SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the people quitting smoking. It is my last vice, and believe me I had many.

I was wanting to quit and then cancer happened. I have just started buying only 1 pack at a time and using an e-cig, but my nerves get the best of me and I walk outside and smoke 2-3 cigarettes. I have smoked for 21 years and my kid gets cancer.....go figure!

Nope. Nobody has mentioned it. Thank you! I just checked and found an E-Cig thread but there are only 15 posts. If you come across an actual "Quitters" thread, would you please post a link? I'll keep searching, though. Thanks again.:seeya:

Okay, that's weird. The only one I can find is really old. I know there's a newer one (I swear I just saw it within the last week or so) but I can't seem to find it and I don't remember the title of the thread.

This is the old one, I guess we could bump it up if we can't find the other one.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46294

Wow, Bernina, thanks for sharing that experience! Your life is quite an interesting adventure that wakens all the senses.

When I got home from work yesterday, I started searching youtube - I needed to listen to drumming/chanting. I don't know why, other than it reaches me so deep to the core. I didn't want to do anything else, not read nor watch tv, and I had no conversation in me.

Here's a well known song....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd_EVVXp0_4

That is so beautiful! Thank you!

Congrats to the people quitting smoking. It is my last vice, and believe me I had many.

I was wanting to quit and then cancer happened. I have just started buying only 1 pack at a time and using an e-cig, but my nerves get the best of me and I walk outside and smoke 2-3 cigarettes. I have smoked for 21 years and my kid gets cancer.....go figure!

One thing at a time, sister. Don't beat yourself up over it. You have enough on your plate right now. You will quit when the time is right. :hug:

Be glad your Mom was there to catch it! Walls patch easy too!:seeya:

Thanks! Turns out the plumber says the AC unit is leaking in a couple different places.

The water damage restorer people came out too and will work with my insurance company. I'm waiting to hear from them...

I just get stressed out cos of the money, but it is only money...

I've only been a homeowner the last six and a half years and it's shocking how much I've already had to spend on repairs (it was a brand new house, I'm the first occupant).

I guess it's the trade off from renting. Thank heavens I have a 15-year mortgage!

I'll drink to that :toast: :drink:

I don't know why, but that reminded me of our bowling team (I know, I'm a nerd, we live in a small town, there's nothing else to do. Cut me some slack.) a few years ago. We had shirts made that said, "Our drinking team has a bowling problem."

:floorlaugh:

I wouldn't worry about it right now! You just focus on Kyle.

travis7.jpg

How stranger’s kindness helped create Travis fund
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/05/travis-alexander-legacy-fund-jodi-arias-trial

I don't know why but the past few days I can't see a picture of him without crying. :(

BBM~ How many packs in a carton?

In Canada, it's 10 bucks a pack- nonsense. We can grow and sell marijuana and tax it if that't the case. :banghead:

A carton is 10 packs. If you go to some place like 7-11, they are over $6.00 a pack here. They're getting ready to raise the tax again on us though. I'm old enough to remember 50 cents a pack. My worse trigger is setting in front of the computer. My doc told me if I get to less than 6 a day, they'd consider me a non smoker. But at my current rate of a pack and a half a day, that's really hard to make. It would be great if I had the self control to only smoke outside, but I don't. My room is a converted single car garage that my Dad used and he smoked. The room reeks of smoke, so it really is hard to not smoke in here. I read a story about a guy in Britain who rented an island so stop smoking on. All he took was food and water. He didn't want to be around people when he quit. Doc says it's about as hard a heroin, but I'm thinking it's more mental. If it was physical, I'd awake in the middle of the night to get a fix, but I don't. So I tend to think it's mostly mental for me.

If the ciggs get you through it
get through it any way you can,you can alwas quit later

I use to work on the cancer floor for the children in my area hospital
it was so very sad
your story about the little girl the other made me remember about a girl I use to see
I cried a lot reading that story

I do hope your son pulls through-praying for you both

Okay, that's weird. The only one I can find is really old. I know there's a newer one (I swear I just saw it within the last week or so) but I can't seem to find it and I don't remember the title of the thread.

This is the old one, I guess we could bump it up if we can't find the other one.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46294

How would we go about requesting the mods to start us a new one? Do you know? :what:

I know what you mean. I have dear friends in Washington. First, he got kidney cancer, so they took his kidney. Then they found it in his lung so he was on chemo. Then his wife (who smokes) got lung cancer. She's free after surgery, but she's still smoking. Then they found her husband's cancer had moved to the brain, so he's had two brain surgeries and radiation. Right now, they have no food in their house because they ran out of money before they ran out of month.

This isn't the time to quit. Wait till things at least get as firm as Jello to try. Take care of first things first. I'll shoot up some extras prayers for you and your son tonight. :seeya:

I don't know why but the past few days I can't see a picture of him without crying. :(

Hugs HO!

Sometimes I have to step away from these horror cases to gain some perspective
and keep from sinking down a big black hole. [And NO! - not the JA variety!:giggle: ]

Very True!
I had lots of triggers, the worst was when I was driving. Every day at the same stoplight I would reach for the pack! I finally made my self drive a different way to work. :facepalm: I seriously cannot smoke and walk at the same time, so walking really helped! :seeya:

My new goal is to be completely done by 40! :seeya:

I still remember two things my great aunt told me about being a grown up, even though I was only five when she died.
Number one was that I should never wear pink lipstick because my coloring is just like hers and I need red.
The other was That it is only okay for a lady to smoke while she's sitting. Not walking, not standing. She thought that looked trashy.

Fifty years later, and I still follow her "no pink lipstick" advice, but I smoke walking around all the time - because I smoke outside only and I tend to pace. My dog doesn't care if I look trashy. :fence:

Thanks! Turns out the plumber says the AC unit is leaking in a couple different places.

The water damage restorer people came out too and will work with my insurance company. I'm waiting to hear from them...

I just get stressed out cos of the money, but it is only money...

I've only been a homeowner the last six and a half years and it's shocking how much I've already had to spend on repairs (it was a brand new house, I'm the first occupant).

I guess it's the trade off from renting. Thank heavens I have a 15-year mortgage!

Don't let the STRESS of money get to you. I'll bet your insurance covers EVERYTHING. My daughter just went thru a dishwasher leak that ruined her flooring, walls, cupboards. She got a whole new kitchen, over $25K and insurance covered it all. :twocents:

Morning everyone!

Haven't had time to read through the threads for the past few days - just heard about the bombshell yesterday that the DT is going to play off of Dr. D's borderline dx...and go for diminished capacity or mental illness or some such thing. I had a feeling they would try something like this. After all, JA has already given 3 excuses for the murder - why not go for No. 4! First of all, JA did know the diff between right and wrong in spite of her psychosis.

They might be able to pull something off, albeit a day late and a dollar short, by using the testimony of the parents during the Flores interviews to play on the sympathy of he jurors. The mother stated that she was so worried about her daughter's condition, she tried contacting the Mormon Bishop in Yreka to find out who JA's Bishop was in Mesa. The father stated that JA's condition deteriorated badly the last 18 months before she killed Travis, i.e. the foreclosure, bankruptcy, money woes, and break-up with DB. The break-up with Travis was the coup d'etat. There was the phone call from a friend who said they needed to come get their daughter - she was psychotic (or something to that effect). If they parents are allowed to testify, they can tell the jury they brought JA back to Yreka to live with her grandparents because she was mentally incapacitated due to the circumstances of the last 18 months. Of course, Juan just needs to ask them why they didn't hospitalize her and get her into therapy.

Now that Nurmi and Willmott have months to prepare for the final round - there's no telling what they have up their sleeves. One thing we do know: they can't undo the GUILTY, MURDER ONE verdict on the grounds of mental illness. I doubt that 'inherently evil' falls into that category.

Hi, weirdos!!

Day Two of no smoking in honor of Travis!!! :woot:

Yeah!

If you ever get overwhelmed and find yourself ready to give up and buy a pack, buy an e-cigarette instead;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically after 5 years and millions of dollars in income generated from their client, they still don't know who she, what's she's about, and if she is crazy or not.

:findinglink:

Congratulations Hopeful One. I need to stop smoking bad. I wake up and my chest is so sore. I like reading everyone's posts about smoking. I read Allen Carr's, Easy Way To Quit Smoking, and quit for 3 days but kept sneaking a cigarette and now I am smoking more than ever. I think I will read it again and make an honest attempt to quit. I welcome all prayers for the desire to stop smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper