DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This day in history

1893 - Katharine Lee Bates writes "America the Beautiful" in Colorado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=12e76HJbgpY

1933 - Wiley Post 1st solo flight round the world 7d 19hrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nyn66tcug74

1967 - The Beatles song "All You Need Is Love" hit #1 in the U.K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CLEtGRUrtJo

1994 - OJ Simpson pleads "Absolutely 100% Not Guilty" of murder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wFK_Hpb-HIY

1995 - Susan Smith found guilty of drowning her two children in South Carolina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IowgsYwFM0g

Yes this is my problem. Hate to write a long post only to lose it and know it must be somewhere in cyberspace. Hope this doesn't happen during trial.

great post Curious. In my little redneck woods, there are a lot of illegals. In fact it seems like the Americans are becoming the minority in the USA.

Just lost my entire post too. It had to do with defense arguments in their motion to ban cameras. The argument was that live streaming coverage produced threats against the lawyers and ALaV, Patti W. But does delayed video of courtroom action solve the problem? Some members of the public will still feel incited to make threats. We also know those two witnesses had other problems; they have refused to return. I think the court is interested in protecting the verdict and the re-trial from outside influence, even though threats may come. They will be tardy as to the proceedings.

Hi Tuba,

I am all for having cameras in the courtroom. There will always be those on both sides who play to the camera. But I like seeing first hand what goes on in a courtroom. I can do without all the expert opinions afterwards. We all makeup our own minds anyway.

I did notice at the end of the first penalty phase that Wilmott seemed to distance herself from the killer. I can't imagine there being any pretense of those three liking one another at this trial. And although the defense lawyers must do their best for their client, I feel after the jury comes back with their verdict the defense will high five one another, albeit in private, if she gets the death penalty.

JSS must do all she can to keep the killer from winning any appeals but that should have nothing to do with cameras in the courtroom, IMO.

Have any of you ever seen a trial where the accused had no mitigating witnesses? Convicted killer must be loathed by everyone who ever knew her.

great post Curious. In my little redneck woods, there are a lot of illegals. In fact it seems like the Americans are becoming the minority in the USA.

Kensie, I am in southern Indiana and we are just starting to see illegals everywhere. From what I read, the current Administration just sends them wherever they wish to without informing the locals they are coming. Texas and Arizona have always been so beautiful and proud and now look what they are going through. I read in the news this week that the schools in one of the Carolina's have now said English speaking students are the minority.

I'm glad your post "took"! As you say, the killer can no longer bluff anyone. The judge must know that she is the same deceiver she was when she & M.M. trumped up evidence against Travis before. Why should Judge Stephens entertain her act a second time? Arias made a great show of chumminess with Willmott in court. She and Willmott must have fallen out since last year. If Arias is refused the privilege of self-representation, there will be awkwardness in that relationship too. I do think the killer blames the verdict of aggravated, premeditated murder, not on her acts and planning but on her attorneys' failure to get her off. Just as she criticized Juan Martinez in her Twitter account, she finds fault with her own lawyers and she does this regarding the way they all practice law. As though she were the authority. What a turnip head!

I realize the prosecution never wants a client to plead insanity for fear of the jury leaning toward that as a good defense. But this chick is totally insane. And I never, never think anyone should be able to use insanity as a defense. She is guilty and needs the same punishment Travis received. And there would never be any reformation for her.

Just lost my entire post too. It had to do with defense arguments in their motion to ban cameras. The argument was that live streaming coverage produced threats against the lawyers and ALaV, Patti W. But does delayed video of courtroom action solve the problem? Some members of the public will still feel incited to make threats. We also know those two witnesses had other problems; they have refused to return. I think the court is interested in protecting the verdict and the re-trial from outside influence, even though threats may come. They will be tardy as to the proceedings.

BBM. Very good point, Tuba. Plus, even if they don't show someone sitting on the witness stand testifying, isn't their name available to the public as a witness? And aren't there going to be reporters in the courtroom even if they aren't televising the trial? I mean, can somebody really testify in this trial without anyone knowing who they are?

Excuse the Off Topic interruption but I know several old regulars from the Caylee Anthony forum hang out in here and I don't want any of them to miss this.

Muzikman can FINALLY tell all - He will be online tonight for a Q & A.

Link to info here!

Attention Please!

While this thread is for a little of this and that, one thing that is not allowed is political discussion. We have a Politcal Pavilion in our private area, if you're interested. I have removed a few posts. If your's is missing, you know why.

:seeya:
fran

Lurking on the Hulsey trial.
Had lots of storms and the internet keeps on blinking out.
raining.gif

Hi, Lamby. :wave:

It finally stopped storming (and it's 10 degrees cooler :D )

image001-4.jpg

40 years of marriage

A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant..

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.

She said, 'For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.'

The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband.

The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment: 'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.

The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish. So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!...the husband became 92 years old.
--------------------------------------
Where to Retire?

You can retire to Phoenix , AZ where.....

1. You are willing to park 3 blocks away because you found shade.
2. You've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl.
3. You can drive for 4 hours in one direction and never leave town.
4. You have over 100 recipes for Mexican food.
5. You know that "dry heat" is comparable to what hits you in the face when you open your oven door.
6. The 4 seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!

You can retire to California where...

1. You make over $250,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house.
2. The fastest part of your commute is going down your driveway.
3. You know how to eat an artichoke.
4. You drive your rented Mercedes to your neighborhood block party.
5. When someone asks you how far something is, you tell them how long it will take to get there rather than how many miles away it is.
6. The 4 seasons are: Fire, Flood, Mud, and Drought.

You can retire to New York City where....

1. You say "the city" and expect everyone to know you mean Manhattan ....
2. You can get into a four-hour argument about how to get from Columbus Circle to Battery Park, but can't find Wisconsin on a map.
3. You think Central Park is "nature."
4. You believe that being able to swear at people in their own language makes you multi-lingual.
5. You've worn out a car horn. ( note: if you have a car)
6. You think eye contact is an act of aggression.

You can retire to Maine where..

1. You only have four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco .
2. Halloween costumes fit over parkas.
3. You have more than one recipe for moose.
4. Sexy lingerie is anything flannel with less than eight buttons.
5. The four seasons are: winter, still winter, almost winter, and construction.

You can retire to the Deep South where...

1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.
2. "Y'all" is singular and "all y'all" is plural.
3. "He needed killin'" is a valid defense.
4. Everyone has 2 first names: Billy Bob, Jim Bob, Mary Sue, Betty Jean, Mary Beth, etc.
5. Everything is either "in yonder," "over yonder" or "out yonder." It's important to know the difference, too..

You can retire to Colorado where....

1. You carry your $3,000 mountain bike atop your $500 car
2. You tell your husband to pick up Granola on his way home and so he stops at the day care center.
3. A pass does not involve a football or dating.
4. The top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.

You can retire to the Midwest where...

1. You've never met any celebrities, but the mayor knows your name.
2. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor.
3. You have had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" on the same day.
4. You end sentences with a preposition: "Where's my coat at?"
5. When asked how your trip was to any exotic place, you say, "It was different!"

AND You can retire to Florida where..

1. You eat dinner at 3:15 in the afternoon.
2. All purchases include a coupon of some kind -- even houses and cars.
3. Everyone can recommend an excellent dermatologist.
4. Road construction never ends anywhere in the state.
5. Cars in front of you often appear to be driven by headless people.

--------------------------------------------
The Human Body!

Facts about the Human body

It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

One human hair can support 6.6 lb.

The average man's penis is three times the length of his thumb.

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

Women blink twice as often as men.

The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Women reading this will be finished now.

Men are still busy checking their thumbs
-------------------------------------

Marriage counseling

A husband and wife came for counseling after 20 years of marriage. When asked
what the problem was, the wife went into a passionate, painful tirade listing
every problem they had ever had in the 20 years they had been married.

She went on and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness,
feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of un-met needs she had
endured over the course of their marriage. Finally, after allowing this to go on
for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk
and, after asking the wife to stand, embraced and kissed her passionately as her
husband watched with a raised eyebrow.

The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze. The therapist turned
to the husband and said, "This is what your wife needs at least three times a
week. Can you do this?" The husband thought for a moment and replied, "Well, I
can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish."
-----------------------------------------------

Don't mess with Seniors

Two businessmen in Florida were sitting down for a break in their
soon-to-be new store. As yet, the store wasn't ready, with only a
few shelves set up.

One said to the other, 'I bet any minute now some senior is going
to walk by, put his face to the window, and ask what we're selling.'

No sooner were the words out of his mouth when, sure enough, a
curious senior walked to the window, had a peek, and in a soft
voice asked "What are you sellin' in here?"

One of the men replied sarcastically, "We're selling ***-holes."

Without skipping a beat, the old timer said, "You're doing
well. Only two left."

Seniors - don't mess with them!
----------------------------------------------

How they do it in Illinois

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.; One from Illinois, one from Tennessee, and a third from Kentucky.

They all go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. 'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for

my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Illinois contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, '$2,700.'

The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Illinois contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'

'Done!' replies the government official.
-------------------------------------------------

Monks...

A man is driving down the road and breaks down near a monastery. He goes to the monastery, knocks on the door, and says, My car broke down. Do you think I could stay the night?

The monks graciously accept him, feed him dinner, and even fix his car. As the man tries to fall asleep, he hears a strange sound; a sound like no other that he has ever heard. The next morning, he asks the monks what the sound was, but they say, We can't tell you. You're not a monk.

The man is disappointed but thanks them anyway and goes about his merry way. Some years later, the same man breaks down in front of the same monastery.
The monks again accept him, feed him, and even fix his car.

That night, he hears the same strange mesmerizing sound that he had heard years earlier.
The next morning, he asks what the sound was, but the monks reply,
We can't tell you. You're not a monk.

The man says, All right, all right. I'm dying to know.

If the only way I can find out what that sound was, is to become a monk, how do I become a monk?

The monks reply, you must travel the earth and tell us how many blades of grass there are and the exact number of sand pebbles. When you find these numbers, you will become a monk.
The man sets about his task. Some forty-five years later, he returns and knocks on the door of the monastery. He says, I have traveled the earth and devoted my life to the task demanded and have found what you had asked for. There are 371,145,236,284,232 blades of grass and 231,281,219,999,129,382 sand pebbles on the earth.
The monks reply, 'Congratulations, you are correct and now you are a monk'.

We shall now show you the way to the sound.

The monks lead the man to a wooden door, where the head monk says, the sound is behind that door.
The man reaches for the knob, but the door is locked. He asks, 'May I have the key'?
The monks give him the key, and he opens the door.

Behind the wooden door is another door made of stone. The man requests the key to the stone door.
The monks give him the key, and he opens it, only to find a door made of ruby. He demands another key from the monks, who provide it. Behind that door is another door, this one made of sapphire. And so it went until the man ha d gone through doors of emerald,......silver, topaz, and amethyst.
Finally, the monks say, 'This is the key to the last door'.

The man is relieved to no end. He unlocks the door, turns the knob, and behind that door he is astonished to find the source of that strange sound. It is truly an amazing and unbelievable sight.

. . . But I can't tell you what it is because you're not a monk.
-------------------------------------------

Three Ladies in a Sauna

Three ladies, two younger, and one senior lady, were sitting naked in a sauna.

Suddenly there was a beeping sound. The young woman pressed her forearm and the

beep stopped.

The others looked at her questioningly. 'that was my pager,' she said. I have a microchip under the skin of my arm.

A few minutes later, a phone rang. The second young woman lifted her palm to her ear.

When she finished, she explained, 'that was my mobile phone. I have a microchip in my hand.'

The older woman felt very low -tech. Not to be out done, she decided she had to do something just as impressive. She stepped out of the sauna and went to the bathroom.

She returned with a piece of toilet paper hanging from her rear.

The others raised their eyebrows and stared at her.

The older woman finally said ..... Well, will you look at that ..... I'm getting a

fax!!

---------------------------------

:seeya:

Joseph R. WOOD III

"...On August 7, 1989, Wood walked into the shop and shot Gene Dietz, age 55, in the chest with a .38 caliber revolver, killing him. Gene Dietz's 70-year-old brother was present and tried to stop Wood, but Wood pushed him away and proceeded into another section of the body shop.

Wood went up to Debbie, placed her in some type of hold, and shot her once in the abdomen and once in the chest, killing her...."

http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/wood-joseph.htm

Arizona sets killer Joseph Wood's execution for July 23

"The Arizona Supreme Court on Wednesday set a July 23 execution date for a death-row prisoner despite national controversy over one of the drugs that will be used to carry out the execution..."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ona-inmates-execution-date-set-court/9696547/

Federal appeals court grants stay to Arizona death row inmate

"Citing several “flawed executions” this year, including one that left an inmate struggling for breath, a panel of federal judges on Saturday stayed the July 23 execution of an Arizona man until the state turns over information about the drugs that that will be used to kill him and the qualifications of his execution team...."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-arizona-execution-stay-granted-20140719-story.html

Arizona botches execution of murderer: Killer spends TWO HOURS 'snorting and gasping for air' after he filed last minute appeal over secret drug cocktail

"Arizona officials say a murderer who was sentenced to death has died nearly two hours after his execution started.
Joseph Rudolph Wood's lawyers had filed an emergency appeal in federal court during the execution demanding that it be stopped. The appeal said Wood was 'gasping and snorting for more than an hour.'
Attorney General Tom Horne's office says Wood was pronounced dead at 3:49 p.m., one hour and 57 minutes after the execution started...."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2703498/Arizona-inmate-dies-2-hours-execution-began.html

A modest proposal: Judge asks if firing squad and guillotine are preferable to lethal injection

"The escalating controversy surrounding a planned execution in Arizona has caused one judge to cynically suggest that states return to the practice of using the guillotine and firing squad rather than lethal injection...."

http://news.yahoo.com/a-modest-prop...preferable-to-lethal-injection-170613479.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap