SIDEBAR #25- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:gaah: JA made it in the local newspaper down here.

Here's a quote from defense attorney Daniel Horowitz:

"It's actually probably a good idea to represent herself," said San Francisco-area defense attorney Daniel Horowitz. "She looks like a vicious psychopath with a ridiculous defense."

However, Horowitz noted, the jury "may find her pathetic."

"If she can get just one juror to bond with her on some level, even if they hate her, they're getting to know her, and it's harder to kill someone you know," he said.

Link: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/08/convicted_murderer_jodi_arias.html#incart_river

:gaah:

O/T: Sorry geevee. I really hoped it would help. :maddening:

It helped for me one time so I c&p them into an my personal email. :gthanks: :yourock:Wonder if I can C & P them into a private message to gee vee? will try.

I just read Arias is going to represent herself. ROFLMAO. She wont endear herself to any Jurors IMO. I can just hear the I I I and the Me Me Me

Hello my friend Bravo :loveyou:
I just read about this today as well! I guess I am so wrapped up in the Erin Corwin thread that I have missed any other news. I would think that after she did all her
"press conferences" following her trial that Nurmi and Wilmont are glad to get rid of her. Although I'm sure they are still obligated to babysit her while she represents herself. Knowing Jodi she already has a new line of T-shirts in the works to sell that says JA "Bona Fide Attorney" :smile:

Good Lord, would she be able to call Travis's family to the stand for some sick reason?

I think this is the reason for her wanting to represent herself. She only lives for the here and now. IMO to her it will be so much fun for her (and very tramatic for them)to put Travis' family and old girlfriends through her personally questioning them. In the end she won't care if she gets the death penalty because she will reminence every day till her death remembering the fun she had along the way. She is just that evil.

:gaah: JA made it in the local newspaper down here.

Here's a quote from defense attorney Daniel Horowitz:

"It's actually probably a good idea to represent herself," said San Francisco-area defense attorney Daniel Horowitz. "She looks like a vicious psychopath with a ridiculous defense."

However, Horowitz noted, the jury "may find her pathetic."

"If she can get just one juror to bond with her on some level, even if they hate her, they're getting to know her, and it's harder to kill someone you know," he said.

Link: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/08/convicted_murderer_jodi_arias.html#incart_river

:gaah:

She knew Travis - it didn't stop her from killing him.

Hello all my Websleuths friends - long time no see!

A couple of thoughts/questions

1 Will JA appear in court to represent herself in prison garb?

2 Will she call "Alice" to the stand for mitigating factors Alice may see in regard to JA?

3. The best of all this is that JM will know every person JA has spoken with or visited with while in jail. He will know what she ate, when she ate, if she started the book club, if she started her re-cycling program, what mail she received and on and on. JM has had ample time to prepare for JA.

4. Most importantly where we will we watch this circus?

Love reading your posts again and look forward to your responses.

being a convicted murderer, I'm sure she will be wearing her prison uniform. Should be interesting to see a "lawyer" wearing stripes!

Do you think she'll be wearing her shackles? That would be interesting to see how she walks up to question a witness.

Good Lord! I don't even know what to say. Jodi is a vicious, evil murderer and should not be allowed to say even one more word about Travis, IMO. I know she has a right to represent herself, but I hate that she is getting that much of a 'stage' to voice her lies.

I want her to be sitting on death row realizing just how much she is missing by being the murderer she is!

MOO

Do you think she'll be wearing her shackles? That would be interesting to see how she walks up to question a witness.

I will bet you a C note that since she is representing herself she will be in street clothes and feeling extremely important. She may or may not have the shackles on but you can count on her having the 'zapper' strapped to her.

I will bet you a C note that since she is representing herself she will be in street clothes and feeling extremely important. She may or may not have the shackles on but you can count on her having the 'zapper' strapped to her.

I also think they will allow her to dress up like a pretend lawyer and she will get such a kick out of all the attention. She will love it. It is a travesty.

The only hope I have is that she fails miserably at being a lawyer. It will be so funny if she starts messing up and cannot handle it. I hope the audience members in the courtroom start laughing uncontrollably at her.

I also think they will put the electronic shocking device around her ankle and she will probably wear slacks to cover it up.

We had another case here at WS....of course, can't remember her name, of a woman representing herself. She killed her hubby. Crazy as a loon. Found guilty.
She made the courtroom a circus. Just like JA will.

Have there been any JA hair donations or JA organized hair donations to date? TIA

I bet all parties involved are stocking up on advil and migraine meds. Talk about one BIG headache coming soon!

She is now convicted. Would she be permitted to wear civilian clothes?

Pfffffftttttt......don't ya know JM is rubbing his hands together in anticipation?! He will slay her.

Question: Can she pull the same stunt as the last time she "represented herself"? She got a nice long delay when she changed her mind back to wanting lawyers.

This I do think is the real danger in this stupid decision to allow her to defend herself.

I can see it now. After about a week or 2 of Jodi getting hammered with legal + valid objections by Juan, it will become obvious to the Judge that this is not working out and they are getting nowhere fast. At some point, the judge will realize the re-trial will never be over unless the court assigns her a real lawyer.

Once that finally happens, there will be more extensive delays and it will be 2015 before we see this trial resume.
All because of a stupid decision of someone saying she is capable of running the show as her own lawyer. The only thing she is capable of is babbling a bunch of BS.

Oh, forgot 1 other thing she is good at. Slaying innocent people with both knife + gun at the same time.

:silly:

Good lord, that girl thinks she's all that AND a bag of chips! :floorlaugh:
She better come in there with a shaved head or that whole "locks of love" is going to fall on deaf ears. And I'm sure she's going to ask that this part of the "trial" be moved to a different county.........can you imagine her questioning potential jurors? :facepalm:

CMJA WON'T be in prison garb or shackles.....it'll prejudice the jury.

I imagine her like a Mexican jumping bean, "Objection, objection, objection". She sees Juan as a challenge, an adversary, someone she wants to squish like a bug.

"Suck it up, Buttercup", I see a "Major Fail" coming her way. And a lot of "motions".:gaah:

She is now convicted. Would she be permitted to wear civilian clothes?

Yes, I am almost positive they will allow this. The reason is of course to offer her an "unbias" view from the jurors. The court cannot force her to wear prison clothes because that could alter how the jurors see her.

I dont know from a legal perspective for sure, but i am pretty darn certain of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth