SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand, from a legal standpoint, how something like that would be allowed to be withheld. :facepalm:

Dr. Demarte was a rebuttal witness, so she only had to discount the PTSD, anything else would have gone beyond the scope. JMO

Dr. DeMarte testified that she diagnosed Jodi with four things but only explained one of them. I wonder if the defense will call her themselves and go into the other three with her to go for the mentally insane defense they now want to try.

bznbear, thank you for the suggestion :seeya:

"May I suggest Beautiful Creatures, the movie and the books (caster chronicles)?"

Odd you mention that movie. I never saw it but parts of it were shot very close to where I live in the boonies. The shot film at an old house around here and footage in the swamp area, don't know what made it into the final cut though.

I think we are reaping the consequences of detaining two attorneys for even more innings, when they have so long been desperate to end their representation of the C.M. Now Willmott has found another activity that takes precedence and priority over appearing for C.M. on July 18. Really? No one is enthralled by their legal form and mastery on behalf of C.M. so far but I can almost pity them for being held in servitude to her. Aside from throwing spurious accusations at the prosecutor and county attorney, they may be checking their hand & preparing more dilatory plays, hoping to keep the opposition stuck until they fold or tip over in weariness.

I think we are reaping the consequences of detaining two attorneys for even more innings, when they have so long been desperate to end their representation of the C.M. Now Willmott has found another activity that takes precedence and priority over appearing for C.M. on July 18. Really? No one is enthralled by their legal form and mastery on behalf of C.M. so far but I can almost pity them for being held in servitude to her. Aside from throwing spurious accusations at the prosecutor and county attorney, they may be checking their hand & preparing more dilatory plays, hoping to keep the opposition stuck until they fold or tip over in weariness.

I love the way you write, are you an author?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd you mention that movie. I never saw it but parts of it were shot very close to where I live in the boonies. The shot film at an old house around here and footage in the swamp area, don't know what made it into the final cut though.

I haven't seen it, bznbear suggested it, when I was in the midst of my vampire daydream session :) I'll have to check it out.

Did you go over and watch any of the filming? I once watched a filming of that tv show, Alias, with Jennifer Garner. They were shooting at an arboretum up in the LA area. It was such a cool experience. Those crews work some looooong, crazy hours.

Hey everyone I wanted to stop in and give you all a heads up to an amazing documentary called Girl Rising that will air Sunday June 16th at 9:00pm on CNN.

My daughter and I are attending a screening tonight (that people had to spend $10 a ticket to see), so this is an incredible opportunity for people to see this film for free.

Unfortunately it is Father's Day but if you aren't around please consider setting your DVR's- you won't be disappointed!

You can see the trailer here:

[video=youtube;BJsvklXhYaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJsvklXhYaE[/video]

I can relate to what you saying. I haven't like drs. for 30 years. It is like we, the patient, are idiots. It is our body geeeeeeeeeez ... not there.

Don't get me started on drs... :banghead:

OMG I was JUST saying that to a friend of mine. I think I know what's going on in MY body!!! Will you just LISTEN when I tell you NOTHING else has worked for 20 years and we need to try something different???

I'm getting madder and madder. He still hasn't called.

And that personality disorders are very common in those who commit violent crimes. And that having this type of disorder is not a mitigating factor as they do know right from wrong. I mean, what is the DT trying to do, make a case to excuse all violent crimes and give a get out of jail free card to all the convicts? :waitasec:
Now we're talkin. Hopefully the public can have something to say via the DA about this.
PDs live in society among the rest of us, as adults with full capacity to make reasoned decisions and are responsible for their actions as are the rest of us. A retrospective PD diagnosis should not be able to be used as a 'get out of jail' card. PD refers to the personality or character of the person. Personality aside, if that person, as a free member of society with full capacity to make reasoned decisions, commits a heinous murder, then they should be punished by The Law. Their personality diagnosis may only be helpful to LE and therapists to determine their risk to others. Sociopathy is an example. It does not absolve them of their criminal responsibility IMO.

Respectfully snipped...

Good morning :seeya:

I know there were many fans of DeMarte out there, so don't shoot me, but I personally wasn't hugely impressed with her as a witness. I didn't dislike her. I just didn't think she was incredible like some people thought.

Certainly no offense to her and her practice at all. I am not questioning her ability in her career. I am looking at it strictly from the perspective of somebody sitting in a jury box, summing up the person sitting in front of me giving testimony.

My initial impression of her was that she seemed a little bit cocky. I did appreciate that she was direct in her answers; a very refreshing difference from the defense witnesses! But at times, her answers felt a little defensive to me. I don't know if this was nerves, or perhaps she is just a straight forward, no warm fuzzies kind of gal. To each his own. But that air of cockiness came off to me like they were one-upping the defense. It felt like... so you say PTSD, well, we know better and we say BPD. That was just how it "felt" to me. (Sorry to get all Nurmi on you there) :giggle:

Mentioning BPD at all is a slippery slope. Any time you introduce any type of mental assessment, you run the risk of the jurors using that for an excuse or for leniency. With that said, of course the prosecution has to present something in regards to her mental state, being that the defense is claiming she has PTSD, not to mention the fact that she walks around with zero emotion and everybody is like, WTH. They had to offer something.

I do think that in his closing, Juan could have wrapped up the point that BPD does not equal clinically insane, and is not to be considered as a mitigating factor. I would not have spent a lot of time on it, because the more time you harp on mental issues, the more the jury thinks about it. Just a simple and direct point, which he is brilliant at, to remind them.

I tend to think that this was part of the reason that we never saw the Sandy Arias interview tape in trial. Her stating that Jodi had mental issues, including a bipolar speculation, can open up a whole can of worms with the jury. Maybe Juan just didn't want to go there, too risky.

All just my opinion, and I welcome your feedback :)

Good afternoon, everyone :seeya:
Haven't been here for a couple (one on my wires that connect to my computer was eaten by The Queen and had to be replaced- damn computers and the think-a-ma-bogs that go with them). :violin:

Lisa, I liked Dr. D. "Cocky"- No. She was very methodical, concise, and didn't embellish her testimony- what a "scientist" should be and do.. I think of her as a vegetable, the potato. Plain, filling, and good for you. And ALV as a Shepard's pie- mixed with all sorts of embellishments- gravies, other veggies, meats, spices, flour, etc., topped with mashed potatoes with milk, butter, salt. ALV embellished her testiphony with all sorts of little parables of fuzzy things (so warm-oh, makes you want to listen to her all day- blah) and she entertained the jury. Some of the jury "liked" it, I guess and ate her Shepard's pie (come to Grandma and eat my Shepard pie, like good little children :HHJP:). I think of it as, do I want the "truth" or do I want the "fairy tale'- do I want the ME's/Juan's version of what happened to Travis or do I want JW/Nurmi's version?
Defensive, at times. Yes. JW was trying to discredit her and her testimony. Who wouldn't be a little defensive?? And her testimony makes more sense to me than ALV's (who I think is very knowledgable about Domestic Violence and has probably done a lot for that cause). ALV just drank JA's Kool-Aid- JA- who is very manipulative and, for some people who just look at the outside of something (ie. Mr. Zervakos, with his "she doesn't look like a murderer and wasn't a Dalmer or Manson), JA can pull the wool over their eyes.
Everyone has different "feelings" and that's their right. Are they "right"? am I "right"? Yes, we all are, because it's their feeling and my feeling, which comes with all their and my life's experiences.

Anyway, :twocents:

What has everyone been talking about (just jumped on pg. 9)? Anything new going on, trial wise?

:seeya:

BBM: "I seriously cannot smoke and walk at the same time." :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I was really bad......I jogged 4 miles everyday from the time I was 13 to 32, when I could. When I started smoking at 18, I'd go for my run, walk in the door, grab some water, and light up a Camel Hump, that's a non-filtered Camel cig. I must have been hard core:scared:

per request from below:

mybabyts.jpg

mybabyts.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/8494/mybabyts.jpg

I just had an epiphany! As I said, "I'm a widow", so there's no WHOOPEE for me any more. I used to love me some wine, but I hated the headaches in the morning, so I quit drinking. Now, I'm going to quit smoking in about 3 days. Wow! I'll be "CONVENT READY"! :angel: :floorlaugh:

Ugh! :twocents:

P.S. I originally spelled WHOOPEE as WHOOPIE. Auto-correct changed it and I wondered WHY? So I Googled WHOOPIE, which is how I've seen it spelled so many times. Guess what? WHOOPIE means "poopies". (I guess that's why they're called WHOOPIE CUSHIONS.)

:seeya:Dani - you just need to try more wine...most reds give me a headache but not all... and liquor is quicker! A teensy amount of rum never hurt me! How do you think all the nuns make it through the day? :floorlaugh: :seeya:

Good afternoon, everyone :seeya:
Haven't been here for a couple (one on my wires that connect to my computer was eaten by The Queen and had to be replaced- damn computers and the think-a-ma-bogs that go with them). :violin:

Lisa, I liked Dr. D. "Cocky"- No. She was very methodical, concise, and didn't embellish her testimony- what a "scientist" should be and do.. I think of her as a vegetable, the potato. Plain, filling, and good for you. And ALV as a Shepard's pie- mixed with all sorts of embellishments- gravies, other veggies, meats, spices, flour, etc., topped with mashed potatoes with milk, butter, salt. ALV embellished her testiphony with all sorts of little parables of fuzzy things (so warm-oh, makes you want to listen to her all day- blah) and she entertained the jury. Some of the jury "liked" it, I guess and ate her Shepard's pie (come to Grandma and eat my Shepard pie, like good little children :HHJP:). I think of it as, do I want the "truth" or do I want the "fairy tale'- do I want the ME's/Juan's version of what happened to Travis or do I want JW/Nurmi's version?
Defensive, at times. Yes. JW was trying to discredit her and her testimony. Who wouldn't be a little defensive?? And her testimony makes more sense to me than ALV's (who I think is very knowledgable about Domestic Violence and has probably done a lot for that cause). ALV just drank JA's Kool-Aid- JA- who is very manipulative and, for some people who just look at the outside of something (ie. Mr. Zervakos, with his "she doesn't look like a murderer and wasn't a Dalmer or Manson), JA can pull the wool over their eyes.
Everyone has different "feelings" and that's their right. Are they "right"? am I "right"? Yes, we all are, because it's their feeling and my feeling, which comes with all their and my life's experiences.

Anyway, :twocents:

What has everyone been talking about (just jumped on pg. 9)? Anything new going on, trial wise?

Hi Yes or No :seeya:

Some trial talk and some quit smoking talk today

I'd really like to hear more from DrDeMarte. Everything she says is absolute proof Jodi should NEVER be released from prison.

Jodi's demeanor in testimony is this is all a game. She focuses on one point (person/goal) without comprehending the whole picture of her actions. In the past, Jodi wreaked havoc in her very small arena, then moved on to another INDIVIDUAL. She 'handled' the Travis problem then moved immediately on to Ryan. The WHOLE picture escapes her.

Right now, it's a game to Jodi to escape DP with 'lets say I'm nuts'. She's moved past her crime and has absolutely no clue what a psycho she really is.

I'm no professional to evaluate her. Just a certified (non violent) nut myself. Hope I explained myself clearly.

if i'm remembering correctly (trying to find where I read this)...Dr. Demarte found a lot more in Jodi's psych eval that was not allowed to be brought out at trial because it was deemed too prejudicial. I wonder if it was anti-social personality disorder/ Jodi is a psychopath

This is a good post. Thanks for reminding us. It might be helpful to remember that there was more. :goodpost:

ME TOOOOO!!! OMGosh I have all of the places memorized down to the second when I pull out a cigarette. Those are the hardest moments.

I just went and bought a disposable e-cig. I figure that will help when the cravings are really bad and especially when I'm driving past my sister's house. :)

Congratulations to everyone else who has quit! I love hearing success stories!

My only advice is be careful with your e-cig, some are stronger than others...you don't necessarily need to inhale as many puffs as a whole cigarette to feel that your nic fit is satisfied...I overdid it by holding it in my mouth and didn't realize it until I was sick to my stomach:scared:

I'd really like to hear more from DrDeMarte. Everything she says is absolute proof Jodi should NEVER be released from prison.

Jodi's demeanor in testimony is this is all a game. She focuses on one point (person/goal) without comprehending the whole picture of her actions. In the past, Jodi wreaked havoc in her very small arena, then moved on to another INDIVIDUAL. She 'handled' the Travis problem then moved immediately on to Ryan. The WHOLE picture escapes her.

Right now, it's a game to Jodi to escape DP with 'lets say I'm nuts'. She's moved past her crime and has absolutely no clue what a psycho she really is.

I'm no professional to evaluate her. Just a certified (non violent) nut myself. Hope I explained myself clearly.

I agree. I think she's a psychopath and psychopaths are like bugs that don't know they're bugs...

I really think she really thinks she's ALL THAT....talented, pretty, a good person...

It's like her brain doesn't see her own soul or something...

She's a cold-blooded psychopath.

If they being in those parent videos Jodi is TOAST!! I think those videos would have had a real impact had they been shown the first round. However I also just realized there would have been nothing that would have made the foreman change his vote to death. So never mind.

BBM I think the videos could have made a difference with the foreman. Didn't he say that JA was "normal" all thru her life until she met Travis? The vidoes could dispute that "normal" , don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97