SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Dust mites :eek:
Now you have me scratching. :floorlaugh:
When I think of mites and bed bugs, I start getting paranoid that they are everywhere. :floorlaugh:
Even our eyes have verrrrrrry tiny mites in them. UGH. :sick:

Dust mites are in everything! Microscopic. (Not a good allergy to have.)

I once or twice watched those "Nature" Neilson films, hope I spelled that right. I even owned them. Never again. Gone, gone, gone from the collection. Can't sleep, wear clothes, eat, touch anything, wash constantly, can't get rid of the things that live on us and around us. NOPE, NEVER AGAIN!!!

The mites in our eyes love the fatty oils, not helpful when you have to use makeup for work, and makeup remover.

My mother would always saute dandelion leaves that she harvested from the fields here- no dogs peed on them :facepalm:- with oil and garlic. Really good.

Lol, dog pee.

You know they did. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Wash, rinse, repeat.

I like the sauteed idea. Good for anything green.

That is not sleepy time crickets.

That is loud lost in the house giving me a headache want to smash it now cricket sound.

Not that I would ever smash a cricket, except those jumpy flesh colored ones that make no sound that live here. They really jump! Still never smashed one, just ran around like it was a rodent, got a jar or cup, and let it out when it got near me. (Camel Cricket)
Like this:

05camel-cricket1.jpg

No pee on the dandelion leaves :eek: as my mother owned 180 acres at that time and no dogs. I would'nt have eaten them if I even thought they had dog pee on them - no matter how much they were cleaned. :floorlaugh:

We had crickets in our house in Pa. The cats would play with them and you would find the crickets heads there and their bodies someplace else. :facepalm:

Dogs pee on everything. Cats think outside is a litter box. Don't even think about what the squirrels, opossums, and others do.

Had the film maker name wrong. I knew it, but it is Lennart Nilsson. A not so scary clip, nothing to do with the creepy stuff that lives on us, although those 2 films are in the same 3 film series:

http://web.tt.se/lennart_nilsson_video/video2.html

Dust mites are in everything! Microscopic. (Not a good allergy to have.)

I once or twice watched those "Nature" Neilson films, hope I spelled that right. I even owned them. Never again. Gone, gone, gone from the collection. Can't sleep, wear clothes, eat, touch anything, wash constantly, can't get rid of the things that live on us and around us. NOPE, NEVER AGAIN!!!

The mites in our eyes love the fatty oils, not helpful when you have to use makeup for work, and makeup remover.

I don't wear makeup anymore. I always get styes in my eyes from anything even near my eyes. I wasn't a big makeup person anyway.

MMM, cooking turkey. I would have roasted too.

I've had cats do that, and never called it Patty Cake, lol!

Marble cake, 2 days?

Never made one.

Wish I still had the recipe for triple layer lemon cake I used to make. No cake mix. Not on the internet either, I have looked.

I make crappy glazed carrots. Or, crappy adding fresh parsley when spring comes. The parsley does not stay green.

I found a lot of recipes doing a search for "triple layer lemon cake". Woule either of these be close to what you want?

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cakes/triple-layer-lemon-cake/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Lemon-Layer-Cake-with-Lemon-Cream-Cheese-Frosting/

The turkey tenderloin came out good. I didn't use the crock pot: I roasted it in the oven with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and butter for about 45-55 min.
Served it with buttered noodles, glazed carrots, and gravy.
My son kept coming in the kitchen (because the tenderloin smelled so good) :floorlaugh:

I made a marble layer cake with chocolate frosting for dessert (that should be gone in 2 days :facepalm:).
After that dinner, I wanted to sleep (must be the turkey).
We have leftover turkey, so I'll make turkey soup tomorrow.

Cats Playing Patty-cake, what they were saying... - YouTube

Yummm! Sounds like a real success! We love buttered noodles. I don't know anyone but my own family who makes them, though.

Goodnight. :seeya:

I'll leave you with my older son's favorite story. When this book first came out- years ago, I gave it to everyone.

My last birthday, my older son gave it to me as my present. :heartbeat:

Love You Forever - YouTube

:seeya:

I don't wear makeup anymore. I always get styes in my eyes from anything even near my eyes. I wasn't a big makeup person anyway.

I have to.

It was made very clear to me years ago at work when I tried not to wear any to work. :sigh:

Shazaaam!

Wonder when criminal forensics will realize that Nilsson observations are unique. Since our bodies are basically entire planets (if not larger), each colony of those things would be unique to each body.

Opposite Girl also misses the lovely sheer but patterned curtains for Spring, and the open window and double fan stuck in it for summer. The sound of rustling new leaves, crickets calling, bats calling, reading books with only a sheet for a blanket. Wild strawberries, not like big store bought ones, the little ones turtles eat, violet blossoms, nasturtium in salad, poke salad (yes, it is real), dandelion leaves salad (not the furry ones)....

Dunno' where everyone is. I keep seeing people looking in though.

Maybe they can tell us about spring.

Well, the only sign I see of Spring is the paths the dogs made in the snow have turned to mud today; and the muddy paw prints when they came i side. I hope Spring doesn't forget us....

grrrr.... having trouble posting again. I get kicked out in the middle of typing, Now I have to type my notes somewhere else and then copy/paste them here! I will pop in and out, but probably won't post much, it is frustrating.

Goodnight. :seeya:

I'll leave you with my older son's favorite story. When this book first came out- years ago, I gave it to everyone.

My last birthday, my older son gave it to me as my present. :heartbeat:

Love You Forever - YouTube

:seeya:

That is so wonderful!!!!!

Night night everyone.

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

Good night. It was fun catching up here tonight. Leaving with a smile:loveyou:

Yummm! Sounds like a real success! We love buttered noodles. I don't know anyone but my own family who makes them, though.

We make them sometimes Spellbound, you are not alone!
The recipe I have is from Frankenmuth, which you will probably know since I see you are in SE Mich. They are sooooooooo yummy!

For those who likely have never heard of it, Frankenmuth is a little town in Michigan that is known as Michigans "Little Bavaria".
They are known for Chicken dinners, in 2 restuarants right in town.
Why don't I just link ya, easier than trying to type it all out ;)

http://www.frankenmuth.org/

We make them sometimes Spellbound, you are not alone!
The recipe I have is from Frankenmuth, which you will probably know since I see you are in SE Mich. They are sooooooooo yummy!

For those who likely have never heard of it, Frankenmuth is a little town in Michigan that is known as Michigans "Little Bavaria".
They are known for Chicken dinners, in 2 restuarants right in town.
Why don't I just link ya, easier than trying to type it all out ;)

http://www.frankenmuth.org/

Indeed, I know of Frankenmuth! Probably less than a two hour drive, but I have only been there once. We did go to the Christmas shop, but the line for the chicken dinner was very long and we did not eat there.

You have their recipe? Can you share? I am curious now!

Indeed, I know of Frankenmuth! Probably less than a two hour drive, but I have only been there once. We did go to the Christmas shop, but the line for the chicken dinner was very long and we did not eat there.

You have their recipe? Can you share? I am curious now!

Sure I can share!
One thing though, the recipe has a "recipe" for the seasoning, I have never made it because we actually buy the seasoning itself when we go to Frankenmuth. It can best be described as a salty, chicken-y type seasoning, lol.
So, if possible you might want to try to pick that up (you can order it from The Bavarian Inn website), or hell, just go for it with the substitute recipe, I dunno!
The seasoning is also really good on chicken, btw.

Here goes-
BUTTERED NOODLES LIKE ZENDER'S, FRANKENMUTH, MI. (Gloria Pitzer)

1 lb. medium wide egg noodles, cooked al dente, drained
1/3-1/2 c. melted butter
1 1/2 c. club crackers, crushed
1 t. dry, minced parsley
1/4 t. ground poultry seasoning
1/2 t. Frankenmuth chicken seasoning (recipe follows)
1 can (14 oz.) clear chicken broth, to dilute noodles later, if necessary

Set cooked noodles aside. Combine above ingredients, except canned broth, to make topping. Place cooked noodles in a buttered or Pam-sprayed (3 quart) baking dish and sprinkle club cracker mixture over top.
(serves 6-8)

CHICKEN SEASONING LIKE FRANKENMUTH'S:

1/4 c. Betty Crocker instant potato buds, no substitute
3 T. chicken bouillon powder
1 t. poultry seasoning
1 t. rubbed sage
1 t. black pepper
1 small packet Ranch dressing mix

Place above ingredients in a blender and pulse til finely powdered. Use as a seasoning for chicken or other dishes. Store at room temperature, tightly capped, for several months.
(makes 1/2 cup)

Link to the site (it is a cool site, has lots of copycat recipes)-
http://www.askyourneighbor.com/recipes/509.htm

PS- If you ever get to eat at Frankenmuth, you will know they use a certain kind of noodle that is not easy to find. They are almost like a very thick fettuccine noodle. What I am saying is once you have them there, you will want to try to duplicate them EXACTLY...they are that good!

Hi YESorNO, I never was one for much makeup. A dab of lipstick and I;m ready. Now I put on a dab of blush sometimes otherwise people keep asking me if I am sick. :floorlaugh: :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member