SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my daughter is at the hospital getting contractions monitored, they are 5 minutes apart. I am so tired but I think I need to take a shower to wake up.

How is everyone?

Let us know!

Kensie, hope that your daughter's labor goes without a hitch and that the new grandbaby is perfect in every way.

Keep us posted!

Hi all! :wave:

Looking for an update ... TIA
1. Has prosecution decided whether or not they will retry penalty phase? Date set?

2. I read that CMJA is trying to give Nurmi the boot, has judge made any ruling on this?

3. Anything going to happen in this case in the remainder of this year or are we most certainly looking at next year's calendar?​

It is now official...Judge Stephens has :denied: CMJA's motion to dismiss counsel.

Looks like CMJA and Nurmi are BFFs, whether they like it or not.

We might just see some forward movement soon with this trial...maybe even have a date set at the status conference on 11/19?

Hi all! :wave:

Looking for an update ... TIA
1. Has prosecution decided whether or not they will retry penalty phase? Date set?

2. I read that CMJA is trying to give Nurmi the boot, has judge made any ruling on this?

3. Anything going to happen in this case in the remainder of this year or are we most certainly looking at next year's calendar?​

hi quester! hopefully i can answer your questions:

1. at this point they are still planning on going forward with retrying the penalty phase. no date has been set (surprise surprise). there was a settlement conference but according to the media nothing really came of it.

2. cmja did write a long letter to Judge Stephens detailing why she wants to give nurmi the boot. they had a hearing about this on friday and it was just reported that JSS denied her motion to fire nurmi. i think i remember reading JSS scheduled a few more dates for pre trial conferences and stuff.

3. i think the only things that will happen until next year with this case are hearings and conferences in regards to the retrial, or maybe another settlement conference. there's no way the retrial will start until the next calendar year. it's really a shame. i feel so bad for the alexander's'

It is now official...Judge Stephens has :denied: CMJA's motion to dismiss counsel.

We might just see some forward movement soon with this trial...maybe even have a date set at the status conference on 11/19?

go JSS!

Thanks for the update! I'll guess with you that it is time to set an actual date now. Not holding my breath for January or February. Thinking more March or April, but maybe the docket there isn't as full as it is here.

Either way, CMJA sits in jail until whenever. Is it wrong of me to get a little smile from that?!

This is great news that CMJA and KN are in this for the long haul. I want to feel sorry for Nurmi but he and Jennifer Wilmott trashed Travis so bad that I just don't. I hope he and JW feel defeated every day through this ordeal with CMJA and in the future they can ask themselves if lying for an admitted murderer is even ethical. Everyone knows she was not abused. I bet she is having a hissy fit. That is good. Anytime she loses it is all good. :)

O/T....please everyone think of me this afternoon. I am 65 and have a job interview. I stopped working in 2006 and thought I would be at home but find that I have to return to work. It is not easy. I just want to get through the interview with some dignity and not look like a fool. Thanks everyone.

How is everyone doing? :seeya:

I am tired, frustrated and close to my limit of knowledge.

My sisters and I are trying to work out a mess with our mother's estate. This is a civil matter and in no way compares to what victims in a criminal case must go through.

Over the past month, more information is coming to light and it is apparent that the lawyer entrusted with my mother's estate is completely and totally incompetent. She might as well have been a monkey. The amount of time and energy that we daughters have put into this is almost beyond comprehension. We have spent thousands in legal fees just to find out what was done and we still have more steps before we can consider filing for damages. We do not know if the lawyer has insurance for us to recover damages and thus we do not know how we will come out of this. It certainly will not be whole and we have tons of battles ahead of us with the IRS because of this lawyer's mistakes.

I know that some of you here on WS have lost family or friends to murder and have had to wait patiently for the legal process. You have my most sincere sympathy and empathy, as my situation pales compared to yours and yet I still find myself tested.

Bless Travis's family as they go through all of this...they never cease to amaze me with the public face that they have put forward throughout this incredible ordeal. Just as they are proud of Travis, he would be even prouder of them. I am sure of that.

Gcharlie,
I am sorry about the mess the attorney created with your Mother's estate. I have heard some horror stories of this happening to others. I listen sometimes to Dave Ramsey, the money guy, on radio. He really cautions people about this. It is such a shame. A lawyer like that should do some serious time.

Gcharlie,
I am sorry about the mess the attorney created with your Mother's estate. I have heard some horror stories of this happening to others. I listen sometimes to Dave Ramsey, the money guy, on radio. He really cautions people about this. It is such a shame. A lawyer like that should do some serious time.

Thanks, Curious for the kind words and good luck on your interview. May you come out of it shining and with a job offer in hand.

Please let my tale of woe be a cautionary one and use it to open discussions with loved ones about final affairs. The conversations may help to ensure that the final wishes of loved ones are realized and not destroyed.

Good Luck today Curious!!! A lot of employers would and are glad to hire your age group as we tend to be more reliable and most are working longer than previous generations. IIRC I recently heard a stat t h at most today believe they will work into their 70's due to modern medicine and financial circumstances.

Will think and say a prayer for you.:loveyou:

Good Luck today Curious!!! A lot of employers would and are glad to hire your age group as we tend to be more reliable and most are working longer than previous generations. IIRC I recently heard a stat t h at most today believe they will work into their 70's due to modern medicine and financial circumstances.

Will think and say a prayer for you.:loveyou:
Thank you VictimsSide.
When I realized I had to put together a resume, I was thinking no one would want me. I thought "what am I doing?!" Then I remembered that in all my years of reading the Bible, I never read where one of His children retired. They just went Home. I want His perfect will.
Mods, please don't get mad at me. Not discussing religion here. Just an observation on my beliefs. Since I am a baby boomer, I was raised thinking I should deserve a nice, long retirement. :). :floorlaugh: not gonna happen I guess.

Thanks, Curious for the kind words and good luck on your interview. May you come out of it shining and with a job offer in hand.

Please let my tale of woe be a cautionary one and use it to open discussions with loved ones about final affairs. The conversations may help to ensure that the final wishes of loved ones are realized and not destroyed.

I sure will. I have a will and my husband knows my wishes but a living will is good and I heard that in Indiana someone trusted should be given a durable power of attorney or that doctors will have the final say in decisions. Scary stuff. I know your Mother would be so unhappy to see what you are going through.

Thank you VictimsSide.
When I realized I had to put together a resume, I was thinking no one would want me. I thought "what am I doing?!" Then I remembered that in all my years of reading the Bible, I never read where one of His children retired. They just went Home. I want His perfect will.
Mods, please don't get mad at me. Not discussing religion here. Just an observation on my beliefs. Since I am a baby boomer, I was raised thinking I should deserve a nice, long retirement. :). :floorlaugh: not gonna happen I guess.

Good luck Curious!! We have an 82 year old gentleman where I work. He does janitorial type work. Maybe he can't move fast and needs hep with some things but he is there every day without fail. And early!! He is a former schoolteacher and unfortunately he has to keep working because of financial concerns.

If he can do it, you can do it!

Gcharlie,

Have you filed a grievance with your state bar association? If not start there. And see if they have to carry liability insurance.

Have you filed a grievance with your state bar association? If not start there. And see if they have to carry liability insurance.

Mother's estate is in Florida. Sisters are in CT and CA.

Florida is one of many states that does not require professional liability coverage. A demand letter for requesting proof of coverage is on the to do list.

We are in the final steps before filing a petition to remove trustee. Very long and complicated process.

:cake4u:

:bdsong:

Sending out best wishes for a very Happy Birthday to KatieCoolady! :partyguy2:

Hi. Thanks everyone for your well wishes. The interview I went on is for an in-bound call center. They offered me the job, along with many others. Not sure this is the one for me. They never said a word about my age. I think right now they need bodies. I am not sure this is the one for me. Luckily for me, I have a week to decide. I may hit the pavement tomorrow looking for something in a smaller, more intimate environment where I don't feel like a number. Am I crazy?

Couerfragile, thank you for the encouragement. I have seems many seniors working. What positive attitudes they have. I just have to get out and do it!

KCL, happy birthday!

The new baby girl was born this morning and I actually saw her birth. It was amazing and unforgettable in a very good way. Everyone is doing great. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela