SIDEBAR #26- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the killer wants to represent herself for three reasons
1. We all know that she is Einstein
2. She will have more opportunity to charm the male jurors.
3. Probably about midway through the trail , she will declare that she cannot handle the case anymore and try to
pull another stall tactic.

Stalling as long as she can before the inevitable happens and she is transported to the Big House and out of sight/out of mind.

Wouldn't Juan have to offer her LWOP and wouldn't she have the choice to accept or not? I have to admit I'm confused a little. Is Life with parole also an option? I don't think she would accept LWOP.. she truly believes if she can just talk to the jury they will see things her way. I think she'd turn down a deal if it wasn't 25 to life. JMO

No, JM doesn't have to offer it to her, he can simply drop the death penalty as a punishment the State is seeking and the judge will sentence her to either Life with or without parole. Since AZ doesn't have a parole system anymore, and would have to reinstate one for her to ever have the chance of being released, there wouldn't be much reason for JSS to sentence her to Life with a possible release. I personally don't see JSS doing that in any regard, she knows JA better than most of us, has had many exparte meetings and understands the plottings of the little murdress, I don't for a minute think JSS believes JA should ever be out in the public sector, she has proven herself to be far too dangerous to trust.

Wouldn't Juan have to offer her LWOP and wouldn't she have the choice to accept or not? I have to admit I'm confused a little. Is Life with parole also an option? I don't think she would accept LWOP.. she truly believes if she can just talk to the jury they will see things her way. I think she'd turn down a deal if it wasn't 25 to life. JMO

IIRC, JA wanted LWOP, she doesn't have an option for parole..she dies in prison.

I believe it's the Alexander family that is pushing for the DP (she slaughtered their loved one), I just tweeted to them this morning, my suggesting on bursting her bubble...she needs to be stopped in her tracks. I asked they do not feed her ego with allowing her to be pro se...

While I do feel this is one time I agree the DP is warranted, I personally think she would suffer more with LWOP. I would be inclined to give that to her. I do understand the Alexander family's frustration and opinion on giving her DP. On the other hand, there are many ways a change to LWOP would burst her bubbles.

Never, ever should she be allowed a chance to get out!

JMO

I truly do NOT think that JA will EVER be able to even pretend to feel remorse. She's not sorry, and she is going to try to prove that not only was she defending herself but that Travis deserved what happened to him.

Yeah, I still don't understand how she was defending herself by stabbing him in the back!

As much as I believe in the death penalty and believe, firmly, that Jodi Arias deserves it as much as Ted Bundy (there is a serial killer furiously bubbling inside of that woman) I do think that LWOP would be more 'final' and garner less attention. I really hope Travis' family change their mind about this. It would give them closure and leave Arias in a prison full of people like her. We can forget about her for good.

th

And another day closer to Justice for Travis !

:seeya: Morning Y'all !

BBM: :laughcry: :laughcry: Einstein -- too funny !

I really think the killer wants to represent herself for three reasons
1. We all know that she is Einstein
2. She will have more opportunity to charm the male jurors.
3. Probably about midway through the trail , she will declare that she cannot handle the case anymore and try to
pull another stall tactic.

Stalling as long as she can before the inevitable happens and she is transported to the Big House and out of sight/out of mind.

:seeya: But seriously, you have her "pegged" !

IIRC, JA wanted LWOP, she doesn't have an option for parole..she dies in prison.

I believe it's the Alexander family that is pushing for the DP (she slaughtered their loved one), I just tweeted to them this morning, my suggesting on bursting her bubble...she needs to be stopped in her tracks. I asked they do not feed her ego with allowing her to be pro se...

The Alexander family need to hear the jury confirm that their brother's life meant something. They need to hear the sentence of "death". This isn't just a killing where they were crushed and the killer finally expressed remorse and they can go forward. This is a killer who gets a thrill of reliving every mortal injury she inflicted upon Travis. I have said I cannot vote for the DP and guess that makes me a coward. BUT...I have never walked in their shoes. I don't know how I would feel if I were in their shoes right now. So we should all support the family and what they need to go forward.

Giving JA LWOP right now isn't going to burst her bubble. She is playing everyone, all sides. Life or LWOP is what she wants. She will do anything to avoid death. She is a coward who wants everyone to exalt her and let her believe in her greatness. I want the trial to go forward. I want a jury to hear what she has done and make a decision, one way or another. Take it out of Jodi's hands. Make her face her punishment, whatever that may be.

We don't need to advise Travis's family on what they should do. IMO. JMO.

We have seen those twitters she has had someone put out to the public on her behalf since her conviction and the fact that she has threated JM. Plus in court with her "throat cutting" gestures that we have seen from time to time. My fear would be that access to the general population in prison would be a way of her causing more problems for Travis' family and I truly believe that is why they want the DP for JA. It would keep her from having access to prisoners who feel the need to carry out her orders when they leave prison. Solitary is the only place safe enough to keep her from harming anyone connected with Travis. Let's not forget what they found in her car....a gun and two knives. My guess is JA may have had plans to use them. Having that many weapons in her car was not for protection. She was not through killing and she has a long list of scores to settle. jmo

We have seen those twitters she has had someone put out to the public on her behalf since her conviction and the fact that she has threated JM. Plus in court with her "throat cutting" gestures that we have seen from time to time. My fear would be that access to the general population in prison would be a way of her causing more problems for Travis' family and I truly believe that is why they want the DP for JA. It would keep her from having access to prisoners who feel the need to carry out her orders when they leave prison. Solitary is the only place safe enough to keep her from harming anyone connected with Travis. Let's not forget what they found in her car....a gun and two knives. My guess is JA may have had plans to use them. jmo

Lamb Chop,
exactly! She need to be locked away in solitary confinement. She, IMO, is a female version of Charles Manson.

Good point you are all putting forth. No matter my desire, I will support the Alexander's with their decision. I just wish she could never bring more grief to the family.

Oh she'll be wearing street clothes, makeup etc. I don't think this is a stall tactic. First, the judge told JA that her motion to represent herself will not delay trial. Her attorneys will still be there as advisors and back up and if she does decide to stop representing herself they will resume their roles as her attorneys. Nope, she just really thinks she is smarter than anyone else and she loves attention and that is why she's representing herself. I think it's funny. If she is sentenced to death, she will get one automatic appeal that is free. If she's give LWOP then she has to pay for her own appeals.
I think that is her biggest motivator. She is a huge narcissist and the courtroom will be her stage imo.

The Alexander family need to hear the jury confirm that their brother's life meant something. They need to hear the sentence of "death". This isn't just a killing where they were crushed and the killer finally expressed remorse and they can go forward. This is a killer who gets a thrill of reliving every mortal injury she inflicted upon Travis. I have said I cannot vote for the DP and guess that makes me a coward. BUT...I have never walked in their shoes. I don't know how I would feel if I were in their shoes right now. So we should all support the family and what they need to go forward.

Giving JA LWOP right now isn't going to burst her bubble. She is playing everyone, all sides. Life or LWOP is what she wants. She will do anything to avoid death. She is a coward who wants everyone to exalt her and let her believe in her greatness. I want the trial to go forward. I want a jury to hear what she has done and make a decision, one way or another. Take it out of Jodi's hands. Make her face her punishment, whatever that may be.

We don't need to advise Travis's family on what they should do. IMO. JMO.

I was actually all for the DP in this case (I have no problem being the one to inject the needle myself!) till I read about Katiecoolady's own experience. In any case, it's Travis' family that make the decision and we all support them. :) Maybe once Arias hears the words 'We the jury fix the punishment at death' she will realize the gravity of it all.

I was actually all for the DP in this case (I have no problem being the one to inject the needle myself!) till I read about Katiecoolady's own experience. In any case, it's Travis' family that make the decision and we all support them. :) Maybe once Arias hears the words 'We the jury fix the punishment at death' she will realize the gravity of it all.

BBM We can only hope this will be the case here.

From your mouth, to Gods ears.

Jodi arias is on Snapped right now. EST Oxygen channel. It is on for 2 hours. Part 1 and part 2

Jodi arias is on Snapped right now. EST Oxygen channel. It is on for 2 hours. Part 1 and part 2
I always thought Snapped was for those women who lost it at the moment. Jodi didn't snap. She planned and obsessed and premeditated. Then after the fact she planned to kill again. She shouldn't be featured on Snapped where a potential juror might see it. She should be featured on show of probable serial killers. I don't doubt she killed before and that's why some are afraid of her. Jmo.

As much as I believe in the death penalty and believe, firmly, that Jodi Arias deserves it as much as Ted Bundy (there is a serial killer furiously bubbling inside of that woman) I do think that LWOP would be more 'final' and garner less attention. I really hope Travis' family change their mind about this. It would give them closure and leave Arias in a prison full of people like her. We can forget about her for good.
-----------
Hi Rose, We should ask AZ.Lawyer about this. I believe I read eons ago the DP. is not entirely up to any family. I believe JM. also wants DP.. Arias does deserve it, like you I would be satisfied (at this point) to go for LWOP. I also think many are afraid of her someday getting out. I know I am. :loveyou:

:gaah: Snapped

I hope Snapped gets it right : Jodi premeditated Travis' murder, and she was found GUILTY of 1st Degree Murder!

Just a quick thank you to those who expressed themselves so well regarding support for the family. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for them, and thankful I don't have that experience to draw from. They alone have the right to decide how they feel and what would possibly help them, IMO without pressure of any kind. I also agree she needs to be on death row and access to others severely restricted - IIRC LWOP puts her in general population where she can 'earn' benefits, etc. She deserves to sit in a call 23 hrs a day and think about what put her there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966