SIDEBAR #27- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A short minute entry was just posted explaining that the hearing on Friday was moved to today because the witness (presumably the expert witness who appeared by phone) was unavailable on Friday.

ETA: Still waiting for the more important minute entry.

Sigh. This really makes me angry.

Said witness could not wait more than two hours at the jail and then bailed.

Same witness cannot find time in three weeks to reschedule jail visit.

In the 8/13, court hearing Judge sets date of 8/22 for witness to be available by telephone to address issue. This very important witness cannot juggle her schedule and has the court change their schedule instead to address the issue today and cancel Friday's hearing.

This witness looks to be problematic in more ways than one. Expect to see more of the same in the future. Ah, let's see, her report won't be done on time. She wont't be available to testify on certain days. And Arias will ask the court to bend over backwards for this witness.

In the 8/13, court hearing Judge sets date of 8/22 for witness to be available by telephone to address issue. This very important witness cannot juggle her schedule and has the court change their schedule instead to address the issue today and cancel Friday's hearing.

This witness looks to be problematic in more ways than one. Expect to see more of the same in the future. Ah, let's see, her report won't be done on time. She wont't be available to testify on certain days. And Arias will ask the court to bend over backwards for this witness.

Either said witness is terribly self-important, or said witness is a bumbling fool! :floorlaugh:

Based on her motion, it sounds like it's not a matter of her needing to interview the expert, but of the expert needing to evaluate her. If this is any kind of mental health evaluation, it will require a face-to-face meeting. I think it's the expert's schedule, not hers, that is causing the delay, together with the jail's apparent reluctance to follow whatever procedure was devised to keep the expert's identity under wraps.

AZ lawyer, it is also quite possible that JA, JW and KN are playing system and that the jailer did nothing wrong and that the expert could indeed see her before then but that the defense asked the expert to schedule it as far out as possible. I'm a cynic.

Going to be REALLY outspoken here:
Put CMJA in the General population at Estrella, and let one of the inmates take care of her, like permanently.

With all the continuances, I doubt this will see the light of the court room til January 2015. Otherwise it's going to be fractured up with holidays and unforeseen issues with witnesses.:facepalm:

Wish someone would REALLY put a fork in CMJA. I can see her asking for a re-trial because the whole process wasn't "speedy"....:gaah:

Ok...just read the motion...funny how it appeared she first left blank the three weeks. This meeting with the expert appears to be a continuation of another meeting as she references additional notes. I personally think it's ridiculous that she's soooo concerned that the public knows who her experts are. Can someone explain to me why? (I mean, besides the whole control thing she has going on.)

Thank you for this, Bernina. This is what came from my previous link on an update:

Jeff Bullock, the Greenville Zoo's director, said he knew something was wrong when Autumn's calf started coming out backwards.

Bullock and general curator Keith Gilchrist arrived at the zoo soon after Autumn, an 8-year-old Masai giraffe, went into labor at about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.

"There were issues," Bullock said. "It was nothing like (her first calf) Kiko."

Most giraffes are born head first, but the male Autumn was carrying was delivered upside down in what's known as the breech position.

Whether that had anything to do with his death won't be known until the post mortem exam is completed later today, Bullock said, and zoo officials obtain footage from the Earthcam video stream, which captured much of the delivery.

He said stillborn giraffes aren't common, occurring about as often as human stillbirths.

Keepers are for now focusing on Autumn, taking her off exhibit in order to keep a close eye on her during the afterbirth, he said.

All signs seemed to show that the pregnancy was going fine, Bullock said. More information will be released at a news conference to be held at 3 p.m. today by the giraffe exhibit.

"We're trying to answer as many of the community's questions as we can because a lot of people were following her," Bullock said.

Online viewers had been tuning into the zoo's live stream all this month, hoping to catch sight of the birth that was expected at any time.

The expected calf's sibling, Kiko, had a live online audience of more than 200,000 for his arrival in October 2012.

Staff writer Amy Clarke Burns contributed to this report

yes, too much disappointment.

On a better note" hubby & I are going away for a few days Th-Sat. (Dayton area )-- I will pop in if we have internet available.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ivers-stillborn-calf-greenville-zoo/14326531/

Probably a busy professional squeezing JA into her schedule. I wonder if this is some evaluation that Nurmi didn't want and so was not sought until JA started representing herself.

Frozen here and no sounds at all. must be my computer.

Yes- rotten day. :gaah:

:sigh:

It's not your computer, it's the feed. I have 2 different stations up, one has no sound, and the other is in and out.

:gaah::scared:

"(CNN) - Afton Burton was 16 and living with her parents in Illinois when she discovered Charles Manson.
Now, nine years later, her name is Star, she's 25 years old, and she considers herself Charles Manson's wife, even though it isn't official yet.

"He filed for the first round of paperwork," says Star, who says she's in love with the 79-year-old convicted murderer. "I'm completely with him, and he's completely with me. It's what I was born for, you know. I don't know what else to say."

Star says she was first attracted to Manson after reading about ATWA, Manson's environmental philosophy that stands for air, trees, water, animals.

"It's the life on the planet, you know," Star says. "The Earth is a rock and everything else on it is ATWA."
crazy.gif

Star says she knows people think she's crazy.

"I don't care what those kind of people think. It doesn't make any difference," she says. "The man that I know is not what they have in the movies or in documentaries and the books. He's nothing like that. He doesn't tell people what to do. He's not manipulative at all."

Star spends her days painting and maintaining several of Manson's social media sites, including MansonDirect.com. Her goal is to try to get Manson out of prison, arguing that he had nothing to do with the seven Tate-LaBianca murders that he was convicted of masterminding...."

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26238634/i-am-charles-mansons-wife

What. is. this. world. coming. to??? :scared:

I can see it on computer but no sound; nothing on the ipad

harumph!

Is anyone else having a problem with the sound at the giraffe press conference?

:gaah::scared:

"(CNN) - Afton Burton was 16 and living with her parents in Illinois when she discovered Charles Manson.
Now, nine years later, her name is Star, she's 25 years old, and she considers herself Charles Manson's wife, even though it isn't official yet.

"He filed for the first round of paperwork," says Star, who says she's in love with the 79-year-old convicted murderer. "I'm completely with him, and he's completely with me. It's what I was born for, you know. I don't know what else to say."

Star says she was first attracted to Manson after reading about ATWA, Manson's environmental philosophy that stands for air, trees, water, animals.

"It's the life on the planet, you know," Star says. "The Earth is a rock and everything else on it is ATWA."
crazy.gif

Star says she knows people think she's crazy.

"I don't care what those kind of people think. It doesn't make any difference," she says. "The man that I know is not what they have in the movies or in documentaries and the books. He's nothing like that. He doesn't tell people what to do. He's not manipulative at all."

Star spends her days painting and maintaining several of Manson's social media sites, including MansonDirect.com. Her goal is to try to get Manson out of prison, arguing that he had nothing to do with the seven Tate-LaBianca murders that he was convicted of masterminding...."

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26238634/i-am-charles-mansons-wife

What. is. this. world. coming. to??? :scared:

She is originally from Bunker Hill. Which is like 15 min from us. she is same age as my daughter. It is crazy she is from there. The town is pretty small. Unbelievable UGH

Why was the court room cleared - I know JA asked - but for what reason did she have to clear it out?

I thought court proceedings were to be public?

TIA

JSKS ruled that the especially cruel lying torture murderess's witness list may remain private. In fact, her proposed witnesses need not sign in the log at the jail as the Estrella incarceration facility's visitors' names are subject to public disclosure.

There is a workaround which has been established and is maintained for the in pro per (self-representation) defendants to have such defense team 'experts', etc. tracked separately from the standard visitors.

Thus, I assume that in order to be consistent with public non-disclosure of the identities, the courtroom was cleared.

Certainly very frustrating to be sitting here wondering if Jen and others will be allowed back in the courtroom and when we'll find out what's going on. I wonder how many times this will happen during the retrial. :badmood:

My guess = More times than you can shake a stick at

Interesting that in her motion for delay, Jodi seems to know exactly what that Lt. Eastlund said, including his tone of voice. Was she there?

Maria De La Rosa was there and briefed the especially cruel lying torture murderess.

Curious, we got word (and I read it elsewhere) that Aug. 22 was vacated before the hearing opened today. So we will get a ruling based on what occurred in that courtroom this morning, in addition to the written motion, of course.

I checked the calendar during the past 48 hours and August 22 has not been on it for at least that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe