SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when we lose our fur babies....I had a golden retriever named Bunny for 14 years before Mimi.

Are you going to get another pupster?

You guys are freaking me out. My Yorkie has been acting different the past few days. Son (see above) noticed it too and mentioned it to me tonight. I hope she just has a tummy ache or something but I worry.

I shouldn't be on here, I should be sleeping. But, I'm a mess.

I know it's overly dramatic and I know it's stupid but my son had his 8th grade "graduation" tonight. They had a mother/son dance....

He's just growing so fast and I only have four more years with him at home. How did 14 years go by this quickly? I love him and he's so funny and he makes me belly laugh every day. I can't imagine him not being here and being a man and not needing me anymore.

Again, I apologize. I'm being ridiculous and I don't know why I'm even posting this here... I guess cuz I feel comfortable.

Thanks for letting me vent. :( my eyes are going to be all puffy tomorrow from crying and I'm going to be SO ugly! Maybe I'll post a picture so you can all laugh at me.

Hugs! Reaching the age of 18 is not the magic move out #. Some kids stay and go to Junior College, some to a local University, others need more time to get established to move out. 18 is so young to be on your own, especially for boys. I would strongly :facepalm: encourage him to stay at home, get his education and sponge off his parents as long as he can. Especially, if he goes to college.

Mine moved out as an "adult" and it only lasted a few months. He can't go to college full time, have a full-time job, pay his own bills etc. So, for now, he works 20 hours a week, goes to his University full time, and Mommy feeds him. He pays his own car payment and everything else with his money. As long as his GPA is good, we are good. I still do his laundry during finals.

Vent away. Many Mommy's go through the same thing. I have bawled my eyes out plenty of nights. I wish I could do it all over again, but not change a darn thing!

Y'all will be all boom chicka wow wow...

:slap:

However, that made me laugh, so thanks. I have a friend who says, "brown chicken, brown cow," instead of boom chicka wow wow. Makes me lol inside.

I shouldn't be on here, I should be sleeping. But, I'm a mess.

I know it's overly dramatic and I know it's stupid but my son had his 8th grade "graduation" tonight. They had a mother/son dance....

He's just growing so fast and I only have four more years with him at home. How did 14 years go by this quickly? I love him and he's so funny and he makes me belly laugh every day. I can't imagine him not being here and being a man and not needing me anymore.

Again, I apologize. I'm being ridiculous and I don't know why I'm even posting this here... I guess cuz I feel comfortable.

Thanks for letting me vent. :( my eyes are going to be all puffy tomorrow from crying and I'm going to be SO ugly! Maybe I'll post a picture so you can all laugh at me.

Oh, Hopeful, I can't tell you how I identify with what you are going through. Seriously, my son is 28 years old and I still have empty next syndrome. And am in a rather consistent state of semi-depression. It seems ridiculous, I know, but being a mother was my whole life for so long. I was very involved with his life, even educationally, homeschooled him for four years as well.

Oh, sure, I at one time had what I thought was a career, worked as an RN. Then went back to school for yet another degree, thinking I would become a Psychologist /Counselor/ Social Worker. Yet, life intervened, and it didn't happen the way I had envisioned.

Now when I look back, being a mother to my son is all that really mattered. I would give nothing for that experience. Since, I have completely left my career behind and gave up on continuing my education. Why? At some poimt, I decided those things don't matter to me anymore. Am I wrong? I don't know.

But no, you're not being overly dramatic, our children do grow, so, so fast, and the years do go by so, so quickly. And we love our children with all our hearts, souls, and minds. All I can say is immerse yourself in every minute of their lives that you possibly can. Time is fleeting. :heart:

Hopeful, it's all good!! You're doing your job.

My baby boy graduated high school last weekend, had prom, and is now down the shore. I'm dying here!!!!

My daughter just finished her junior year in college, so next year dear hubby and I will be empty nesters!!

I been crying for a week!! I need a grand baby, lol!!

Punkin! You'll be a great grandma when the time comes...do you have any fur babies?

Hugs! Reaching the age of 18 is not the magic move out #. Some kids stay and go to Junior College, some to a local University, others need more time to get established to move out. 18 is so young to be on your own, especially for boys. I would strongly :facepalm: encourage him to stay at home, get his education and sponge off his parents as long as he can. Especially, if he goes to college.

Mine moved out as an "adult" and it only lasted a few months. He can't go to college full time, have a full-time job, pay his own bills etc. So, for now, he works 20 hours a week, goes to his University full time, and Mommy feeds him. He pays his own car payment and everything else with his money. As long as his GPA is good, we are good. I still do his laundry during finals.

Vent away. Many Mommy's go through the same thing. I have bawled my eyes out plenty of nights. I wish I could do it all over again, but not change a darn thing!

You sound like a good mama! I always thought, when the kids were lil, why on earth do parents keep them around once they're grown and should be on their own?? Don't they want their space? Don't they want quiet and couple time??

(No)

Now I get it.

Oh, Hopeful, I can't tell you how I identify with what you are going through. Seriously, my son is 28 years old and I still have empty next syndrome. And am in a rather consistent state of semi-depression. It seems ridiculous, I know, but being a mother was my whole life for so long. I was very involved with his life, even educationally, homeschooled him for four years as well.

Oh, sure, I at one time had what I thought was a career, worked as an RN. Then went back to school for yet another degree, thinking I would become a Psychologist /Counselor/ Social Worker. Yet, life intervened, and it didn't happen the way I had envisioned.

Now when I look back, being a mother to my son is all that really mattered. I would give nothing for that experience. Since, I have completely left my career behind and gave up on continuing my education. Why? At some poimt, I decided those things don't matter to me anymore. Am I wrong? I don't know.

But no, you're not being overly dramatic, our children do grow, so, so fast, and the years do go by so, so quickly. And we love our children with all our hearts, souls, and minds. All I can say is immerse yourself in every minute of their lives that you possibly can. Time is fleeting. :heart:

I'm not a woman of many great words at the moment but you are awesome.

Thank you. :hug:

I hate it when we lose our fur babies....I had a golden retriever named Bunny for 14 years before Mimi.

Are you going to get another pupster?

Oh, yes, we have to. Me, as wife has never been pregnant but still have that need to take care of a baby. We have too much crap for ourselves, right now, though that we have to take care of before we can be good responsible parents...My husband has cancer and just lost his left eye and now I am probably going to lose some teeth if not all...

So you hang onto your grandchildren too, every minute you can. Been there (still there) & it's priceless. thx.

Punkin! You'll be a great grandma when the time comes...do you have any fur babies?

Yes! One gorgeous little rescue mutt that rules the house and we all adore!!

Little Mia !!

But, oh, the smell of a baby.....

Y'all will be all boom chicka wow wow...

ETA. Wait...just saw the above post....husband has a girlfriend or you son?

Son, silly! :floorlaugh:

I wish I knew how to smallen (I made that word up, as I do a lot) up a picture cuz I would soooo post one of my handsome son really quick and then delete it (Im paranoid about web privacy). I wish I wasn't computer dumb.

Oh, yes, we have to. Me, as wife has never been pregnant but still have that need to take care of a baby. We have too much crap for ourselves, right now, though that we have to take care of before we can be good responsible parents...My husband has cancer and just lost his left eye and now I am probably going to lose some teeth if not all...

I'm so sorry your husband has cancer and lost his eye! Is his prognosis good?

I hope y'all get to a point soon where you can get another pup.

I never had kids either and my fur babies are such joy.

This is one of the most beautiful songs to me, the message as beautiful as the tune:

[video=youtube;WogXHXua9Ds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WogXHXua9Ds[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member