SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for everything to get straightened out with my late mom's affairs. We got blindsided today with another screw up by the lawyer handling her estate/trust.

I was sooo angry and hurt today. The energy has been focused on this nonsense instead of the loss of my mom. We are going to have to sue the trustee, which means that this will just drag out much longer than it should.

YoN, I've never been told that I have occular migraines, but I do get those light shows. I don't like the ones in the daytime, but the light show at night is kind of cool. It's almost like looking at one of those black light static balls or lava lamps when I close my eyes.

When it first happened, I did get checked out by an opthamologist and everything was ok, so now I just accept it as part of me and when it happens I enjoy the show.

Sorry you're having so many problems with your Mom's estate. You sound so frustrated. I'll say some prayers for you and your family.

The board didn't post one of my posts and then I couldn't get in again :scared:

Hi

I'm not anyone, lol, just someone who enjoys the heck out of reading here.

I had a busy day today.
Went to the bank and then decided to stop at KMart to see if they had their nice, long fleece nightgowns (they didn't). We had lunch at the Little Caesars in the store and they gave me a coupon for 10% off bedding. So, of course, I had to avail myself and my son needed some new sheets (flannel with owls on them :floorlaugh:) and a new comforter. I found some lounging PJ's (2) for $6.98 each and some socks for my son. Then I had "points" for $20. In all, I saved $30 :drumroll:
Then we went food shopping and now my joints are killing me :floorlaugh:

I had a busy day today.
Went to the bank and then decided to stop at KMart to see if they had their nice, long fleece nightgowns (they didn't). We had lunch at the Little Caesars in the store and they gave me a coupon for 10% off bedding. So, of course, I had to avail myself and my son needed some new sheets (flannel with owls on them :floorlaugh:) and a new comforter. I found some lounging PJ's (2) for $6.98 each and some socks for my son. Then I had "points" for $20. In all, I saved $30 :drumroll:
Then we went food shopping and now my joints are killing me :floorlaugh:

Great sales! And sorry about your joints. :)

Was just eating peanuts.

Did anyone watch Under The Dome tonight? I read the book, and being a reader at King's site I knew the TV version would be different but I can't figure out the ending at all, I thought the finale was supposed to have answers but I'm more confused than ever. lol

Did anyone watch Under The Dome tonight? I read the book, and being a reader at King's site I knew the TV version would be different but I can't figure out the ending at all, I thought the finale was supposed to have answers but I'm more confused than ever. lol

Hi geevee - no, didn't watch it

I'm going to bed now- after I medicate myself so I can sleep :facepalm: Anyway, Frasier and Niles are waiting for me :floorlaugh:
Goodnight everyone :seeya:

:eek:fftobed:

don't forget Casey's hearing tomorrow .... TES has been moved to Nov. but Zaneida and Kronk are still on the schedule.

i'm going to bed now- after i medicate myself so i can sleep :facepalm: Anyway, frasier and niles are waiting for me :floorlaugh:
Goodnight everyone :seeya:

:eek:fftobed:

nite!

Nighty, night, sleep tight YoN.

Sweet dreams. :eek:fftobed:

I'm worried about Nore .... only saw her once this morning. Sure hope she is feeling better.

Hi geevee - no, didn't watch it

Hi daisymae :) I took a little look at King's site and he's apparently writing the first episode of the next season, thank goodness, I wasn't expecting a cliff hanger at all. lol

Hi daisymae :) I took a little look at King's site and he's apparently writing the first episode of the next season, thank goodness, I wasn't expecting a cliff hanger at all. lol

Do you mean Stephen King?

I'm not a fan. :)

Helloooooooooooooo- anybody here :poke:

I also have eye problems- Ocular Migraines- real fun when it happens :floorlaugh:

And it looks like this:

Visual Migraine Animation - YouTube

A first attempt to try to visualise the effect many people experience when having a visual migraine. These are not usually accompanied by pain, but sometimes are, and you may feel nauseous through the visual stimulation. They seem to be very common. Nothing can be done to avoid them it seems, but they don't appear to do any harm either. I have learned to sit back and enjoy the show! They start in the centre of vision, move outward to the perifery, then fade and disappear.

PLEASE NOTE: Video contains black and white flashing images. If you are susceptible to such effects triggering unpleasant consequences such as a migraine or epilepsy, please DO NOT WATCH IT.
-------------------------------------------------------------
And this is about Floaters:

Floaters and Flashes - YouTube

They may be annoying but do not cause any problems. However if a new floater comes on abruptly or if there is a sudden increase in the number of floaters, then you must be examined immediately to rule out a retinal tear.

I have those ocular migraines, too. Used to have migraines. Now I'm too old for migraines, LOL, and suddenly started having these a couple years ago, after at least 20 years migraine free. My ophthalmologist said he thought it could be some sort of generalized disease, so I was put through several tests but it just turned out to be scotoma.

I also get floaters. When they are really bad, mine are from a type of glaucoma in which eye pigment is discharged into the aqueous humor and beyond. I've only had one episode of that, thankfully, as it also caused halo effects to bright lights and streetlights which made it difficult to see and drive. I had to use regular glaucoma drops because it did cause an elevation in eye pressure, but it is a much more benign problem than regular glaucoma. It lasted a few months to a year and I've been free of it since.

:twocents:

LOL Yeah, that King. He's probably an acquired taste, or I'm just weird. ;)

haha I had a cousin in Maine that sort of knew him and said he was very strange! Cousin was a judge.

I have those ocular migraines, too. Used to have migraines. Now I'm too old for migraines, LOL, and suddenly started having these a couple years ago, after at least 20 years migraine free. My ophthalmologist said he thought it could be some sort of generalized disease, so I was put through several tests but it just turned out to be scotoma.

I also get floaters. When they are really bad, mine are from a type of glaucoma in which eye pigment is discharged into the aqueous humor and beyond. I've only had one episode of that, thankfully, as it also caused halo effects to bright lights and streetlights which made it difficult to see and drive. I had to use regular glaucoma drops because it did cause an elevation in eye pressure, but it is a much more benign problem than regular glaucoma. It lasted a few months to a year and I've been free of it since.

:twocents:

I just get black gnats sometimes and swat them before I realize what they are. :)

Waiting for everything to get straightened out with my late mom's affairs. We got blindsided today with another screw up by the lawyer handling her estate/trust.

I was sooo angry and hurt today. The energy has been focused on this nonsense instead of the loss of my mom. We are going to have to sue the trustee, which means that this will just drag out much longer than it should.

YoN, I've never been told that I have occular migraines, but I do get those light shows. I don't like the ones in the daytime, but the light show at night is kind of cool. It's almost like looking at one of those black light static balls or lava lamps when I close my eyes.

When it first happened, I did get checked out by an opthamologist and everything was ok, so now I just accept it as part of me and when it happens I enjoy the show.

So sorry to hear about your mom's estate. It is really too sad when troubles like this interfere with learning to cope with the loss of a loved one.

On another front, I am a little put out that my "light shows" are only in black and white. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StringTheory3333