Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 pick up all shoes
#2 never leave the house

Yes... we had to ask the kids to put their shoes on the mantle above the fireplace when they came in. Thank goodness the $ tree sold flip flops for a dollar!!! I bought more chew toys. Problem was that my dog would tear up most of them within min!! FINALLY found one that lasts...

Well he doesn't eat shoes anymore... he has graduated to the couch. He has eaten most of it now. I have to crate him or keep him closed in the room with me. He has destroyed so much stuff! He isn't my first dog but absolutely has been a challenge. All the other dogs stopped chewing by 6 months...

I thought about one if those thunder shirts for dogs... He is 17 months old now. ... he can't be teething anymore can he?
THAT or one of us will have to start taking Xanax!! Lol
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

watching Nancy ... don't have much to say. wonder where M has been all week!

You must have been watching an "Old Nancy" episode...Did she get banned by HLN for awhile after making racist comments? I wonder...

:offtobed: Have a good night.

Thanks - You too, Zuri...

I have a major sleeping problem - Can I sue Nurmi & Co for this?! It started with that trial...Maybe websleuths is responsible? LOL - Just kidding...

Yes... we had to ask the kids to put their shoes on the mantle above the fireplace when they came in. Thank goodness the $ tree sold flip flops for a dollar!!! I bought more chew toys. Problem was that my dog would tear up most of them within min!! FINALLY found one that lasts...

Well he doesn't eat shoes anymore... he has graduated to the couch. He has eaten most of it now. I have to crate him or keep him closed in the room with me. He has destroyed so much stuff! He isn't my first dog but absolutely has been a challenge. All the other dogs stopped chewing by 6 months...

I thought about one if those thunder shirts for dogs... He is 17 months old now. ... he can't be teething anymore can he?
THAT or one of us will have to start taking Xanax!! Lol
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I have never had this problem with either dog (Schnauzer and Shepherd). Discipline

I just got home. I went to a play called the Drowsy Chaperone. It was funny and it was good to laugh. I love going to watch all the talented local kids/young adults. I wish I could act, sing and dance. Looking forward to Fiddler on the Roof, but that isn't until February-March. Can do without those months but at least the play will be something to look forward to.

I have volunteered my time with some of the plays. Painting and setting up props. It's a lot of fun and the kids are great.

Jumping off my post to leave you with some entertainment. Plays put you in a different place, a different frame of mind. Lets you forget about troubles. Hope you late nighters enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrz97l5bCxk&feature=player_detailpage"]The Youth CONNection "Cold Feet" from "The Drowsy Chaperone" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0SFjFSFnN8&feature=player_detailpage"]Anything Goes - Shelton High School Drama Club - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WJUEFYoM-Pc

Sunday is what she said ... but I'm thinking she's been seeing him more. :floorlaugh:

Hey now, not true! :floorlaugh: Seriously, I haven't seen him since last weekend. I've been SO tired this week and trying to go to bed somewhat early. Y'all would be proud of me...I hung out with an old girlfriend tonight! I had so much fun. J and I were like sisters until about 2 years ago, got into a HUGE fight (don't even remember what about), and stopped contact. She got in touch with me a few weeks ago and I saw her tonight for the first time since. It was like we'd never been apart....we picked up right where we left off. We pigged out on pizza and wings and drank a LOT of wine. Hanging out next weekend again....so excited :) I attached a pic of our classy feast from the evening.

I'm putting the new boy on the backburner for now. If he gets ahold of me, great. If not...whatever. I met him online (match.com) and he randomly added me on Facebook yesterday. I noticed that ALL of his new friends on there are females, and I'm assuming they're from Match. Regardless of whether or not I'm right....I'm not pursuing it. If he wants to talk he can get ahold of me. I have too much going on right now with work and family.

Anyway!! Off to bed I go. It's 2am and I'm totally going to suffer from a wine hangover tomorrow. YUCK. Love all of you! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20130802_210405_603.jpg
    IMG_20130802_210405_603.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 21
Hey now, not true! :floorlaugh: Seriously, I haven't seen him since last weekend. I've been SO tired this week and trying to go to bed somewhat early. Y'all would be proud of me...I hung out with an old girlfriend tonight! I had so much fun. J and I were like sisters until about 2 years ago, got into a HUGE fight (don't even remember what about), and stopped contact. She got in touch with me a few weeks ago and I saw her tonight for the first time since. It was like we'd never been apart....we picked up right where we left off. We pigged out on pizza and wings and drank a LOT of wine. Hanging out next weekend again....so excited :) I attached a pic of our classy feast from the evening.

I'm putting the new boy on the backburner for now. If he gets ahold of me, great. If not...whatever. I met him online (match.com) and he randomly added me on Facebook yesterday. I noticed that ALL of his new friends on there are females, and I'm assuming they're from Match. Regardless of whether or not I'm right....I'm not pursuing it. If he wants to talk he can get ahold of me. I have too much going on right now with work and family.

Anyway!! Off to bed I go. It's 2am and I'm totally going to suffer from a wine hangover tomorrow. YUCK. Love all of you! :)

Glad to see you out and about enjoying yourself. Good for you for putting that guy on the back burner. Lots of girls on the facebook page would make me suspicious. Maybe he is playing the field. You are smart for taking it slow.

Raining here at the moment and the air has a chill in it. Went to bed to late and woke up to early. Busy day with grand kids today, babysitting again. Company coming tonight but they won't stay late.

I'm having a boudin ball for breakfast on the road home from Central Louisiana

image.jpg

We had some posts yesterday about job searching, so that was on my mind last night as I was falling asleep. I remembered some of my least favorite types of interview questions and some answers that I would never give.

"Tell me/us about a weakness of yours." Why do people ask this question in an interview? By now, it is a well worn question that should no longer asked because there is no surprise element in it and the answer will most likely be rehearsed. Honestly, everyone has relative strengths and weaknesses. We learn to use our strengths to compensate for our weaknesses, so that even absolute weaknesses can be overcome.

"Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered at work and how you handled it." The prospective employer wants to understand your problem solving abilities and how you respond in difficult situations. LOL, do they really want to know about some of the things women had to deal with back before they were protected by EEOC/sexual harassment laws? Young women today have no idea of what we had to deal with in the workplace. As late as 1986, I was still dealing with unwanted touching in the workplace. I was physically attractive, but did not dress or conduct myself provocatively. Sexual harassment was well practiced and ignored by management. I handled it with one guy by telling him if he ever grabbed me again, I would break every f'ing finger on his hand with the steel ruler I snatched off his desk.

Or maybe the time I played whistle blower on a CEO who was falsifying data for a government grant? My resignation was requested and in hindsight, I should have fought this and sued, as I would have won. I do have the satisfaction of knowing that the CEO was also forced to resign.

The other question that I have never liked is "Why should we hire you for this position over other qualified applicants?" Duh, to be honest, I don't know the other applicants and who is the most qualified and best suited for your company. That is why you are interviewing all of us; to gather as much information possible to determine who is the best fit for the position and your company.

We had some posts yesterday about job searching, so that was on my mind last night as I was falling asleep. I remembered some of my least favorite types of interview questions and some answers that I would never give.

"Tell me/us about a weakness of yours." Why do people ask this question in an interview? By now, it is a well worn question that should no longer asked because there is no surprise element in it and the answer will most likely be rehearsed. Honestly, everyone has relative strengths and weaknesses. We learn to use our strengths to compensate for our weaknesses, so that even absolute weaknesses can be overcome.

"Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered at work and how you handled it." The prospective employer wants to understand your problem solving abilities and how you respond in difficult situations. LOL, do they really want to know about some of the things women had to deal with back before they were protected by EEOC/sexual harassment laws? Young women today have no idea of what we had to deal with in the workplace. As late as 1986, I was still dealing with unwanted touching in the workplace. I was physically attractive, but did not dress or conduct myself provocatively. Sexual harassment was well practiced and ignored by management. I handled it with one guy by telling him if he ever grabbed me again, I would break every f'ing finger on his hand with the steel ruler I snatched off his desk.

Or maybe the time I played whistle blower on a CEO who was falsifying data for a government grant? My resignation was requested and in hindsight, I should have fought this and sued, as I would have won. I do have the satisfaction of knowing that the CEO was also forced to resign.

The other question that I have never liked is "Why should we hire you for this position over other qualified applicants?" Duh, to be honest, I don't know the other applicants and who is the most qualified and best suited for your company. That is why you are interviewing all of us; to gather as much information possible to determine who is the best fit for the position and your company.

I like the answer to your last question. Is that an answer you would really give, if so, how would the employer take it? It is a very honest answer.

Hello everyone! :seeya: I see I am the only one on here right now, but hopefully others will drop in some time today. I've missed you all!

Thats what I was thinking....it doesn't look very appetizing but I bet its delicious

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

I was curious what a Boudin Ball was too so I googled it. It's sausage meat formed into a ball, rolled in flour, dipped in egg and then bread crumbs, and then deep fried. Sounds like it could be good, and if TexMex makes them I'm sure they are delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking