SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear Becky is doing better Kensie. :)
Is she adjusting to her new home well?

Glad to hear Becky is doing better Kensie. :)
Is she adjusting to her new home well?

Becky is doing good and seems to have adjusted to her new home and her 3 other dog siblings - still a little tension there.

She is back to playing with her toys. She has a spot in the sunroom where she likes to lay on sunny days.

Now that she is getting better, I need to train her on the boundaries of the underground dog fence.

She is one happy baby!!!

Becky is doing good and seems to have adjusted to her new home and her 3 other dog siblings - still a little tension there.

She is back to playing with her toys. She has a spot in the sunroom where she likes to lay on sunny days.

Now that she is getting better, I need to train her on the boundaries of the underground dog fence.

She is one happy baby!!!

:tyou:

It is nice to see some happy news for once (the threads I have been on today have just made me feel so grim).
I can just picture her laying in the sun soaking it up :)

:tyou:

It is nice to see some happy news for once (the threads I have been on today have just made me feel so grim).
I can just picture her laying in the sun soaking it up :)

I have really worked hard today and I have not had much time to poke around WS. There are so many threads that have 'Found Deceased'. It does make you feel really grim.

Lobo- Me & you & a dog named Boo - YouTube

My dog was hit by a car tonight and I feel so bad for him. I gave him a Valium and it has calmed him down some. His leg is injured but nothing else I don't think. He weighs 80-90 pounds and don't know how to get him to the vet tomorrow. I don't think the leg is broken and don't have any pain pills that a dog can have. Not sure if he will go outside to wee wee. He is moaning and I feel just awful. :( (Valium is fine for cats and dogs)

My dog was hit by a car tonight and I feel so bad for him. I gave him a Valium and it has calmed him down some. His leg is injured but nothing else I don't think. He weighs 80-90 pounds and don't know how to get him to the vet tomorrow. I don't think the leg is broken and don't have any pain pills that a dog can have. Not sure if he will go outside to wee wee. He is moaning and I feel just awful. :( (Valium is fine for cats and dogs)

Just checking in tonight.
I'm so sorry about your dog.
I checked Google tonight and they have Mobile Veterinarians in South Carolina. Check your phone book- I don't know the area you live in or I would find one for you. They will come out and check your dog. Call them tonight to see if they can come out tonight.
I have used a mobile vet in Pa.

Just checking in tonight.
I'm so sorry about your dog.
I checked Google tonight and they have Mobile Veterinarians in South Carolina. Check your phone book- I don't know the area you live in or I would find one for you. They will come out and check your dog. Call them tonight to see if they can come out tonight.
I have used a mobile vet in Pa.

Thank You YoN.
I read Daisy's post and was about to go google that same kind of info.
The idea of her pup suffering is killing me :(.

Hope you can get him help soon Daisy, and they can fix him up and take away his pain.

Oh poor baby :(. I remember my veterinarian stepdaughter saying you can give aspirin to dogs, so I googled this to just check up on the doseage.

http://voices.yahoo.com/human-medications-give-dog-4895372.html
Buffered aspirin (such as Bufferin or Ascriptin) can be given to dogs. Un-buffered aspirin tends to have more severe side effects than buffered aspirin. The dosage range for dogs is generally is 5 milligrams to 12.5 mg per pound every twelve (12) hours. Start with the lower dosage range, and adjust accordingly. Do give the aspirin time to work; relief often does not start until one or two hours after dosing.

ETA: Here's a chart with more information: Hope your baby's alright :seeya:
http://www.walkervalleyvet.com/otc-meds.htm

ASPIRIN:
Can be given short term to dogs (never cats!) to help relieve inflammation and pain. Buffered Aspirin (Bufferin) is easier on the stomach but regular (non-coated) aspirin can also be used. Aspirin may be given once or twice a day. Always give aspirin with food.

Aspirin has potent blood thinning properties, and continued usage may be dangerous in some animals. For long term pain relief there are safer veterinary-specific alternatives.

Aspirin Dosage
Once or twice a day, with food
Dogs Cats
weight amount
less than 10 lbs ½ baby aspirin NEVER!
10-30 lbs 1 baby aspirin
30-50 lbs ½ regular aspirin
50-100 lbs 1 regular aspirin
over 100 lbs 2 regular aspirin

Daisy
Are you calling the mobile vet? Call a 24 -hr emergency vet hospital, too, if the mobile vet doesn't answer. They may be able to help somehow and will tell you what to do or any vet - they may have a message about emergency services when they are closed.
Please let us know what's happening.
Praying your dog will be OK.

I'll be back early in the AM to see what happened and pray for you and your dog.
Take care, daisy.

I'll be back early in the AM to see what happened and pray for you and your dog.
Take care, daisy.

Thank you! He's doing better but limping and did go out for wee wee. When I took my shower I came out to see him on the bed. :) It was hard for him to get back down so I made a pillow bed on the floor for him. He has stopped his moaning so that is good but my heart breaks watching him limp. Will update soon!

Let us know how he's getting along, Daisy, okay? It's so hard for us with babies and pets, because they can't talk and tell us how they feel.

I'm sending him good, good wishes!

Let us know how he's getting along, Daisy, okay? It's so hard for us with babies and pets, because they can't talk and tell us how they feel.

I'm sending him good, good wishes!

Roomie has some Advil so I gave him one of those. The Naproxyn is good for dogs. Thank you to all my friends!

I bought the White album for a dollar and ninety nine cents at M.E. Moses in 1969, but I liked Abby Road and Let it Be better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2qP4Ye15J0Y

The Beatles - One After 909 (Let It Be) - YouTube

this song kept playing in my head one late night on our way back home on the dreaded Harley.

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kT37B9gJIA&feature=player_detailpage&list=RD6kT37B9gJIA

I saw a bottle of Neutrogena Rainbath yesterday at Walgreens. I remembered the time I tried to disable his " baby". I couldn't get the ratchet thing to work to take out the spark plug so I turned this little screw , had second thoughts and screwed it back down.

So when he got back from the Harley shop I told him that I was mad and tried to take the spark plug out, and instead turned a screw, then thought I should just get over my being mad. He was being very sweet, almost patronizing as he climbed on to start "her" and I asked if he wanted to see which one I turned, and turned it as he was starting to kick it off. His jaw dropped and flames shot out the tail pipe and his ears. It was the air /gas mixture screw and he finally got it barely running and took off down the road trying to adjust it. He came back about an hour later and got on his knees and said I'm sorry I pissed you off.

He'd later have a 1970 El Camino, which he called Baby, that I hated because she wouldn't start for me. One time he took his mothers car back after working on it , and I was to follow in "her". She started right up with him standing there, but when he turned the corner she died...and wouldn't start. So I was out in the middle of the street and trying to push the ***** back in the drive way with no power steering or brakes, and he came back to see why I didn't follow him, and the damn thing started right up for him. He said I didn't talk to her right and patted the dashboard.

Thank you! He's doing better but limping and did go out for wee wee. When I took my shower I came out to see him on the bed. :) It was hard for him to get back down so I made a pillow bed on the floor for him. He has stopped his moaning so that is good but my heart breaks watching him limp. Will update soon!

I hope you will still get him to a vet to check his leg.
He may be still be in pain. Dogs don't really show pain, so for him to moan, his leg must really hurt and he may need more care.
Let us know what happens, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member