Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, okay, now I see what embed means.

So, so, slow sometimes.

It is funny memories. Some I fought with in my 20's, didn't know if it was just told to me or real with family, but I did have breakdown from the first hubby and thought I had lost my mind, but got that in place in due time.

The ones about the sea critters I know are real. I was 3. They never changed. And it seems my odd life remembers odd things. The details of that day are down to seconds. The wound bled, dripped on the square of marble dad had just found for the kitchen behind the passenger seat in the car in the floor, while mom held me over her shoulder in the VW Bug. I can still see and hear it. They confirmed after the issues in the 20's with questioning of what happened, as I was uncertain about anything, literally. I even remember getting the stitches and my favorite shirt having to be thrown out. What weird things. There was another head wound later. I will not forget. Not a big deal, but odd that my mind clings to trauma.

There were weird times in my life. The ones I cannot remember were my first husband. It was really bad. I've blocked years out. It comes back if a new person asks. Then I experience it all over again, but more like a movie. Not like the 3 year old. It is disturbing, especially when my daughter finally asked about those years. She knew, but probably was not prepared. I told her to ask when she was ready. I just was not.

Sadly, my fond memories are blurry. Not sure of those.

Hope you enjoy it! Let us know how it turns out

The turkey tenderloin came out good. I didn't use the crock pot: I roasted it in the oven with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and butter for about 45-55 min.
Served it with buttered noodles, glazed carrots, and gravy.
My son kept coming in the kitchen (because the tenderloin smelled so good) :floorlaugh:

I made a marble layer cake with chocolate frosting for dessert (that should be gone in 2 days :facepalm:).
After that dinner, I wanted to sleep (must be the turkey).
We have leftover turkey, so I'll make turkey soup tomorrow.

Cats Playing Patty-cake, what they were saying... - YouTube

MMM, cooking turkey. I would have roasted too.

I've had cats do that, and never called it Patty Cake, lol!

Marble cake, 2 days?

Never made one.

Wish I still had the recipe for triple layer lemon cake I used to make. No cake mix. Not on the internet either, I have looked.

I make crappy glazed carrots. Or, crappy adding fresh parsley when spring comes. The parsley does not stay green.

Oh, okay, now I see what embed means.

So, so, slow sometimes.

It is funny memories. Some I fought with in my 20's, didn't know if it was just told to me or real with family, but I did have breakdown from the first hubby and thought I had lost my mind, but got that in place in due time.

The ones about the sea critters I know are real. I was 3. They never changed. And it seems my odd life remembers odd things. The details of that day are down to seconds. The wound bled, dripped on the square of marble dad had just found for the kitchen behind the passenger seat in the car in the floor, while mom held me over her shoulder in the VW Bug. I can still see and hear it. They confirmed after the issues in the 20's with questioning of what happened, as I was uncertain about anything, literally. I even remember getting the stitches and my favorite shirt having to be thrown out. What weird things. There was another head wound later. I will not forget. Not a big deal, but odd that my mind clings to trauma.

There were weird times in my life. The ones I cannot remember were my first husband. It was really bad. I've blocked years out. It comes back if a new person asks. Then I experience it all over again, but more like a movie. Not like the 3 year old. It is disturbing, especially when my daughter finally asked about those years. She knew, but probably was not prepared. I told her to ask when she was ready. I just was not.

Sadly, my fond memories are blurry. Not sure of those.

I remember some good times, but the ones that stick in my mind are the bad ones. Strange. When a "friend" of mine died late last year, all the memories of him came rushing back- things I have not remembered or thought of in years. My older son asked why I was so sad and I told him sometimes I'd wish I would get Alzheimer's so I wouldn't remember things (that's such a sin to say that :silenced: ) :(

MMM, cooking turkey. I would have roasted too.

I've had cats do that, and never called it Patty Cake, lol!

Marble cake, 2 days?

Never made one.

Wish I still had the recipe for triple layer lemon cake I used to make. No cake mix. Not on the internet either, I have looked.

I make crappy glazed carrots. Or, crappy adding fresh parsley when spring comes. The parsley does not stay green.

BBM Yes, in 2 days the cake will be gone.
My son and I are pigs. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I remember some good times, but the ones that stick in my mind are the bad ones. Strange. When a "friend" of mine died late last year, all the memories of him came rushing back- things I have not remembered or thought of in years. My older son asked why I was so sad and I told him sometimes I'd wish I would get Alzheimer's so I wouldn't remember things (that's such a sin to say that :silenced: ) :(

Well, I must admit the death of anyone brings the good memories clearly.

Don't wish Alzheimer's. I used to think it would be a good way to go until a neighbor showed me not to.

Mother was in her late 90's. Her daughter lived with her all her life. (Apartment living can be eye opening.) Finally the over 90 something Mom got Alzheimer's. She just kept trying to run away to go "home". She got lost once, but somehow police brought her home, from then on she had to be locked in the apartment from the outside when her 60 something year old daughter went to work. Sneaking identification in her shoes, or clothing.

She did not know her daughter was her daughter. She just thought she was at home in a far away state, and never had children. The 60 something daughter struggled very hard, and said life was awful, she lost her momma, she cried daily about it outside with us other apartment dwellers. (This still goes on, but I moved 6 to 8 years ago.)

The worst of it hit me hard. I thought I would never think of this once it was done, and once I lost my mind. Lol.

One night she woke in the middle of the night, started rummaging through the closet. Her daughter asked her what she was doing. She said: "I'm looking for the pads, I've started!" :eek: :floorlaugh:

BBM Yes, in 2 days the cake will be gone.
My son and I are pigs. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

OOOOHHHHHH, DONE!!!

(Told you I am slow. I thought you meant making it.)

:blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:

Well, I must admit the death of anyone brings the good memories clearly.

Don't wish Alzheimer's. I used to think it would be a good way to go until a neighbor showed me not too.

She was in her late 90's. Her daughter lived with her all her life. (Apartment living can be eye opening.) Finally the over 90 something Mom got Alzheimer's. She just kept trying to run away to go "home". She got lost once, but somehow police brought her home, from then on she had to be locked in the apartment from the outside when her 60 something year old daughter went to work. Sneaking identification in her shoes, or clothing.

She did not know her daughter was her daughter. She just thought she was at home in a far away state, and never had children. The 60 something daughter struggled very hard, and said life was awful, she lost her momma. (This still goes on, but I moved 6 to 8 years ago.)

The worst of it hit me hard. I thought I would never think of this once it was done, and once I lost my mind.

One night she woke in the middle of the night, started rummaging through the closet. Her daughter asked her what she was doing. She said: "I'm looking for the pads, I've started!" :eek:

I know how bad Alzheimer's is- I took care of people who had it- for 15 years. Alzheimer's is much worse for the family than for the person who has it (at least, for the person who has Alzheimer's, in the middle to the end and not at the very start ). The person in Alzheimer's lives in their own world and doesn't realize what is happening. Most are very happy, but, of course, their families are devastated. It's a heartbreaking disease.

I know how bad Alzheimer's is- I took care of people who had it- for 15 years. Alzheimer's is much worse for the family than for the person who has it (at least, for the person who has Alzheimer's, in the middle to the end and not at the very start ). The person in Alzheimer's lives in their own world and doesn't realize what is happening. Most are very happy, but, of course, their families are devastated. It's a heartbreaking disease.

Okay. That is good.

But do you want to be looking for maxi pads???

On a side note, one of the Orca videos I watched today, said they will commit suicide by choosing not to breathe when in captivity. I thought we were the only ones.

Please don't quit. Your mind and contribution is not only appreciated here, but highly necessary. (As imaginary as we may seem to be, we are here. :P)

Dumb side comment: The Orcas are waiting for Water World to happen to take over. Did you know roaches have always lived on earth as long as we have found?

:blowkiss:

Okay. That is good.

But do you want to be looking for maxi pads???

On a side note, one of the Orca videos I watched today, said they will commit suicide by choosing not to breathe when in captivity. I thought we were the only ones.

Please don't quit. Your mind and contribution is not only appreciated here, but highly necessary. (As imaginary as we may seem to be, we are here. :P)

:blowkiss:

In her mind, she was looking for maxi-pads for something- she's the only one who knows why she needed them. Sometimes Alzheimer's can make you hallucinate or maybe she thought she was a young person again who still had her period. Most Alzheimer's start going back in time to when they were young and only remember those times.

Oh, I'm not going to quit anything; some things are better forgotten, than remembered. I really like my life and wouldn't give it up for anything. :floorlaugh:

You guys are not imaginary to me. :loveyou:

It was 44 degrees today- warm- sort of. :floorlaugh:
I even opened a window and had thoughts of Spring cleaning.
Does anyone do a Spring cleaning?
My mother always did- she would change the Winter drapes to Summer ones and everything had to be cleaned (and I mean everything and it was so boring to me- I mean who wants to be washing walls when you could go out and play with your friends in such nice weather. :facepalm:).
I do Spring cleaning, also. (I've turned into my Mom. :floorlaugh:)
Blinds, windows, steam-cleaning rugs and floors, etc.

picture.php

picture.php

I'll hope I hallucinate, or do not tell any secrets or garbled memories.

Just so everyone knows, not that it matters, the wooden spoon is now straight.

Yes! I achieved a useless activity, but I thought it had to be done. :crazy:

I'll hope I hallucinate, or do not tell any secrets or garbled memories.

Just so everyone knows, not that it matters, the wooden spoon is now straight.

Yes! I achieved a useless activity, but I thought it had to be done. :crazy:

BBM Good job (I never knew you could straighten wood with steam).

:clap:

Spring cleaning.

Mom made us wash the China that was only ever used at Thanksgiving.

Wash the walls down. (She liked paneling.)

I do Spring Cleaning all the time. Dust mites are a major allergy, so I am SUPPOSED to wash curtains weekly. That does't happen. But frequently. Baseboards, weekly with that long swiffer, every few weeks the wash rag and Brown Bottle Lysol water, because I am obsessive. Doors, knobs, light switches too, remote controls weekly...

Miss all the Spring Sheets, Winter Sheets, Spring Towels, Winter Towels. Summer clothes, Winter clothes............

I wonder where everyone is tonight?
Looks like there's only me and you to hold the fort down, merc (opposite girly). :floorlaugh:

Opposite Girl also misses the lovely sheer but patterned curtains for Spring, and the open window and double fan stuck in it for summer. The sound of rustling new leaves, crickets calling, bats calling, reading books with only a sheet for a blanket. Wild strawberries, not like big store bought ones, the little ones turtles eat, violet blossoms, nasturtium in salad, poke salad (yes, it is real), dandelion leaves salad (not the furry ones)....

Dunno' where everyone is. I keep seeing people looking in though.

Maybe they can tell us about spring.

Spring cleaning.

Mom made us wash the China that was only ever used at Thanksgiving.

Wash the walls down. (She liked paneling.)

I do Spring Cleaning all the time. Dust mites are a major allergy, so I am SUPPOSED to wash curtains weekly. That does't happen. But frequently. Baseboards, weekly with that long swiffer, every few weeks the wash rag and Brown Bottle Lysol water, because I am obsessive. Doors, knobs, light switches too, remote controls weekly...

Miss all the Spring Sheets, Winter Sheets, Spring Towels, Winter Towels. Summer clothes, Winter clothes............

BBM Dust mites :eek:
Now you have me scratching. :floorlaugh:
When I think of mites and bed bugs, I start getting paranoid that they are everywhere. :floorlaugh:
Even our eyes have verrrrrrry tiny mites in them. UGH. :sick:

Opposite Girl also misses the lovely sheer but patterned curtains for Spring, and the open window and double fan stuck in it for summer. The sound of rustling new leaves, crickets calling, bats calling, reading books with only a sheet for a blanket. Wild strawberries, not like big store bought ones, the little ones turtles eat, violet blossoms, nasturtium in salad, poke salad (yes, it is real), dandelion leaves salad (not the furry ones)....

Dunno' where everyone is. I keep seeing people looking in though.

Maybe they can tell us about spring.

My mother would always saute dandelion leaves that she harvested from the fields here- no dogs peed on them :facepalm:- with oil and garlic. Really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez