SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. DeMarte testified that she diagnosed Jodi with four things but only explained one of them. I wonder if the defense will call her themselves and go into the other three with her to go for the mentally insane defense they now want to try.

if the defense calls her to go into the other areas they might do themselves a lot of damage. i'm willing to bet one of the other diagnoses was anti social personality disorder, aka psychopath. Juan would then jump all over this and prob call witnesses to show she cannot be rehabilitated.

Thanks! Turns out the plumber says the AC unit is leaking in a couple different places.

The water damage restorer people came out too and will work with my insurance company. I'm waiting to hear from them...

I just get stressed out cos of the money, but it is only money...

I've only been a homeowner the last six and a half years and it's shocking how much I've already had to spend on repairs (it was a brand new house, I'm the first occupant).

I guess it's the trade off from renting. Thank heavens I have a 15-year mortgage!

I'm sorry, it is never fun to have an unexpected repair! Hopefully it's just condensation on the AC pipes, if you have a high humidity day that can cause issues...but easy ones to fix! I hope you insurance company can help you determin if the home builder is or is somwhat responsible... alot of times if the builder is aware they can help or point you in the right direction (I work for a nice one). My house is as old a dirt, so any repair, unearths multitudes of issues from jerks that didn't do it right the first time. If you want to experience pure hatrid meet the previous homewoner...if I ever see him co-mingling with his old chums on my street I will certainly have a earful for him. :seeya:

[/B]

BBM I think the videos could have made a difference with the foreman. Didn't he say that JA was "normal" all thru her life until she met Travis? The vidoes could dispute that "normal" , don't you think?

I still cannot believe that the foreman thought JA was normal before she met Travis. Deanna had a very long relationship with Travis and did not seem to turn crazy. JA and Travis only dated a few months and lived far apart. I think the foreman is just trying to justify his reason for not wanting the DP. To me the fact that JA was normal until she met Travis is total hogwash.

I just ate 15 oreos. I feel sick.

if the defense calls her to go into the other areas they might do themselves a lot of damage. i'm willing to bet one of the other diagnoses was anti social personality disorder, aka psychopath. Juan would then jump all over this and prob call witnesses to show she cannot be rehabilitated.

Exactly....remorseful psychopath...do they really want to go there??

I'd like her shrunk to the size of a pea.

James Holmes can receive medication and will be able to discern that what he did was horrific, evil, and inhuman. He will mentally suffer remorse, shock, regret and the inconceivability that HE could have done what he did. With the right meds, he will be devastated by his actions, and mentally, he will suffer far greater then anything a court of law could punish him with. He more than likely was snowballing into Psychosis, a break with normal reality and was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. His "reality" preceding and during his crime still allowed him to plan, obsessively, towards one goal, unconsciously eliminating all other "normal" activities or responsibilities. James Holmes would have never done what he did had he been diagnosed earlier in life and given treatment.

JA will NEVER believe what she did was wrong. She will NEVER have remorse. She has a combination of personality disorders that will not be affected by medication. The key is "combination". Borderline can be kept "in check" by meds to some degree, but "Anti-Social" (Psychopath) and "Narcissism" can't. If she had been born in different circumstances, she may have become a successful CEO of a Corporation......because she has no empathy or concern about anyone but herself and what she wants. She eliminates or distances herself from everything that will reflect badly on HER. She is never WRONG. She plans but is able to carry on a "normal" life.

James Holmes is "sick" and has the probability of getting better.
JA is "evil", it can't be fixed, that's how she rolls. She will go to her grave demanding how could society do this to HER. How dare they?

There is a huge difference in these individual's "mental disorders", their crimes were both horrific, but James' could have been prevented by early diagnosis and treatment, JA's could NOT.
This is a useful description of the implications of organic mental illness versus Personality disorder. Well articulated. :ditto:

Good afternoon, everyone :seeya:
Haven't been here for a couple (one on my wires that connect to my computer was eaten by The Queen and had to be replaced- damn computers and the think-a-ma-bogs that go with them). :violin:

Lisa, I liked Dr. D. "Cocky"- No. She was very methodical, concise, and didn't embellish her testimony- what a "scientist" should be and do.. I think of her as a vegetable, the potato. Plain, filling, and good for you. And ALV as a Shepard's pie- mixed with all sorts of embellishments- gravies, other veggies, meats, spices, flour, etc., topped with mashed potatoes with milk, butter, salt. ALV embellished her testiphony with all sorts of little parables of fuzzy things (so warm-oh, makes you want to listen to her all day- blah) and she entertained the jury. Some of the jury "liked" it, I guess and ate her Shepard's pie (come to Grandma and eat my Shepard pie, like good little children :HHJP:). I think of it as, do I want the "truth" or do I want the "fairy tale'- do I want the ME's/Juan's version of what happened to Travis or do I want JW/Nurmi's version?
Defensive, at times. Yes. JW was trying to discredit her and her testimony. Who wouldn't be a little defensive?? And her testimony makes more sense to me than ALV's (who I think is very knowledgable about Domestic Violence and has probably done a lot for that cause). ALV just drank JA's Kool-Aid- JA- who is very manipulative and, for some people who just look at the outside of something (ie. Mr. Zervakos, with his "she doesn't look like a murderer and wasn't a Dalmer or Manson), JA can pull the wool over their eyes.
Everyone has different "feelings" and that's their right. Are they "right"? am I "right"? Yes, we all are, because it's their feeling and my feeling, which comes with all their and my life's experiences.

Anyway, :twocents:

What has everyone been talking about (just jumped on pg. 9)? Anything new going on, trial wise?

:seeya:

I like your potato / shepard's pie analogy... good one! :)

And believe me, I think ALV is as kooky as the day is long... and that definitely came thru on the stand. Samuels came across as a joke too.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that DeMarte had clear, concise information, and was more reputable than the defense witnesses.

My main point really was more about the trickiness of discussing mental illnesses during a trial. You never know how the jury is going to process and apply that information. The DeMarte comment was more of a side note. I saw so many comments on the board of how people totally fell in love with her, and I thought she was good, but just wasn't as enthralled like everybody else.

At the end of the day, to your point, she obviously was effective for the verdict (thank god) and that's really all that matters. As to how this all plays out for a sentence, is yet to be seen.

Hi Yes or No :seeya:

Some trial talk and some quit smoking talk today

Hi marlap :seeya:

Quit smoking? Never, for me. It's my only vice (I am a nun). I don't drink, take drugs, etc. My son says I have a "sorry life". I don't think so :floorlaugh: and that's what's important. I smoke about a 1/2 pack a day now, because of the $ (use to smoke 2 packs). I don't have too much stress anymore, so maybe that's why??

Do you ever make yourself laugh, and then you can't stop and you're crying, and people are walking by just staring at you like maybe you're having a seizure but they're afraid to ask, but really you're just laughing at how funny you are, even though no one else would think it was funny at all but you do, so it is.

That just happened to me.

I may be going insane.

I still cannot believe that the foreman thought JA was normal before she met Travis. Deanna had a very long relationship with Travis and did not seem to turn crazy. JA and Travis only dated a few months and lived far apart. I think the foreman is just trying to justify his reason for not wanting the DP. To me the fact that JA was normal until she met Travis is total hogwash.

I just ate 15 oreos. I feel sick.

That is so random it made me laugh!!! :floorlaugh:

However, I am sorry you feel sick. Maybe try to throw them up? KIDDING!

If they can get those words "psychopath" admitted to trial via DeMarte, with specific test data and further explanation of what that means vs. clinically insane... that is a winner for a sentence, IMO.

I think more people can relate to the words psychopath than they can to borderline. I don't know anybody who wants to give leniency to a psychopath.

MOO

Hi marlap :seeya:

Quit smoking? Never, for me. It's my only vice (I am a nun). I don't drink, take drugs, etc. My son says I have a "sorry life". I don't think so :floorlaugh: and that's what's important. I smoke about a 1/2 pack a day now, because of the $ (use to smoke 2 packs). I don't have too much stress anymore, so maybe that's why??

My sister said the same sort of thing when she quit drugs and alcohol. "No way I am I giving up smoking too. That's just too much."

But she smokes a LOT, and has since she was a teenager, plus they're the big long ghetto cigarettes, and I worry about her getting lung cancer. :(

Do you ever make yourself laugh, and then you can't stop and you're crying, and people are walking by just staring at you like maybe you're having a seizure but they're afraid to ask, but really you're just laughing at how funny you are, even though no one else would think it was funny at all but you do, so it is.

That just happened to me.

I may be going insane.

You sound pretty cool and normal to me :) Rock on with your laugh attack!

My sister tried Chantix and was fine for a couple weeks until she woke up one day SEVERELY depressed and crazy(ier than normal). That scared me so I'm afraid to try it.

And yeah, I'll quit smoking but I'll shoot my own head clear off my neck because I'm so depressed. That helps.

My brother used Chantix more than two years ago...it worked, but he became depressed and mean, and refused to see that it was doing anything to him. He's no longer mean, but has little interest in the activities he used to enjoy.

I don't think Jodi realizes yet the gravity of what she's done. Even now her story is changing to suit the situation as she sees it. Trial, irrefutable confession,
hard core evidence of premeditation.

To Jodi, this was like opening a play out of town to rewrite and work the kinks out.

No Jodi, this was it. You're a psycho murderer.

Unless you know him (and his background) personally, I don't know how you can be so sure. What if he gets well, gets out, and kills again. Then who is responsible? I'm not arguing with you, I just see it differently.

Here's some back ground on me: My dad is BPD, Antisocial, and Narcissist, my 2nd ex is Bi-polar, PTSD, Paranoid Schizophrenic with psychotic tendencies, Panic Disorder, my current BF is PTSD, Panic Disorder, Bi-polar, and I am 23 years diagnosed PTSD, Chronic Depression, and Panic Disorder. SMI: Severely mentally ill.
Para-Schizo usually appears in young males between 17 and 25 years of age. Family members and friends will notice that they are just a tad "off", like their just not on the same page. In many cases, the individual will start self medicating with alcohol and/or drugs (which can cause psychotic manifestations) because "reality" is not quite making sense, they here sounds, voices, "things" in their head and in their surroundings. They slowly withdraw from society, friends, school, family. They found ominous "messages" in newspapers, books, billboards, or just a casual conversation and run with it. They can take one part of an experience or story of another person and create an entire different reality out of it. They become obsessed with something or someone in particular, and they can relate EVERYTHING in their reality to that obsession. The obsession becomes a "mission". Good and Evil play heavily into it as they start becoming psychotic. They become a "savior", "messenger", or "character" and become totally absorbed into it.
Holmes started to become reclusive, he cut off all ties with his support system (other people), he became secretive, he dropped out of school, his responses to peers were nonsensical, he became obsessed with a movie/comic book, he "became" the character "Joker" and in his state of reality "believed" he was, in fact, the Joker. And he created a "mission". His "right and wrong" became his own, not that of Social norms.
Jared Loughner followed the same pattern, only his was the Government and Gabby Gifford. He took on the persona of "Savior".
Medication stabilizes them to a somewhat normal reality. I don't think Holmes should ever be released. Para/Schizo patients commonly quit taking their meds due to the side effects, they start self medicating, or because they feel better and don't think they need them, and they snowball back into the illness.
My 2nd ex went psychotic ANNUALLY, due to quitting his meds or self medicating. Then the police would come, title him out and he'd spend 72 hours in the Nut Hut getting back on his meds and being evaluated. He had ALL the symptoms of a blooming Para/Schizo by the time he was 17, but his mom IGNORED them because of the social stigma. (for God's sake, the woman was a Social Worker who did intake on teens and pre-teens for Psych issues!)
Seriously, I could write a novel on all I experienced with my dad and my 2nd ex, but I can usually read just the history of most of these so called "crazy killers" from 15 on and there are markers that just scream Para/Schizo.
I wouldn't even want to touch the Newton situation. That boy's mother was either totally oblivious or in complete denial, and telling neighbors her son had Aspergers was unconscionable.
Going to chill.........this just gets me worked up because many of these tragedies could have been avoided if parents would damn the social stigma and get their kids help when they see something "not quite right". :moo:

I agree. I think she's a psychopath and psychopaths are like bugs that don't know they're bugs...

I really think she really thinks she's ALL THAT....talented, pretty, a good person...

It's like her brain doesn't see her own soul or something...

She's a cold-blooded psychopath.

BBM

This is such a powerful, and spot-on, statement about JA. It's an intriguing way to describe a psychopath. Some people believe that "soulless" people exist. I believe that everybody has a soul, but that evil exists among us. This is the perfect explanation of how somebody with a soul turns evil - their brain doesn't recognize that they have a soul. Kind of having a light bulb moment right now.

I was just inspired...

[video=youtube;e2EnVvnUny0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2EnVvnUny0[/video]

I think you all like this song

[video=youtube;PFJ0EfWgZ3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFJ0EfWgZ3c[/video]
h

little Southern Rock-What a good song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online