

I used to be adamantly against the DP because I felt if even one innocent person fell through the cracks and was executed, there shouldn't be a DP. I came to this conclusion after seeing the Errol Morris documentary The Thin Blue Line, where a man WAS wrongly given the DP (fortunately his DP sentence was commuted and then the real killer confessed).

But the Jessica Lundsford case changed my opinion. The image of her buried alive in the garbage sack in that shallow grave (they found her with a finger poked out of the bag as if she were trying to get air) did it for me.

Now I'm okay with it for the worst of the worst of the worst. Like JA, CA, serial killers, child killers, torture murders (this is the category whatsherface falls into IMO).

I really agree that the appeals are really necessary so no innocent person falls through the cracks. I'm okay with lots of appeals.

I'm also ok with LWOP for the worst of the worst, but now am also okay if they get DP.

Excellent post..I agree completely.

I used to be adamantly against the DP because I felt if even one innocent person fell through the cracks and was executed, there shouldn't be a DP. I came to this conclusion after seeing the Errol Morris documentary The Thin Blue Line, where a man WAS wrongly given the DP (fortunately his DP sentence was commuted and then the real killer confessed).

But the Jessica Lundsford case changed my opinion. The image of her buried alive in the garbage sack in that shallow grave (they found her with a finger poked out of the bag as if she were trying to get air) did it for me.

Now I'm okay with it for the worst of the worst of the worst. Like JA, CA, serial killers, child killers, torture murders (this is the category whatsherface falls into IMO).

I really agree that the appeals are really necessary so no innocent person falls through the cracks. I'm okay with lots of appeals.

I'm also ok with LWOP for the worst of the worst, but now am also okay if they get DP.

BBM~ ITA. Jodi falls into the worst of the worstest. Putting someone through that much pain and suffering does not deserve to blink or breathe. moo

So proud of myself for planting my flowers.

black petunias
yellow petunias
2 stella d'or
1 grass (we have similar weather to AZ- dry and hot summers)

and 1 beautiful orange dahlia I planted for Travis and my Father. I'll take pics when they grow a bit.

8440693-an-isolated-shot-of-orange-dahlia-flower.jpg

That's great Elle Elle...I loved that you planted on for your dad and Travis.

I tried container planting tomatoes the last couple of years and the first year I used too much nitrogen fertilizer and got all leaves and no fruit.

Last year I overwatered and they just flat out died on me. I'm taking a break this year but may have another go and try to get it right next year.

That's great Elle Elle...I loved that you planted on for your dad and Travis.

I tried container planting tomatoes the last couple of years and the first year I used too much nitrogen fertilizer and got all leaves and no fruit.

Last year I overwatered and they just flat out died on me. I'm taking a break this year but may have another go and try to get it right next year.

Exactly why my garden is the local orchard.

Nothing "wedge" about it and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Support for the DP has hovered around 70-80% for years.

BBM~ ITA. Jodi falls into the worst of the worstest. Putting someone through that much pain and suffering does not deserve to blink or breathe. moo

Yes! Her murder falls into the torture category...not just during the murder, but beforehand...the stalking, tire slashing, making him afraid and paranoid...

I still think that because he "let all his anger out" on her the week before...that unfortunately calmed him down some afterwards (like a big sneeze takes away the nose tickle)...

She turned up apologizing, maybe even telling him she was starting to like someone else (some BS story), selling him some notion like:

"Let's hang out one last time and end on a good note."

Travis, sweet guy that he was gave her the benefit of the doubt...

That's my theory of why he was able to hang out with her that day...also maybe thinking she'd go away if he just said yes one last time...maybe he thought he was placating her...

Anyhoo, I have no problem with her getting the needle...none whatsoever...

Yes! Her murder falls into the torture category...not just during the murder, but beforehand...the stalking, tire slashing, making him afraid and paranoid...

I still think that because he "let all his anger out" on her the week before...that unfortunately calmed him down some afterwards (like a big sneeze takes away the nose tickle)...

She turned up apologizing, maybe even telling him she was starting to like someone else (some BS story), selling him some notion like:

"Let's hang out one last time and end on a good note."

Travis, sweet guy that he was gave her the benefit of the doubt...

That's my theory of why he was able to hang out with her that day...also maybe thinking she'd go away if he just said yes one last time...maybe he thought he was placating her...

Anyhoo, I have no problem with her getting the needle...none whatsoever...

She's completely useless (Travis was right), and she should not be part of the system. moo

I found this listening to Marie Hall's testimony at 1:12:28

[video=youtube;1Fn7WHx4TCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fn7WHx4TCw[/video]

TA did not ask her to go to Cancun until early May 2008.

ja testified the trip was planned for over a year, GS said early Jan/Feb 08.

I wonder when ja found out Marie was going with Travis, I bet that sent her into a rage.

I found this listening to Marie Hall's testimony at 1:12:28

TA did not ask her to go to Cancun until early May 2008.

ja testified the trip was planned for over a year, GS said early Jan/Feb 08.

I wonder when ja found out Marie was going with Travis, I bet that sent her into a rage.

BBM~ The sex tape was recorded on May 10... hmmmm. coincidence?

BBM~ The sex tape was recorded on May 10... hmmmm. coincidence?

Oh IMO the sex tape was very deliberate, maybe she thought if Mimi heard it she wouldn't go to Cancun.

Interesting GS said on a recent Blogtalkradio show, that once arrangements for the trip were made they couldn't be changed. If TA added Mimi's name in May 08 they certainly could be changed/added..He is full of it IMO..

Jodi CLAIMS it was recorded on May 10....there is no real proof as to when it was really recorded.

I believe she got the Helio phone from GS during her trip back to Yreka, so that was in early April 08. I remember she said her phone (number1) got ruined in the Uhaul, something about her putting it in a cup of hot choc. Course ja lies..that's one thing we do know. Can't remember if GS ever said when he gave her the Helio phone.

Well its June 4th here,will be thinking of Travis today and wearing blue in his honor.

seen this photo on facebook and thought it was beautiful. god bless you sweet boy :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562